Amazon Shipping

Dallas2256

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a request on a deal but more of a request of everyone's knowledge of how fast a pre ordered item arrives from amazon if you do in fact get two day shipping.

For example, I have my ps4 ordered through them and was wondering if I will get it the day it releases or two days after? First time pre ordering anything, so I'm sorry if this sounds noobish. Lol

If it is not launch edition, it is hard to say since those stocks are likely not secured yet.  ie. Sony tell amazon/other retailers that they plan to have 2 million units available but may only ship 1.9 million units due to QA issues and manufacturing/shipping delay.  Retailers may only put 80% of their secured allotment as "launch" just to be safe with  the other 20% (or whatever) just floating out there. Sony may be able to fulfill all their pre-orders (launch edition or not) on launch day or they may not.

In general pre-order items, (with my prime). 2 days means 2 days.  about 50% I get it in 1 day, the other time I get it in 2 days (and I can see them withholding the shipment till the day before, but still 2 days since my order is placed)   Some non common items I ordered (non game related or what not) may only have stock in east coast (this has never been the case with game preorder which are usually stocked in multiple warehouses) and it is ship out immediately with ups 2 days or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with Amazon Prime (offers the free 2 day shipping), it is delivered the day of the release. So generally in the evening the day it releases.

I'm not sure if it's a 2 day shipping purchase without Prime though.

bread's done
Back