Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

Where do I trade in video games on Amazon?

On the Amazon Video Game Trade-In Store or on all (desktop) video games product detail pages. Customers can find the trade-in feature right below the price and above the platform selection on all desktop video games product detail pages while shopping for new video games.

-- FAQ

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO HANDSOMEPETE, DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 1/18/2015)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What are Amazon's T&Cs for trade-ins?

Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions

• Your participation in the trade-in program (the "Program") is subject to the terms and conditions stated below, Amazon.com's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and all rules and policies for the Program included on Amazon.com, including those stated in Frequently Asked Questions and Help pages (collectively, "Program Terms").
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program must be shipped only from the United States or APO/FPO, and you must have a physical address or P.O. Box located in the United States or APO/FPO. Products shipped from outside the United States or APO/FPO may not be accepted or returned.
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program are subject to acceptance by us, and may be purchased by us or a third-party merchant participating in the Program.
  • Items we accept will be purchased from you and you will be paid for the items with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for the value of your trade-in. Amazon.com Gift Cards are subject to the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms & Conditions. The Amazon.com Gift Card(s) will be deposited directly into your Amazon.com account. You will not be entitled to any other payment for items you submit for trade-in using the Program.
  • You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in using the Program, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Program Terms. We may use a stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen.
  • The items you submit must meet the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or such items will be rejected. Rejected items will be subject to the Rejected Items terms and conditions below.
  • Prior to choosing a condition for your item, you must review the condition description presented to you during the trade-in submission process, inspect your item thoroughly and ensure that it meets the condition criteria you specify. We will inspect your item against the same condition criteria.
  • We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until We receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
  • We reserve the right to cancel any trade-in in our sole discretion, including without limitation if certain quantity limits are reached. If we cancel a trade-in that you have already shipped, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for a canceled trade-in.
  • We may terminate your participation in the Program at any time in our sole discretion, including without limitation if you submit items for trade-in that do not meet the condition criteria you specify or are counterfeit or stolen.
  • We may revise the Program Terms at any time and may suspend or terminate the Program at any time without notice to you.

Rejected Items
  • Items are inspected upon receipt using the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria will be rejected ("Rejected items"). You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items.
  • We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Lost, Undeliverable, or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable items in our sole discretion.
    "Lost" items are items that are lost in transit.
  • "Undeliverable" items are items that were rejected and returned to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
  • "Counterfeit" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, Incorrect, or Incomplete items.
  • "Extra" items are items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
  • "Damaged" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in any acceptable condition.
  • "Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
  • "Incomplete" items are items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Condition Criteria (like CD-ROMs) that were included in the original item.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, accept Incorrect items for trade-in. If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you.
[*]We will return the following Rejected Items to you: Downgraded items.
  • "Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission.

[*]However, if the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in, and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option, then you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition instead of receiving the item back from us. Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade-In Account .
[*]In addition, we may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.

Instant Payment
  • If you are eligible for and choose to participate in Instant Payment, you will receive Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV at the time you initiate a trade-in.
  • Your participation in Instant Payment is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as the Program Terms.
  • Eligibility for Instant Payment is determined at our sole discretion and may change at any time without notice.
  • Instant Payment may be offered on eligible trade-ins and you have the option to accept or reject this option for a trade-in. Once your choice is made for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed.
  • Instant Payment requires you to select a valid payment method which you have the legal right to use. Once the payment method is selected for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed
  • If you selected Instant Payment and we have delivered you an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV, then you authorize us to:
    charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if you cancel the trade-in;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if no items are received within 25 calendar days;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for any Rejected item, unless the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option; and
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) less an amount equal to the actual TIV for the trade-in product determined in the grading process if the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option.

[*]We will not be liable for any charges, interest, or other fees incurred by you due to the need to charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s).
[*]In the event your payment method must be charged but the transaction cannot be completed successfully, we reserve the right to pursue any available remedies.
[*]We may limit or restrict the number and amount of Instant Payment trade-ins you can place in our sole discretion, including under the following scenarios:
  • You have Instant Payments outstanding
  • Your payment method failed validation
  • We were unable to charge your payment method successfully
  • Any abuse of this program

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Carry on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use both and the main difference between the sites is Slickdeals users don't discourage fraud/sketchy shit like CAGers seem to.

Is that really what this community is about now. Shunning people from deals b/c they are on another site (though most of use are on both). Shame.
Whats there to shun though? Anyone can read about deals (here) and go do their own thing, right? Dont we loosely refer them to be 'lurkers' ?

I am honestly asking...not trying to put anyone down or anything.

Mine got cancelled too, luckily I ordered 2 additional from drugstore deals at a higher price. Those ones shipped.

Why didn't you go crazy this weekend? I was out of the trade in game for a while myself, but after the Gamestop prices I had to go apeshit. I'm sitting on 3325 in Kindle cards and most likely a banned over three propowerup accounts. ;-)
I have no idea what you are talking about. All I knew about last week was the 50% trade-in bonus at GS but you needed coupons for that and I didn't get any when I bought used games. A CAG did give me one to use last Monday that I used for 1 game. I had no idea what happened over the weekend.

That's some bad business right there. They even went back up for sale later on. Glad it was sold out from them when I ordered from drugstore.

I have no idea what you are talking about. All I knew about last week was the 50% trade-in bonus at GS but you needed coupons for that and I didn't get any when I bought used games. A CAG did give me one to use last Monday that I used for 1 game. I had no idea what happened over the weekend.
50% TiV bonus coupon on top of another promo in the weekend where they boosted the TiV of over 60 games by alot. For example Fire Emblem Awakening was getting $35 base before coupon, when they sell the game for $38 before PUR discount. It was boomerang heaven. Many of us hit the trade limit and got trade banned.

At the same time Best Buy was having a b1g1 50% off sale on 3ds games where if you bought 2 it'd cost $44 plus tax, and many of the games traded into gamestop for $40 with the promos.

On the subject of GH/RB guitars, I went 0 for 3 today on two PS3 ones and a PS2. They were rejected for item damaged and item doesn't work, respectively. Pretty excited (not) to see how they come back. We are having a yard sale in a couple weeks, I may just say screw it and toss them in it and be done.

50% TiV bonus coupon on top of another promo in the weekend where they boosted the TiV of over 60 games by alot. For example Fire Emblem Awakening was getting $35 base before coupon, when they sell the game for $38 before PUR discount. It was boomerang heaven. Many of us hit the trade limit and got trade banned.

At the same time Best Buy was having a b1g1 50% off sale on 3ds games where if you bought 2 it'd cost $44 plus tax, and many of the games traded into gamestop for $40 with the promos.
I did see the Best Buy B1G1 50% off and I was looking up the values on the GS site (though I didn't know about the special bonus prices - not sure if those were reflected in the trade-in estimator or not). But the lack of GS giving out the coupons like they did in the past when I used to get stacks of them meant I didn't have any (even though like I said I bought some used stuff - got no coupon). I wouldn't have wanted to do the trade-ins without the 50% bonus so that whole thing didn't really apply to me anyway. Oh wells...

My theory now when it comes to headsets in original packaging is that if the trade-in slip doesn't have an EAN, you're probably fucked.

Looking at recent headset trade-ins:

PRODUCT                               TRADE SLIP EAN   LN TIV  RESULT

Polk Audio Striker Zx                 0747192125226    $58.91  Most Accepted

Tritton Warhead 7.1                   0041114172344   $171.00  Most Accepted

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP SEVEN MLG   0012303536698   $171.00  Most Accepted

Monster DNA Pro Over-Ear Headphones   NONE            $166.37  MOST REJECTED

It seems that if there is a trade slip EAN to match up to a UPC on the box, chances are better of being accepted.  And if there is no EAN on the trade slip, it's like NorAm/AFS workers just see an amount over $20 or whatever and say "I'm too busy/dumb/lazy to take the time to investigate further to verify this item... there's no trade slip EAN, so fuck it, I'm rejecting it as wrong item - incorrect UPC."

I know some people have experienced counter-examples to this.  And while the data above doesn't provide conclusive evidence, it does seem to suggest a possible correlation between trade-slip EAN presence and acceptance rate.

And with all that said, even though the Turtle Beach Call of Duty Black Ops II Sierra Headsets (EAN: 0012303536698) pass the trade-slip EAN test (assuming the EAN matches the box UPC), I'm still bracing myself for mass rejections due to a high amount being traded in all at once.

I did see the Best Buy B1G1 50% off and I was looking up the values on the GS site (though I didn't know about the special bonus prices - not sure if those were reflected in the trade-in estimator or not). But the lack of GS giving out the coupons like they did in the past when I used to get stacks of them meant I didn't have any (even though like I said I bought some used stuff - got no coupon). I wouldn't have wanted to do the trade-ins without the 50% bonus so that whole thing didn't really apply to me anyway. Oh wells...
Yea the coupons were printing out for buying preowned games the week prior as well as 2 weeks prior. Alot of people were trading the coupons on CAG(me included) for like $10, but given that the added coupon could add hundreds of dollars of extra profit I'm sure most were ok with that small cost.

But thats over with. Just add it to the list of missed chances. Like how I missed the epic Best buy half off glitch, or me sleeping through AWD glitches... More will come later. :)

Is that really what this community is about now. Shunning people from deals b/c they are on another site (though most of use are on both). Shame.
Most SDers think we're scum of the earth, so I have no love for them one bit. Most of the stuff that goes on there is nothing different than would be on here versus some super-sketchy stuff, so they're swimming in hypocrisy.

Ditto for both
That'll teach me to sit on it next time.
Sucks for you not to get on it and you're the one posting it.

The coupons made it Boomerangmania as you could make profit with buying games from one GS and trading them in at another GS with the 50% trade bump coupon.

One example is MLB 15 PS4, which you could have bought at BB a month or so ago for $16 after GCU discount and additional GCU discount and trade in for $56 with the coupon. At GS, you could have picked it up for under $34 with PUR Pro and credit at one GS and trade it in elsewhere for $56. Rinse and repeat with numerous options. I dabbled more than a little in it myself.

Does amazon count cancellations against sellers like ebay does? My glasses got cancelled too and I feel like the seller deserves a negative rating but it looks like there is no option for an item cancelled.

Most SDers think we're scum of the earth, so I have no love for them one bit. Most of the stuff that goes on there is nothing different than would be on here versus some super-sketchy stuff, so they're swimming in hypocrisy.

Ditto for both
Sucks for you not to get on it and you're the one posting it.

The coupons made it Boomerangmania as you could make profit with buying games from one GS and trading them in at another GS with the 50% trade bump coupon.

One example is MLB 15 PS4, which you could have bought at BB a month or so ago for $16 after GCU discount and additional GCU discount and trade in for $56 with the coupon. At GS, you could have picked it up for under $34 with PUR Pro and credit at one GS and trade it in elsewhere for $56. Rinse and repeat with numerous options. I dabbled more than a little in it myself.

My theory now when it comes to headsets in original packaging is that if the trade-in slip doesn't have an EAN, you're probably fucked.

Looking at recent headset trade-ins:

PRODUCT TRADE SLIP EAN LN TIV RESULT

Polk Audio Striker Zx 0747192125226 $58.91 Most Accepted

Tritton Warhead 7.1 0041114172344 $171.00 Most Accepted

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP SEVEN MLG 0012303536698 $171.00 Most Accepted

Monster DNA Pro Over-Ear Headphones NONE $166.37 MOST REJECTED

It seems that if there is a trade slip EAN to match up to a UPC on the box, chances are better of being accepted. And if there is no EAN on the trade slip, it's like NorAm/AFS workers just see an amount over $20 or whatever and say "I'm too busy/dumb/lazy to take the time to investigate further to verify this item... there's no trade slip EAN, so fuck it, I'm rejecting it as wrong item - incorrect UPC."

I know some people have experienced counter-examples to this. And while the data above doesn't provide conclusive evidence, it does seem to suggest a possible correlation between trade-slip EAN presence and acceptance rate.

And with all that said, even though the Turtle Beach Call of Duty Black Ops II Sierra Headsets (EAN: 0012303536698) pass the trade-slip EAN test (assuming the EAN matches the box UPC), I'm still bracing myself for mass rejections due to a high amount being traded in all at once.
That is some genius level work you did right there. It would certainly explain why the Monster DNAs keep getting rejected for incorrect UPC, since it wouldn't match a non-existent EAN on the trade-in slip. Sounds like NorAm is just being giant douches on not getting their stuff correct and taking the easy way out than doing their job.

I do have one correct submission on the Monster DNA headphones, though I am sure I'm the only one out of the group in here. Also, the bigger test for that will be my new submission that has a less than $100 TIV, though still has no EAN on the trade-in slip. That might be the the point where they don't give a shit and bounce it than do their work to match it up.

I'm counting more than 6 with the folks that got option #1 ... lol in for cancellations. Thanks slade.

Just got my guitar straps and Top Spins all accepted with good values. I sent them in with the cases - success!

maxresdefault.jpg
^

1218583.jpg

Just got a cancellation email for my one pair of glasses from Jinx :(
Ditto for both
Sorry to hear about you guys! sladeums, knowing you, you will recover with another astounding trade so keep recline surfing bud and speedy recovery to you! :joystick:

As far as the headset trade ins go, personally after all the Monster headphones fiasco I am sitting out of the headset trade ins for now. Either way good luck to everyone.

P.S. leecy, love the new avatar. :)

^

1218583.jpg

Sorry to hear about you guys! sladeums, knowing you, you will recover with another astounding trade so keep recline surfing bud and speedy recovery to you! :joystick:

As far as the headset trade ins go, personally after all the Monster headphones fiasco I am sitting out of the headset trade ins for now. Either way good luck to everyone.

P.S. leecy, love the new avatar. :)
DS2U, take a look up at the post made by hatback, as it explains why the Monster headphones keep getting dumped and why others seem to go through OK.

Something we seem to have missed and since I sent mine back in for the nth time, we'll see if the TIV is under $100 and they don't knee jerk it as "UPC != EAN, so kick it to the curb" or do their work to actually process it. They do process stuff without UPCs on the games all the times, though we'd have to check to see if stuff sent in disc only/cart only/no box/without UPC only works if the TIV is below a certain point, or just applies to non-accessory items.

I know I've sent in bundle items without UPCs and had them go without issue to be processed, though I think they all had EANs on the trade-in info. I'd have to go back through old trade-ins to see, though it would make sense of why the Monster headphones keep getting rejected.

EDIT:

Two things:

1) Looks like this is the only thing I have in my trade-in history that is lacking a EAN are those Monster DNA headphones. Nothing else, and it was 40+ pages of trade-ins I went through.

2) The eBay seller gave my headsets to FedEx, though they're going SmartPost, so it'll be USPS delivery at the end. Make that early next week at the minimum for them showing up to me.

Does amazon count cancellations against sellers like ebay does? My glasses got cancelled too and I feel like the seller deserves a negative rating but it looks like there is no option for an item cancelled.
Yes, even though you can't leave feedback for cancelled orders, Amazon does count cancellations against sellers' metrics. Amazon wants sellers to work toward achieving and maintaining a pre-fulfillment cancel rate of less than 2.5% (Source).

If the seller's cancel rate falls slightly below 2.5%, then most likely nothing will happen. But if it falls significantly below, then the seller is at risk of being temporarily suspended or blocked from selling on Amazon.

No offense but most SDers have no clue what CAG is. Mainly the gaming threads obviously do but with 100k+ users, "most" don't know about CAG. And with that, very few hate CAG and most get their deals from here and vice versus. I've seen the same users on here on there too.

If you actually go on SD, what is disliked here is disliked there. People are more open about reselling and glitches but let's not pretend that talk doesn't happen here. Hell the BB 50% glitch a few weeks ago was widely popular here in comparison to the same thread on SD.

My point, we're both essentially the same group. One is larger. Both talks hypocritical shit to the other.

Let me blindly hate slickdeals while partaking in their deals ok?

I need to blame someone when I miss out on deals :)

My luck continues...got an Amored Core 360 from gs.com and it came refurbed,white stuff in the middle,and 2 small cracks...needless to say its going back.

Edit: sladeums sorry to hear about your order...feel better!

I had my wisdom teeth taken out of me during my teen years. I was drugged up beyond recognition for a good 48 hours. They had to cut extra deep and cut the teeth in half to extract them. I know what it feels like; hang in there man you'll be all right.
They did the same thing to me. When I woke up from the anesthesia, I kept insisting that my pants were unzipped. I also asked the cute hygienist to move in with me...at least that is what they told me.

Could have been time off from testicular reduction surgery due to testicular elephantiasis, so I guess it's not all bad, right?
I had a hernia repair after I saved Kevin Bacon from a burning building (a true story for another day). One of my testicles was the size of a racquetball and I couldn't take the Vicodin because it gave me a racing heartbeat. I ended up taking Advil until I healed. The red wings won the cup that year, so it was nice to watch it from my parents couch. I had to get up during the night to take a piss and I tore my gut open from getting up. I took some Advil and went back to bed. When I woke up my t-shirt was covered with blood around my belly button. I didn't go back to the hospital, because it seemed like the bleeding stopped. People were a lot tougher back then (in 2002). :nottalking:

No offense but most SDers have no clue what CAG is. Mainly the gaming threads obviously do but with 100k+ users, "most" don't know about CAG. And with that, very few hate CAG and most get their deals from here and vice versus. I've seen the same users on here on there too.

If you actually go on SD, what is disliked here is disliked there. People are more open about reselling and glitches but let's not pretend that talk doesn't happen here. Hell the BB 50% glitch a few weeks ago was widely popular here in comparison to the same thread on SD.

My point, we're both essentially the same group. One is larger. Both talks hypocritical shit to the other.
Agreed. Change your name to "ThatOneGuyWhoIsDiplomatic". Unfortunately way too many bitter CAGs, unfortunately those who express their frustrations on active members of other forums are way too delusional to see their own online behavior/character.

Whats there to shun though? Anyone can read about deals (here) and go do their own thing, right? Dont we loosely refer them to be 'lurkers' ?

I am honestly asking...not trying to put anyone down or anything.
My main beef with SD is it's shear size. Once a good deal or trade get's posted there it's dead pretty fast. With more users you of course get more fools ruining stuff faster with 100 games per order stunts on a glitch that might of gone through had everyone bought 1 instead. It goes on here, I guilty of it sometimes too, but at a slower rate.

Yes, even though you can't leave feedback for cancelled orders, Amazon does count cancellations against sellers' metrics. Amazon wants sellers to work toward achieving and maintaining a pre-fulfillment cancel rate of less than 2.5% (Source).

If the seller's cancel rate falls slightly below 2.5%, then most likely nothing will happen. But if it falls significantly below, then the seller is at risk of being temporarily suspended or blocked from selling on Amazon.
Thank you for explaining that to me. It doesn't change the situation for guys like slade and I but at least it's a small consolation that there is some sort of effect.

My luck continues...got an Amored Core 360 from gs.com and it came refurbed,white stuff in the middle,and 2 small cracks...needless to say its going back.

Edit: sladeums sorry to hear about your order...feel better!
I had that issue as well, I just took it to BB for some credit ($7.70 with GCU) instead since 50% bonus gave me plenty if GS credit.

DS2U, take a look up at the post made by hatback, as it explains why the Monster headphones keep getting dumped and why others seem to go through OK.
I saw his explanation and that made sense. However, still sitting out on the big ones at the moment. Too much noise being created between the two sites (us and sd). I have a feeling that trades will go fine but I also prefer credit to credit trades versus cash to credit.

Anyways, back on topic. This one was "limited" in the sense that it was the first print run copy and included a collectible card. Hence, you may come across one:

:360: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (Limited)
Amz (G) $24.00 (A) $20.99 | GS (PO) $9.99 (w/ PUR) $8.99

I saw his explanation and that made sense. However, still sitting out on the big ones at the moment. Too much noise being created between the two sites (us and sd). I have a feeling that trades will go fine but I also prefer credit to credit trades versus cash to credit.

Anyways, back on topic. This one was "limited" in the sense that it was the first print run copy and included a collectible card. Hence, you may come across one:

Both are GS links http://www.amazon.com/Naruto-Shippuden-Ultimate-Ninja-Generations-Limited/dp/B005D5LXSK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1438740076&sr=8-7&keywords=Naruto+Shippuden%3A+Ultimate+Ninja+Storm+Generations

Also Thanks, locked in two and will see if I can find it from the stores that have it.

DS2U, your Amazon link is linking to the GS page. All the flip mania this weekend getting to you? :)

i couldnt figure out what they wanted for that.

i saw a couple with the card but they didnt match the UPC listed. i think even the photo on the product page has the wrong UPC.

gonna try to get out to check another one this weekend tho

Your Amazon link is the GS link as well, here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005D5LXSK/ref=twister_B007K6IVOY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Ninja'd.... a lot. That's what I get for not refreshing the page.

i saw a couple with the card but they didnt match the UPC listed. i think even the photo on the product page has the wrong UPC.

Could just send it in without cover art.

DS2U, your Amazon link is linking to the GS page. All the flip mania this weekend getting to you? :)
Your Amazon link is the GS link as well, here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005D5LXSK/ref=twister_B007K6IVOY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Ninja'd.... a lot. That's what I get for not refreshing the page.
91888181d6c7215dc9bd1e6da4c784c7146dce01fdf6f04ded18655de35d9601.jpg

Fixed it! :lol:

Check the upc by taking the picture with Amazon app to see what comes up on the Amazon page for the regular and or other variants. That is what I plan on doing to see what I get for the ones I find. If it does not match the Amazon one then it goes in san's coverart like Darby said.

Amazon TIV UPC =  722674210690

From what I looked at earlier, going through ebay listing pics I found these :

No card/plain = 722674210546

Collectible card = 722674210676

Wal Mart exclusive = 722674210683

If you are having a hard time crossing the $25 to get the free SAVER shipping, tossing in a 50% off guide is a good option. 

It'll save you $1 on a game and the $3.50 shipping... so it's pretty sweet.

[quote name="Rick4Life" post="12848856" timestamp="1438742591"]If you are having a hard time crossing the $25 to get the free SAVER shipping, tossing in a 50% off guide is a good option. [/quote]
SAVER + CAG16 have been working for me intermittently of recent, so trying to use to both has had SAVER disappear from the order.

SAVER + CAG16 have been working for me intermittently of recent, so trying to use to both has had SAVER disappear from the order.
Yea, came out to a few cents above $20 for me with CAG16 after shipping and tax for the two. A few cents above $28 for the two games and a $10 guide with SAVER.

Today is the last day for 50% off guides. Just thought I'd toss it out there. The pickings are very slim at this point.

[quote name="Rick4Life" post="12848876" timestamp="1438743272"]Yea, came out to a few cents above $20 for me with CAG16 after shipping and tax for the two. A few cents above $28 for the two games and a $10 guide with SAVER.

Today is the last day for 50% off guides. Just thought I'd toss it out there. The pickings are very slim at this point.[/quote]
I opted for picking them up in store and see what I have to work with. CAG16 balances out higher price in store though shipping screws that up. Plus, I'm paying tax online with GS credit and not in store, with two copies at stores I normally frequent.

Up to $15.07 / $13.19. Was available for online ordering a minute ago.
Thanks, I know I have seen this a few times around here recently. Also, selling it is an option too; I sold one in the last couple of weeks for around double the (A) value.

bread's done
Back