Amazon: send a $50 gift card by text, receive $10 promo credit YMMV

happydogs

CAGiversary!
[attachment=28263:amz.jpg]

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gc_50_10_vc_smspromo?ie=UTF8&node=10143352011

From Amazon: buy a $50 gift card and send it to a recipient by text, receive a $10 promo credit for yourself.

YMMV is this is stated to be a targeted deal, meaning not everyone will be eligible for it.  I didn't receive an e-mail for it; i just happened to be shopping on Amazon and noticed the header at the top of the page.  If you're eligible, you should be able to see the same header at the top of the page (or at least the gift card page).

I've already gone ahead and ordered the gift card (texted it to myself of course LOL), so i'll verify when i receive the promo credit.  Fine print said you should receive your promo credit within three days.  Deal ends 10/17.  Good luck.

Thanks OP.  I'm not eligible for this offer but I am eligible for the "Reload $100 on your account, get $10 bonus offer" that is currently going on.

"Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer."

giphy.gif

It seems these offers only get once per account. Could be wrong, but I never get these anymore after using it once a lonnnnng time ago. Maybe its time for a new account. Its not like we get benefits or points for buying lots on one account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been able to get the $10 credit to apply to anything? I used the $50 to buy some things I needed around the house but the extra $10 did not apply. I've tried testing it on some other stuff and it never applies to anything.

Has anyone been able to get the $10 credit to apply to anything? I used the $50 to buy some things I needed around the house but the extra $10 did not apply. I've tried testing it on some other stuff and it never applies to anything.
Same never got promo credit, reached out via chat and they applied automatically

It seems these offers only get once per account. Could be wrong, but I never get these anymore after using it once a lonnnnng time ago. Maybe its time for a new account. Its not like we get benefits or points for buying lots on one account.
Actually you do, just not explicit. It does come into effect when you do returns or other out of policy requests.

Actually you do, just not explicit. It does come into effect when you do returns or other out of policy requests.
Yeah, I've had the same account for ten years now and I've never abused discounts or returns or anything and the few times I have had an issue with an order, they've always been good to me. And I have spent an obscene amount of money haha. I'm afraid to use another account at this point.

Same never got promo credit, reached out via chat and they applied automatically
I just had to do this, myself. I first used live chat, and spoke with an extraordinarily unhelpful rep who insisted that only people who received emails were eligible, to which I copy-pasted the exact terms shown on the page after clicking the banner about notification being issued by email *or* Amazon.com. They continued to insist that it was only via email notification, and when I requested to speak to somebody else, since this person seemingly didn't understand what I was trying to explain to them, they told me "My supervisor would just tell you the same thing." Awful. Wrote a scathing review of that interaction.

I then reached out by phone, and was informed that I *was* eligible and that, from her end, it looked like the promo credit was applied to my account on Thursday when I purchased the card. It still wasn't showing up on my checkout page, however, so she removed the credit and just threw a $10 balance onto my gift card instead. Whatever works, I suppose. But yeesh, that was way more hassle than I was expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised to be eligible too, but I can't help but think that I--and some of the people above--weren't supposed to be since we didn't actually receive the credit until we followed up with CS.

Had a bit of a hassle when it came to redeeming my promo, credit, too.  I did receive the confirmation e-mail that the promotional credit had been applied to my account, though it wouldn't show up at checkout.  I tried to resolve via e-mail, and the response i got was basically "everything is working as planned, go ahead and make your purchase."  So i did, was (naturally) charged full price, and went into chat to resolve.  We fooled around for awhile, simulating other purchases to see if the promo credit would apply(it never did), and the representative ultimately just took $10 off of the price of the item i'd ordered.

So, yeah, maybe more work than i'd expected it to be, but hey, i ultimately got the last season of Metalocalypse for $4.  On a side note, i wonder if anyone got this promo to work without any issues?

bread's done
Back