Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes. - Indigo_Streetlight
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.
Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/26/2012)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to the paypal shipping--it can be hard to track down (as it's really meant for ebay orders, but you can backdoor into it through this link--and I've used it for years with no issues): https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=y4776w1QC0kM0nPEUNxKtCyiDWsRv6xw4wzyDJY2NSJpbWVRNLTFUjAclBG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d4e181b3aff599f99a338772351021e7d
You know you can just buy shipping right out of your Amazon seller's account. You get the same discount (though you do pay a 7 cent fee for using their version). But to you (and especially the other guy who said he goes across town to pay for shipping at the PO) it is a decent way to go. I actually wasn't aware I could use another method besides the one Amazon provides since there is a button for it right there on the transaction page (and conversely I did not see a way to upload tracking which you would have to do if you use another method). But anyway, we are off topic - this is about trading and not selling. I sell like 1 thing a month on the Amazon marketplace. Usually it is something I completely forgot I listed there like 6 months prior ;). I usually go with eBay when I want to sell quick - it is a little less about the lowest price there and more about reputation and presentation so I figure I have an advantage. And Amazon buyers have unreasonable return expectations compared to those on eBay.

I may look into that.  I was under the impression it was just Amazon's shipping and that was always high as the weight estimates tend to be higher than what my packages are.

I'll give it a gander next time I sell something as it would be easier than manually entering the shipping info into the Paypal shipping site, and thus worthwhile if it's only a few cents more.

I may look into that. I was under the impression it was just Amazon's shipping and that was always high as the weight estimates tend to be higher than what my packages are.

I'll give it a gander next time I sell something as it would be easier than manually entering the shipping info into the Paypal shipping site, and thus worthwhile if it's only a few cents more.
Ignore the estimate - you can put in whatever weight you want just like with PayPal shipping. So yeah, it costs you 7 cents to have it "integrated" with your seller account which, unless you are a volume seller, is probably well worth it.

This is the second one. There was one in early January on DVDs. At that time, they actually try to stop people, by cancelling all the trade-in. This time they didn't.
at least everybody had a chance to return their copies. This time around, most everybody won't be able to. I'm glad I held off. Returned my 2 copies over the weekend.

You know you can just buy shipping right out of your Amazon seller's account. You get the same discount (though you do pay a 7 cent fee for using their version). But to you (and especially the other guy who said he goes across town to pay for shipping at the PO) it is a decent way to go. I actually wasn't aware I could use another method besides the one Amazon provides since there is a button for it right there on the transaction page (and conversely I did not see a way to upload tracking which you would have to do if you use another method). But anyway, we are off topic - this is about trading and not selling. I sell like 1 thing a month on the Amazon marketplace. Usually it is something I completely forgot I listed there like 6 months prior ;). I usually go with eBay when I want to sell quick - it is a little less about the lowest price there and more about reputation and presentation so I figure I have an advantage. And Amazon buyers have unreasonable return expectations compared to those on eBay.
If I do start selling more I'll look into that. But like I said, trades are pretty hassle-free for me, especially since I get free mailers too from my office :D Still, good to have more info!

Well, got my copy of Defiance back, and here's what's in the UPC spot-

Was the upc on a sticker? I never bothered to check. Someone went out of their way to peel it off. Going to have to call Amazon about this now.
Well if they're vandalizing the products as an excuse to reject them that is really, really shady.

Question? Did anyone ever send in that NBA 2K13 limited edition (with the basketball or whatever)? That was a GS->Amazon transfer mentioned a few weeks ago that I almost did myself for the $10 deal (I ended up doing something much smaller and simpler for it instead). I'm just wondering if they took those with no problem though - probably not too many people sent that though.
I sent one in and it got accepted without any problems.

So here's my news.

Emailed customer support.

They said it was rejected due to it being the wrong item...which I stated the numbers matched up and there was no reason it should be rejected when the EAN / UPc match up perfectly.

They also gave me 30$ credit...

That 30 I'm credit is great but leads me to believe in foul play. And they know it hmm

So here's my news.

Emailed customer support.

They said it was rejected due to it being the wrong item...which I stated the numbers matched up and there was no reason it should be rejected when the EAN / UPc match up perfectly.

They also gave me 30$ credit...

That 30 I'm credit is great but leads me to believe in foul play. And they know it hmm
Credit sounds about right. Are you going to do anything else, especially if your UPC stickers were peeled off? Also, they gave you $30 for 1 copy of defiance? I'd be perfectly happy if they gave me $30 per copy. At least I can break even then. =/

Credit sounds about right. Are you going to do anything else? Also, they gave you $30 for 1 copy of defiance? I'd be perfectly happy if they gave me $30 per copy. At least I can break even then. =/
Yes it was 1 copy.

When my copy gets back to me if the UPC is ripped off ill go to a manager because they are destroying the UPC so they don't have to accept it. If its in the same cognition that I sent it in...ill just sell it on eBay. Try and break even.

Yes it was 1 copy.

When my copy gets back to me if the UPC is ripped off ill go to a manager because they are destroying the UPC so they don't have to accept it. If its in the same cognition that I sent it in...ill just sell it on eBay. Try and break even.
With the $30 credit, you'll break even no problem. You can even send it back for the $28 they're offering now for "good" condition.

I had a tough time for removing the pre-owned stickers on some of my game boxes today. They were being stubborn. Is that usually a problem when trading in to Amazon?

Question? Did anyone ever send in that NBA 2K13 limited edition (with the basketball or whatever)? That was a GS->Amazon transfer mentioned a few weeks ago that I almost did myself for the $10 deal (I ended up doing something much smaller and simpler for it instead). I'm just wondering if they took those with no problem though - probably not too many people sent that though.
Oh yeah, got one myself and sent it in, the only issue is that it required a pretty darned big box. If I remember at the time it was $60 with a $75 TiV, still has the $75 TiV except it it not on sale anymore from what I recall.

I am a bit worry about kirby.  It just shipped from best buy but I am not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of the wrong upc again after this defiance thingy.

I am a bit worry about kirby. It just shipped from best buy but I am not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of the wrong upc again after this defiance thingy.
Outer slipcover has a UPC on it, the physical case however might not, but I am not worried if you send it with the slip.
Also this can EASILY be resold, $8 is ridiculously low, and you will not lose any money on it should you choose to flip elsewhere.

i did 2 xbox and 1 PS3 NBA 2k13 LE without problem

i think when we write to AMZ re: Defiance we should all stress the same few things: the UPC were correct, NorAm is doing bait and switch, and while a 3rd party not AMZ is doing the trade in, its not acceptable that AMZ is allowing the 3rd party running shady business practices.

i did 2 xbox and 1 PS3 NBA 2k13 LE without problem

i think when we write to AMZ re: Defiance we should all stress the same few things: the UPC were correct, NorAm is doing bait and switch, and while a 3rd party not AMZ is doing the trade in, its not acceptable that AMZ is allowing the 3rd party running shady business practices.
Agreed. The only way NorAm will understand what they're doing is not acceptable is if Amazon does something about it.

Email sent to CS...now to start praying for a fair solution. :pray:
Good luck! I just got a generic email from the CS rep I spoke with over the phone earlier. Just going to wait until I get my copies back.

noone else got promotion credit ?

1Clx9La.png

Sounds good to me. The more they hear the same complaints, the better our odds. I'll do that when I get mine back.

noone else got promotion credit ?
So maybe we should all ask for this Karmegam fellow, too? Lol. /jk

Honestly, what COULD of happened is they removed the upc sticker, saw no upc tag, and just said wrong edition.
Okay then that doesn't explain why they accepted trade-ins of this game in weeks prior nor will it explain if they accept trade-ins of this game in the future.

Gedemer, that's nice and all, but that CS rep isn't really addressing the fact that "Incorrect UPC" can't be the correct reason for rejection since you verified the UPC before shipping out the item. It's almost like they're throwing promo credit at you in the hopes that you'll forget this ever happened.

I don't mean to sound embittered, but this sounds almost (I stress almost; I know Amazon doesn't usually act like this) as shady as AFS tearing off the Defiance CE UPC stickers and sending the CEs back without them.

^That's nice and all, but that CS rep isn't really addressing the fact that "Incorrect UPC" can't be the correct reason for rejection given that you verified the UPC before shipping out the item. It's almost like they're throwing promo credit at you in the hopes that you'll forget this ever happened.

I don't mean to sound embittered, but this sounds almost (I stress almost) as shady as AFS tearing off the Defiance CE UPC stickers.
That's what I'm thinking. They'd rather pay out $30 in promo credit than the $75 WE are owed. Removing the UPC to say they got the "wrong item" is some screwed up crap and I think they'll get what's coming to them. LIke stated if my sticker is removed fuck 's going down

Okay then that doesn't explain why they accepted trade-ins of this game in weeks prior nor will it explain if they accept trade-ins of this game in the future.
Exactly. It's going to be hilarious if we're able to resubmit the games at the current TiV without any issues. Suddenly, the UPC is the correct UPC. ;)

That's what I'm thinking. They'd rather pay out $30 in promo credit than the $75 WE are owed. Removing the UPC to say they got the "wrong item" is some screwed up crap and I think they'll get what's coming to them. LIke stated if my sticker is removed fuck 's going down
I get what you're saying, but just remember that Amazon isn't entirely to blame here since AFS is a third-party company. Note that I say "isn't entirely to blame"--they definitely share part of the blame.

Well here is where I stand.

I don't trade in a lot of games (about 5-10 a year). I bought the Defiance CE knowing that I was going to open it, look at the art book and statue and give the game a days worth of play and then trade it in.

I have only traded games into Amazon a few times before but I figured this was a lock because I was buying it from Amazon new and then trading it back in like-new.

I didn't ship the game until about 10 days after I had locked in the TIV / purchased it from Amazon. I would have preferred they cancelled all pending trades and then honored those who could verify that they had already sent the item in.

However the next best thing IMO would have been for NorAm to just come out and say they made an error or that they accepted too many copies and they would be sending those they hadn't already processed back (untouched).

I really don't like them using the blanket "UPC Incorrect" claim when we know that isn't the truth. That is like Best Buy or any other retailer saying that they didn't fulfill an order on a price mistake because our CC information wasn't correct when it was obvious they cancelled because the price was too low.

I just would like a little accountability.

However I don't think I'm going to accept any credit for this from Amazon directly---at least I won't be seeking credit. I don't want to be in anymore hot water with them as I value my account and I'm pretty confident I can break even parting this out.

I will send out an e-mail just letting them know I'm disappointed in this situation so they are aware there is a problem.

Well here is what I stand.

I don't trade in a lot of games. I bought the Defiance CE knowing that I was going to open it, look at the art book and statue and give the game a days worth of play and then trade it in.

I have only traded games into Amazon a few times before but figure this was a lock because I was buying it from Amazon new and then trading it back in.

I didn't ship the game until about 10 days after I had locking in the TIV and purchased it from Amazon. I would have preferred they cancelled all pending trades and then honored those who could verify that they had already sent the item in.

However the next best thing IMO would have been for NorAm to just come out and say they made an error or that they accepted to many copies and they would be sending them back.

I really don't like them using the blanket "UPC Incorrect" claim when we know that isn't the truth. That is like Best Buy or any other retailer saying that they didn't fulfill an order on a price mistake because our CC information wasn't correct when it was obvious they cancelled because the price was too low.

I just would like a little accountability.

However I don't think I'm going to accepted any credit for this from Amazon directly. I don't want to be in anymore hot water with them as I value my account and I'm pretty confident I can break even parting this out.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'd rather not get my account flagged for this--not saying this will happen, but it seems like a possibility whenever credit is given out.

Breaking even would be perfectly fine for me, but it seems a little hard from what I see on eBay. After paypal + ebay fees and shipping, you'll probably get $15 for the game (especially if its not sealed anymore), $15 for the DLC, and maybe 10-15 for the statue. Am I missing anything?

Funny thing is this is my first time ever buying a collector's edition of anything.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'd rather not get my account flagged for this--not saying this will happen, but it seems like a possibility whenever credit is given out.

Breaking even would be perfectly fine for me, but it seems a little hard from what I see on eBay. After paypal + ebay fees and shipping, you'll probably get $15 for the game (especially if its not sealed anymore), $15 for the DLC, and maybe 10-15 for the statue. Am I missing anything?

Funny thing is this is my first time ever buying a collector's edition of anything.
Well if we get the games back soon Best Buy has a base TIV of $17 for defiance so with the 50% bump (I think that promotion is still going on) you'd get at least $25 back for the game.

Then you only need to net $25 or so combined for the statue, artbook, DLC and other CE items.

With my luck I won't get my copy back until AFTER best buy nukes the TIV

Well if we get the games back soon Best Buy has a base TIV of $17 for defiance so with the 50% bump (I think that promotion is still going on) you'd get at least $25 back for the game.

Then you only need to net $25 or so combined for the statue, artbook, DLC and other CE items.

With my luck I won't get my copy back until AFTER best buy nukes the TIV
Took me 5 business days to get it to KY. I don't think I'll get it back in time. Paid $57 / a copy and I have 4 of em. lol.

How did you get banned?

I'm always hesitant to contact Amazon so often because I'm afraid they'll ban me :( and I have so much credit, that I do not want to lose it.

The thing that upset me the most, as I describe to amazon the other day,  If you want to reject for wrong upc... fine but don't freaking open a game that is sealed if you are goign to reject it anyway.

How did you get banned?

I'm always hesitant to contact Amazon so often because I'm afraid they'll ban me :( and I have so much credit, that I do not want to lose it.
GBA I thought you got banned from Amazon.
I did. And then I sent an e-mail directly to Jeff Bezos (I can't remember the exact e-mail address but I think it's [email protected] or something like that). Obviously he didn't field the e-mail but someone high up enough did to lift my ban.

I was banned because I used legitimate accounts to bypass the quantity restrictions on items like preorders that they limit 1 per account.

I have a paid prime membership and I put my brother and mother under that umbrella so they'd get free prime shipping. Then a few times a year I used their accounts (again---legitimate) to order more of something. I guess they detected this because I'd use my CC information and my shipping information on their accounts.

Without warning all of those accounts were blocked and all my Instant Video credit and MP3 credit and promotional credit and unused gift card just vanished.

I did. And then I sent an e-mail directly to Jeff Bezos (I can't remember the exact e-mail address but I think it's [email protected] or something like that). Obviously he didn't field the e-mail but someone high up enough did to lift my ban.

I was banned because I used legitimate accounts to bypass the quantity restrictions on items like preorders that they limit 1 per account.

I have a paid prime membership and I put my brother and mother under that umbrella so they'd get free prime shipping. Then a few times a year I used their accounts (again---legitimate) to order more of something. I guess they detected this because I'd use my CC information and my shipping information on their accounts.

Without warning all of those accounts were blocked and all my Instant Video credit and MP3 credit and promotional credit and unused gift card just vanished.
What?!?! That's ridiculous. I have my CC and mailing address on my sister's account, and vice versa. Sometimes we'd send stuff to each other (for convenience of picking it up, depending on where we are...). She has Prime and I don't so for items <$25, I use her account but my CC. We'd better not get banned.

I can see someone getting banned for "losing" expensive items that were shipped to them, but banning for sharing accts is lame.

I've been using my gFs account with my credit card to ship to my apartment for the past year. I have not heard a word from amazon about it.

I'm also not worried *knocks on wood*

And you can most likely sell the DLC for about $15 on eBay and then trade the game in at BB for $25.

Then part out the artbook and statue.

I'll be happy to get $40 for the whole set...which would be good since they gave me that credit :/ (still doesnt make it right!)

And you can most likely sell the DLC for about $15 on eBay and then trade the game in at BB for $25.

Then part out the artbook and statue.

I'll be happy to get $40 for the whole set...which would be good since they gave me that credit :/ (still doesnt make it right!)
That sounds about right if BB still has the promo going on by the time I get them back. Haha. I'd love to get credit from Amazon so I at least break even, but I'm worried about receiving credit for 4 copies of the game. =/

That sounds about right if BB still has the promo going on by the time I get them back. Haha. I'd love to get credit from Amazon so I at least break even, but I'm worried about receiving credit for 4 copies of the game. =/
I doubt they would give credit for 4 copies.

Most likely, if I was you I'd make 2 separate calls. One per account and hope they give you 30 per account. I dont think the credit was given for the game itself but for the "inconvenience" -.-

I've been getting weird stuff from people lately. I call Microsoft the other day about something wrong with the online store and they gave me 1600MSP too o_O

They just knew it was my bday friday :D

I doubt they would give credit for 4 copies.

Most likely, if I was you I'd make 2 separate calls. One per account and hope they give you 30 per account. I dont think the credit was given for the game itself but for the "inconvenience" -.-

I've been getting weird stuff from people lately. I call Microsoft the other day about something wrong with the online store and they gave me 1600MSP too o_O
I only have one account. Depending on the condition of the copies, I was just going to send an email and hope for the best. The phone rep I spoke with wasn't helpful, but did suggest sending it back in and calling to get the price adjusted if my copies were accepted at the lower TiV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back