[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

The collectors edition came from amazon, packed fine and no dmg to the outside. But i opened up the figures and emils hair doodad was broken off in the plastic :( Worth complaining to amazon? Doubt it was there fault and theres little chance of getting a replacement at this point

The collectors edition came from amazon, packed fine and no dmg to the outside. But i opened up the figures and emils hair doodad was broken off in the plastic :( Worth complaining to amazon? Doubt it was there fault and theres little chance of getting a replacement at this point
Probably give you partial refund which is usually 33%. That or a full refund if you return it. I wouldn't hassle Amazon for these type of tiny problems though.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, the figure being broken isnt a "tiny" problem. I dont have any problem super gluing the thing on, but im certainly disappointed it came that way.

To me, the figure being broken isnt a "tiny" problem. I dont have any problem super gluing the thing on, but im certainly disappointed it came that way.
You got broken merchandise, that's definitely worth complaining about. At the very least you should get some money back, if there's no replacement.

Yay, got a confirmation message on shipping from Namco. Much better than having to wait almost a week last time I ordered and getting canceled :]

I received shipping confirmation from Namco too. Ordered yesterday pretty late in the day.

Always get a laugh out of these forums.

Preorder goes up, limited and numbered:  "MSRP NOT A DEAL!"

Item near or on release date:  "What! I CANT FIND THIS ANYWHERE! SCREWED!"

Item Out Of Stock: "How dare it really be limited when it said limited!"

Item comes back in stock within a day or week of release: "WTF REPRINT! _______ SCREWED US OVER".

This ends my summary :p

Preorder goes up, limited and numbered: "MSRP NOT A DEAL!"

Item near or on release date: "What! I CANT FIND THIS ANYWHERE! SCREWED!"

Item comes back in stock within a day or week of release: "WTF REPRINT! _______ SCREWED US OVER".

Look at the BD CE, those all got smashed up and were very limited quantity. Some sold as high as $200 on ebay.

There are elements of these, you forgot the resellers part though. But that's what happens when people are passionate about things like this, nothing wrong with that element anyway.

yeah you forgot resellers and scalpers buying up all the stock meanwhile they wait until its sold out before they decde they want one.

HAHA. I find it funny too. I also saw the part about the limited number inprinted and the non printed number made being worthless or not being worth $99 at all comment too. I'm just glad I got one. The contents in the inside of the packaging is what matters to me. But yeah, you can't please everyone. and consumers are always thinking they are over privileged

Thank you lord jesus christ for giving me common sense and cancelling my amazon preorder. Thou art my name in heaven thou etc etc

As long as they don't reprint them or change the contents then I'm good. I rather not have the CE at all if they did either of the things I said. It is very strange. Namco claiming very limit supplies advertising 15000 yet it's still readily available...
There aren't a lot of people who would want to pay or are willing to pay $99.99+ for a video game. Let alone a video game they possibly already own or played. Also, Tales games are not exactly best sellers in the U.S.

Namco just shipped mine too and it's coming monday. Guess I can cancel my Amazon order. Rather have it from Namco anyway since it'll likely be a lower number...

Dang just realize that I have 17 games(12 packages) coming Monday!

Got my copy along with the ToX CE and here are my two cents on the overall packaging. I have never had an issue with Digital River when ordering other things, and overall I am pleased with everything except for one thing. I received two boxes, one for each item, and neither of them had any packing material in them whatsoever. The ToX box was not damaged at all. My ToS CE had veeeeeery minor damage. A corner of the box is slightly crushed, not much, and the outer shell is slightly cracked in that corner as well. Everything inside the packages were undamaged. Overall, it's not terrible and I don't regret my purchase, but for those wanting their copy to be in pristine condition (I don't blame you), I suggest going with Amazon if you can.

We think they are left overs. Most likely they are because these would have to come over on the slow boat if they were made overseas and that typically takes 2 months for standard container shipments.

Namco just shipped mine too and it's coming monday. Guess I can cancel my Amazon order. Rather have it from Namco anyway since it'll likely be a lower number...

Dang just realize that I have 17 games(12 packages) coming Monday!
Probably will be a small number. Mine was 692. It seems like Namco likes to hold on to the lower numbers. If you read the front page where they were advertising the Tales of Xillia CE restock, you'd notice that they said all of the copies were numbered 500 or lower.

Probably will be a small number. Mine was 692. It seems like Namco likes to hold on to the lower numbers. If you read the front page where they were advertising the Tales of Xillia CE restock, you'd notice that they said all of the copies were numbered 500 or lower.
How much Xillia CE were made all together and those were numbered? Didn't know that and have it.

How much Xillia CE were made all together and those were numbered? Didn't know that and have it.
Honestly, I searched far and wide to find out how much Xillia CE were produced and I cannot find a definite number. At least 24,000 I believe, but that is as much as I know. The numbering is pretty cheap; the number is displayed on a piece of tape that seals the box holding the Milla statue. Unlike the ToS CE, it does not display what number it is out of. There is no number on the box or statue itself. This means you won't know what number you even have unless you open the CE *gasp*! Judging by eBay prices though, it seems enough were made to keep it at its original asking price.

I hate the Bandai website.  I never even received an order confirmation in my e-mail, but I can check the order status on the order status page with the order number/password. 

What a mess.  Assuming the fact that the invoice says "Boxed Shipment" and the order status has a new line (with no link to tracking.... how stupid) says "Quantity Shipped: 1" means it was shipped out. Would have been nice to have been notified... or sent tracking info

I don't know what to do with this 2nd one I got. I don't know if I should just return it to amazon or see if someone would trade a songbird edition of bioshock for it. Hmmm.

Amazon cancelled my CE as expected. Doesn't matter much to me since namco shipped my other order out  and i rather have a lower number but sheesh. Left it there just to see what would happen. Did Amazon cancelled anyone elses?

I put an order in on the 3rd when the item was OOS. Still haven't received an email other than order received. Just waiting it out really hope I get one.

I put an order in on the 3rd when the item was OOS. Still haven't received an email other than order received. Just waiting it out really hope I get one.
Yeah, a lot of my friends did as well and still haven't gotten any email either. They also ordered AFTER(weird) I did. Would complain to amazon but I have the namco shipment coming Tuesday. It worked out.

I put my order in March 3rd around 7:30PM CST and received an estimated delivery email March 6th. It's scheduled for the 11th, but haven't seen a confirmation it has actually been shipped.

Well seem's  won't be getting one and got refunded my money due to Amazon botching prime delivery. Ahh well good luck to those who ordered it. Weird that i pre-ordered it when it was announced and somehow still got screwed out of the darn thing. 

My Namco order actually came in today.  So I cancelled my backordered Amazon order.  I didn't get a chance to pick it up today from my apartment office, so I know where I'll be at before work tomorrow.

Received mine today as well. Great condition and looks good on display. Glad I lucked out on this one, but not going to take any chances on a CE like this again.

Got my preorder from Amazon Friday - 17321/18000. Probably that high because I didn't pay for it until like a day late so I went to the back of the line.

bread's done
Back