Amazon + UPS = Bad Idea

seen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
For the second time I get stiffed by UPS for delivery of an Amazon package which was overnight/shipped; the driver didn't even show up and on the web changed the delivery date to the next day.

Does anyone else have issues getting their Amazon items from UPS? If UPS promises to delivery times to their customer (Amazon) they need to make good on those times.

The only time it happened to me was because I missed the package the first day because I left for work at 4pm and he came by at 4:15 and it needed a signature and apparently they unload their trucks at the end of the night. Apparently he forgot to put it back on the truck the next day which was my day off so he didnt attempt to deliver it at all. Third day same thing happened as day 1 so I just called the 1-800 number and said that I would come get it at their center seeing as how its less then 5 miles from my house.

Over the past few weeks Amazon/UPS has failed to deliver two packages on time. Since I paid for Prime, I gave them hell for it.

I called UPS; they couldn't tell me what happened other than they'd forward my request for early delivery and would (I didn't ask for this) issue a refund since they didn't deliver on time. I'm guessing the refund goes straight to Amazon which is unfortunate since when I called Amazon trying to explain what happened they told me to wait 2 more days.

My UPS guy is great. No problems whatsoever using Amazon and UPS. Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your local branch, but I don't think it is representative of the company as a whole.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My UPS guy is great. No problems whatsoever using Amazon and UPS. Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your local branch, but I don't think it is representative of the company as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Same. Have always gotten my Release date delivery and 2 day delivery items on time. Usually UPS doesn't swing by my house 'till later in the afternoon though.

Hopefully this is just a fluke.

I always get it release date but UPS is my far my least favorite and I always get it @ the latest time possible with them. 6-7pm wtf right? Anytime a new comes out i either have to buy it from gamestop or suffer most the day till UPS arrives.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My UPS guy is great. No problems whatsoever using Amazon and UPS. Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your local branch, but I don't think it is representative of the company as a whole.[/QUOTE]
Same here, too. I did get a package once from Square Enix's online store that was pretty banged up, but in general, they're great. I guess UPS is like the post office: it could be a good service or a bad one depending on who's working in your area.

I've had lots of UPS packages from Amazon actually bumped up a day for delivery as recent as a couple of weeks ago, so no complaints here.

add me to the list of good service from UPS. they delivery pretty much at the same time every time, and the one time he was early, he left a note and came back later the same day.

UPS has been the most reliable shipping service in my experience.

I've never had a problem with UPS. All of my shipping problems have been with FedEx Ground. Turns out the driver would just enter that he attempted delivery and never actually stop by my office. At least that happened once. The second time, I didn't realize for a couple months after the fact that I was supposed to get a package and never did. Looked up the shipping info and it was FedEx ground. Maybe FedEx ground doesn't ship to businesses?

I regularly get things overnight (even with prime 2 day shipping) and have never gotten anything late from Amazon in 5 years of buying from them.

The only times anything has ever slipped past the estimated arrival date (which was always earlier than it was supposed to arrive, in other words, order on wednesday, amazon says it'll be here thursday, shows up friday, is when they ship FedEx.

FedEx is always pushing that shit back on me. UPS is rock solid.

Never had a problem with UPS. They actually deliver a day ahead of the scheduled date about half of the time, and are right on time the other half. Fedex on the other hand always bumps back the date by a day or two, and usps has lost a few things. So IMO, Amazon+UPS = Great idea. Sounds like you just have a poor branch/driver.

Recently I've had some issues also. Still waiting on Beauty and the Beast Blu with supposed release day delivery which was yesterday and it still hasn't arrived yet.

[quote name='blissskr']Recently I've had some issues also. Still waiting on Beauty and the Beast Blu with supposed release day delivery which was yesterday and it still hasn't arrived yet.[/QUOTE]

I was just looking at my pre-order for How to Train Your Dragon, which is supposed to be release date delivery, is now showing up as being delivered on 10/19. Good thing its a late present, but I will contact Amazon if it does in fact come on the 19th and not the 15th.

I have zero problems with UPS. Whenever a delivery is scheduled I leave a note on the door saying "Please leave at this door" or "the rental office" if it's a high value item. I think they appreciate that.

[quote name='johnnyRingo']Easy solution for this problem buy it at a retail location.[/QUOTE]:lol:

With the number of people here with Amazon credit from flips/tradins, that idea simply doesn't come into play for them.

If I need something immediately, I'll buy it at a retail store. If I don't mind waiting two days for the item, getting it at a much lower price than retail far more times than not, I'll happily get it at Amazon.

I've never had any issues with UPS shipments sent by Amazon. Other retailers, yes, though again, it's an issue with the package, not with the shipper. Once Amazon hands it off to UPS, it's UPS' issue, not Amazon's.

Anytime I've had something delivered via UPS, whether it was from Gamestop or whoever, the UPS ninja tends to just drop the package on the side step of my house and disappears in a puff of smoke.

It happened with my EA.com package when they had the double/triple code stacking glitch, it happened with my overnight package containing Red Dead Redemption and it happened with at least one other package.

But for some reason on the last package he delivered he rang the doorbell....and still disappeared in said puff of smoke and was gone before I opened the door.:roll:

But at least he actually delivers in daylight hours, as compared to the one mailman we used to have. It'd be going for 5-6 pm some nights before he would be delivering our mail and even then he would sometimes give us mail from the same address number but either one street up or down or in a weird one time event from a street about 5-6 blocks away.

I think it's something on Amazon in terms of delivery, I had a UPS package come two days late earlier last week and a Fedex package sent on Tuesday that was scheduled for Saturday delivery.

I really think it depends on your area. Everything I order from Amazon comes on the day I expect it, if not sooner. I routinely get packages from Fedex that are scheduled for Saturday on Friday instead, and all my UPS packages come the day they should, in the condition that I expect them to be in.

Screw UPS and ship Fed-Ex! (cause i work there)

Honestly, as a Fed-ex driver, 99.9% of the time stuff gets there on-time But there's always the .1% of the time that we fuck up and that's what people hear about. I'm sure UPS has the same issues. Weather,courier error, Mis-labled packges,shipper error, you'd be surprised.

I posted a whole rant about UPS on an Amazon's customer service thread awhile back... but yeah, my items from Amazon shipped by UPS have a tendency to delivered late by a day or two (sometimes longer). Watching the tracking, they completely miss my city and go all over the Bay Area. I've complained to Amazon about the carrier, but they don't seem to care since I'm not a "paying" Prime member. I'm just happy so far my latest packages have been shipped by USPS and FedEx. To my surprise, all my 2-day deliveries lately via FedEx are reaching me next day :)

I love when Amazon uses UPS and hate when they use anything else. Sometimes (since I have prime) when I get the regular 2 day shipping I will get it the next day because Amazon will get it out quick enough, I think usually by 4pm that day.

Yes it depends on where you live.

Once I had to call 1800PICKUPS in the late afternoon. Said my package was delieved but I was in office all day over looking street and no one came.

It has been a while since I've done it, but you can get connected to someone related to your local HUB who can track down the package/driver for you. Long as you catch them early enough. More like a contact person in the area who can then call a driver's supervisor and help coordinate things. They actually CAN order a driver to drop it off before they return to the HUB, no matter how late it is.

I'll have to check if there is a way to find more direct number.

>>>Oh and what did the shipping schedule look like? Was it on Amazon or the UPS tracking number? That way we can figure out where the hicup might have been.

I used to have an awful UPS driver at my old place. It was in the country and they'd literally only deliver one day a week. On top of that, he once had me sign off on stuff then handed me a box that was for the neighbors. I questioned it and told them where they lived. He said he knew, mumbled something about driveways and being late and left. Next time noone was home, he just dropped stuff off for them that was signature required.

Since I've moved, though, the guys around here are great. The two residential delivery guys I know well from my massive amount of Bing orders and the other from work who I think only does businesses. Still, he saved me a farther walk to the drop box one day by taking a package of games I was flipping to amazon when I passed him on the street.

well today i was waiting for a package from amazon all day and i go to the bathroom for less then a minute and i guess it came because when i checked it had Delivery attempted. Please see carrier notice for next delivery attempt or contact the carrier ok so i go look for the carrier notice and i see notting out there and car is in the drive way so he know somone was homeit was out for Delivery at 6.45 am and was Delivery attempted. at 5.15 pm why it take that long is crazy

it was out for Delivery at 6.45 am and was Delivery attempted. at 5.15 pm why it take that long is crazy

UPS technically doesn't have to attempt delivery until 7pm unless you're a business. With regards to the delivery attempted bs, I'd call UPS and see if they can try to re-deliver today if you're lucky.

Yeah, you can try calling them. I've had a couple packages that I missed, I called them and they said the delivery guy is still around the area. Then, either the delivery guy will deliver again or you could chase him down provided he's close enough.

[quote name='starmask2k3']it was out for Delivery at 6.45 am and was Delivery attempted. at 5.15 pm why it take that long is crazy[/QUOTE]

First of all, it wasn't out for delivery at 6:45, it was scanned and loaded in the truck for delivery at 6:45. This thread is pointless, you already said you went to the bathroom and if you live in an area bad enough where the UPS driver couldn't leave it because it is rare when an Amazon package has delivery confirmation. Everybody wants there package at 8am, if you want it early pay for it to get there early. The driver has at least 100 customers and they all want want there's early too, its impossible. The routes get set up accordingly to how they loop to save time, gas and money. First, are the priority packages with commit times, then comes the business or just depends how the area is if it's a mix. Then the Residential, and it's not till after 7pm, business needs to be attempted by 5pm, any known closure would be considered missed there after. I've stayed out delivering past 10pm a few times if you think 5:15 is late for you.

So, if your upset because you had to go the restroom and couldn't here the loud truck, I guess your just sol.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anytime I've had something delivered via UPS, whether it was from Gamestop or whoever, the UPS ninja tends to just drop the package on the side step of my house and disappears in a puff of smoke.[/QUOTE]

Too true! My UPS and Fedex guys both do that! Both are really good about delivering on time, although sometimes its early evening for UPS. Fedex even delivered an Amazon Prime shipped package on a Saturday last week! Prime is the Devil, I have spent more money at Amazon since getting Prime than in the last 5 years combined!

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited 30 days for W@W because the delivery truck flipped over. I wasn't notified until 3 weeks after this happened.

Rarely, if ever, do I begin to believe that one of the big 3 shippers (USPS, FedEx, UPS) is better or worse than the others.

However, this is now twice in 3 months that UPS has screwed up on getting an order shipped via Prime to me on time. Neither one was really time sensitive, but it's annoying. And all Amazon's live chat reps can tell me is to wait until Sunday before I file a claim, even after I have made it blatantly obvious I used Prime for two-day shipping.

So while I am still not 100% convinced, since I have had FedEx set something to me a day later than originally scheduled (it wasn't from Amazon though and was shipped FedEx Ground, so), I am beginning to think that UPS is somewhat problematic.

The only time I have a problem with UPS is when I miss a package that needs to be signed. They always come at noon, on a workday, while I at work. So i ALWAYS miss their packages. So yeah, when it needs a signature, I usually have to go to the local UPS hub and pick it up. Often, they can't find my package for several days. Awesome.

bread's done
Back