Amazon: UP and Monsters Inc. and Cars Blu-rays on for $36.47 shipped

I emailed Amazon customer service for a $2.50 adjustment, and was DENIED. The following was their response:

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Cars" and "Monsters" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on November 17, 2009 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I emailed them yesterday and they adjusted it within an hour.

The discounts we offer vary from time to time. I see we currently offer a greater discount on the 2 DVDs than we did at the time you placed order.

Since this item hasn't shipped yet, I adjusted the price to reflect the current discounted price.

---- Cars [Blu-ray] $17.49
---- Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] $21.49

These are the price you'll be charged for these items when the order ships.

Now $31.97 w/ FSSS for Up, Monsters and Cars. That is stupid cheap. Bummed that I paid $32.XX for just Monsters and Up a few weeks back. :bomb:

Yeah, after having purchased far more DVDs than I ever really watched & appreciated enough to get my money's worth, I'm feeling extra choosy about my Blu-Rays. Between Netflix and my public library I could see myself owning almost none.

... But three Pixar movies for $31? Are you kidding me?

[quote name='chanster']Just email them. They will adjust the price.[/QUOTE]

done and done !

final price after shity NY tax: 34.79

God I saw this on my phone earlier, so glad that it was still $31.97 when I got home! :) CAG has gotten me so many cheap xmas presents already.

[quote name='vx2']Wow. They gave me the $4.50 difference. Orders now about $20.47 for all three! I love amazon![/QUOTE]

you mean $30.47 right?

[quote name='postulio']done and done !

final price after shity NY tax: 34.79[/QUOTE]

Cars dropped another dollar, after an email they re-adjusted it. 33.72 post tax now.

[quote name='ctrek3']you mean $30.47 right?[/QUOTE]

Got two of em on the goldbox and emailed them about the Monster's Inc. 8$ coupon. See the other UP, MI thread. Definitely $20.47. Good luck!

[quote name='vx2']Got two of em on the goldbox and emailed them about the Monster's Inc. 8$ coupon. See the other UP, MI thread. Definitely $20.47. Good luck![/QUOTE]

:shock: wow i thought i got a good deal at $31.97

What email address/phone number are those of you getting refunds corresponding through?

With both this and the Demon's Souls drop I've gotten their outsourced tech support that gives me some BS form letter about not price matching, completely missing the rationale behind my emails most times.

[quote name='Drek']What email address/phone number are those of you getting refunds corresponding through?

With both this and the Demon's Souls drop I've gotten their outsourced tech support that gives me some BS form letter about not price matching, completely missing the rationale behind my emails most times.[/QUOTE]

email them through the help / customer support button, keep in mind you will only get the price fixed if it hasnt been shipped yet.

Actually i think the offshore CS's are more giving (or just plain lazy.) A majority of my discounts/refunds where from people named foreignly.

bread's done
Back