Amazon - Super Mario 3D World Hardcover CE Guide - $16.66

Gameboy415

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
• BONUS CALENDAR - a 13 month calendar with special Mario dates and artwork is included

fuck

YES

$16.66 for GOTY's guide AND a calender? Pretty good deal.

I'm assuming it's a separate caldner, and not one that's a part of the book? Cus that would be turrible.. 

LOL, who the fuck would buy a strategy guide for a Mario game?

I could see Paper Mario or M&L, but this is literally a platformer.

LOL, who the fuck would buy a strategy guide for a Mario game?

I could see Paper Mario or M&L, but this is literally a platformer.
your mom would

i contacted them and it is indeed a separate calender. i repeat, a separate calender. thank you

Sweet deal thanks OP! My 8 yr old is gonna love this and it will promote reading to him. Plus the artwork, hardcover and bonus calendar make this an awesome deal IMO. Great find, I love cheap collectors guides! 

i contact again

Standard wall calendar size is , Size Closed: 12.0" x 12.0 "

THIS IS A STEAL FOR $16.66 GUYS. THESE CALENDERS GO FOR +$10

Everyone should buy this guide who is even mildly interested in it. I am friends with the guy who wrote this, so...support a CAGs friend please :)

Everyone should buy this guide who is even mildly interested in it. I am friends with the guy who wrote this, so...support a CAGs friend please :)

Ordered.

Both to help out Saix's friend, and because I love Strategy Guides.

I think I asked you about this once before Saix, but I don't remember the answer. Was your friend Alex Musa? Who also did the Halo 4 guide?

Ordered one.. finally. Its way past my bedtime too. :) now tomorrow when I wake up I will discover these are still on sale or the price went up.. >_> with my luck it may drop further.

Ordered one.. finally. Its way past my bedtime too. :) now tomorrow when I wake up I will discover these are still on sale or the price went up.. >_> with my luck it may drop further.
Well that's the beauty of pre-ordering it now. It goes up and you still pay the price it is now, it goes down and you pay the lowest price between now and release.

Ordered.

Both to help out Saix's friend, and because I love Strategy Guides.

I think I asked you about this once before Saix, but I don't remember the answer. Was your friend Alex Musa? Who also did the Halo 4 guide?
Yes it is. He also did the ME3, Sleeping Dogs, Army of Two Devils Cartel, Saints Row 3, Wonderful 101, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS.

Then you should be getting him to score us some promotional copies.
When he has some free time I'll be hopefully sending him the guides I have that he worked on for him to sign. I try not to ask him too much about the back end stuff due to not wanting him to get in trouble nor overstep my bounds.

Plus, as far as I understand it he is a contracted employee, not a "real" employee. Not sure of the details, but that's the gist of it. So I doubt he has much pull to get stuff, plus if he can I get dibs, but I have yet to ask about that at all.

I got to know him through Prima Games themselves when I did some contribution work on their website, nothing major, but it was an awesome experience. Got two games and a free Skyrim Legendary Edition CE guide out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you know what, I just bought myself a Wii U and have the game pre-ordered, and my 5 yr. old nephew is a budding gamer (we're currently playing Lego Marvel, spoiler: he loves it, and so do I ). I have no use for a strategy guide for a Mario game personally, but seeing how 3D World will be his first experience with a Mario game, i'll be happy to drop $17 on a hardcover guide that has nice, colorful artwork (i'm assuming it's nice, but come on it's Mario!) and a bonus calendar for his bedroom! The fact that it's written by a fellow CAG's buddy is the cherry on top. Sweet deal! Thanks OP.

It's Prima so don't expect this to come out until early 2014 lol.

I preordered it anyway.
Thank goodness there's no f'in DLC codes that come with it. They would be labeled as "Available Today!" but you wouldn't actually be able to redeem them until a week later.

Maybe it will get your nephew interested in reading.
My son would sit and read these guides for hours...still does.
It certainly would be a great way for a young child to get into reading, by picking up a book about something fun, like video games. Hopefully it would lead to reading other things.

And Saix, tell your friend he is doing some nice work. I own most of those guides, and they are all very good.

Maybe it will get your nephew interested in reading.
My son would sit and read these guides for hours...still does.
It certainly would be a great way for a young child to get into reading, by picking up a book about something fun, like video games. Hopefully it would lead to reading other things.

And Saix, tell your friend he is doing some nice work. I own most of those guides, and they are all very good.
I have a feeling he's on the right track for that (thankfully). He will sit with the Ni No Kuni guide while I'm playing and look up the enemies that I run into. He also likes to study the maps, I'll show him where the one is for the current area we're in and he loves to point out where things are in relation to the screen. It's quite amazing I must say, and I'm happy we share an interest in games. I'm sure he will love the Mario guide!

I have a feeling he's on the right track for that (thankfully). He will sit with the Ni No Kuni guide while I'm playing and look up the enemies that I run into. He also likes to study the maps, I'll show him where the one is for the current area we're in and he loves to point out where things are in relation to the screen. It's quite amazing I must say, and I'm happy we share an interest in games. I'm sure he will love the Mario guide!
i like ur son

is it your real friend or a "internet friend"?
I don't know him face to face, but we talk often when he isn't busy. Played some Halo 4 and he gave me feedback on my articles for Prima. I never said he and I are bffs or anything close to that, but I consider him my friend yes.

512162l1uGL.jpg
81n3xYmyXAL.jpg
814Lh%2BjX-ZL.jpg

I don't know him face to face, but we talk often when he isn't busy. Played some Halo 4 and he gave me feedback on my articles for Prima. I never said he and I are bffs or anything close to that, but I consider him my friend yes.
Oh shit, you guys played Halo 4 together? That's a bond that can never be broken.

My guide actually showed up today, packed with a couple of other items that we had ordered.
Nice looking book, my son has been checking it out for most of the afternoon.

Gave the game a try last night too. Meh, everyone else liked it, but I just can't get into Mario games. It's pretty much the same thing as all the other ones, only you can get cat suits in this one.

bread's done
Back