Amazon VG Deal of the Day: Bookworm (DS) $12.98

In for one. I have a $10 amazon credit from my Bioshock order. Will give this to the wife who loves bookworm, and she'll play it in bed leaving me alone at night while I play bioshock. Everyone wins.

[quote name='Estebon']In for one. I have a $10 amazon credit from my Bioshock order. Will give this to the wife who loves bookworm, and she'll play it in bed leaving me alone at night while I play bioshock. Everyone wins.[/QUOTE]

or you could man up and put it in her pooper

My wife plays this game on the DS every night before bed - absolutely loves it. Although she is an English teacher so it's right up her alley.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If you own a DSi, you could pick up Bookworm on DSiWare. The games are almost identical.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the DSiWare version is a more stripped down version, lacking some of the gameplay modes the DS cartridge has (no bonus books or multiplayer, for example). Of course, you're getting it for a fraction of the price and without having to carry around the cartridge, so it's sort of a trade-off.

I bit. Bookworm has been endless fun for me on the PC and GBA (aside from it having a bad freeze glitch when you hit 50,000 IIRC)

Does the DS version have anything that the iPhone version doesn't? I've already got it on the iPhone, but might bite if this one adds anything worthwhile.

i dont think the game has quest mode like the PC versions do

Would of paid 10...13 is too high for a game that normally cost 20 (meaning there will be tons of times you can get it for 15)

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention: This game has to be held sideways (like brain age/crossworDS/Hotel Dusk), but according to user reviews there's no left-handed option like every other sideheld game ever made for the DS.

I'm left-handed, so this may be an issue. I knew there was a reason why I didn't buy this earlier. We'll see...

I lol'd at all the "my wife/gf/etc. loves this" stuff- both my girlfriend AND her mom are totally into this game. XP

I wouldn't get this at Amazon's price, though- I ended up buying it for my phone for around $8 a year ago. Since most people take their phones everywhere, it works good for some fun on the go, or during a particularly boring part of the day you may not have expected. As some others have mentioned, though, there weren't any options for multiplayer, etc.- there was only one mode. And if you're worried about wearing down your phone's battery and have a DSi, there's always the DSiWare version.

Entertaining game, though. The better you get, the more disappointing it is when you die after reaching ridiculously high amounts. It's a vicious cycle. :p 5 million is the highest I've ever gotten, and I'm happy with that.

[quote name='Kerig']Forgot to mention: This game has to be held sideways (like brain age/crossworDS/Hotel Dusk), but according to user reviews there's no left-handed option like every other sideheld game ever made for the DS.

I'm left-handed, so this may be an issue. I knew there was a reason why I didn't buy this earlier. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Dammit! I was really looking forward to this one, but guess I'll be canceling my order. :(

Thanks for posting this.

bread's done
Back