Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes. - Indigo_Streetlight
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.
Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/26/2012)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone have any luck with the shadow the hedgehog/Sonic mega collection plus?
Mine was just rejected as unacceptable. The Mega Collection was complete, but I only had a disk copy of Shadow. The Mega Collection was free so I bought a complete Shadow to send back in.

I also had my two Tomb Raider CE graded good (they were still sealed with the correct UPC). Rock Revolution was graded acceptable without the accessories.

Open the shipping label for a different trade-in, then replace the trade-in ID in the URL with the one you want.

The trade-in ID starts with TRN; you can find it to the left on your trade-ins page and at the end of the shipping label URL.
Would it also work if you just bookmark that shipping label page?

I just checked the status and it shows that they are returning ALL of them because of "Incorrect UPC"! There is no way that can be right. None of these are even part of any bundles or anything, Everything except Juiced 2 was complete with original cases and manuals. What is going on? Should I just contact customer service?
Was it all in one single trade or a bunch of separate trades in separate packages? Just curious. Sorry your first trade experience is sucking. The analogy to gambling when doing credit moves is very apt. I'm not with the paranoia police about amazon bans if you contact c.s. too much, but I would only do it if it's genuinely unfair and I wouldn't do it too often. Sometimes you're better off just tossing the failed trade items on eBay and calling it a day.

wrt the cutting of UPCs, you guys can't be surprised if they reject them. At least I hope you're not. I'm starting to find the whole practice a little irritating (specifically the 'missing accessory' bundles) because it's manipulative and I see people on the receiving end of stuff like that in the AWD thread and it sucks. But it's up to them to stop it, certainly not me. So carry on.

Help! I sent in 2 trade ins to amazon, the first included the following:

-2x Sega Mega Fun Pack (both Sonic Mega Collection Plus were complete and the Greatest Hits Version, I cut out the UPCs just in case, both Shadow the Hedgehog were disc only but were also Greatest Hits Versions)

-2x Stoked/Facebreaker Combo (cut out UPCs)

-1 Champions of Norrath (disc only)

I marked everything down as Good condition but selected the "Do Not Return Option" because I do not want these games sent back to me. I would have been happy getting acceptable values for them. They finished processing it today and gave me good for 1 of the Stoked/Facebreaker. They rejected everything else because of "Severe Damage"! Now I know the discs weren't perfect and I didn't have the time to test all of them (I don't even have an xbox 360), but I there is no way that all of them ended up being unplayable. Now I am unsure what to do next. I could try to return some to Gamestop but I am past my 7 day window to return used items. Any suggestions? Will they still take the return if I say it's too damaged to play? Should I try to trade them back to amazon again and hope for better results? This is my first time trying to trade in to amazon for a profit and it seems to be blowing up in my face.

Oh yeah, and my 2nd trade in had these games: Wsop 2008 for ps3, 2x Naruto the Broken Bond, 2x Avatar, Raiden Fighter Aces, Kung Fu High Impact, and Juiced 2. All except WSOP 2008 were xbox versions. Again I selected everything as Good condition with the "Do not Return" option. I just checked the status and it shows that they are returning ALL of them because of "Incorrect UPC"! There is no way that can be right. None of these are even part of any bundles or anything, Everything except Juiced 2 was complete with original cases and manuals. What is going on? Should I just contact customer service?
If I were you, I'd contact customer service immediately, and use/make an alt to lock in the remaining high TIVs of the returning games in case anything goes wrong. For them to return each and every game in that one order stinks of something fishy. Maybe you just got an INCREDIBLY stingy grader, or your account's been flagged for something. Either way, I'll be wishing you the best. Please keep us updated.

If I were you, I'd contact customer service immediately, and use/make an alt to lock in the remaining high TIVs of the returning games in case anything goes wrong. For them to return each and every game in that one order stinks of something fishy. Maybe you just got an INCREDIBLY stingy grader, or your account's been flagged for something. Either way, I'll be wishing you the best. Please keep us updated.
As far as I know (please feel free to correct me) we've had no reported incidents of anyone being trade banned with noram/amazon, so I'd assume the former.

Man y'all have me worried my 2 copies of wanted good with box art and 1 copy of fight night only disc got accepted. Still waiting on my bo2 care package to go through that was brand new not used in good condition. All were sent in separate trade ins received same day. I will be pissed if they damage the care package. Last November when I sent in a bo2 disc like new it came back damaged box saying damaged item. Contacted csr and they gave me the acceptable amount for the game and allowed me to keep it.

Juiced 2 was received the day after and my rock revolutions are still in transit.

Help! I sent in 2 trade ins to amazon, the first included the following:

-2x Sega Mega Fun Pack (both Sonic Mega Collection Plus were complete and the Greatest Hits Version, I cut out the UPCs just in case, both Shadow the Hedgehog were disc only but were also Greatest Hits Versions)

-2x Stoked/Facebreaker Combo (cut out UPCs)

-1 Champions of Norrath (disc only)

I marked everything down as Good condition but selected the "Do Not Return Option" because I do not want these games sent back to me. I would have been happy getting acceptable values for them. They finished processing it today and gave me good for 1 of the Stoked/Facebreaker. They rejected everything else because of "Severe Damage"! Now I know the discs weren't perfect and I didn't have the time to test all of them (I don't even have an xbox 360), but I there is no way that all of them ended up being unplayable. Now I am unsure what to do next. I could try to return some to Gamestop but I am past my 7 day window to return used items. Any suggestions? Will they still take the return if I say it's too damaged to play? Should I try to trade them back to amazon again and hope for better results? This is my first time trying to trade in to amazon for a profit and it seems to be blowing up in my face.

Oh yeah, and my 2nd trade in had these games: Wsop 2008 for ps3, 2x Naruto the Broken Bond, 2x Avatar, Raiden Fighter Aces, Kung Fu High Impact, and Juiced 2. All except WSOP 2008 were xbox versions. Again I selected everything as Good condition with the "Do not Return" option. I just checked the status and it shows that they are returning ALL of them because of "Incorrect UPC"! There is no way that can be right. None of these are even part of any bundles or anything, Everything except Juiced 2 was complete with original cases and manuals. What is going on? Should I just contact customer service?
It usually depends on the grader more than anything. More times than not, trades will be successful. I've had my share of rejections if it makes you feel better. For example, one of my MW3 w/ DLC got rejected today and is on it's way to being returned to me while my other MW3 with DLC trade got accepted. They were graded about 2 hours apart :::shrug:::

Figures, saw some copies at a closing Kmart and thought 'I should look that up when-hey look at that other thing!'
I've noticed Kmart will carry some really old titles in their stores. I found a brand new, sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy at a Kmart last year. I was in disbelief.

Good to know.
The copy I found at Gamestop was gutted but had the "New" sticker label on it and my buyer didn't even mind. At the time, it actually rang up for $4.99. Not sure if it would be $30 now if somebody were to stumble across one.

I had half of my trade in sent back saying wrong item, even though I know it is correct. I think they just use that as an excuse to reject items when they are getting too many. Both games were Kung Fu Panda 2 and I had selected "do not return".

I plan to send them back in once they arrive, so it will cost Amazon more in postage than just paying the correct amount would have.

I had half of my trade in sent back saying wrong item, even though I know it is correct. I think they just use that as an excuse to reject items when they are getting too many. Both games were Kung Fu Panda 2 and I had selected "do not return".

I plan to send them back in once they arrive, so it will cost Amazon more in postage than just paying the correct amount would have.
Crap, I have two complete, good condition copies that I'm sending out on Monday. Really shady to make up false denials if they are receiving a surplus of a certain title, if that is what's occurring.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that what Amazon pays for shipping these things could probably be found in my sofa right now.

but you're right, that's generally the catch all 'we don't want it' rejection reason.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that what Amazon pays for shipping these things could probably be found in my sofa right now.

but you're right, that's generally the catch all 'we don't want it' rejection reason.
Yep, when UPS/FedEx probably have vehicles that solely service Amazon warehouses they certainly have a nice deal in place.

I have an original copy of Saints Row for the 360 but I'm afraid to send it in because the Amazon packing slip says "Platinum Hits" on it just like the main page. The UPC for the original and Platinum Hits versions are the same, but the fact that Amazon's listing page has "Platinum Hits" right in the title makes me think they're going to reject it for "wrong item". I printed out the packing slip and everything but I might just keep the game instead to avoid a hassle...

First of all I wanted to say sorry to the CAG who called into the Liberty gamestop asking if they had stoked and facebreaker.  I was in store when you called and I took the only copies they had.  However, if you see this please PM me because I only locked in 1 set and will be returning the other set that doesn't have covers or manuals.

The other news I wanted to post is the following amazon credit I received today-

kung fu panda 2 ps3 - 23.66 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

champion Jockey ps3 - 14.96 (bought new for 9.99) - rated good

dynasty warriors gundam 2 360 - 25.65 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

baja edge of control 360 - 19.68 with case and cover - rated good

rock revolution with drum kit ps3 - 19.58 only disc and black generic case - rated acceptable

the godfather don's edition ps3 - 24.33 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

pending:

2 - tomb raider collectors edition (1 of the 2 had the correct upc) sent them both in without opening either

Now i need advice.  When I read about games being sent in without upc's, how are you all sending those in?  What I mean is do you neatly cut out the upc or do you tear it out making it look accidental?

I picked up 2 copies of guitar hero: world tour (game only) from GS, both were complete with cover art and manual.

One has a UPC: 047875-955271 which is matching against the version on amazon without the guitar kit. Any info how to go about it? Do you guys send it in the green xbox case without the cover art, in a jewel case, or other generic black case or cut out/tear out "accidentally" the UPC portion or any other way?

Second copy has "Not for resale" written in the area where the UPC is. Any info here too?

Thanks.

I have an original copy of Saints Row for the 360 but I'm afraid to send it in because the Amazon packing slip says "Platinum Hits" on it just like the main page. The UPC for the original and Platinum Hits versions are the same, but the fact that Amazon's listing page has "Platinum Hits" right in the title makes me think they're going to reject it for "wrong item". I printed out the packing slip and everything but I might just keep the game instead to avoid a hassle...

I picked up two of the PH versions. Both of the copies I have are grey cases with a PH cover. However, one of the disc inside is not marked like the other. One of the disc has PH stamped on it while the other doesn't. I should be in the clear but I just wanted to post in case you or anyone else found it beneficial to know.

Also, what is the UPC of the copy you have? When you type that in does it pull up the correct listing on amazon? My copies have UPC 752919550021.

Well unless it's a huge hassle to package and drop it off worst that will happen is they send it back. If it's the same UPC that seems to be the primary thing they identify it on and then just check the condition.

Thanks for posting this. I actually picked up this triple pack from GS a few months ago only because the clerk was coverting it to used and it cost less than $5.
Well that's quite the nice pick up then. I found two sets all complete today so gonna take my chances.

First of all I wanted to say sorry to the CAG who called into the Liberty gamestop asking if they had stoked and facebreaker. I was in store when you called and I took the only copies they had. However, if you see this please PM me because I only locked in 1 set and will be returning the other set that doesn't have covers or manuals.

The other news I wanted to post is the following amazon credit I received today-

kung fu panda 2 ps3 - 23.66 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

champion Jockey ps3 - 14.96 (bought new for 9.99) - rated good

dynasty warriors gundam 2 360 - 25.65 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

baja edge of control 360 - 19.68 with case and cover - rated good

rock revolution with drum kit ps3 - 19.58 only disc and black generic case - rated acceptable

the godfather don's edition ps3 - 24.33 with case, cover, and manual - rated good

pending:

2 - tomb raider collectors edition (1 of the 2 had the correct upc) sent them both in without opening either

Now i need advice. When I read about games being sent in without upc's, how are you all sending those in? What I mean is do you neatly cut out the upc or do you tear it out making it look accidental?
Probably was me haha. Going to have to get a different stoked and find a facebreaker. Had my first 2 unacceptables rated yesterday. All of these old Xbox 360 games look like they went through a blender.

And I just cut the UPCs out neatly with a pair of scissors.

I picked up two of the PH versions. Both of the copies I have are grey cases with a PH cover. However, one of the disc inside is not marked like the other. One of the disc has PH stamped on it while the other doesn't. I should be in the clear but I just wanted to post in case you or anyone else found it beneficial to know.

Also, what is the UPC of the copy you have? When you type that in does it pull up the correct listing on amazon? My copies have UPC 752919550021.
Yup, my "original" version has the same UPC you just listed and when I type it into Amazon the Platinum Hits listing comes up.

Well unless it's a huge hassle to package and drop it off worst that will happen is they send it back. If it's the same UPC that seems to be the primary thing they identify it on and then just check the condition.

Yeah, I might just do that. The funny thing is that I actually have two copies of this game - one is a complete normal copy and one is a disc only Platinum hits version with "Platinum Hits" stamped on the disc. I locked in two and might send them both in. Wouldn't really care if I received one back because it can go back into the collection

Tell me I'm not the only one that gets that feeling when they find a complete copy of a game? ;)
In your pants? You're the only one.

Yup, my "original" version has the same UPC you just listed and when I type it into Amazon the Platinum Hits listing comes up.
Very few ever seemed to have gotten a new UPC, usually just stopped printing the original and let it take over.

Probably was me haha. Going to have to get a different stoked and find a facebreaker. Had my first 2 unacceptables rated yesterday. All of these old Xbox 360 games look like they went through a blender.

And I just cut the UPCs out neatly with a pair of scissors.
Yea, I was checking out right after he got off the phone with you and the gamestop rep was like "I just got off the phone with someone asking about these exact two games" I was like "huh" and left it alone.

I was going to take them back to that store but now since you aren't looking for those, in that kind of condition, I will take them back to another store that is more convenient for me.

Yes, all of these games around KC seem to be terrible quality. I have just started doing this and I couldn't believe how poorly these games are taken care of.

Thanks for the advice on the UPC's and I will try to stay out of your territory Jesse Pinkman..... I mean DillionKC

Tell me I'm not the only one that gets that feeling when they find a complete copy of a game? ;)
You are not the only one. Most of the time I scan the shelf and see that generic case, then have to decide whether or not I should buy it anyway. I went into GS last week looking for 2 copies of Fight Night Round 3 and only saw the generic case on the shelf. I asked if they had any other copies behind the counter and he pulled out 2 complete copies. I was way too excited about it.

I'm gonna take a chance on Disney Sing It and Guitar Hero. Also locked in Trivial Pursuit, Saints Row, and Dark Souls CE. I'll have some hunting to do the next few days.

Yeah, I might just do that. The funny thing is that I actually have two copies of this game - one is a complete normal copy and one is a disc only Platinum hits version with "Platinum Hits" stamped on the disc. I locked in two and might send them both in. Wouldn't really care if I received one back because it can go back into the collection
Does Saints Row come with a manual? I got two PH copies today that are in all around good shape but didn't have a manual. If they do that's worth hitting up the other store in the area to check since that's a $5 difference in TIV.

Does Saints Row come with a manual? I got two PH copies today that are in all around good shape but didn't have a manual. If they do that's worth hitting up the other store in the area to check since that's a $5 difference in TIV.
Yes, it comes with a manual.

It is indeed and the store I went to today had 23 copies.
Yeah, shouldn't be hard to find complete. Think I'll just go ahead and exchange the last two incomplete games that I hadn't returned yet for two of those instead of buying even more $3 games. Really not trying to get my hopes up on this on though, $63 for $6 would be insane.

Hmm, I wonder how closely they look at those guitars.  I've got an Aerosmith and GH3 guitar for 360 just sitting around...

Would probably raise more suspicion though and it's only a $10 higher TIV.

amazon denied 1 of my 2 fight night round 3s, one was only disc and i had locked them as good. it was marked wrong condition when i had it as a do not return. anyone had that happen before?

Now that I look at the prices, when did this get to be that expensive? I've had it sitting on my shelf for years now after playing through Dead Rising and DMC4 (couldn't stand Lost Planet long enough to get past the first ten minutes). Might have to go ahead and trade it in for that price, so thanks.
Apparently it's been at about $13 for the last three weeks after being about $6 before that. In the last 24 hours though it double and jumped up to $28. I would trade it because even want all those games back you can get them for under $10 total at GS right now.

Potentially good one if you want to risk a little.

:360: Capcom Platinum Hits Triple Pack $28.42 up $14.81

DMC4 is part of the 3 for $10 promo right now, Lost Planet is $2 at GS, and Dead Rising is $5. Acceptable TIV is $21.73 so you have to put out $9.30 but if they accept them like the FaceBreaker/Stoked combo at acceptable that's a decent turn around.

Update- Just watched an unboxing on this and it's a cardboard sleeve on three retail (platinum hits) versions. If you can find this complete you might even get lucky and receive the good value on it.

Edit- My AC3 just got accepted as well which is good since that one had the wrong UPC (it was an all zero UPC that probably came from a CE but I got off AWD).
Well after reading this thread and checking inventory I decided to go for my first run at GS for the purpose of doing Amazon TIVs. I have 3 stores within 15 minutes of my house, and fortunately one had Champions of Norrath, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Devil May Cry 4 in stock. After reading about quickly changing values I activated the trade before I left. I drove to the store and looked around and could only find Dead Rising and Lost Planet in stock, both were just disc only. I asked about DMC4 and Champions of Norrath and the employee couldn't find them either.

Most likely it would have been a bust anyways even if they had DMC4 cause it seems like from what others say in this thread Amazon wants the case and manual. So I left the store empty handed but am excited at the potential of doing these runs.

Most likely it would have been a bust anyways even if they had DMC4 cause it seems like from what others say in this thread Amazon wants the case and manual. So I left the store empty handed but am excited at the potential of doing these runs.
For good it would have to have the case, art and manual. You can trade disc only but it will get downgraded to the acceptable value, still best to send it in some form of case though to prevent damage. I've sent in a few that I packaged in the car after walking out the GS door in their generic case and got accepted fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back