Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes. - Indigo_Streetlight
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.
Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/26/2012)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NiiNJA']me too, i'm still running off credit i received from that lol :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

LUCKY. I just used it all on college textbooks :cry:

[quote name='handsomepete']lock now, then if the tiv maintains cancel/relock later to buy more time if needed.[/QUOTE]
i just got the controllers in the mail should i open them before i send them in?

[quote name='gamererik']i just got the controllers in the mail should i open them before i send them in?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother personally. They've never been sticklers about stuff like that.

[quote name='handsomepete']I wouldn't bother personally. They've never been sticklers about stuff like that.[/QUOTE]
alright thanks again

yeah im still kicking myself for not trading 9 gamecube games in for $270 total til the last day i talked myself into it and they all went downhill, lol. I see cubivore is still 30 and gotcha force is still 15, but i just cant get myself to pull my collection apart. and even today trading at bestbuy i lost $4 on ac3 by waiting 1 day. proves you snooze you lose.
/sorry for derailing thread.

dude tmi but she started her period today after not having one for 10 months. i was like hell yeah no babies. she's drnkn beer and taking midols ;). after that we already have the depo needle at my house ready to poke her when she is done next week. then im good for like 3 months. yeah i got a bit too baby crazy. that last one was a surprise baby, but i told her i gotta get serious and clear out my backlog. lol. peace man.

i cant believe my only boy Link Dragon! is gonna be 2 in 2 days. (1/10/11) binary bday ;)
it's like wow, time flies so fast. i remember chilln playn chrono trigger n starcraft n counterstike just yesterday.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah im still kicking myself for not trading 9 gamecube games in for $270 total til the last day i talked myself into it and they all went downhill, lol. I see cubivore is still 30 and gotcha force is still 15, but i just cant get myself to pull my collection apart. and even today trading at bestbuy i lost $4 on ac3 by waiting 1 day. proves you snooze you lose.
/sorry for derailing thread.[/QUOTE]

gotcha force and cubivore always pop back up to $30 if you wait long enough (like Wind Waker and various Horse Adventure games). Usually you're better off tossing stuff like that on ebay if you're willing to deal with the relative hassle.

my ac3 trade in transaction status became 'expired' before it even got processed, wtf?
it was scheduled to arrive today but now theres not even a track your packages button to click. weakkkk.

[quote name='technicalstylez']my ac3 trade in transaction status became 'expired' before it even got processed, wtf?
it was scheduled to arrive today but now theres not even a track your packages button to click. weakkkk.[/QUOTE]

well, was it late?

If that was from the gamespot promo bonus (where it was like $38) that was about 24-25 days ago, so that's no big surprise. If not, well, that sucks.

nah i shipped it on time. i had tracking info for it up til yesterday. the weird part is amz tracking only showed 2 histories for the week and a half or so. idunno, gonna talk to cs

[quote name='confoosious']well, was it late?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']nah i shipped it on time. i had tracking info for it up til yesterday. the weird part is amz tracking only showed 2 histories for the week and a half or so. idunno, gonna talk to cs[/QUOTE]

yea right, UPS would not take more then 10 days to deliver you item, unless you are mailing your games from Afghanistan, with IEDs blowing up roads delaying transit

Amazon takes at least 2-3 days to process a item once it is received, so obviously you really dropped your item with UPS around the 16-17th day after you had locked your trade

amz tracking only showed my drop off and time of departure from local ups warehouse. when i tracked it on ups site it showed the full histories. just talked to cs, it was processed today. nice try newb. know your role.

[quote name='technicalstylez']amz tracking only showed my drop off and time of departure from local ups warehouse. when i tracked it on ups site it showed the full histories. just talked to cs, it was processed today. nice try newb. know your role.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Why don't you post the UPS tracking number then, I can fully bet you did not ship this item within 7 days of locking that trade in... Your item had to have shown movement on DEC 22th..

Yea the item was process to be SENT BACK TO YOU

toystory3popcorn.gif

There was a shipping issue with my game that I sent out on the last day (7th day) but the UPS had already been there, so it didn't go out until the following Monday (24th I believe). Then they had an issue with a delay somewhere along the route, so it wasn't processed until the 3rd. That was coming from Florida, though, but mine made it there with 6 days to spare being sent out the last day.

There were definitely delays, though. Between the holidays and along the route for some reason.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']yea right, UPS would not take more then 10 days to deliver you item, unless you are mailing your games from Afghanistan, with IEDs blowing up roads delaying transit

Amazon takes at least 2-3 days to process a item once it is received, so obviously you really dropped your item with UPS around the 16-17th day after you had locked your trade[/QUOTE]

I have three packages that I sent out on the 28th that still havent gotten there. I have one that arrive thursday and still hasnt gone into processing.

this. im in so cal and sent it to the east coast. figure in xmas and new yrs delays/time off and it should make sense.
post my tracking number.. :roll:

[quote name='Foladar']There was a shipping issue with my game that I sent out on the last day (7th day) but the UPS had already been there, so it didn't go out until the following Monday (24th I believe). Then they had an issue with a delay somewhere along the route, so it wasn't processed until the 3rd. That was coming from Florida, though, but mine made it there with 6 days to spare being sent out the last day.

There were definitely delays, though. Between the holidays and along the route for some reason.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']
post my tracking number.. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm betting its more you going to be proven you are a liar that you ship this item out on time

So :roll: .....all you want :booty:

and if you been shipping stuff to trade in before you obviously know the days it takes for the item to reach the factory, and yet you continue to ship the item without planning ahead...

Most people learn from previous experiences... how about you...?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQL9VC/

This has got to be one of the stranger items available for trade in. I wonder if the servers for the game are even still running.

They accepted The Hobbit for XBox today. I thought for sure it would be rejected since it was never worth the $104 used price sellers on Amazon were asking for the game when the trade in value was $30.

Hey all, I NEVER have traded in to amazon before and would like some guidance. I have a bunch of old DVDs that seem to be worth a decent amount in trade in credit. In total around 40 or so.

Is it best if I trade them in all at one time or in smaller groups of 2-3? And if I do it as one trade in, am I obligated to use my own packaging and then one giant box?

Also, some of the items are listed several times, with the same stock photo and even same UPC, yet show two different values. What gives?

You have to use your own packaging no matter how many you send in. So that may help decide whether to split it up or not (ie, how many/what size bozes you might have laying around).

Personally, I always like splitting stuff up but not in groups of 2 or 3. I usually send in 5 or 6 max in one submission. But you could certainly send them all in one big box too.

As for the multiple listings with same UPC I have never seen that before. If the UPCs are truly the same, then I guess just use the one with the highest value. I'd also screen capture it just in case.

As for UPS shipping delays recently, they are running a little slow. It took 11 days for my King Kong to get delivered. And Amazon still hasn't acknowledged that. So things are slow on their end as well.

[quote name='io']You have to use your own packaging no matter how many you send in. So that may help decide whether to split it up or not (ie, how many/what size bozes you might have laying around).

Personally, I always like splitting stuff up but not in groups of 2 or 3. I usually send in 5 or 6 max in one submission. But you could certainly send them all in one big box too.

As for the multiple listings with same UPC I have never seen that before. If the UPCs are truly the same, then I guess just use the one with the highest value. I'd also screen capture it just in case.[/QUOTE]

Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Poohs-Heffalu...UTF8&qid=1357773323&sr=8-6&keywords=heffalump

and

http://www.amazon.com/Poohs-Heffalu...UTF8&qid=1357773323&sr=8-1&keywords=heffalump

The first trades in for around $16. The photos are the same, and the rear photo shows the same UPC.

[quote name='Romeo']Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Poohs-Heffalu...UTF8&qid=1357773323&sr=8-6&keywords=heffalump

and

http://www.amazon.com/Poohs-Heffalu...UTF8&qid=1357773323&sr=8-1&keywords=heffalump

The first trades in for around $16. The photos are the same, and the rear photo shows the same UPC.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but you need to be careful going by the stock photo as I believe those can be put in there by anyone. Which version does the actual UPC bring up when you enter it in Amazon's search entry?

Never mind - did it myself. The $5.90 one comes up when you do that. So that might be a little tricky.

[quote name='io']Ah, but you need to be careful going by the stock photo as I believe those can be put in there by anyone. Which version does the actual UPC bring up when you enter it in Amazon's search entry?

Never mind - did it myself. The $5.90 one comes up when you do that. So that might be a little tricky.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I have three DVDs that do that. Of course I'd want the extra $10 but I've never traded anything in before. And my other concern is if I sent in 40 items, if they dispute that one in particular, do they reject the entire trade in or one specific item?

BTW thank you for the help.

[quote name='Romeo']Yeah... I have three DVDs that do that. Of course I'd want the extra $10 but I've never traded anything in before. And my other concern is if I sent in 40 items, if they dispute that one in particular, do they reject the entire trade in or one specific item?[/QUOTE]

They would only dispute the one item. But, yeah, 40 is a bit much for one order. Personally, I'd split that up into at least 4 orders. But like I said before, I'd let your availabilty of packing material/boxes drive that. You want to buy as little as possible to maximize your value.

You could always try locking it at the higher value and just see what happens - prepare to have those particular ones rejected, though. At that point you might be able to contact Amazon CS and get credit for them. That's why I said to screen cap the trade-in page.

[quote name='io']They would only dispute the one item. But, yeah, 40 is a bit much for one order. Personally, I'd split that up into at least 4 orders. But like I said before, I'd let your availabilty of packing material/boxes drive that. You want to buy as little as possible to maximize your value.

You could always try locking it at the higher value and just see what happens - prepare to have those particular ones rejected, though. At that point you might be able to contact Amazon CS and get credit for them. That's why I said to screen cap the trade-in page.[/QUOTE]

Will do and thank you again! I have access to any type of box so that really isn't an issue. I was considering maybe a split of two orders, we'll see.

Is it best to just go by UPC only or should I try title and UPC to find multiple matches like the Heffalump one?

UPC always when possible - assume the folks at noram are just scanning the barcode without even looking at the dvd and if it doesn't match what you told them you were sending they reject it immediately.

[quote name='Romeo']Hey all, I NEVER have traded in to amazon before and would like some guidance. I have a bunch of old DVDs that seem to be worth a decent amount in trade in credit. In total around 40 or so.

Is it best if I trade them in all at one time or in smaller groups of 2-3? And if I do it as one trade in, am I obligated to use my own packaging and then one giant box?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what kind of packaging you've got lying around. If you have a big enough box, there's no issue with trading in 40 at one time. I've traded in groups of 10-20 twice over the last month with no problem. I also think this is a good time in general to be trading in. Since they've moved out of NH things have been quicker and I've had less issues lately than right before they moved. Good luck!

[quote name='LouieT']A first for me: I got credit on a game I sent it, and the tracker on both Amazon and UPS says it left California this morning. It usually takes 3 to 5 days to send games to them from California.

It also got upgraded to good from acceptable, even though it was card-only. The game was Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation from the white Vita bundle.

:?::?::?:[/QUOTE]

update on this:
I got the credit on January 3.
The game finally arrived there yesterday, January 9.

Now I'm wondering if they gave me credit from someone else's trade-in.

My King Kong got downgraded to acceptable at $16 instead of $20. This is the first time I ever locked in anything with the downgrade option because it wasn't too much of a difference (usually it seems like it is $20 for good and $4 for acceptable or something). The game was in pretty good shape - complete and only slightly scuffed. But whatever...

I really don't understand how they determine what is good and what is acceptable. I have sent in XBox and Gamecube games in a generic black DVD case with no manual and a scratched up disc and had it upgraded from acceptable to good, then I read about games in way better condition and complete being downgraded.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I really don't understand how they determine what is good and what is acceptable. I have sent in XBox and Gamecube games in a generic black DVD case with no manual and a scratched up disc and had it upgraded from acceptable to good, then I read about games in way better condition and complete being downgraded.[/QUOTE]

Hah - I've never even tried to send them anything in that sort of condition. I figured that would result in automatic rejection (skipping even the downgrade).

[quote name='confoosious']wooohoo just got credit for the Black Ops controller I had laying around.

Thanks to that OP![/QUOTE]

What kind of TiV did you end up getting for them? Back before X-Mas, I noticed the outrageous, inflated 3rd party prices that these were listed at, and, almost half-jokingly, listed one PS3 and one 360 version that I got for $10 from BB awhile ago. Lo and behold, they sold relatively quickly for $70-80/ea!

[quote name='io']My King Kong got downgraded to acceptable at $16 instead of $20. This is the first time I ever locked in anything with the downgrade option because it wasn't too much of a difference (usually it seems like it is $20 for good and $4 for acceptable or something). The game was in pretty good shape - complete and only slightly scuffed. But whatever...[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I sent one in disc only and one in a beat up case with no insert because that's all I could find at GS. They downgraded the disc-only but gave me full value for the one with the correct case. It's just random sometimes I guess...

[quote name='esalw822']That sucks. I sent one in disc only and one in a beat up case with no insert because that's all I could find at GS. They downgraded the disc-only but gave me full value for the one with the correct case. It's just random sometimes I guess...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what sucked even more is that the original case was a little beat up and had stickers that I couldn't remove. So I swapped it out for a brand new 360 case. The insert was fine so except for some slight wear on the disc it would have appeared as like new. But hey, it's only $4.

So this is weird.

I just received payment for an Order I never shipped. Nor do I remember ever submitting.

Tracking shows I never sent it. But that they sent something to me.
Order basically says i submitted it and shipped it off while I was away on vacation. So there's no way this is the case

The order pays me like $15 for one game and then the rejected game is Forza 4 for being the incorrect item.

I check my mail and what do you know? It's a package from Noram to me. Open the package there's another packing slip stating the item is supposed to be in the hands of some guy in PA.

And the game they sent me is Forza Horizon.

So Noram just paid me and gave me a free copy of Forza Horizon.

I don't know what to think of this.

[quote name='sgaldis']What kind of TiV did you end up getting for them? Back before X-Mas, I noticed the outrageous, inflated 3rd party prices that these were listed at, and, almost half-jokingly, listed one PS3 and one 360 version that I got for $10 from BB awhile ago. Lo and behold, they sold relatively quickly for $70-80/ea![/QUOTE]

$42. I figured that was enough for me.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']So this is weird.

I just received payment for an Order I never shipped. Nor do I remember ever submitting.

Order basically says i submitted it and shipped it off while I was away on vacation. So there's no way this is the case

The order pays me like $15 for one game and then the rejected game is Forza 4 for being the incorrect item.

I check my mail and what do you know? It's a package from Noram to me. Open the package there's another packing slip stating the item is supposed to be in the hands of some guy in PA.

I don't know what to think of this.[/QUOTE]

bank_error_in_your_favor.jpg

[quote name='io']My King Kong got downgraded to acceptable at $16 instead of $20. This is the first time I ever locked in anything with the downgrade option because it wasn't too much of a difference (usually it seems like it is $20 for good and $4 for acceptable or something). The game was in pretty good shape - complete and only slightly scuffed. But whatever...[/QUOTE]

I got my full $20. Game was mint however.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']So this is weird.

I don't know what to think of this.[/QUOTE]

Your "order" must have been processed by the same person that managed to lose 3 games on 2 different order for me. Currently waiting on Amazon to investigate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back