Amazon Rolls Out Release-Date Delivery with Soul Calibur IV

I'm not sure if I'm going to get Soul Calibur IV, but this is very good news. Now I'll never be tempted to enter a brick and mortar retailer only to be disappointed by the service and lack of available product.

Prime FTW

Neat. I really hope they try and make this available for all games from here on out.

And for all you people on the fence on becoming an Amazon Prime member. Stop. Hop on over already.

Attention!
NM NM you ain't reading shit here!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FurryCurry']Neat. I really hope they try and make this available for all games from here on out.

And for all you people on the fence on becoming an Amazon Prime member. Stop. Hop on over already.

Attention!

I only paid $17 for Prime. If you are a Prime member you can extend the service to four other people. So, through a member of CAG, I paid $17. $80 split five ways plus the extra change to cover PayPal's service fee.
If you are reading this, you need to make Prime happen in your life.[/quote]If you're reading that, you're talking about violating Amazon Prime's TOS, as the benefits for four different Amazon.com accounts applies to people in your household, not random people across the Internet that don't share the same address as you.

Specified right here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=13819201

More specifically:
[quote name='From Amazon Prime TOS']Prime members are entitled to free Two-Day shipping and $3.99 per unit One-Day shipping on all eligible purchases. Two-Day and One-Day shipping usually apply across business days; however, Amazon Prime members can take advantage of special weekend and other shipping options for qualifying merchandise--these options depend on inventory availability, order deadlines, and in some cases on the shipping address. If you purchase a Prime membership, you may also invite up to four eligible family members living in your household (at the same address) to register for Prime membership at no extra cost. (Please note that any member under age 18 may use the Amazon.com Web site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.) The purchaser can change and/or remove guests at any time. A guest's membership will automatically terminate if the purchaser of the membership ceases to be a member or removes the guest. This program is not available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale.[/quote]

Once again, people turn a blind eye to this little requirement, though Amazon.com doesn't police it like they should, either. All done in the name of saving money on Amazon Prime. Doesn't make it right if they don't cover their TOS, though people shouldn't force them to do it by not abiding to it. Cheapy gets a lot of referral money from Amazon, and people shouldn't try and mess with it on not wanting to shell out the money for Amazon Prime on their own.

How would they even figure it out? Someone living under the same roof as the primary Prime member could have a different billing address too ya know?

I mean if Amazon ever catches us then yeah I'll have to sign up the old fashioned way but I don't see them taking action when they are getting more of our shopping dollars now.

I'm somewhat confused about the Prime membership sharing myself since I'm about to move into an apartment with roommates so we'll be under the same roof but not "family members"

[quote name='buckythekat']I'm somewhat confused about the Prime membership sharing myself since I'm about to move into an apartment with roommates so we'll be under the same roof but not "family members"[/quote]If the billing or ship-to addresses match the primary Amazon.com user's ship-to or bill-to, it's OK. Otherwise, it's a TOS violation for Amazon Prime.

This is not new as the same thing was available on Smackdown vs RAW 2008 and I think Assassin's Creed as well. I had them preordered and they sent me an e-mail to offer it to me. I have Prime and I love having the service.

When did Amazon Prime start working with pre-orders? I signed up for it when it started in 2005, but then canceled it when I found out it didn't work for pre-orders. I would have liked to have known that that policy had changed. Oh well, signed up for it now, I make at least two Amazon orders a month so it's well worth it.

i could have sworn that it always did. I mean why wouldn't it? Prime is just a method of shipping. I don't see why a pre-order would change how you want an item shipped. But yes, it works for pre-orders too.

I always stick to Super-Saver and always get things within a few days; I must live near a shipping center because Amazon is always sending out my stuff very quickly.

AMZ is practically my one and only shop for entertainment sources and I will definitely consider Prime if they do, in fact, spread this out to cover all or more pre-orders of games. Hearing this news is pretty sweet though, and I sincerely hope that this does spread to cover everything -- or at least most major things -- coming out.

This is VERY good news for Amazon. As a member of Prime since it first started I always bought my movies, dvds, and books from them. But, the few games that I did purchase ALWAYS came late. I remember getting Gears of War (with 1-day shipping) about a week after it released. The same with Mario Kart and WarioWare Wii. I always sent them hate mail and they refunded my shipping. But, it was really annoying that they always promised that the game would be shipped on the release day only to have the order enter "processing" on the release day and ship days to weeks later. Since you can't cancel the order after it starts processing you are screwed.

I really hope Amazon continues offering "release date" shipping for all of its game titles. Not only will it allow me to get games faster, it will also save me the $3.99 in One-day shipping fees...

I think this might be finished for Soul Calibur 4. I was going to order this morning but I don't see the links anymore. And when I add SC4 to my cart and check out the option isn't there. :(

Just ask around your local stores if they are selling it. A radio shack near me broke street date and I was able to grab one.

Of course I called them afterwards notifying them of their mistake, but even one copy could result in a hefty fine.

Was this a "fail" for anyone else? Two books I ordered from Amazon showed up today, but no SC4. I just checked the shipment status and it hasn't even shipped yet despite the expected delivery date being today.

I got it today. Thought I was screwed out of the shirt like I was screwed out of the Izuna 2 pre-order poster, but it turns out they folded it a million times to fit it into the metal case.

[quote name='Maklershed']I got my Soul Calibur today. :bouncy:[/quote]

Laaaaaame. What version did you end up going with? I went with the PS3 Limited Edition so I'm wondering if that had any bearing.

I almost always get pre-orders quickly, even with Super Saver. I know a lot of people have had their issues with SS lately, but the latest I have ever gotten a pre-order was Friday. The majority of them show up on Wednesday or Thursday. Of course, I really don't pre-order things from Amazon when I know I will want them immediately, so a few days isn't bad in my book.

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']Laaaaaame. What version did you end up going with? I went with the PS3 Limited Edition so I'm wondering if that had any bearing.[/quote]

I got the 360 version.

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']Laaaaaame. What version did you end up going with? I went with the PS3 Limited Edition so I'm wondering if that had any bearing.[/QUOTE]

i ordered the ps3 LE also and mine came today. they overnighted it yesterday. i also have amazon prime, so maybe that helped. i really thought it wouldn't come today as some sort of punishment for getting it for $40.

Amazon announced today that Tiger Woods 08, Force Unleashed, Fable 2, and GOW2 will have release day delivery options. Looks like all the games that are finished well before release date so amazon gets them enough time before release

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Amazon announced today that Tiger Woods 08, Force Unleashed, Fable 2, and GOW2 will have release day delivery options. Looks like all the games that are finished well before release date so amazon gets them enough time before release[/quote]

Damnit I knew I should of preorder gears 2 while i still had prime...lame.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Amazon announced today that Tiger Woods 09, Force Unleashed, Fable 2, and GOW2 will have release day delivery options. [/quote]

Fixed it for you.

bread's done
Back