Amazon trade ins: Hows it working lately?

NWgamer666

CAGiversary!
I am considering trading in my copy of COD: MW2 to amazon for game credit. It's currently listed at $25 in credit, which, while not a whole lot better than Gamestop currently offers for trade in, would be useful to put towards preorder of Halo: reach to qualify for the $20 game credit on future purchases. So I need to know, how long has it been taking to get the trade in credit in the account from date shipped out? If I ship out tomorrow, 9/9, will I get the credit by 9/13/10, to put toward a preorder for Halo: Reach? I'd like people to post with typical processing time for them for trade in credit.

[quote name='NWgamer666']I am considering trading in my copy of COD: MW2 to amazon for game credit. It's currently listed at $25 in credit, which, while not a whole lot better than Gamestop currently offers for trade in, would be useful to put towards preorder of Halo: reach to qualify for the $20 game credit on future purchases. So I need to know, how long has it been taking to get the trade in credit in the account from date shipped out? If I ship out tomorrow, 9/9, will I get the credit by 9/13/10, to put toward a preorder for Halo: Reach? I'd like people to post with typical processing time for them for trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, it usually takes 1-2 weeks for my trade-in's to get credited. I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with Other M, but it wasn't going to make it in time.

Luckily there is always something else to buy, and you'll have to spend that $20 game credit from Halo Reach at Amazon eventually.

or you could just sell it on ebay and get $30-35 depending on condition and get pay right away

The last time I sent stuff in it took 5 days exactly - sent on Wed. 8/25 and credited on Mon. 8/30. The time before that it took 7 days. So no, you probably won't be credited before 9/13.

[quote name='62t']or you could just sell it on ebay and get $30-35 depending on condition and get pay right away[/QUOTE]
after ebay fees? I doubt it.

even with fees, if he sold it for $30, it would still be more than $25 credit. ebay + paypal fees is much less than everyone assumes:roll:

It really all depends on how fast it gets there. When they get it, they credit your account that same day. Personally, I don't mind just paying for Priority shipping because I know it'll get there in 3 days and I'll get my credit ASAP.

Edit: I've sent in 5 boxes over the last month and was credited the same day they got the package every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the first time I traded to them, I didn't get my credit until three days after they received the package. Went much quicker the second time around.

bread's done
Back