Amazon shipping to PO Box?

NJMane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
Does Amazon ship large packages (such as RB Beatles) to PO Boxes? I have another 50% code coming under my gf account for the current trade-in promortion and the deal states that you can only use 1 code per mailing address and we just moved so we really dont know anyone who I can have it shipped to locally so I am getting a PO Box (anyways, for work not just for this) and need to know if they would ship to it. Does anyone ship to there PO Box or have had stuff shipped to there PO Box from Amazon? Thanks.

Also I know that I would have to pick Super Saver Shipping because 2-day and 1-day are strictly UPS. Thanks again.

I have a PO box and often large packages from amazon come via UPS. If you have a PO listed as your address and attempt to check out with an item that is delivered UPS, you'll get a message stating, "This item cannot be delivered to a PO box", or something to that effect. Then you'll be prompted to add a physical address. That's how it works in my case, anyway.

[quote name='doughazelwood']I have a PO box and often large packages from amazon come via UPS. If you have a PO listed as your address and attempt to check out with an item that is delivered UPS, you'll get a message stating, "This item cannot be delivered to a PO box", or something to that effect. Then you'll be prompted to add a physical address. That's how it works in my case, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. I do have a clarification question just to be sure.....So BEFORE you confirm the order it has a pop-up that says you cannot do that and makes you choose a physical address? I just dont want to punch in the promo code and have it shipped to the PO Box and then they say they cant becuase I have only 1 local address and I will be using that for another purchase (an as I said the code can only be used Once per household/address).

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Even with smaller stuff that gets shipped via First Class / Media Mail, it still wouldn't let me use a P.O. Box when I had one.[/QUOTE]

That seems odd, since First Class and Media Mail are specific to the USPS. Its there service why wouldn't they deliver it to the PO Box. Saves them a trip out to the residence. hhhhhmmmmm...

Doesn't really help you if you already have a PO Box, but "PO Boxes" from the UPS store accept packages of any size from any shipper and even send SMS or email when you get stuff.

If Amazon has another address on file (or finds it via your credit card info), they will ship to your street address even if you say you want it to go to your P.O. Box. This really upset me when they did that because a birthday surprise showed up at the house before I got home, (I sent it to the P.O. Box to keep it a surprise.) and Amazon refused to take any blame for not consulting with me first. (And for the record, my street address is NOT an official address on my Amazon account, even as an alternate. They did it completely on their own using my credit card bill mailing address.)

bread's done
Back