Amazon return

carbontiger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Question: I bought the Iron Man bluray from Amazon b/c all my local stores were either out of them or more expensive then Amazon. My gf ended up buying it for me after I ordered at a B&M near her (for cheaper). Amazon wouldn't let me cancel the order b/c they claimed it was in the process of being shipped. It came today and their return process says that they're going to deduct the return postage cost from my refund. Could I just do a "return to sender" or would I have to return it to them through their system and be charged for shipping?

They'll still charge shipping depending on what option you select as the "reason for return." For example, if you just changed your mind or didn't want it anymore and selected that option, they'd charge the shipping. If, however, you chose something like, "incompatible with my system" then they wouldn't.

If the reason for the return is your fault (like if you don't want the product anymore), they will deduct the cost of shipping from the refund.

Old topic but valid, can I just Return to sender?

I have an order from amazon that they won't price adjust from a pre-order that now the post-order is cheaper...

I already ordered my replacements but how can I get this order back to them... hate for them to charge shipping.

They are 2 dvd sets....

They have a BETTER PRICE AVAILABLE... I should state that and say YOU when you do a douche move like you did.

Well Please someone tell me I can just refuse item and let USPS return and refund.

Last edit... searched the Amazon threads and it looks like I can just refuse... wonder if I can refuse back at the PO or if I need to do it at the Mailbox....

When I've dealt with Amazon for a return for something I've opened the box on, I've always paid for the postage on my own. For game items, as an example, they charge about $4 in return postage, if you use their mailing label.

I just ship it back media mail w/DC, as their return postage is going back media mail. Saves about $1 on the return shipment.

You can do a return to shipper on the box/bubble mailer, if it's unopened. They're supposed to accept it back as a return without issue and you shouldn't need to pay for the return postage on the way back or have it deducted on the return. If you open it, you can't do it as a return to sender.

I've heard that if you do enough return to sender shipments back to Amazon, they can cancel your account. I'd imagine it's not one or two that would cause an issue.

xycury, I've had the same issue with Amazon before, and sometimes, it's just not worth the hassle to do the second shipment and send back the first one. You should have no issue with the return to sender, if it's not open, though I'd mark it as such ans take it to the local post office and give it to them.

Thanks for the reply.

This was the 2 new X-men cartoon on DVDs, I preordered both at 17.xx each and Amazon pulled a ducky and threw in a link for both at an extra $5 off.

The set I shipped with a non Prime account, and it won't get here till Tuesday. While I bought the new "set" for $30.98 with Prime and it will get here on Friday.

I can't beleive they did that.

So I won't open the box up at all, and go to the mailbox. I'm hoping my doting wife will wait for the mail guy to physically say refuse so it goes back... I tend to get home after the PO closes.

bread's done
Back