Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

Where do I trade in video games on Amazon?

On the Amazon Video Game Trade-In Store or on all (desktop) video games product detail pages. Customers can find the trade-in feature right below the price and above the platform selection on all desktop video games product detail pages while shopping for new video games.

-- FAQ

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO HANDSOMEPETE, DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 1/18/2015)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What are Amazon's T&Cs for trade-ins?

Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions

• Your participation in the trade-in program (the "Program") is subject to the terms and conditions stated below, Amazon.com's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and all rules and policies for the Program included on Amazon.com, including those stated in Frequently Asked Questions and Help pages (collectively, "Program Terms").
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program must be shipped only from the United States or APO/FPO, and you must have a physical address or P.O. Box located in the United States or APO/FPO. Products shipped from outside the United States or APO/FPO may not be accepted or returned.
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program are subject to acceptance by us, and may be purchased by us or a third-party merchant participating in the Program.
  • Items we accept will be purchased from you and you will be paid for the items with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for the value of your trade-in. Amazon.com Gift Cards are subject to the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms & Conditions. The Amazon.com Gift Card(s) will be deposited directly into your Amazon.com account. You will not be entitled to any other payment for items you submit for trade-in using the Program.
  • You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in using the Program, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Program Terms. We may use a stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen.
  • The items you submit must meet the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or such items will be rejected. Rejected items will be subject to the Rejected Items terms and conditions below.
  • Prior to choosing a condition for your item, you must review the condition description presented to you during the trade-in submission process, inspect your item thoroughly and ensure that it meets the condition criteria you specify. We will inspect your item against the same condition criteria.
  • We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until We receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
  • We reserve the right to cancel any trade-in in our sole discretion, including without limitation if certain quantity limits are reached. If we cancel a trade-in that you have already shipped, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for a canceled trade-in.
  • We may terminate your participation in the Program at any time in our sole discretion, including without limitation if you submit items for trade-in that do not meet the condition criteria you specify or are counterfeit or stolen.
  • We may revise the Program Terms at any time and may suspend or terminate the Program at any time without notice to you.

Rejected Items
  • Items are inspected upon receipt using the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria will be rejected ("Rejected items"). You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items.
  • We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Lost, Undeliverable, or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable items in our sole discretion.
    "Lost" items are items that are lost in transit.
  • "Undeliverable" items are items that were rejected and returned to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
  • "Counterfeit" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, Incorrect, or Incomplete items.
  • "Extra" items are items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
  • "Damaged" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in any acceptable condition.
  • "Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
  • "Incomplete" items are items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Condition Criteria (like CD-ROMs) that were included in the original item.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, accept Incorrect items for trade-in. If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you.
[*]We will return the following Rejected Items to you: Downgraded items.
  • "Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission.

[*]However, if the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in, and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option, then you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition instead of receiving the item back from us. Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade-In Account .
[*]In addition, we may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.

Instant Payment
  • If you are eligible for and choose to participate in Instant Payment, you will receive Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV at the time you initiate a trade-in.
  • Your participation in Instant Payment is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as the Program Terms.
  • Eligibility for Instant Payment is determined at our sole discretion and may change at any time without notice.
  • Instant Payment may be offered on eligible trade-ins and you have the option to accept or reject this option for a trade-in. Once your choice is made for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed.
  • Instant Payment requires you to select a valid payment method which you have the legal right to use. Once the payment method is selected for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed
  • If you selected Instant Payment and we have delivered you an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV, then you authorize us to:
    charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if you cancel the trade-in;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if no items are received within 25 calendar days;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for any Rejected item, unless the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option; and
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) less an amount equal to the actual TIV for the trade-in product determined in the grading process if the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option.

[*]We will not be liable for any charges, interest, or other fees incurred by you due to the need to charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s).
[*]In the event your payment method must be charged but the transaction cannot be completed successfully, we reserve the right to pursue any available remedies.
[*]We may limit or restrict the number and amount of Instant Payment trade-ins you can place in our sole discretion, including under the following scenarios:
  • You have Instant Payments outstanding
  • Your payment method failed validation
  • We were unable to charge your payment method successfully
  • Any abuse of this program

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Carry on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i sent in two excellent condition nintendo ds mario kart bundles. one was rated as like new and the other.... tun tun tunnnn... unacceptable - reason, broken.

i hate them.

Woah $5? What were they thinking?

In your case, head somewhere that has the PS Move charging docks You know, the one that looks like this.

Notice the picture of the actual power cord? That's right. It's the same as the PSP 3000 charger (eh, they all work the same). It's a great way to get official chargers cheap; you should be able to track one down at a Gamestop for $5...don't even bother with their new ones or that universal Energizer charger.

Also I found out that the PS TV's power cable is also the PSP 1000/2000 charger, lol.
They were thinking they didn't know the value of a PSP Value Pack. Even at current TIV of $75, that's a great investment on $11 ($5 + $6 for an AC adapter).

In other news, my RB 3 keyboard/game Wii bundle should be back tomorrow. Time for the fun to begin on that one being in a condition that was less than when I sent it in.

i sent in two excellent condition nintendo ds mario kart bundles. one was rated as like new and the other.... tun tun tunnnn... unacceptable - reason, broken.

i hate them.
Let me guess, both working when they went out and no reasonable way the non-working one could have been damaged in shipment?

Just received my rejection on Monster headset #1, though they didn't receive it until yesterday and today it's been rejected:

Item with incorrect UPC received

They had it processing on the 15th without the item and now, a day after they get it, it's suddenly rejected?  I certainly don't think so.  This one needs a phone call to figure out.

I save phone calls for only the most screwed up reasons.

Just received my rejection on Monster headset #1, though they didn't receive it until yesterday and today it's been rejected:

They had it processing on the 15th without the item and now, a day after they get it, it's suddenly rejected? I certainly don't think so. This one needs a phone call to figure out.
Maybe you'll get an email within 24 hours saying it was accepted? I recall someone having a similar experience.

Maybe you'll get an email within 24 hours saying it was accepted? I recall someone having a similar experience.
I had that happen for a copy of that MLB 2K11/Virtua Tennis 4, though these two trade-ins are worth a tiny bit more than that past one that went from Rejected to Accepted. I'm trying to make sure all of my bases are covered on this one, which is why I snapped pictures before they went out, making sure to get serial numbers in case some foolishness happens.

They started Processing on the 15th, 3 days before I shipped and a week before they were received. I'm making sure Amazon has this all documented, which is why I'm calling.

sladeums (I think) had his rejected under the same scenario, where his went to Process in advance of his being sent out and marked as Wrong Item a few days ago.

They had it processing on the 15th without the item and now, a day after they get it, it's suddenly rejected? I certainly don't think so. This one needs a phone call to figure out.

I save phone calls for only the most screwed up reasons.
Yep, this is exactly what phone calls are saved for. Not for a $2 price adjustment, a free 30 days of prime for a late item, or for incorrectly rejecting a game that originally cost $4.99 at Gamestop. It's for shit like this.

Sorry to hear about this.

Woah $5? What were they thinking?

In your case, head somewhere that has the PS Move charging docks You know, the one that looks like this.

Notice the picture of the actual power cord? That's right. It's the same as the PSP 3000 charger (eh, they all work the same). It's a great way to get official chargers cheap; you should be able to track one down at a Gamestop for $5...don't even bother with their new ones or that universal Energizer charger.

Also I found out that the PS TV's power cable is also the PSP 1000/2000 charger, lol.
Thanks for the tip, I'll pick one of those up. I just checked and the difference between G and A is $10, so it's worth it to try. I think the box is a little too damaged to hope for LN.

The yard sale I went to was a pawn shop getting rid of older stuff/broken electronics, etc. I offered them $5 for the PSP and they took it. There was a note on the box that said it wouldn't power on, but the only cord in the box was a USB cable. The PSP 1000 won't charge via USB, and sure enough, once I plugged it into my wall adapter, it turned on and works fine :bouncy:

Also, shrike-- sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will fix it over the phone and credit you for it. We shouldn't be rejected just because they don't want to pay for it.

Just sent in Boarderlands presequel, Boarderlands 2 GOTY, Yakuza 4, and Assassin's Creed Rouge for $29.40. Hope theyaccept my crap. Don't want to play another Boarderlands title again for 10 years. Currently in processing.

In two days I'll have another Amazon gift card.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pick one of those up. I just checked and the difference between G and A is $10, so it's worth it to try. I think the box is a little too damaged to hope for LN.

The yard sale I went to was a pawn shop getting rid of older stuff/broken electronics, etc. I offered them $5 for the PSP and they took it. There was a note on the box that said it wouldn't power on, but the only cord in the box was a USB cable. The PSP 1000 won't charge via USB, and sure enough, once I plugged it into my wall adapter, it turned on and works fine :bouncy:

Also, shrike-- sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will fix it over the phone and credit you for it. We shouldn't be rejected just because they don't want to pay for it.
If it's $10 more between G and A and it's less than that cost to get there, give it a try and see what happens.

In the conversation with the Amazon rep talking with NorAm, the term "inflated TIV" came up in conversation, which appears to be the real reason for the trade-in being rejected. :shame: :whistle2:$

Someone should give their damn T&C a good solid read sometime and learn it like we know it. Sheesh.

I think AFS is just getting tired of giving money to shrike ;)
It's not like the money can go elsewhere, now can it?

Here's the first rejection we had:

I sent in two Monster DNA Pro Over-Ear Headphones and they were deemed unacceptable........ they were brand new wtf. Ughhh.

:-({|= :twoguns: :twoguns: :twoguns: :-({|=

Good luck to you all. Ashley is working today.
EDIT: 4 more completions, in the last 15 minutes. Kids Learning Spelling and Grammar (A), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Sky (G), Bladestorm: Nightmare (G) and Yu-Gi-Oh! WCT 2008 (G). All except Yu-Gi-Oh went from "Not Received" to completed, all were delivered on 06-18-15.

I just had the double whammy jackpot of Horses(z) 3d for 3ds (cart only) and Free Running for Wii (disc only) clear!  2 games under $9 total, and raked in just over $37!   Free Running got Good, Horses only got acceptable.  Good enough for me.

seems like more are finally moving along too, or at least being acknowledged as received!

7 items processed and rejected. 6 being PS2 games with a value of a little over $1 each. No big deal there, but annoying. The 7th item is not showing up on the list, but it says 7 items rejected. Has anyone had this happen before?
Update to this. Received a package yesterday which included the item that was not showing up. I did not receive the PS2 games. Anyone have this happen before? What are the chances I get those games back?

Monster DNA Headphones rejected immediately. 

"Item with incorrect UPC received."

Tracking shows it was delivered yesterday at 11:30AM, and I got the rejection notice at 9:17AM today. There is no hope on these for this trade in. Auto rejections.

Hopefully it comes back up for trade in for $150+ someday.

Update to this. Received a package yesterday which included the item that was not showing up. I did not receive the PS2 games. Anyone have this happen before? What are the chances I get those games back?
Probably zero, if the trade-in shipment shows only the single UPS tracking number. You could talk with Amazon CS about the missing items and see what they can do.

Tracking shows it was delivered yesterday at 11:30AM, and I got the rejection notice at 9:17AM today. There is no hope on these for this trade in. Auto rejections.

I bet yours went into Processing last Monday like the rest of ours did in order to get them pushed out and rejected because the item didn't show up. Check up a few posts where I had this happen to one of mine and I called Amazon and let them have it.

Probably zero, if the trade-in shipment shows only the single UPS tracking number. You could talk with Amazon CS about the missing items and see what they can do.

I bet yours went into Processing last Monday like the rest of ours did in order to get them pushed out and rejected because the item didn't show up. Check up a few posts where I had this happen to one of mine and I called Amazon and let them have it.
Yea, we had this conversation already about the Processing issue.

I saw your post about rejection, it sounds they won't do anything about it? Just a return? I'm not going to bother if they won't do anything about it. I'll just wait it out. It's pretty deterring to trade ins to pull this stunt. I have spent $80-100 on headsets many times and traded them in no problem. Then I drop $208 and get rejected due to their error. Not cool. Makes it hard to be confident on bigger trades. I don't really bother too much with the $5-10 trades unless I can order them directly from Gamestop and throw them back in the mail. I don't drive around to stores hunting.

So to lose confidence in these bigger trades puts a pretty big damper on my parade.

Hey guys I'm about to send my first console in but I'm just wondering, what is needed for the trade in to get good? I saw that I don't need packaging and it's a bundle so would I just need the complete copies of the games included as well as all cords and controller? Or can I just send the console and games in?

Hey guys I'm about to send my first console in but I'm just wondering, what is needed for the trade in to get good? I saw that I don't need packaging and it's a bundle so would I just need the complete copies of the games included as well as all cords and controller? Or can I just send the console and games in?
Pretty much just expect to get Acceptable. If you don't want to do the trade in at Acceptable, select to return if it gets downgraded. Send it in with as much stuff as you can. I'd clean it up nicely too.

Just got one of my Mario Kart bundles marked down to acceptable for "Missing Instruction manual"  even though everything was complete fml should have just not sent the game with it.

Oh well.

Now to see how they grade my 2nd one.

I'm afraid if you want "good" you will need everything including packaging and manual. Games that were with the bundle should be in there too unless you with to waltz with Ashley #2.

Now.......this is weird. Two of my Monster Rancher DS games went through, but the Rock Band 3 keyboard is still in that final processing phase. It has been over 24 hours now and I'm a bit nervous. Stuff that no longer has the "The deadline has passed" text underneath the "Processing..." text usually gets done in a couple of hours at max. Very nervous...considering the Monster DNA things went awry. Very sorry to hear that guys. I did tell you all though...even Ashley #2 must love, love, looooove those headphones. Life's too short to listen to bad headphones. That means steer clear of Monster.

Picked up a handful of 99-cent DS games from GameStop with around a dollar TIV.
I'm sure there are better returns, but was looking for the cheapest and quickest way to score some 50% trade coupons and these were the first I came across :

Shaun White Snowboarding (A) $0.64
Barnyard Blast (A) $0.93
Travel Games for Dummies (A) $0.76
Puzzler Collection (A) $0.93

So $3.56 GS credit for $3.26 Amazon credit and 4x trade coupons.

This totally sucks. I abhor when they do shit like this.
Some of the more questionable trades, it's whatever....but these 100% percent match both the UPC (050644710247) and model name (MH DNA OE BKMT NI DCA WW) in Amazon's listings.

Sorry guys

XJhkMLbm.jpg

In other news, New Carnival Games Wii bundle rejected (Wrong Item - Incorrect Edition (?)) and Nintendo Wii Ethernet Adapter accepted (A).

Yea, we had this conversation already about the Processing issue.

I saw your post about rejection, it sounds they won't do anything about it? Just a return? I'm not going to bother if they won't do anything about it. I'll just wait it out. It's pretty deterring to trade ins to pull this stunt. I have spent $80-100 on headsets many times and traded them in no problem. Then I drop $208 and get rejected due to their error. Not cool. Makes it hard to be confident on bigger trades. I don't really bother too much with the $5-10 trades unless I can order them directly from Gamestop and throw them back in the mail. I don't drive around to stores hunting.

So to lose confidence in these bigger trades puts a pretty big damper on my parade.
They said they would take my concern and pass it along to NorAm, as the rep took down what I wanted to tell NorAm, as I repeatedly told him I have no direct way to talk with NorAm. He also said he would take my concern up to his supervisor over the issue.

I'm afraid if you want "good" you will need everything including packaging and manual. Games that were with the bundle should be in there too unless you with to waltz with Ashley #2.

Now.......this is weird. Two of my Monster Rancher DS games went through, but the Rock Band 3 keyboard is still in that final processing phase. It has been over 24 hours now and I'm a bit nervous. Stuff that no longer has the "The deadline has passed" text underneath the "Processing..." text usually gets done in a couple of hours at max. Very nervous...considering the Monster DNA things went awry. Very sorry to hear that guys. I did tell you all though...even Ashley #2 must love, love, looooove those headphones. Life's too short to listen to bad headphones. That means steer clear of Monster.
I blame this all on you since they're Monster branded headphones.

Didn't know that little tidbit about the "The deadline has passed" text disappearing and being a couple of hours from finishing up. Will have to check on that for the future.

This totally sucks. I abhor when they do shit like this.
Some of the more questionable trades, it's whatever....but these 100% percent match both the UPC (050644710247) and model name (MH DNA OE BKMT NI DCA WW) in Amazon's listings.

Sorry guys

XJhkMLbm.jpg
That is why I called as well as read them the riot act. We all checked UPCs before they were ordered and I know I checked model UPC on the website when I received them, plus checked model number as well.

There is zero reason why these wouldn't go through unless NorAm weaseled out of it. Which is what they seem to be doing. When the Amazon rep said in our conversation that part of his response back from NorAm included the phrases "inflated TIV" (his English wasn't great, though he repeated this a few times since I'm sure he didn't know what it meant), I knew this was a bail attempt on the trade-ins. In the T&C, they can cancel out a trade if there's an issue with the TIV, says so clearly. Which is how they should have handled it, not this BS about "Item with incorrect UPC received". They started it processing a week before the item showed up, and it was across the board, in a BS attempt to not pay out the trades.

They should have just mass-canceled them out on the 15th and saved all this crap they're going to get over this ridiculous way they're working to stop.

I have a Plan B and Plan C in hand, if the first one doesn't get changed from Rejected to paid out, as well as not paying out the 2nd one I have, which is still going.

In other news, New Carnival Games Wii bundle rejected (Wrong Item - Incorrect Edition (?)) and Nintendo Wii Ethernet Adapter accepted (A).

They said they would take my concern and pass it along to NorAm, as the rep took down what I wanted to tell NorAm, as I repeatedly told him I have no direct way to talk with NorAm. He also said he would take my concern up to his supervisor over the issue.

I blame this all on you since they're Monster branded headphones.

Didn't know that little tidbit about the "The deadline has passed" text disappearing and being a couple of hours from finishing up. Will have to check on that for the future.

That is why I called as well as read them the riot act. We all checked UPCs before they were ordered and I know I checked model UPC on the website when I received them, plus checked model number as well.

There is zero reason why these wouldn't go through unless NorAm weaseled out of it. Which is what they seem to be doing. When the Amazon rep said in our conversation that part of his response back from NorAm included the phrases "inflated TIV" (his English wasn't great, though he repeated this a few times since I'm sure he didn't know what it meant), I knew this was a bail attempt on the trade-ins. In the T&C, they can cancel out a trade if there's an issue with the TIV, says so clearly. Which is how they should have handled it, not this BS about "Item with incorrect UPC received". They started it processing a week before the item showed up, and it was across the board, in a BS attempt to not pay out the trades.

They should have just mass-canceled them out on the 15th and saved all this crap they're going to get over this ridiculous way they're working to stop.

I have a Plan B and Plan C in hand, if the first one doesn't get changed from Rejected to paid out, as well as not paying out the 2nd one I have, which is still going.
Well....I guess if the NorAm people are lurkers here, maybe Ashley's rocking her Sennheiser Urbanites right now and just hated how the DNAs sounded.

This is total BS though. At least Newegg went out and mentioned the inflated TiV.

And 99% of the trades typically go through in a couple of hours when the "Shipping deadline" text disappears; the RB3 Keyboard is the first thing not to.

It did finally go through...for $21. Got docked from LN to good for "Minor scratches." Everything was pretty intact but considering the first failure, I'll take it.

Speaking of the first, my rejected keyboard came back. Thankfully it's quite fine. Time to figure out who will take this thing off my hands...

That's what they get for thinking that all portable electronics work like smartphones. Very nice find. :cool:

Let's hope your MK DS bundle goes through!

Well....I guess if the NorAm people are lurkers here, maybe Ashley's rocking her Sennheiser Urbanites right now and just hated how the DNAs sounded.

This is total BS though. At least Newegg went out and mentioned the inflated TiV.

And 99% of the trades typically go through in a couple of hours when the "Shipping deadline" text disappears; the RB3 Keyboard is the first thing not to.

It did finally go through...for $21. Got docked from LN to good for "Minor scratches." Everything was pretty intact but considering the first failure, I'll take it.

Speaking of the first, my rejected keyboard came back. Thankfully it's quite fine. Time to figure out who will take this thing off my hands...
Oh, it's complete BS, since NorAm has an out to handle this in the T&C and they didn't follow the rules. Now, they're going to get a bunch of crap over it because they pulled this crap.

That's good to know. Ooh, I should be getting the verdict on my Mario Kart DS bundle soon then...
Good luck.

Oh, it's complete BS, since NorAm has an out to handle this in the T&C and they didn't follow the rules. Now, they're going to get a bunch of crap over it because they pulled this crap.

That's good to know. Ooh, I should be getting the verdict on my Mario Kart DS bundle soon then...
Good luck.

My 1 Mario Kart DS went through as (G). :) Thought I'd get (A) so a nice suprise. It was the one I got from GS. It was the system, the game, game instructions, and some DS instructions like wifi and pictochat or whatever. EDIT: Great day 2nd Datel 4GB went through. 

Crazy part is I still have a pending AC 3DS and those SD cards. I'll have to start buying some groceries or other non-gaming stuff I think. Lol.
I've used my credit for multiple Subscribe and Save orders and one Prime Pantry order, since I had that free shipping credit on the Prime Pantry. I'll probably make another Prime Pantry one as well.

Well, Mario Kart bundle was rejected because the "console does not work." Which is BS, as I tested it and it worked fine. Sucks but that's how it is sometimes. I may trade it in to GS and get some of my cost back.

Well, Mario Kart bundle was rejected because the "console does not work." Which is BS, as I tested it and it worked fine. Sucks but that's how it is sometimes. I may trade it in to GS and get some of my cost back.
I'd wager you some money that it works for you just fine. ;)

Second Monster Headphones just got rejected... in case anyone was holding out hope... there is none.

Second Monster Headphones just got rejected... in case anyone was holding out hope... there is none.
My second one is in process still. We'll see how that shakes out. Not that I have a lot of hope at this point, though if it does get rejected, time for Plan B.

EDIT: My rejected headphones already have a UPS tracking number on them, which is a day after rejection. That has to be some kind of record, as my last three rejections took 1 week, 1 week and 3 weeks respectively to get a UPS tracking number for the return. I guess if they go out tomorrow, I'll have them back on Monday and then time for Plan C.

Well this headphone fiasco just harkens back to the Defiance CE issue a couple of years ago. What I've figured out so far when it comes to questionable rejections are either #1 rejection that varies by the individual (i.e. Ashley Flash Me) or #2 a system wide concerted effort by AFS to not honor a specific item traded in (i.e. Defiance CE). Seems like the headphones are falling under exception number two.

As for the "incorrect UPC" issue, that's the only remaining option they have given the current setup. They could say "item is damaged" but then you'd receive the item inside it's original packaging back anyway. It looks bad if their specific response is "inflated TIV" but then it may just come down to whether they feel like it's worth changing their system to add a specific rejection reason. Bottom line is they've made a company wide decision and are going to use the "incorrect UPC" as their message.

Both my new-in-the-box Monster DNA Pro headphones got rejected as "Wrong Item - Incorrect UPC" today, just as everyone else has reported thus far.

/ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The issue with the 2nd class of rejection tied to "Incorrect UPC" is that there's a listing in the T&C that they can cancel out the trade for incorrect TIV:

We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until We receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
About item conditions:

Rejected Items

Items are inspected upon receipt using the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria will be rejected ("Rejected items"). You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items.
We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Lost, Undeliverable, or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable items in our sole discretion.
"Lost" items are items that are lost in transit.
"Undeliverable" items are items that were rejected and returned to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
"Counterfeit" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.
We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, Incorrect, or Incomplete items.
"Extra" items are items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
"Damaged" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in any acceptable condition.
"Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
"Incomplete" items are items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Condition Criteria (like CD-ROMs) that were included in the original item.
We may, in our sole discretion, accept Incorrect items for trade-in. If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you.
We will return the following Rejected Items to you: Downgraded items.
"Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission.
However, if the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in, and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option, then you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition instead of receiving the item back from us. Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade-In Account .
In addition, we may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.

By their own rules above, they're using an incorrect reason for the trade-in to be rejected, since "Incorrect" means it doesn't match what was listed on the item page. As we all know it did match it, from item # and UPC, that's not a valid reason to reject it for trade. They should just cancel it out, provide a reason that it's an incorrect/inaccurate TIV and return the item back. This farce about it being incorrect isn't valid and it's ridiculous that they can get away with it.

What's worse is that they tipped their hand too early by marking all of the trade-ins as Processing a week before items showed up in their possession. Had they not done it that way, it wouldn't have been as much of an issue as it is.

I'm more curious if other already have return UPS tracking numbers on theirs yet or not, as I've never seen a return be set to be sent back so quickly to date.

As for the "incorrect UPC" issue, that's the only remaining option they have given the current setup. They could say "item is damaged" but then you'd receive the item inside it's original packaging back anyway. It looks bad if their specific response is "inflated TIV" but then it may just come down to whether they feel like it's worth changing their system to add a specific rejection reason. Bottom line is they've made a company wide decision and are going to use the "incorrect UPC" as their message.
I wish they would just change their system to include a selection along the lines of "Trade-In Value Pricing Error" as a rejection reason. And then the auto-response e-mail would say something along the lines of "We strive to stand behind our advertised trade-in values, but occasionally pricing errors occur in our system that we cannot fulfill. We apologize for the inconvenience, etc. etc." Boom. Done. Was that so hard?

This isn't good. If they reject whatever they want as incorrect value, it could prove to be very detrimental for our trades. It's been uncommon for them to do this, but it's becoming more and more commonplace.

I wish they would just change their system to include a selection along the lines of "Trade-In Value Pricing Error" as a rejection reason. And then the auto-response e-mail would say something along the lines of "We strive to stand behind our advertised trade-in values, but occasionally pricing errors occur in our system that we cannot fulfill. We apologize for the inconvenience, etc. etc." Boom. Done. Was that so hard?
Check the post right above yours. They do have an out for it, though they don't use it since it's likely too much work for them. :bomb:

They should follow their own rules, email you about the TIV being wrong, ask you if you want the "correct" TIV and if so, process the trade, if not, send the item back. None of this BS about the incorrect item with incorrect UPC when it's clearly the right item with the right UPC.

I'm almost expecting the item to be back in new and sealed condition when I get mine back, since UPC checking doesn't involve taking the item out of the box.

Check the post right above yours. They do have an out for it, though they don't use it since it's likely too much work for them. :bomb:

They should follow their own rules, email you about the TIV being wrong, ask you if you want the "correct" TIV and if so, process the trade, if not, send the item back. None of this BS about the incorrect item with incorrect UPC when it's clearly the right item with the right UPC.

I'm almost expecting the item to be back in new and sealed condition when I get mine back, since UPC checking doesn't involve taking the item out of the box.

Sorry for the double post.

Just cracked open my Wii Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle from being returned and lo and behold, the keyboard looks to be in great condition and back in its original box.

However, the copy of Rock Band 3 Wii wasn't returned.  Nowhere in the box, not anywhere to be found, nope, didn't send it back.

Closest replacement copy of the game is 30+ miles away. 

:bomb:

Sorry for the double post.

Just cracked open my Wii Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle from being returned and lo and behold, the keyboard looks to be in great condition and back in its original box.

However, the copy of Rock Band 3 Wii wasn't returned. Nowhere in the box, not anywhere to be found, nope, didn't send it back.

Closest replacement copy of the game is 30+ miles away.

:bomb:
Taking pics before sending anything out has become mandatory. We're dealing with careless/possibly shady individuals that aren't very good at their job.

[quote name="BrianJason" post="12767282" timestamp="1435196855"]Taking pics before sending anything out has become mandatory. We're dealing with careless/possibly shady individuals that aren't very good at their job.[/quote]
Makes me wonder what I'll get back when my New Carnival Games bundle comes back, which was also rejected for the same reason. If that doesn't come back complete, I am going to be looking for someone's hide to nail to a wall.

Looks like it will be pics for anything save single games being traded in. Which I did for the SanDisk items and the MadCatz items before they went out and may need.

Makes me wonder what I'll get back when my New Carnival Games bundle comes back, which was also rejected for the same reason. If that doesn't come back complete, I am going to be looking for someone's hide to nail to a wall. Looks like it will be pics for anything save single games being traded in. Which I did for the SanDisk items and the MadCatz items before they went out and may need.
I would contact them. You may have no proof, but I'm certain they'll do something for you if you tell them.

bread's done
Back