Amazon: Saving Private Ryan (Sapphire Series) [Blu-ray] for $16.49 (DEAD)

Be wary. There was a known audio issue with the first pressing. These copies may be those. The studio has setup a replacement plan but it's an added step for you to go through.

Nvm. Looks like this is the corrected audio version.

Fortunately, with the recall and $5 credit, so expertly handled by Amazon at release, I already got it cheaper than that on release day ($15). I've about reduced my price point on BD releases (although I make exception for this title) to $15 so that worked out well.

[quote name='Vader582']Be wary. There was a known audio issue with the first pressing. These copies may be those. The studio has setup a replacement plan but it's an added step for you to go through.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that. I bought at release from Amazon, found out about the recall from Amazon e-mail, they gave me pre-paid shipping, and I got the $5 credit for my trouble.

I think you can tell by a yellow UPC sticker if you got the new one or not.

[quote name='turls']I seriously doubt that. I bought at release from Amazon, found out about the recall from Amazon e-mail, they gave me pre-paid shipping, and I got the $5 credit for my trouble.

I think you can tell by a yellow UPC sticker if you got the new one or not.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one. So if my copy had a yellow upc sticker does that mean I got a corrected audio one?

[quote name='turls']I seriously doubt that. I bought at release from Amazon, found out about the recall from Amazon e-mail, they gave me pre-paid shipping, and I got the $5 credit for my trouble.

I think you can tell by a yellow UPC sticker if you got the new one or not.[/QUOTE]
Ah good to know! I'm sure there's a few B&M stores that have the problem version still laying around.

So for anyone that wants to take advantage of this price, is this the corrected audio version?

[quote name='cchen326']Just ordered one. So if my copy had a yellow upc sticker does that mean I got a corrected audio one?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='Rivana']So for anyone that wants to take advantage of this price, is this the corrected audio version?[/QUOTE]

I ordered this from Amazon last week and received it on Saturday.
It has the yellow UPC label on the back of the case.
Also, another way to tell is that the disc itself is now blue in color(instead of gray)
So, to answer your question, yes Amazon is shipping the correct version.

Wow, I ordered at the $19.99 price along with Evangelion 1.11 for free shipping less than twenty-four hours ago. Luckily it hadn't shipped yet so I just canceled and re-ordered at this price.

(I missed out of the seventy-some-cent Goldbox discount on Evangelion, but this price drop on Saving Private Ryan more than off-sets it.)

I went ahead and ordered again, though I did not detect any issue with my original copy. I'm either going to give it as a gift, or send it back for the $19.99 credit, meaning I score this for $11.49 ($16.49 with the $5 credit they sent me due to the recall).

If anyone still wants it. I picked it up through Deep Discount for around the same price.

$17.15 (after 25% off)
- .69 (4% Bing cashback)
$16.46

bread's done
Back