Amazon Shipment - Unable to forward shipment to different address. Wat?

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I've got a PSP GO coming from Amazon. I've been shipping alot of recent packages to my workplace since 5 days out of the 6 that packages are shipped out I'm there rather than at home.

But for the first time in the last dozen or so Amazon orders I've had shipped to my workplace, this one decides to arrive on Saturday.

This is what Amazon's tracking says:

July 24, 2010 09:56:00 AM --- Unable to forward shipment to different address

And this is what the USPS's tracking says:

Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, July 24, 2010, 9:56 am, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

Now my business is closed on the weekend so nobody is there on Saturday. There is a box outside the building but when we're open the mail is typically brought in by the mail carrier.

Should I be nervous as hell that my PSP is sitting in the mailbox at work all day today and tomorrow, likely to be stolen, or does the above messages mean that it'll be delivered Monday instead?

[quote name='SEH']Why not drive to your business and check to see if it's there?[/QUOTE]

Fifty mile roundtrip that I'd hate to make if it's not there.

Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, July 24, 2010, 9:56 am, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

I'm going to guess that they brought it back to the closest post office. If not and it did get swiped, I'm sure Amazon will replace it for you at their expense. It is kind of odd that they shipped such an expensive package via USPS. I thought they went with UPS or another courier on high dollar items?

They do use USPS for expensive items when it is free super saver shipping, but they do add "signature required" to them if they're over a certain dollar amount, so I'd be willing to bet that the package came back to the post office and they will re-attempt delivery on Monday.

delivered would mean it is in a mailbox. your message means it is not officially delivered. most likely means the PO has it. If it was dropped off they didnt do the scanning correctly.

Um, get prime? It really is worth it, for me at least, simply to not have to deal with USPS, on those packages at least. I have no clue why amazon's tracking would say that. You sure you still have a job? :) If it doesn't require a sig, it's in the mailbox.

bread's done
Back