Amazon-Take $10 of any $50+ item if you have the STORE CARD -Works with COD Black Ops

TheBigmac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
First Things first, for those in doubt, the amazon Store Card is NOT the Amazon Chase visa credit card. The Store card is simply a line of credit with amazon and can only be used at amazon.com.

I didn't have the store card, and it took me 60 seconds to get approved. Once with the card in my account, I canceled my Black Ops pre-order and re-ordered immediately using coupon SCTENOFF

So for those who have the store card, (or for those willing to apply for it - you get instant approval if your credit is OK), you can cancel your Black ops pre-order and re-order immediately and the final order will look like this:

------------------------------
Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Points applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00

Total Before Tax: $49.99

------------------------------

You still get the $20 amazon credit after the order ships.

Link to apply for the Store Card for those who want it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcar...55toyob&plattr=1YPSAC&ad=02AG&imp=62069941191

The coupon for the $10 off is SCTENOFF

I know many people don't like the idea of applying for a card just to save $10 off a game but I honestly don't care and to make it even better, I paid with an amazon gift card so I'm not even paying interest on this. (The store card was still selected as payment method so the coupon would be activated but after the gift card my total read zero). So after all discounts I'm getting Black Ops for $27.50 (I got an extra 5% off, for purchasing amazon gift cards prior to 10/31).

Happy canceling and re-ordering. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I went through the process and it said it would take a few days to get me approved...and nothing in my inbox....[/QUOTE]

same here. i wouldn't use it anyway because of the extremely high interest rate, but i'd be glad to get 10$ off a game. thanks OP.

If you guys are going to apply for a credit card, why not just do Amazon's VISA card and then you get $30 off your purchase? A hard pull is a hard pull, right?

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Have one already but I don't want to lose the $54 price I've got locked in. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Why not? If you lose the $54 price, the price will be back to $59 for you, and with the coupon, $49. You'll be saving 5 bucks.

[quote name='TheBigmac']Why not? If you lose the $54 price, the price will be back to $59 for you, and with the coupon, $49. You'll be saving 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there's something else he'd like to use his coupon on, since he already has a discount on Black Ops

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Does this Store Card has any type of fee that I have to pay for?[/QUOTE]

Nope. No annual fee. The interest rate is high. $24% Annual. But if you pay in full, (that's what i did) no interest.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I went through the process and it said it would take a few days to get me approved...and nothing in my inbox....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='twztid13']same here. i wouldn't use it anyway because of the extremely high interest rate, but i'd be glad to get 10$ off a game. thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like you were denied.

[quote name='maxgeek']Its not worth it for only $10.[/QUOTE]

i agree. this is like opening store card accounts at department stores for cheesy teasers like 10% off for today only.

i rather have less credit accounts opened that are not used. doesn't it impact your credit score also if you don't have a balance/use it regularly?

the more credit cards you have, the lower your credit score (which could possibly be due to non-use). I don't know why everyone's hyping over this when the visa offers $30 off an order. This is an extremely meh deal to me.

I applied for one of these like 5-10 years ago but I don't think I've used it once (this was when I was young and wasn't so cognizant of credit). I should probably take advantage of this if the store card is still valid.

[quote name='Darknuke']the more credit cards you have, the lower your credit score (which could possibly be due to non-use). I don't know why everyone's hyping over this when the visa offers $30 off an order. This is an extremely meh deal to me.[/QUOTE]

This is in no way a deal. Applying for a line of credit to get $10 off a game is completely moronic and may cost you way more than $10 down the road, especially if you are trying to finance things like a car or a home.

Just FYI I've had upwards of 12 cards and my credit score is around ~780. Having a bunch of cards in itself isn't going to kill your credit score, it could actually improve it if you spread purchases around (i.e. not racking up a high balance on just one or two). Being responsible with your cards is what impacts your credit score over a long period of time.

Yeah not that great. I have no credit. Never used a credit card in my life other than my debit, which I have never ever spent more than I had in it. The only time I would have a credit card would be for emergency purposes where I didn't have enough funds to get home ect... I've tried for the $30.00 off, but since I have no credit, it rejected me. I would pay it off immediately so it would be like them handing me money.

I think this deal might be dead. I tried to this on current games and pre-orders and it keeps on telling me there is a problem and won't apply it.

I thought the general critical consensus was the CoD: Black Ops kinda sucked, yet I keep seeing people getting excited over deals. Is the MP really good or something?

[quote name='S_DOG34']I thought the general critical consensus was the CoD: Black Ops kinda sucked, yet I keep seeing people getting excited over deals. Is the MP really good or something?[/QUOTE]

The game isn't even out....

[quote name='OGHowie']The game isn't even out....[/QUOTE]

Doh! Never mind - I was thinking of the MoH game.

Ignore the idiot in the corner...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just FYI I've had upwards of 12 cards and my credit score is around ~780. Having a bunch of cards in itself isn't going to kill your credit score, it could actually improve it if you spread purchases around (i.e. not racking up a high balance on just one or two). Being responsible with your cards is what impacts your credit score over a long period of time.[/QUOTE]

True, but excessive inquiries during a 1-2 year period and carrying balances over a certain percentage of your total credit line over all cards will lower your score. I'm guessing you don't use all your cards and didn't apply for all of them or even several of them within the last three years when the economy tanked and banks and credit card companies really reigned in credit.

Thank you OP. I already have an Amazon card. The discount worked perfectly. It took $10 off of Assasin's Creed Brotherhood. I used the discount in combination with a $20 gaming credit/gift card (whatever they are now). The total came to $29.99.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Thank you OP. I already have an Amazon card. The discount worked perfectly. It took $10 off of Assasin's Creed Brotherhood. I used the discount in combination with a $20 gaming credit/gift card (whatever they are now). The total came to $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if I cancel my AC:B preorder with a $20 game credit from Halo Reach, if that credit will get refunded into my account automatically? I'd like to reorder and take advantage of this deal.

I don't know what my problem is, I cannot get this promo code to work. Only thing I could think of is I have the student account with the free prime for a year.

[quote name='Cephiros']I don't know what my problem is, I cannot get this promo code to work. Only thing I could think of is I have the student account with the free prime for a year.[/QUOTE]

It could be a third party vendor and not Amazon? Or it is fulfilled by Amazon, but not an actual Amazon item?

I don't know if I am going to be interested in it, but I had Portal 2 in my Gold Box today so seeing that game is already $5 off, plus gold box plus $10 coupon, I pre-ordered it for $42.24.

[quote name='OGHowie']Does anyone know if I cancel my AC:B preorder with a $20 game credit from Halo Reach, if that credit will get refunded into my account automatically? I'd like to reorder and take advantage of this deal.[/QUOTE]

My original preorder also had a Halo Reach credit applied. I cancelled it. I then preordered it again and the Halo credit was automatically applied. I then entered the code for the discount. It worked perfectly. Plus, I received a $15 gc.

[quote name='ebay33']It could be a third party vendor and not Amazon? Or it is fulfilled by Amazon, but not an actual Amazon item?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood which should be fulfilled by Amazon and it is going to have release day delivery. Also, I tried this on other various items sold by Amazon and it's a no go.

Any date this is good until? I'm waiting until after I get my $20 credit for Black Ops to use this for NFS: Hot Pursuit. I locked in a lower price (not to mention the PS3 Hardened is also OOS now) so I don't want to cancel that and re-order. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday next week when I get my credit I can still use this.

I ordered COD:BO a while ago when it was $55 plus the laser cell and $20 credit. I'll email and see if I can get the deal since I already have a store card.

Made a mock order and it took $10 off. I am assuming this works once per store card and the only thing I want to buy form amazon in the near term is COD so they better apply this to my order.

WTF? I already have an Amazon store card (took advantage of their no-interest financing when I bought my TV), so I tried to use this to order Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and I get the message:

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

At first I thought it was because I was trying to use my $20 credit from Fable III as well, which was taking it below the $50 minimum, but I tried taking that credit off of the order and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Tried it for Fallout: New Vegas as well, figuring maybe it doesn't like the pre-order. Doesn't work for that either. Is this deal dead?

Just to be sure, for all the people who are saying the coupon doesn't work

Are you sure you have a store card as opposed to the Amazon Visa? There is a difference between the two.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Just to be sure, for all the people who are saying the coupon doesn't work

Are you sure you have a store card as opposed to the Amazon Visa? There is a difference between the two.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I definitely have a store card.

Yes, I have Amazon Store card and Amazon Chase visa on my account. I know I read it correctly and I know I have the store credit card. Oh well, I guess it's only $10.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']This should take care of your McDonald's cravings...hopefully forever.

It's why I only eat burgers/fries homemade, at In & Out, or good restaurants exclusively. Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o[/QUOTE]

Listen to The Skeptics Guide to the Universe, episode 274, starting at about 27 minutes into the show...
http://www.theskepticsguide.org/archive/podcast.aspx?mid=1
I'm not saying that McD's food is "good for you" but it's no worse than the other fast food options.

[quote name='Cephiros']Yes, I have Amazon Store card and Amazon Chase visa on my account. I know I read it correctly and I know I have the store credit card. Oh well, I guess it's only $10.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, it's only $10, but it (along with my $20 Fable III credit) would be the difference between me pre-ordering AC:B now, or waiting for the inevitable Ubisoft price drop (hell, I'll bet we see it at $39.99 somewhere on Black Friday). If Amazon's not going to let me use the coupon, they lose!

Coupon not working for me as well,could it be because im using my $20 fable 2 credit so its dropping the game price to $39.99 before coupon?

Edit: Nope thats not it because I took the credit off and still not taking $10 off, also I have my store card set as the payment method.

Thanks a lot OP. I have an Amazon store card, so I just canceled my DDR PS3 preorder, then applied the credit when I re-ordered it. Brought it down to $57.99, so I'm VERY happy. :D

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks a lot OP. I have an Amazon store card, so I just canceled my DDR PS3 preorder, then applied the credit when I re-ordered it. Brought it down to $57.99, so I'm VERY happy. :D[/QUOTE]

You used it just now, and it worked? WTF?

[quote name='arcane93']You used it just now, and it worked? WTF?[/QUOTE]My Amazon store card is already set as my default payment. I've had the card for a while now. I just applied the promotion and it worked. Only tried once though.

[quote name='Cephiros']Yes, I have Amazon Store card and Amazon Chase visa on my account. I know I read it correctly and I know I have the store credit card. Oh well, I guess it's only $10.[/QUOTE]Do you find it worth it owning both cards? I need my own VISA (have a shared one right now), and the one I'm thinking about is the Amazon one. Last VISA I applied for denied me, but I've built up more credit since then and I buy a LOT from Amazon.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']My Amazon store card is already set as my default payment. I've had the card for a while now. I just applied the promotion and it worked. Only tried once though.[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's just messed up. I don't want DDR, but I just tried it to see what would happen, since it worked for you. Same message:

WTF, Amazon?

[quote name='arcane93']Ok, that's just messed up. I don't want DDR, but I just tried it to see what would happen, since it worked for you. Same message:

WTF, Amazon?[/QUOTE]Did you ever use the promotion before? Do you have Amazon store card selected as your payment?

I used the code on CoD yesterday morning. Then tried it last night on a LCD tv but it wouldn't accept the coupon. So it must only work once per card.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Did you ever use the promotion before? Do you have Amazon store card selected as your payment?[/QUOTE]

No, I've not used it before, and yes, the Amazon store card is selected as my payment method. I'm not that dumb. ;)

bread's done
Back