Amazon: Tuesday-Only Xbox 360 HD DVD Special Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsp1976

CAG Veteran
I just received an email from Amazon I thought I would pass along:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased or is interested in Xbox 360 games and accessories at Amazon.com, you might like to know that on Tuesday, December 17, you can get a 3-in-1 HD DVD set, "The Bourne Trilogy," as a gift with the purchase of a new Xbox 360 HD DVD player.

An Amazon.com exclusive HD DVD collection, "The Bourne Trilogy" is a $49 value. You'll also get "King Kong" on HD for free in the box with your new Xbox 360 HD DVD player. Plus, you'll be eligible to participate in a mail-in offer to get five more HD DVDs to boot.

Check now to see today's offer or be sure to come back on Tuesday, December 17 to get your new HD DVD player and "The Bourne Trilogy" 3-in-1 boxed set.

This offer is good while quantities last.

I received the same email...........I had the add-on and sold it. Now I have an A2. Guess I could sell for profit with the movies I would receive. Maybe not much profit but who knows. :)

Where is the link? Or is there a link? Thanks...

[quote name='rsp1976']I just received an email from Amazon I thought I would pass along:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has purchased or is interested in Xbox 360 games and accessories at Amazon.com, you might like to know that on Tuesday, December 17, you can get a 3-in-1 HD DVD set, "The Bourne Trilogy," as a gift with the purchase of a new Xbox 360 HD DVD player.

An Amazon.com exclusive HD DVD collection, "The Bourne Trilogy" is a $49 value. You'll also get "King Kong" on HD for free in the box with your new Xbox 360 HD DVD player. Plus, you'll be eligible to participate in a mail-in offer to get five more HD DVDs to boot.

Check now to see today's offer or be sure to come back on Tuesday, December 17 to get your new HD DVD player and "The Bourne Trilogy" 3-in-1 boxed set.

This offer is good while quantities last.[/quote]

I just the Bourne Trilogy today from Amazon (great deal) and then I saw this in my email......

I bought the HD DVD player a few weeks ago from Ritz Camera for $140 with the PayPal deal.....

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Already posted and being talked about in the Holiday Deals thread....[/QUOTE]
Link to this "Holiday Deals thread" you speak of?

i have a problem buying the 360 add on because I want my hddvd player to last for years from now. With the way my 360 dies (and how long will ms fix them) the hd add on will be obsoloete in a few years even if hd wins the war. There is no way to use this as a standalone device is there?

[quote name='hhhdx4']I can never understand why people get so worked up about an extra thread on the front page.[/quote]

This man speaks the truth.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I can never understand why people get so worked up about an extra thread on the front page.[/quote]

Because it adds to clutter, with more clutter there's a better chance of missing some legit deals because those threads get buried by unneeded, repetitive ones. capice?

I think if some had it their way we'd have one thread for each store and then topics would get posted in each.

"What? Why'd you post Best Buy has Mass Effect for $39.99??? That's already in the Best Buy thread!!!"

While not necessarily true for this thread, I think good deals should get posted outside of their "normal" stickied threads so others who don't want to read 200 pages can easily find a deal they're interested in just by browsing topics.

[quote name='bossman']Is this for today or tomorrow because Tuesday is the 18th and today is the 17th?[/quote]

Yes, that is a typo; I'm looking at the e-mail right now.

If you look at the Amazon page for the HD DVD player, however, it doesn't mention anything about the Bourne pack. Moreover, it has the "10 Days. 10 Deals." banner, but there's already a deal for that.

Therefore, I must conclude that the day in question is Tuesday, December 18th.

:applause:

[quote name='Phoenix Audubon']Yes, that is a typo; I'm looking at the e-mail right now.

If you look at the Amazon page for the HD DVD player, however, it doesn't mention anything about the Bourne pack. Moreover, it has the "10 Days. 10 Deals." banner, but there's already a deal for that.

Therefore, I must conclude that the day in question is Tuesday, December 18th.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

That's some Encyclopedia Brown type shit right there. Way to go!

[quote name='rcavictor1956']I received the same email...........I had the add-on and sold it. Now I have an A2. Guess I could sell for profit with the movies I would receive. Maybe not much profit but who knows. :)[/quote]

I was thinking about doing the same thing... my motivation though is picture quality. Do you know any difference in the picture from the two players?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']until they sell through the King Kong pack in editions i'm not touching this

i can't own that p.o.s.

not even for a second[/quote]

Huh? What in the world are you talking about?

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Huh? What in the world are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

King Kong is so horrible that it prevents me from buying a 360 HD add on because I refuse to even touch a copy of it for fear of being infected with it's awfulness

I won't support a product that so closely associates itself with such a brutal remake raping of American Cinema culture.

*farts in the general direction of New Zealand*

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Huh? What in the world are you talking about?[/quote]

I believe this person meant that (s)he doesn't want "King Kong", and thus, won't buy the player if it comes with it; they'll wait for a different bonus. :)

I haven't seen KK, so I don't know if I'd like it or not...at least it's free...:lol:

[quote name='Phoenix Audubon']I believe this person meant that (s)he doesn't want "King Kong", and thus, won't buy the player if it comes with it; they'll wait for a different bonus. :)

I haven't seen KK, so I don't know if I'd like it or not...at least it's free...:lol:[/QUOTE]

precisely

i say just watch the original again

but it's up to you

when i watched it though, my eternal soul slid out of my ears and flew away into the sky, never to be seen again...

[quote name='PKRipp3r']precisely

i say just watch the original again

but it's up to you

when i watched it though, my eternal soul slid out of my ears and flew away into the sky, never to be seen again...[/quote]

That was deep.

Yeah that new movie had nothing on the old one. Since when can Jack Black outrun velociraptors?

[quote name='wyy12']That was deep.

Yeah that new movie had nothing on the old one. Since when can Jack Black outrun velociraptors?[/QUOTE]

exactly!

he can't even outrun the other half of Tenacious D.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']precisely
i say just watch the original again but it's up to you when i watched it though, my eternal soul slid out of my ears and flew away into the sky, never to be seen again...[/quote]

Good god man its just a movie not the end of the world. Be happy they give something at least.
I wasn't even impressed with the original movie or all the other lame ones that came out a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back