Amazon Refund Question

hopesfall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not sure where to post this - sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I ordered a Call of Duty 360 bundle two weeks ago, and when it showed up the game was missing. I called and set up a return for a refund, no big deal. However, I haven't been able to get to UPS to ship it out, and when I was getting ready to send it out today, I noticed that my RMA listed this as a replacement rather than a refund. I had an online chat with a customer service rep and just a few minutes ago I received an e-mail stating that the refund was being applied to my payment source (credit card). So...that's great, except that I haven't sent the system back yet. I've read the e-mail a dozen times and I'm pretty sure I'm getting a refund without having sent back my item. :lol: Has anyone had this happen to them with Amazon in the past, and if so, how did you handle it? Did they contact you in the future about sending back the item?

[quote name='hopesfall']Not sure where to post this - sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I ordered a Call of Duty 360 bundle two weeks ago, and when it showed up the game was missing. I called and set up a return for a refund, no big deal. However, I haven't been able to get to UPS to ship it out, and when I was getting ready to send it out today, I noticed that my RMA listed this as a replacement rather than a refund. I had an online chat with a customer service rep and just a few minutes ago I received an e-mail stating that the refund was being applied to my payment source (credit card). So...that's great, except that I haven't sent the system back yet. I've read the e-mail a dozen times and I'm pretty sure I'm getting a refund without having sent back my item. :lol: Has anyone had this happen to them with Amazon in the past, and if so, how did you handle it? Did they contact you in the future about sending back the item?[/QUOTE]

personally i think amazon is just too lazy to take the items back (at least the workers are)

idea few months back i ordered

tactics orge for the psp thought it would come with the cards cause there was a image.... so i email them saying take down the picture if there are no more cards.. I get an email saying you will get a 100% refund and you can keep your game..

today i got FATE/EXTRA LE was to be in good shape with med bend in box.. got it and the case was busted and the music/art book plastic case was busted (in shipment cause when you shake the box even before opening it you could hear all the plastic ratting around) paid 25.99 from wherehouse and asked can you offer like a 10 or 20% discount so i could grab another case cheap... responce i get back.. The rep has issued a FULL REFUND and you keep the game

i think some of the workers are just too lazy to request the shipping lable to you and its easier for them just to issue the cash back and tell you to keep the item

on the tactics orge game i even told them i be more then happy to send the game back in 3 different emails .. funny thing is in each email responce i got i was given more and more cash back..

i think i paid like 20 bucks for it. got 20 bucks refunded then 5 buck credit and a 10 buck credit (so mostly FREE game and 15 bucks in credit ) I finally was able to talk to a boss and get the 15 bucks removed (they even toldme to keep the game)

got to be careful though cause some people have said amazon has banned people for this (this is the main reason i cut and paste all of my chat room talk i have with amazon...

its not my idea to keep the items amazon is the one pushing the crap on me :)

i really dont care if amazon bans me, keeps me from wasting cash on games i dont need to be spending anyways ... hell i probally blew 300 bucks on games that i have no even opened from last xmas from amazon

EDIT

Sort of very werid email i got... I was told my Refund for FATE/EXTRA has been cancelled due to the fact that i refuse to send the game back (what i told them from the start i didnt want to return it) was offered 2 bucks for the cracked case and the music cd will not be replace or i can send it all back AT MY COST ....

hello amazon say cancel to the 150 bucks in toys i just ordered and hello tru due to the face i know my items wont show up crushed...dont ask me why amazon wont ship in a box

Last edited by a moderator:
...Come on OP you did not need to create a thread on this, contact Amazon support via phone if you want an instant answer.

If I contact them I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to send it back. If other people have had this happen without consequences, I feel ok not worrying about it - hence the thread.

[quote name='hopesfall']If I contact them I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to send it back. If other people have had this happen without consequences, I feel ok not worrying about it - hence the thread.[/QUOTE]You need to contact them so they know what happened.

Of course, you could just be happy scamming Amazon, though if that's the case, why make the thread?

[quote name='hopesfall']If I contact them I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to send it back.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. let me get this right.

You paid with your credit card. They're refunding your credit card. You haven't sent it back yet, so you're thinking that you get to keep the item, like they don't know your credit card and won't just re-charge it when you don't send it back.. Do I have that right?

In some cases, amazon may refund you back right away (if you chose not to do replacement). However, if you never send it back they are authorized to recharge your card for it.

Not sure if it applies to his case, so its up to you if you want to take that risk.

Ahh! I stand corrected then, Thanks for clearing that up.
22.gif

Naplex - thanks, that's what I thought but figured I'd see if anyone had experiences in the past where this worked out differently. Not worth the hassle down the line. Thanks.

Everyone else - if Amazon issues the refund and I don't have to return the item, I'm going to take advantage of their mistake, and I'd even do it without feeling guilty. Judge away.

For some items that are broken/defective Amazon simply issues a return/replacement and cuts the loss.

[quote name='Naplex']In some cases, amazon may refund you back right away (if you chose not to do replacement). However, if you never send it back they are authorized to recharge your card for it.

Not sure if it applies to his case, so its up to you if you want to take that risk.[/QUOTE]
Or they can ban your account if you frequently return stuff or engage in return fraud.
The_More_You_Know.jpg

[quote name='hopesfall']Not sure where to post this - sorry if it is in the wrong spot. I ordered a Call of Duty 360 bundle two weeks ago, and when it showed up the game was missing. I called and set up a return for a refund, no big deal. However, I haven't been able to get to UPS to ship it out, and when I was getting ready to send it out today, I noticed that my RMA listed this as a replacement rather than a refund. I had an online chat with a customer service rep and just a few minutes ago I received an e-mail stating that the refund was being applied to my payment source (credit card). So...that's great, except that I haven't sent the system back yet. I've read the e-mail a dozen times and I'm pretty sure I'm getting a refund without having sent back my item. :lol: Has anyone had this happen to them with Amazon in the past, and if so, how did you handle it? Did they contact you in the future about sending back the item?[/QUOTE]
For one thing... this may happen to you:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392

So no need for us to judge, since Amazon will do the judging. They don't take too kindly for being scammed and taken advantage of, feel free to google it.

The other thing, they have some kind of time table in their system to expect the returned item from you, or you will be re-charged again.

I just had a package from Amazon (new camera and SD card) that was "delivered" while I was home, but I never heard anything - no knock, no walking up the steps - and the package was nowhere to be found. I walked up and down the neighborhood looking for a package on somebody else's steps and also asked one neighbor. Nothing.

After a LONG time on the phone with amazon (and first with UPS, who said I had to go through Amazon), they are now shipping me a replacement camera, but not the SD card, because the SD card was from a 3rd party (but fulfilled by amazon) and they can't replace it. They're refunding me on the SD card, but I had to order another one and I don't get the refund for several days. Plus instead of having the camera for Thanksgiving thanks to Amazon Prime, now I won't get it until Monday. Sigh.

It's been a while since I've had a shipment screw up like this. It's frustrating/disappointing.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just had a package from Amazon (new camera and SD card) that was "delivered" while I was home, but I never heard anything - no knock, no walking up the steps - and the package was nowhere to be found. I walked up and down the neighborhood looking for a package on somebody else's steps and also asked one neighbor. Nothing.

After a LONG time on the phone with amazon (and first with UPS, who said I had to go through Amazon), they are now shipping me a replacement camera, but not the SD card, because the SD card was from a 3rd party (but fulfilled by amazon) and they can't replace it. They're refunding me on the SD card, but I had to order another one and I don't get the refund for several days. Plus instead of having the camera for Thanksgiving thanks to Amazon Prime, now I won't get it until Monday. Sigh.

It's been a while since I've had a shipment screw up like this. It's frustrating/disappointing.[/QUOTE]

You should have a chat with your mail person/UPS person

[quote name='coolsteel']Scamming being outright discussed on CAG now, times have changed[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in where you would draw the line between "scamming" and say...taking advantage of a situation. When I think of scamming, I think of intentionally creating this type of situation to generate a profit. Not the case here. I thought it was a nice stroke of luck that they had issued the refund without receiving the item, and if I can take advantage of that situation, I'm ok with that. I'll take a free 360 any day of the week. Maybe you'd call it a scam, but I wouldn't. My initial intent was not to "scam" Amazon out of the item - it was to get a refund rather than the replacement that they had mistakenly set it up as.

Anyway, rather than risk having my account banned or getting re-charged for the item at some point down the line, I just sent it back today. Thanks for the info guys.

bread's done
Back