Amazon shipping

beatums

CAGiversary!
I've been lurking here for months, only made a few posts, and never started a thread until now.  I thought I would share my recent Amazon experiences and hopefully save a few people a couple bucks.

Everybody knows about Prime and the $35 free shipping for non-Prime members.  I'm not a Prime member and I always try to spend enough just to get free shipping if I can find items I need.  And of course, I checked the box that says 'send as few shipments as possible' to save myself and Amazon shipping charges.  

Well over the last few weeks with their Black Friday/Cyber Monday lightning deals, that wasn't always an option.  I kept finding lightning deals that I wanted but could not find or afford enough items to get my free shipping with every order.

So on 12/5 in particular (the day of the DIsney Infinity half-off) I won 2 lightning deals early in the day (2 infinity characters) which I bundled with other items to get free shipping.   8 hours later when they had the Frozen set on lightning deals, I ordered it by itself.  (I still saved $10 even paying shipping).

So a few days later I get a bunch of packages in the mail.  4 orders.  3 packages.  Hmm.  I opened one of them up to find that they slipped the Frozen set (which I paid shipping on) into the package containing the 2 single Infinity characters that I bundled with other items (in order to get free shipping.)  They charged me to ship an item with a shipment I had received free shipping on.   Nope.  Not fair.

Amazon can bundle multiple items from one order into a single shipment, but they cannot bundle multiple orders into one shipment.  I got on chat support with a rep and was immediately refunded my shipping charges.

I totally understand why they did it, to save themselves the additional shipping charges.   But if that's the case and they want to play like that, I feel as if they should allow us to combine multiple orders made in a single day into one shipment to save ourselves the money, too.  

bread's done
Back