Amazon: Skylanders Giants Starter Kit $39.99

Damn! I just ordered a used copy of the Giant pack for people with the portal for like $39 shipped. I didn't want to pay $60 for it and had been waiting for a price drop. I finally just broke down and bought the used copy, which hasn't even arrived yet. If I had just waited a couple days, I could of got this with 2 additional little figures.

This is a good price, but if I have already waited this long to jump on the whole Skylanders bandwagon, I can wait a little longer. Im pretty sure that once it gets closer to the release of Disney Infinity release date, the deals might be better.

In for one. I figure my daughter will like it. Hopefully, I don't regret this as I have a feeling this game will get expensive if she gets into it.

[quote name='Hoffer']Damn! I just ordered a used copy of the Giant pack for people with the portal for like $39 shipped. I didn't want to pay $60 for it and had been waiting for a price drop. I finally just broke down and bought the used copy, which hasn't even arrived yet. If I had just waited a couple days, I could of got this with 2 additional little figures.
[/QUOTE]

Came home from work to find my used copy of the game. Took out the game disc and big scratch on it. Figured if the game still installed to my Xbox 360's hard drive, I'd keep it. Fails during install due to scratched disc error.

So, submitted a defective item claim on Amazon to return the thing. I also ordered the deal in this thread.

[quote name='Sleipnir']If I own every system (3ds, wii, 360 and ps3) which version should I order?[/QUOTE]

My pick would be PS3 or 360 because the frame rate and visuals are far better than the Wii version. And then 3DS if you want a game on the go (it's a completely different game than the console version.)

[quote name='Sleipnir']If I own every system (3ds, wii, 360 and ps3) which version should I order?[/QUOTE]
I bought the PS3 version, but don't worry too much since the figures are universal, so if you want to switch systems later for a sequel, you just bring your figures with you and they keep their levels/gold/etc.

The 360 portal isn't combatible with the others, but the PS3/Wii ones are compatible.

[quote name='JazzFlight']I bought the PS3 version, but don't worry too much since the figures are universal, so if you want to switch systems later for a sequel, you just bring your figures with you and they keep their levels/gold/etc.

The 360 portal isn't combatible with the others, but the PS3/Wii ones are compatible.[/QUOTE]

Also of note, the next game in the series, Skylanders Swap Force, will use a new portal so switching systems later won't matter that much then since you'll be buying a new portal anyway.

bread's done
Back