Amazon: UP and Monsters Inc. and Cars Blu-rays on for $36.47 shipped

I kind of wish I waited on buying UP. I got the UP and Monsters Inc. bundle for $32 shipped. I would have thrown in Cars for an extra $4, but oh well; great deal regardless.

Wish this deal was live just a few days earlier. I also bought the Up/Monsters Inc combo deal, and would have loved to pick up Cars on the cheap.

Sent them an email asking for help, but who knows how that will turn out?

i think im done preordering any of this stuff. everytime i do they throw a better deal out within a few days.

I just went for Cars @ $9.49 with the Up promo code. I'm still hoping they offer me some form of credit with the emails I sent them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I bit. I'm buying movies on blu-ray that I never get around to watching. But Up was so good it'd be worth the $30 by itself, really.

You guys who already bought Up/Monsters Inc, send them an email about the order and ask about applying the PIXARBLU promotion. They let me buy Cars, then they refunded the $26 to my order. I ended up getting Up, Monsters, Inc., Sleeping Beauty, and Cars for $37.46, thanks to the $26 promotion stacking with the previous two $10 promotions.

[quote name='paz9x']i think im done preordering any of this stuff. everytime i do they throw a better deal out within a few days.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Amazon lost me as a pre-order customer for good over all this. I know it's not like they purposely charged MORE, and I know they generally rock for customer service, but pre-ordering created such a lack of flexibility that there's absolutely no reason to do it again. The way the customer service is all over the place with applying deals when people email makes it even more frustrating.

If they had some sort of "pre-order week of release price guarantee" then maybe, but not as things stand now.

Friggin Amazon is preparing my Monsters Inc/Up for shipment, I so would've been all over this... is there any hope to get my $4 copy of Cars by emailing them?

well i emailed them, well see what they can do. id prefer they just credit my account the difference. though im guessing i can refuse the delivery and just reorder everything, thats such a pita though.

Meh, I don't really want Cars so it's no big deal for me. But I am seriously hesitant about pre-ordering anything from Amazon. They've pulled this so many times already with both games and movies in the recent months...

Up was in my gold box today, making it $35.47 for all three. That's a deal I can't pass...up. ;)

Edit: Also got a $5 Video on Demand credit when I placed my order. YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH.

Close to being annoyed by this since I have the Up/Monsters duo shipping already. But I bit on those because of the 4-disc packages, including DVD version. Cars is just a plain ol' 1 Bluray, so I'll stick with the still-excellent DVD version I have on the shelf (especially given I haven't bothered picking up any Bluray player/PS3 just yet...).

But this does indeed make one wary once more about the sometimes TOO fluid nature of Amazon deals.

Thanks now i can return both sealed copy Up & Monsters and get mine $30 back. Spend Extra $6 for Cars is awesome deal :) May pick up extra copy UP for $10 :)

i am surprised nobody is going for the newer cars giftset...you can easily ebay the cars off if you dont want them (the gold one varies between $11-$18) and you get an extra DVD

[quote name='H22A']Close to being annoyed by this since I have the Up/Monsters duo shipping already. But I bit on those because of the 4-disc packages, including DVD version. Cars is just a plain ol' 1 Bluray, so I'll stick with the still-excellent DVD version I have on the shelf (especially given I haven't bothered picking up any Bluray player/PS3 just yet...).

But this does indeed make one wary once more about the sometimes TOO fluid nature of Amazon deals.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

I e-mailed. It's worth a shot. I have CARS, but can use it as a X-Mas gift.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Up was in my gold box today, making it $35.47 for all three. That's a deal I can't pass...up. ;).[/QUOTE]

Good call, I checked my goldbox, Cars blu-ray was in it.

I saw this on twitter yesterday, and jumped at it. I was already looking at picking up Up / Monsters, Inc. from Best Buy w/ the $8 DVD Upgrade coupon ($39.99 before tax,) so this was a no brainer.

This + the $5 Snow White that I picked up a few months ago will be nice additions under the tree this Christmas!

If you preordered UP and MONSTERS INC definitely email them. I did last night and they told me this morning to go ahead and order the CARS bluray and they would give me the $26 discount. So I ordered the CARS giftset and they emailed me back saying that my order total is $0.00. Awesome customer service on this one!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Indeed.

I e-mailed. It's worth a shot. I have CARS, but can use it as a X-Mas gift.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I actually just earlier had Amazon call me and simply focused on knocking an additional $5 off the Up/Monsters duo given how the $10 two-Disney deal suddenly morphed into $15 now.

You reallly have to keep an eye on these guys even post-purchase.

[quote name='H22A']Good luck. I actually just earlier had Amazon call me and simply focused on knocking an additional $5 off the Up/Monsters duo given how the $10 two-Disney deal suddenly morphed into $15 now.

You reallly have to keep an eye on these guys even post-purchase.[/QUOTE]

Which is precisely why the 30 day Price Guarantee was dropped last year.

I think after purchase in 2008 alone (and they ended it after 9/1), I got back like $800 and I didn't spend that much through Amazon. This year, similar stuff would occur.

I emailed them about adding Cars at the cheaper price, and they said they wouldn't do it. So I just went ahead and ordered all three, and will return the unopened Monsters and Up when they arrive for a refund off the original order. Since I've got Prime, it won't cost anything. It would have been easier for them to just give the discount, and they could have saved having to pay the return shipping.

Since you can return items, it's pretty silly that they won't do the post-ship price match, especially for people with Prime. I guess they have fewer people actually doing the re-order then return dance than would just email them for a price match.

Wow, I got shot down on this deal when I email CS, what did you guys say to get Up/Monster Inc. and Cars in the email? I already got Sleeping Beauty and the $8 coupon from Disney so I guess that why I got shot down. :(

Slightly peeved with Amazon...not sure I'll be doing much preordering with them anymore.
Missed out on the Target deal and now missing out on this new and better Amazon deal.

I got denied as well. They told me to reorder and refuse the first shipment. I don't think Cars is worth the hassle but I will probably stop doing pre-orders just like everyone else.

I just sent off an email, I'll get shot down, but I preordered up & monster's inc and yesterday morning I ordered the cars gift set. Then I see this today for $16 less than what i paid for them I'm kinda pissed, but I guess I'll have to live with it. I think I'm going to stop preordering stuff from amazon though.

I would have bitten if there was a different Pixar film besides Cars...that is by far the worst Pixar film in my opinion and I have no interest in owning it. :(

I had ordered the three with the save $10 deal last week. They refunded me $6.47 to my CC to make up for it. Took two emails, first told me to deny the shipment and reorder.

[quote name='SDC']Ugh, I bit. I'm buying movies on blu-ray that I never get around to watching. But Up was so good it'd be worth the $30 by itself, really.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth.... my personal favorite movie of the year.

I got in on the Up & Monster's Inc. Blu-Ray deal, but ended up finding a much better deal at Target with all the coupons out there (was like $12). I'll just return them to Amazon. Its hassle with the return shipping, but its still a better deal.

Placed my order a few hours ago, came out to $33.xx since MI dropped a dollar and UP was in my gold box.

Emailed them about the coupons from the UP/MI thread, now I check my orders and it dropped again to $25.47! Nice.

Came out to 33 bucks for me! Nice! Dont know why its cheaper.... 11 per disc cant complain. I already own Cars so I figure i can sell that for $10 and make this deal even sweeter.

Quick Email to Amazon customer service and I got more money knocked off since cars and Monsters Inc dropped in price, came to $32.10 before tax.

i bit. 35.90 for me after tax (fuck NY). still 12$ per pixar bluray is a good deal. says its shipping Dec 4 - Dec 9 which actually makes me happy, wont hurt as much on my cc invoice, i've spent like 100$ on blurays in the last couple days

crap like an hour after i order, Cars drops another $1. i had a feeling that would happen, ironically, but was afraid theyd cancel the promotion.

the CAG in me wants my dollar back.

Just email them. They will adjust the price.

[quote name='postulio']crap like an hour after i order, Cars drops another $1. i had a feeling that would happen, ironically, but was afraid theyd cancel the promotion.

the CAG in me wants my dollar back.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back