Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

Where do I trade in video games on Amazon?

On the Amazon Video Game Trade-In Store or on all (desktop) video games product detail pages. Customers can find the trade-in feature right below the price and above the platform selection on all desktop video games product detail pages while shopping for new video games.

-- FAQ

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO HANDSOMEPETE, DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 1/18/2015)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What are Amazon's T&Cs for trade-ins?

Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions

• Your participation in the trade-in program (the "Program") is subject to the terms and conditions stated below, Amazon.com's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and all rules and policies for the Program included on Amazon.com, including those stated in Frequently Asked Questions and Help pages (collectively, "Program Terms").
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program must be shipped only from the United States or APO/FPO, and you must have a physical address or P.O. Box located in the United States or APO/FPO. Products shipped from outside the United States or APO/FPO may not be accepted or returned.
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program are subject to acceptance by us, and may be purchased by us or a third-party merchant participating in the Program.
  • Items we accept will be purchased from you and you will be paid for the items with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for the value of your trade-in. Amazon.com Gift Cards are subject to the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms & Conditions. The Amazon.com Gift Card(s) will be deposited directly into your Amazon.com account. You will not be entitled to any other payment for items you submit for trade-in using the Program.
  • You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in using the Program, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Program Terms. We may use a stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen.
  • The items you submit must meet the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or such items will be rejected. Rejected items will be subject to the Rejected Items terms and conditions below.
  • Prior to choosing a condition for your item, you must review the condition description presented to you during the trade-in submission process, inspect your item thoroughly and ensure that it meets the condition criteria you specify. We will inspect your item against the same condition criteria.
  • We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until We receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
  • We reserve the right to cancel any trade-in in our sole discretion, including without limitation if certain quantity limits are reached. If we cancel a trade-in that you have already shipped, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for a canceled trade-in.
  • We may terminate your participation in the Program at any time in our sole discretion, including without limitation if you submit items for trade-in that do not meet the condition criteria you specify or are counterfeit or stolen.
  • We may revise the Program Terms at any time and may suspend or terminate the Program at any time without notice to you.

Rejected Items
  • Items are inspected upon receipt using the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria will be rejected ("Rejected items"). You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items.
  • We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Lost, Undeliverable, or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable items in our sole discretion.
    "Lost" items are items that are lost in transit.
  • "Undeliverable" items are items that were rejected and returned to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
  • "Counterfeit" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, Incorrect, or Incomplete items.
  • "Extra" items are items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
  • "Damaged" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in any acceptable condition.
  • "Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
  • "Incomplete" items are items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Condition Criteria (like CD-ROMs) that were included in the original item.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, accept Incorrect items for trade-in. If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you.
[*]We will return the following Rejected Items to you: Downgraded items.
  • "Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission.

[*]However, if the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in, and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option, then you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition instead of receiving the item back from us. Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade-In Account .
[*]In addition, we may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.

Instant Payment
  • If you are eligible for and choose to participate in Instant Payment, you will receive Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV at the time you initiate a trade-in.
  • Your participation in Instant Payment is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as the Program Terms.
  • Eligibility for Instant Payment is determined at our sole discretion and may change at any time without notice.
  • Instant Payment may be offered on eligible trade-ins and you have the option to accept or reject this option for a trade-in. Once your choice is made for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed.
  • Instant Payment requires you to select a valid payment method which you have the legal right to use. Once the payment method is selected for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed
  • If you selected Instant Payment and we have delivered you an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV, then you authorize us to:
    charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if you cancel the trade-in;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if no items are received within 25 calendar days;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for any Rejected item, unless the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option; and
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) less an amount equal to the actual TIV for the trade-in product determined in the grading process if the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option.

[*]We will not be liable for any charges, interest, or other fees incurred by you due to the need to charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s).
[*]In the event your payment method must be charged but the transaction cannot be completed successfully, we reserve the right to pursue any available remedies.
[*]We may limit or restrict the number and amount of Instant Payment trade-ins you can place in our sole discretion, including under the following scenarios:
  • You have Instant Payments outstanding
  • Your payment method failed validation
  • We were unable to charge your payment method successfully
  • Any abuse of this program

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Carry on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLCUSKW/?tag=scurker-20

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-system-white-animal-crossing/111056

so yeah game on? how many will get rejected by ashley mutumbo?

and if you have time...lock in the other 908410327489 items on tivtraker
Thanks. It went out of stock on me during the checkout process on gamestop.com. I guess it wasn't meant for me, but I wish all of you guys the best of luck with it. Even if Ashley is in a bad mood, the "acceptable" price isn't bad. Even if she is in a really bad mood and rejects it, you could get most of your money back on ebay pretty easily I'd imagine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLCUSKW/?tag=scurker-20

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-system-white-animal-crossing/111056

so yeah game on? how many will get rejected by ashley mutumbo?

and if you have time...lock in the other 908410327489 items on tivtraker
Cool, Thanks! I grabbed one on ebay from a 100% seller for $160. I don't normally like to spend the cash but for the possible $70-$100 ROI I'll take a chance. Worse case scenario I have to re-ebay it.

I saw this earlier at a GS for $9.99 (generic sku for all traded microphones) and my jaw dropped when I saw the trade value for it. The GS link is to the generic sku for the microphones so don't think it is the same one. In case anyone is interested or has one and or comes across one.

:ps3: Logitech Wireless Microphone
Amz (LN) $62.77 (G) $55.80 (A) $52.31 | GS (PO) $9.99 (w/ PUR) $8.99
I checked my local GS and they had nine microphones, but none of them wireless. Never realized how common these are.

So many different logos, but they are look the same. Konami, Disney, Rock Band, High School Musical, and Logitech are what my local GS had. I'm tempted to start collecting them...

Finally got my 2 brand new OUYA controllers processed but only got graded as acceptable. Still a profit and moved credit to Amazon but bummed a bit. Figured I would get good at the worst.

Thanks for the heads up on those though.

I was just putting together a list of items that I can't trade back in until the quantity limit has expired and found out for certain that the date of release is 3 months and three days from the initial date of the last trade-in. So, if you put in two trade-ins today, you would have to wait until September 7th before you could do more of them in the future.

Going through the list was a walk down memory lane of TIVs we won't likely see again for quite some time, if ever.

Finally got my 2 brand new OUYA controllers processed but only got graded as acceptable. Still a profit and moved credit to Amazon but bummed a bit. Figured I would get good at the worst. Thanks for the heads up on those though.
Nice to hear that there were some success stories with that one. No luck for me, as there weren't any in my local area.

11.59 (G) / 10.68 (A) http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Brave-Meet-Again-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001TKK3NE

4.99/4.49 http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/phantom-brave-we-meet-again/74025

There's a bunch of new TIVs for some random system listings, mostly older stuff. Not sure the chances are of them accepting it, as some of the listings look user-created, but it may be worth a chance.
Thanks! One in my area. I saw a blue\black 3ds xl trade in come up around $145 and it's gone now...so is the animal crossing one. Strange.

Thanks for the find, leecy.  Swing and a miss for me.

Today, I had my first "cracked disc" rejection, on a copy of Backyard Sports Football: Rookie Rush (X360).   I'd love to know what happened to it, as it played fine in my X360 S before putting it away in its case and into the bubble mailer to send it out.  Not sure how it would play with a cracked disc, though that's something I'll see whatever time it makes it back here. A Sesame Street that was rejected on May 29th hasn't even been shipped out yet, so I can only wonder when I will see this "cracked disc" game that they rejected.

Accepted a couple of minutes later was a Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal (X360) that also played without issue and was shipped out in the same condition in the same manner.

Oh, thank you Amazon. :bomb:

Thanks for the find, leecy. Swing and a miss for me.

Today, I had my first "cracked disc" rejection, on a copy of Backyard Sports Football: Rookie Rush (X360). I'd love to know what happened to it, as it played fine in my X360 S before putting it away in its case and into the bubble mailer to send it out. Not sure how it would play with a cracked disc, though that's something I'll see whatever time it makes it back here.
I just had a Looney Tunes rejected for cracked disc as well. I didn't play it but I always check them to make sure there is not any glaring damage like that. It's annoying when they reject the stuff that is more or less credit movers/fillers for free shipping. Pretty much me every time I see that "Your trade in has been received" email only to find it was rejected:

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

I just had a Looney Tunes rejected for cracked disc as well. I didn't play it but I always check them to make sure there is not any glaring damage like that. It's annoying when they reject the stuff that is more or less credit movers/fillers for free shipping. Pretty much me every time I see that "Your trade in has been received" email only to find it was rejected:

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif
I checked it visually, was fine. Popped it into the 360 to check it, was fine. No issues at all, so off it went.

Crap like this is why I check them before sending them out, so there's a leg to stand on when it comes back.

Even more interesting that its peer was fine and not an issue.

Regardless, how long do people wait before contacting CS about a non-shipped rejection? I'm at two weeks with Kinect SS and would love to get it back sometime before I'm dead.

Speaking of that kinect. Mine that was rejected 3 weeks ago was finally shipped out yesterday. Should be here Tuesday. I locked in the new tiv when it dropped to $71.xx, I had sent it out the first time when it was $85.xx. When I send it the Wednesday after, it will be with 9 days left on the trade in. Just hope it goes into processing before it expires or at least lasts a couple weeks/days longer like some my other trade ins.

I also noticed I had Child of Eden physical, so I'm going to throw it there just because lol.
Woooooo! It worked, it fucking actually worked. Thanks DS2U for finding/noticing it was back up with another high TIV.

Item

Quantity

Condition

Return Option

Value

Status

Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures and Child of Eden To...
Platform: Xbox 360 EAN: 0885370354515

Acceptable

Send Gift Card

$71.97

Gift Card Deposited

Total

$71.97

Thanks. Grabbed that from AWD and New Carnival Games game from GS.

Woooooo! It worked, it fucking actually worked. Thanks DS2U for finding/noticing it was back up with another high TIV.

Item Quantity Condition Return Option Value Status
Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures and Child of Eden To...
Platform: Xbox 360 EAN: 0885370354515

1 Acceptable Send Gift Card $71.97 Gift Card Deposited Total 1 $71.97
Awesome. Glad it worked out for someone.

I checked it visually, was fine. Popped it into the 360 to check it, was fine. No issues at all, so off it went.

Crap like this is why I check them before sending them out, so there's a leg to stand on when it comes back.

Even more interesting that its peer was fine and not an issue.

Regardless, how long do people wait before contacting CS about a non-shipped rejection? I'm at two weeks with Kinect SS and would love to get it back sometime before I'm dead.
id wait a month, then they'll just give you a promotional credit for it since they'll assume it's been lost.

Wii RB3 game/keyboard bundle rejected for "wrong item".  Yay.

Time for destroyed instrument to be received, since the keyboard was sent in NIB and likely won't be coming back as such.  TIV also dropped down to $22.29 LN as well. :twoguns:

Wii RB3 game/keyboard bundle rejected for "wrong item". Yay.

Time for destroyed instrument to be received, since the keyboard was sent in NIB and likely won't be coming back as such. TIV also dropped down to $22.29 LN as well. :twoguns:
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will get back to you safely and the TIV will go back up. I've gone back and forth with these 2 white guitar hero guitars three times now, with the TIV dropping further and further. A 61.xx (A) value came and went for them on some user-made listing for the same guitar, and I managed to lock one in and send it off today. Hoping that one pays off even though the chances are slim.

Also, with happiness and guilt, a disc only copy of Quake 4 was accepted as (A) today. It was the iD disc, not the Bethesda one. At least I think; it was the wrong one for the listing for sure.

Also, with happiness and guilt, a disc only copy of Quake 4 was accepted as (A) today. It was the iD disc, not the Bethesda one. At least I think; it was the wrong one for the listing for sure.
They must have confused your wrong disc with my correct one. :headache:

Wii RB3 game/keyboard bundle rejected for "wrong item". Yay.

Time for destroyed instrument to be received, since the keyboard was sent in NIB and likely won't be coming back as such. TIV also dropped down to $22.29 LN as well. :twoguns:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will get back to you safely and the TIV will go back up. I've gone back and forth with these 2 white guitar hero guitars three times now, with the TIV dropping further and further. A 61.xx (A) value came and went for them on some user-made listing for the same guitar, and I managed to lock one in and send it off today. Hoping that one pays off even though the chances are slim.

Sorry to hear that too...Great...just when I needed to hear when I am just about to send my 2nd sucker out. Everything looks perfect on this one too. I forgot to snap some photos of the thing too so I'll have to take care of that before I launch it today. Thanks for the heads up.

Seems the NorAm folks are on a refusal rampage lately, ugh. :bomb:

I still feel bad when I see the 3DS pull-n-go portfolios on AWD for <$10, after all the $55 ones we sent them. Hope we see something that great again sometime soon.
Like fuck if I ever do regret that; It helped pay half of my Vita memory card or something like that.

But not too soon, especially if NorAm is on a refusal rampage right now.
I knew that "Refusal Rampage" had a good ring to it... :D/

I don't, lol
Hubert, we should all drink to the good old days. :beer: :beer: :beer:

The keyboard was NIB and I doubt I'll see it in that condition when it comes back. If it doesn't come back with the original box in a non-trashed condition, I'm going to be sending off a nastygram about it. We'll see what happens if/when I get it back.

The XB360 version of the same bundle is at a TIV of close to $25, so that might be a replacement option for anyone that has a keyboard near to them. It's $5.97 @ GS:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xb360-rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard/78042

$24.63 LN TIV @ Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Keyboard-Bundle-Software-360-Xbox/dp/B003RRTWSE

Game, however is $19.99 new / $24.99 ($22.49) used:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/rock-band-3-game-only/78049

My tablet was denied. "audio not working". Pretty sure it is on mute. :wall:
I'd bet that as well. What tablet was it and how hard is it to adjust the volume?

They must have confused your wrong disc with my correct one. :headache:
Lucky you. Guess it was the same grader who worked on both yours and his.

Sorry to hear that too...Great...just when I needed to hear when I am just about to send my 2nd sucker out. Everything looks perfect on this one too. I forgot to snap some photos of the thing too so I'll have to take care of that before I launch it today. Thanks for the heads up.

Seems the NorAm folks are on a refusal rampage lately, ugh. :bomb:
Might want to keep that in mind when sending it in. The odd thing is when I check the trade-in page for the trade, there's nothing to click on for the reason of why it was rejected on the "Wrong Item" condition, no picture, nothing. Very odd.

And yes, they're on a bit of a refusal rampage. I did have 4/5 successes after that annoying lead-in.

I still feel bad when I see the 3DS pull-n-go portfolios on AWD for <$10, after all the $55 ones we sent them. Hope we see something that great again sometime soon.
It would be nice, though I think those days might be done in for items with that kind of ROI.

Like fuck if I ever do regret that; It helped pay half of my Vita memory card or something like that.

I knew that "Refusal Rampage" had a good ring to it... :D/

Hubert, we should all drink to the good old days. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Those helped buy a BD-RE drive for my new laptop, among other things. I know I didn't regret it, though that was a nice one to have go right when it could have gone wrong. I think that and the GB MIcro were ones I was most happy with.

Picked up Phantom Brave, disc good shape no artwork. Got 2 Surf's Up from GS.com, both look like shit with no artwork. I'd be shocked if I even get (A). GS ugh. 

Picked up Phantom Brave, disc good shape no artwork. Got 2 Surf's Up from GS.com, both look like shit with no artwork. I'd be shocked if I even get (A). GS ugh.
Most of what I've received from the GS TX warehouse have been artwork + case (50/50 shot on normal vs generic) and varying disc qualities. The Grand Slam Tennis I received from a store shipment was complete with a very good looking disc. Rest of the items in the last couple GS shipments have all been no manual, most of them with artwork and most with generic cases, usually cracked in some way. Only rejection I've had from an item sourced from GS.com was that "cracked disc" BS on a copy of Backyard Football Rush from yesterday that played OK.

How long has GS been doing the "ship from store to fulfill GS.com orders" thing? I think it's been a couple of months, as a few items I've received since early May have been that way.

Might want to keep that in mind when sending it in. The odd thing is when I check the trade-in page for the trade, there's nothing to click on for the reason of why it was rejected on the "Wrong Item" condition, no picture, nothing. Very odd.

Those helped buy a BD-RE drive for my new laptop, among other things. I know I didn't regret it, though that was a nice one to have go right when it could have gone wrong. I think that and the GB MIcro were ones I was most happy with.
Yep. The best I ever did with AWD was when the TiVs were insanely high for the Wii Sports bundles. I paid like $36 for all of the stuff and with no box I still got $111. *sigh* It almost hurts to think on the past. That was about seven months ago. Man how time flies...

i know fuckall about headphones, but this looks like the right thing to me.

Monster - DNA Pro Over-The-Ear Headphones (LN) $166.37 (G) $135.17 (A) $83.18

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-DNA-Pro-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00FIYDC1W
$99.95
http://www.brandsmartusa.com/Monster/175022/DNA+Pro+Over+The+Ear+Headphones.htm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-128586-DNA-Pro-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-/291416582168

That Acceptable value, though. Don't know if I can do it.
Life's too short to listen to bad headphones, so never buy Monster. I don't even wanna buy them to flip.

It's a good thing I have a JFJ easy pro machine as I tend to abuse my discs to hell. Cleans up Wii discs pretty well, but you gotta be careful as the Wii discs can self-destruct if you overdo it. And if you have to sandpaper the disc to get it looking good...that = FAIL.

Blu-Rays are fine but they always show resurfacing marks no matter what you do to polish it.

I've done a TON of fubar 360 discs and pulled them out of oblivion.

$99.95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-128586-DNA-Pro-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-/291416582168

Locked it in....still torn though

$99.95

That one I'll take a shot on via eBay as I have the eBay guarantee to work from versus dealing directly with the vendor. That, and shipping would be free directly from Brandsmart, though $8,48 via eBay for two of them.

Yep. The best I ever did with AWD was when the TiVs were insanely high for the Wii Sports bundles. I paid like $36 for all of the stuff and with no box I still got $111. *sigh* It almost hurts to think on the past. That was about seven months ago. Man how time flies...

Life's too short to listen to bad headphones, so never buy Monster. I don't even wanna buy them to flip.

It's a good thing I have a JFJ easy pro machine as I tend to abuse my discs to hell. Cleans up Wii discs pretty well, but you gotta be careful as the Wii discs can self-destruct if you overdo it. And if you have to sandpaper the disc to get it looking good...that = FAIL.

Blu-Rays are fine but they always show resurfacing marks no matter what you do to polish it.

That was a good ROI if you had $111 come out of $36.

I picked up a pair of those headphones to send to Amazon, as eBay will cover stuff that's not new, plus I doubt anyone will get them from AWD or third-party Amazon sellers. Keeps them out of the public that way. ;)

I keep all of my discs looking pretty, so it's this stuff from GS is a bit of an eyesore. I did make sure to test everything since the PSP issue with "severe damage", so this rejected one was a bit of a surprise.

I like dealing with DS and 3DS games for the trade-ins. I'm one of those crazy people who has gone mostly digital at this point. When I did have a big collection of games I mainly only bought new because I was pretty OCD about the "shape" of my games. I could always tell when a disc was re-surfaced.

That's pretty sweet you have one of those machines though...as we all know with GS stuff it probably comes in real handy. I can understand some games like Surf's Up (which was probably mostly played by kids) being beaten to death but when it's something more adult based and it's beat the hell, I'm all like what do people do with their games? I picture the clerks at GS rubbing them on the floor before putting them away or on the shelf.

I guess I was always worried the game wouldn't play if it was too beat up.

$99.95

How confident are you these are the correct ones on eBay?

Blah! Who cares! Get that chedda!

That one I'll take a shot on via eBay as I have the eBay guarantee to work from versus dealing directly with the vendor. That, and shipping would be free directly from Brandsmart, though $8,48 via eBay for two of them.
Are we sure these are the same thing? I'm about to bite.

How confident are you these are the correct ones on eBay?

Blah! Who cares! Get that chedda!

Are we sure these are the same thing? I'm about to bite.
It's an obscure way to find it, though searching for "Monster 128586 UPC" brought up these sites:

http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=334570

http://www.head-fi.org/products/monster-dna-pro-over-ear-headphones

UPC listed of 050644710247 brought up http://www.amazon.com/Monster-DNA-Pro-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00FIYDC1W/ .

I'll take a shot.

Only 2 left on the eBay link.

That was a good ROI if you had $111 come out of $36.

I picked up a pair of those headphones to send to Amazon, as eBay will cover stuff that's not new, plus I doubt anyone will get them from AWD or third-party Amazon sellers. Keeps them out of the public that way. ;)

I keep all of my discs looking pretty, so it's this stuff from GS is a bit of an eyesore. I did make sure to test everything since the PSP issue with "severe damage", so this rejected one was a bit of a surprise.
I got that Wii during a Half Price Books coupon sale...Was surprised the console sat there the whole week of the sale until I grabbed it.

I love testing PSP games especially if you have a custom FW PSP: just drag and drop the whole thing to your PC. If it finished, it works, if not, it didn't. Also certain PSP games especially from GS have some clear shells but sometimes they don't work...at all. I had two games that while they would read in different shells, stick any little disc in these two shells...and BAM. Stopped up that drain like a whole roll of Charmin. Plus someone did a ludicrous job in resurfacing them too....The fluids that are used for the JFJ machine are great for clearing up PSP discs too!

I like dealing with DS and 3DS games for the trade-ins. I'm one of those crazy people who has gone mostly digital at this point. When I did have a big collection of games I mainly only bought new because I was pretty OCD about the "shape" of my games. I could always tell when a disc was re-surfaced.

That's pretty sweet you have one of those machines though...as we all know with GS stuff it probably comes in real handy. I can understand some games like Surf's Up (which was probably mostly played by kids) being beaten to death but when it's something more adult based and it's beat the hell, I'm all like what do people do with their games? I picture the clerks at GS rubbing them on the floor before putting them away or on the shelf.

I guess I was always worried the game wouldn't play if it was too beat up.
They're good, but you do have to learn how to run them as learning curve is like scaling buildings in the old 60's Batman series. Sometimes you just keep buffing the thing until it looks good...or you rot the data layer away.

I got that Wii during a Half Price Books coupon sale...Was surprised the console sat there the whole week of the sale until I grabbed it.

I love testing PSP games especially if you have a custom FW PSP: just drag and drop the whole thing to your PC. If it finished, it works, if not, it didn't. Also certain PSP games especially from GS have some clear shells but sometimes they don't work...at all. I had two games that while they would read in different shells, stick any little disc in these two shells...and BAM. Stopped up that drain like a whole roll of Charmin. Plus someone did a ludicrous job in resurfacing them too....The fluids that are used for the JFJ machine are great for clearing up PSP discs too!

They're good, but you do have to learn how to run them as learning curve is like scaling buildings in the old 60's Batman series. Sometimes you just keep buffing the thing until it looks good...or you rot the data layer away.
Good score if it was from HPB, since I think it probably wouldn't have sat there much longer had you not grabbed it.

No PSP = no PSP game testing, which is why I've stayed away from my 0/1 success rate.

confident enough to consider it.

the UPC listed in the eBay item specifics brings up the correct product in the Amazon TIV estimator, so as long as that's what we get then should be fine.
Duh, missed that UPC showing up in the eBay item. :dunce:

Replacement Rock Band Pedal up to 28.xx for (A), 38.xx for (LN): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00263ABOE/?tag=scurker-20

Currently an (A) up for 18.41 plus shipping. Might be something that can be found even cheaper elsewhere. I have been keeping up on the price since I found one at a thrift store a few weeks back.
Thanks for that, I have one laying around that I can trade in. Locked in 2 though since I see those at Goodwill every now and then.

Thanks for that, I have one laying around that I can trade in. Locked in 2 though since I see those at Goodwill every now and then.
I'll have to take a run by my local Goodwill and see if I can find one there, though I have a VStock near to my house, so that might work to find one as well. Good pointer about where to find them.

Don't bother with GS, as this is what comes up on a search for "Rock Band Pedal":

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/rock-band-3-universal-overdrive-pedal/77881

Received a bunch of stuff from GS, almost all of it was store shipments and most of it has certainly seen better days.   Someone should teach these stores on how to package games, too. 

Also, shipment notification from eBay about those Monster headphones, going UPS, so should have those by middle of next week.

EDIT: Wii Motion Plus back in stock via AWD, this time for $9.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001TOQ8NO/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&shipPromoFilter=1

bread's done
Back