Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes. - Indigo_Streetlight
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.
Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/26/2012)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need an answer from experienced traders: my shipping deadline is Tuesday, if I pack now and ship on four days later (Saturday), would it be a problem? What are the chances that they will reject it (since the tracking can clearly display when UPS received it)? TIA.

Need an answer from experienced traders: my shipping deadline is Tuesday, if I pack now and ship on four days later (Saturday), would it be a problem? What are the chances that they will reject it (since the tracking can clearly display when UPS received it)? TIA.
0% chance they will reject it. Shipping deadline date doesn't matter.

There's something weird with their expiration now. I wanted to ship Code Lyoko like a week and a half after I submitted the trade and it was already expired. I sent Vanquish with a day or so still left on it from the "items must ship by" date and it took a long time to be accepted and it was expired. I don't see any information on the return of the game and I was charged for the expiration.

I don't want to send out Rock Band 3 now because it has like three days left on it.

I submitted a trade on Monday for BF4 (360). I did the pay me now option (yea yea I know). I did a chat with Amazon on Wednesday asking them if I could get the $25 promo certificate for the X1 version of BF4 early. I was worried about not getting it in time for launch. After 15 minutes of waiting the chat person comes back and tells me that I was already paid for the trade and if I had any issues to email them back after 30 days. Ok waste of time.

Then I emailed them and I asked them the same thing. I get the same response more or less. I already received my gift card blah blah blah. Then they tell me that they checked the BF4 page and I can still preorder it with release date shipping and they will refund the shipping charge for me (I'm a prime member. That's useless). Still no mention of the $25 trade up promo though.

Thursday I email them back and I sent my game out. I put a link to the trade in promo I was talking about. I quoted the text from the page and I told them that I was well aware that I already received my gift card. I was just looking for the trade in promo credit early. This time they respond and apologize for the mix up. I ended up receiving a $20 off my next order credit. Good enough. Didn't get my trade up promo credit yet, but my trade is supposed to arrive today oddly enough so hopefully I'll get my trade up credit in time. 

I love Amazon CS even if they are frustrating 

I submitted a trade on Monday for BF4 (360). I did the pay me now option (yea yea I know). I did a chat with Amazon on Wednesday asking them if I could get the $25 promo certificate for the X1 version of BF4 early. I was worried about not getting it in time for launch. After 15 minutes of waiting the chat person comes back and tells me that I was already paid for the trade and if I had any issues to email them back after 30 days. Ok waste of time.

Then I emailed them and I asked them the same thing. I get the same response more or less. I already received my gift card blah blah blah. Then they tell me that they checked the BF4 page and I can still preorder it with release date shipping and they will refund the shipping charge for me (I'm a prime member. That's useless). Still no mention of the $25 trade up promo though.

Thursday I email them back and I sent my game out. I put a link to the trade in promo I was talking about. I quoted the text from the page and I told them that I was well aware that I already received my gift card. I was just looking for the trade in promo credit early. This time they respond and apologize for the mix up. I ended up receiving a $20 off my next order credit. Good enough. Didn't get my trade up promo credit yet, but my trade is supposed to arrive today oddly enough so hopefully I'll get my trade up credit in time.

I love Amazon CS even if they are frustrating
Proof of AMZ CS awesomeness. You asked for something that by policy can only be given out after trade-in processing and you received $20 credit on top of the promo credit that you will also be receiving.

Proof of AMZ CS awesomeness. You asked for something that by policy can only be given out after trade-in processing and you received $20 credit on top of the promo credit that you will also be receiving.
Yea I was shocked. I just wanted a simple yes or no. Someone earlier in the thread got their trade up promo credit early so I gave it a shot as well.

My copy of BF4 for the 360 got delayed due to train derailment and won't make it until Monday. I was trying to get it in time for the trade-up program so hopefully they will process it quickly.

My copy of BF4 for the 360 got delayed due to train derailment and won't make it until Monday. I was trying to get it in time for the trade-up program so hopefully they will process it quickly.
Not sure if I should laugh or what...Train derailment? I had no idea UPS used trains

Not sure if I should laugh or what...Train derailment? I had no idea UPS used trains
he's not lying it happened before, they use it to speed up delivery from what I know.
Yea I was shocked. I just wanted a simple yes or no. Someone earlier in the thread got their trade up promo credit early so I gave it a shot as well.
AMZ is awesome! I sent in NBA 2K14 and Madden 25 for trade up, I wasn't getting the $25 for each game for some reason. I contacted them and they made the trade up free. I didn't have to pay $20 to upgrade, so they basically gave me $120 for those two games.

I traded in an item that was rejected. There's still no sign of it being returned to me. It's been two weeks since it was rejected. How much longer should I wait to do something and what should I do?

I traded in an item that was rejected. There's still no sign of it being returned to me. It's been two weeks since it was rejected. How much longer should I wait to do something and what should I do?
no ofense but maybe u shuldnt trade in broken stuf 2 them i traded inbroken ipod 2 gamestop once and i am lucky i didnt get arested. but it can take 30 day or more.but i wuld trade in best buy instead they have 100% bonus right now.

Some of us get rejected for stupid reasons like "incorrect UPC" or "not eligible" or some vague reason like that. Sometimes the company that processes the trade-ins for Amazon is picky, sometimes it isn't. Don't assume that the items that get rejected are broken or in bad condition; everything that's ever been rejected in my case is for dumb reasons that I don't feel like trying to get a detailed explanation for - it's always the identical item in complete condition; it just gets rejected sometimes.

Trading in to best buy even if they have 100% bonus isn't usually as lucrative as catching Amazon promos. 100% bonus on top of severely reduced trade in values is still lower than the Amazon promos that we're taking advantage of.

Some of us get rejected for stupid reasons like "incorrect UPC" or "not eligible" or some vague reason like that. Sometimes the company that processes the trade-ins for Amazon is picky, sometimes it isn't. Don't assume that the items that get rejected are broken or in bad condition; everything that's ever been rejected in my case is for dumb reasons that I don't feel like trying to get a detailed explanation for - it's always the identical item in complete condition; it just gets rejected sometimes.

Trading in to best buy even if they have 100% bonus isn't usually as lucrative as catching Amazon promos. 100% bonus on top of severely reduced trade in values is still lower than the Amazon promos that we're taking advantage of.
ok sorry no need 2 b scurrilous and niggard about make mistake

I know this doesnt have anything to do with trades on amazon but this is the most active amazon thread I have seen.  Last year when amazon matched black friday deals did they announce anything via email or some sort of publication?  Or did they just match stuff and you had to dig it out, I didnt amazon for blaqck friday last year but if they match this year, easily the way to go so I dont have to venture out.

I think they just matched stuff out of the blue - sometimes on the item itself and sometimes via the pricing in lightning deals. I know they matched a lot of the $25 deals (LBP Karting, X-COM) from Walmart/Best Buy. They pretty much made it so I didn't have to buy anything in-store which I appreciated. I'm counting on doing all my shopping (which won't be much based on the advance ads I've seen) this year via Amazon.

I think they just matched stuff out of the blue - sometimes on the item itself and sometimes via the pricing in lightning deals. I know they matched a lot of the $25 deals (LBP Karting, X-COM) from Walmart/Best Buy. They pretty much made it so I didn't have to buy anything in-store which I appreciated. I'm counting on doing all my shopping (which won't be much based on the advance ads I've seen) this year via Amazon.
Thanks alot io, there isnt a ton of stuff I need this year from the sales I just want to be prepared. It would be crappy to have to run to the store to grab gift cards and be sold out by the time I got home. I will have to venture out to lamestop regardless so I can purchase a nintendo ds for my nephew. I was looking at psn+ there, BF 4, and that 360 controller(god its fugly). Man of steel is 12.99 at kmart so hopefully they match that too.

If the return tracking info is still not updated/showing on the trade-in transaction page and it's after the 14 day window from the date of rejection, then contact CS. They have access to that info/those dates and they should be able to issue you credit in the amount of the missing item.

If the return tracking info is still not updated/showing on the trade-in transaction page and it's after the 14 day window from the date of rejection, then contact CS. They have access to that info/those dates and they should be able to issue you credit in the amount of the missing item.
Thanks. It doesn't exactly say when it was rejected, at least nowhere that I can see, but it arrived on November 1st, so it's probably been two weeks now.

In case anyone else is regretting buying Skylanders Swapforce on current gen and thinking about picking it up for PS4/Xone on BF Amazon is giving $44.04 for 3DS, PS3, 360 and WiiU versions.

Just got my 3rd-$25 promo on NBA 2k14. I only traded in one copy, but the promo keeps on coming up in a new email once it ships.

lol wonder if this works for all trade-up titles.

My Rock Band 3 bundle got accepted as like new today. I was relieved because I did the pay me now option without reading the "horror" stories on here. Next time, I'll know better and just wait. Anyway, that was a pretty cool deal, especially with the DualShock 4 promo tacked on. Thanks, guys!

EldritchOnRye said:
In case anyone else is regretting buying Skylanders Swapforce on current gen and thinking about picking it up for PS4/Xone on BF Amazon is giving $44.04 for 3DS, PS3, 360 and WiiU versions.
Wait - you mean they are having a Black Friday trade-in deal? Will that be limited like sales are? :lol:

I already have the PS4 version (used the B1G1 on that and NBA 2K14). But I do have a PS3 Disney Infinity Starter Pack for which they don't even have any trade-in value posted. I wish they would take that for $30+.

Crap - I realized I still have a Rayman Legends trade locked in for the DS4 promo. But I am WAY past the shipping date at this point and it is the GS version so the UPC doesn't match. I never could find another at GS to swap out (that game is rare for PS3 - at least used). I'm not sure if I need a third controller anyway, but I would have gotten it for $30. So now I need to decide if I want to risk sending that in, or cancel it and lock something else in to qualify for the promo (which is why I wish they'd take PS3 DI).

Crap - I realized I still have a Rayman Legends trade locked in for the DS4 promo. But I am WAY past the shipping date at this point and it is the GS version so the UPC doesn't match. I never could find another at GS to swap out (that game is rare for PS3 - at least used). I'm not sure if I need a third controller anyway, but I would have gotten it for $30. So now I need to decide if I want to risk sending that in, or cancel it and lock something else in to qualify for the promo (which is why I wish they'd take PS3 DI).
Aside from the unfortunate issue of them rejecting your game and sending it back broken or in worse condition than you sent it, what do you have to lose? Is there a higher value for it a Best Buy or GameStop that could greatly decrease between now and the potential return period? I didn't look, so I'm genuinely asking.

I sent a trade in over the weekend for the Dual Shock 4 promotion. If you want, I can post to let you know if they accept and give it to me.

Someone posted earlier that their game was accepted a few days ago, but that Amazon's Trade-In service didn't give them the DualShock 4 bonus, so they e-mailed customer service and received it. So if it does work, don't forget to contact Amazon directly if you don't get you promotional credit. And shouldn't it also qualify for that Beyond: Two Souls $20 Off Promotion?

damn, well did it anyways. Going to drop off now, and hopefully can get stuff done asap to get my game. Want it at midnight so may have buy another game to still get the $25 from BB, and buy a copy of 2k14 seperate for a return with my Amazon copy.

Amazon is making me do the return! so my soul is still clean

The Ebbtide said:
Aside from the unfortunate issue of them rejecting your game and sending it back broken or in worse condition than you sent it, what do you have to lose? Is there a higher value for it a Best Buy or GameStop that could greatly decrease between now and the potential return period? I didn't look, so I'm genuinely asking.

I sent a trade in over the weekend for the Dual Shock 4 promotion. If you want, I can post to let you know if they accept and give it to me.
No, I don't think there's a better trade-in value (though I didn't check Best Buy. Edit: actually $36 at BBY with 100% bonus - not sure if I can get up there though). However, at this point if I send it to Amazon they wouldn't receive it until probably after Thanksgiving and it could very well cancel out before then. This is the problem with them using UPS Slow shipping and me living on the West Coast. And if they do get it, there's at least a 50-50 chance they reject it based on the UPC. Because of all of this, I decided to list it for sale a few days ago. I can probably make more selling it on eBay than via trade-in (though not counting the DS4 trade-in promo but like I said I already have 2 controllers). I thought it would be a quick sale but nothing yet.

I did two spearate trade ins and both show as delivered to them on the same day. One of the trade ins I received credit for last thursday, and the other still shows not yet received. wtf.

My friend ordered Madden & BF4 for the Xbox One--regular price, no trade-up promo, and when it shipped, he got an email for the $25 promo credit for both.

As if he traded it in--so he could get a second copy of both for $25 less.

Something keeps glitching this trade up promo

Finally got and shipped out another Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle and 2 Gamecube's for $290~ TIV. Hopefully all will be accepted.

Got RB3 Bundle for $47 from Gamestop. The Rock Band 3 Keyboard is brand new but the box looks like it's been open. It was ripped in a few places but a good amount of tape fixed that. The game is used from Gamestop as well and in great condition and complete.

The Gamecube's I got from eBay for $60~. Both are working and came with the power and AV cords. Only one came with the controller which works fine though the b button needs a harder push to work. Funny that both consoles had a different shade of Indigo but that's from aging I guess. These were suppose to be sent out on the 7th but should still be accepted. 

I expect all should arrive at Amazon by the end of the week. Than graded by the end of next week. Just enough time to get credit to use for Black Friday.

Whoa. My madden 25 and NBA 2k xbox one shipped today. I told yall the the guy gave me those free but for some reason I still have $20.79 from those trade ins. I also got more $25 off for those. I'm about to order another 2k or madden for $14.21. Would anybody want to trade a Need for speed rivals for one of them? I can have it shipped to you, I have prime. Im trying to figure the best option, hit me up if interested. I'm not sure what I'll do right now, I'll also consider other offers. Keeping my options open on what I'll do with one of those.

I'm going to see if anybody would trade for a NBA 2k14 on midnight friday in line. Best option for me, so I don't have to wait for someone to ship it.

Whoa. My madden 25 and NBA 2k xbox one shipped today. I told yall the the guy gave me those free but for some reason I still have $20.79 from those trade ins. I also got more $25 off for those. I'm about to order another 2k or madden for $14.21. Would anybody want to trade a Need for speed rivals for one of them? I can have it shipped to you, I have prime. Im trying to figure the best option, hit me up if interested. I'm not sure what I'll do right now, I'll also consider other offers. Keeping my options open on what I'll do with one of those.
Ha. It keeps glitching. You'll get another coupon when you order another, you'll get another after lol. I got 2 for NBA.

lol. This will be my second time using the $25 promotion, I'll probably won't use the next one though.
I ordered them for friends. Why not. Hope it's not bad but it seems
To be happening. With every game of the trade up promo. Some guy reported bf4 and my
Friend bought madden and bf4 next gen for $60, did not even trade up, and got another promo for $25 off each.

Lol idk what's up

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked and I also got another promo for my NBA that I got in the mail today. Now to decide if I want another and what to do with it.

I just put Madden in my cart and it's giving it to me for free? I only have $17.00 is promotional credit but for some reason when I add Madden it gets bumped up to 66.96 Sure Amazon, I'll take another free copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back