Amazon Video Game Deal of the Day (Fri 10.07.2011): Move Battle Rifle for PS3: $20.99

[quote name='zanbeak']thanks but i already knew that Amazon sucks especially with their crap preorder deals now.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about "sucks"; Wal-mart "sucks", Gamestop "sucks", but Amazon? I (and I think most of us on this forum) have snagged more than a steal or two from them; keep coming back...

[quote name='zanbeak']thanks but i already knew that Amazon sucks especially with their crap preorder deals now.[/QUOTE]haha what?!

[quote name='zanbeak']thanks but i already knew that Amazon sucks especially with their crap preorder deals now.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Amazon sucks? Care to elaborate?

I myself dont think Amazon sucks, but Ive had nothing but a headache with my last few order...First Gears of War 3 console i received was DOA, second came in a dented box, and my dark souls collectors edition art book is falling apart. I still get a bunch of deals through amazon tho so I cant complain too much....quality as of late seems to be slipping tho.

[quote name='shadowkast']haha what?![/QUOTE]
That was my exact reaction :lol:

your wondering why i said amazon sucks? because: 1 year ago they had awesome deals like 58$ games with 10-20$ promo credits. alot of good games had 20 credit deals like killzone3 or ac brotherhood or blackops, etc.

this year almost all their good games ar 59.99 with NO credit.

Dark souls had NO credit
BF3 has NO credit
MW3 has NO credit
Uncharted 3 has NO credit

these all release in like 3 weeks. all amazon has is some 10$ credits on some crappier games. i have been monitoring their prices since september 2010 and my verdict is they suck right now for preorders. newegg sold alot of preorders for 48$ bucks with free shipping no tax. what has amazon done?? NOTHING. i was expecting 20 credits on all the games newegg dropped in price for preorder, yet amazon did NOTHING.

100 bucks says amazon will release BF3,MW3,UC3 just as they released dark souls = with ZERO credit. thank you amazon. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is that way -->:applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='zanbeak']your wondering why i said amazon sucks? because: 1 year ago they had awesome deals like 58$ games with 10-20$ promo credits. alot of good games had 20 credit deals like killzone3 or ac brotherhood or blackops, etc.

Dark souls had NO credit
BF3 has NO credit
MW3 has NO credit

these all release in like 3 weeks. all amazon has is some 10$ credits on some crappier games. i have been monitoring their prices since september 2010 and my verdict is they suck right now for preorders. newegg sold alot of preorders for 48$ bucks with free shipping no tax. what has amazon done?? NOTHING. i was expecting 20 credits on all the games newegg dropped in price for preorder, yet amazon did NOTHING.

100 bucks says amazon will release BF3,MW3,UC3 just as they released dark souls = with ZERO credit. thank you amazon. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is that way -->:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Amazon will go bankrupt because they're NOT giving away free things? Um...I don't want to get side-tracked here, but can you just take a second to please explain why you believe Amazon is going to go bankrupt by not offering credit with new game releases? The game store is a small section of Amazon's financial power, and I'd guess only makes up 10% or so of their overall revenue (games and consoles are very difficult to turn a profit on.) As long as Amazon keeps selling books, movies, clothes, electronics, etc. at prices well under any B&M retailer or competing online store, they stand no chance of going bankrupt any time soon.

[quote name='Paladinion']I myself dont think Amazon sucks, but Ive had nothing but a headache with my last few order...First Gears of War 3 console i received was DOA, second came in a dented box, and my dark souls collectors edition art book is falling apart. I still get a bunch of deals through amazon tho so I cant complain too much....quality as of late seems to be slipping tho.[/QUOTE]

i don't think it's fair to blame amazon on the DOA console and the strategy guide (blame the manufacturer on those quality problems).

now, the dented box I would say is fair to blame amazon on (especially since it is a limited collector's edition box). i also had a similar experience a year ago when i ordered an xbox 250gb kinect bundle and it was lost in shipment (ontrack employee probably stole it), but amazon shipped me another. the replacement came with gouges on the cardboard box that was annoying since I wanted to keep the box.

economy has alot to do with it. People maybe willing to spend more today than a year ago, but don't worry. many people have said the economy will suck again soon.

nothing to do with the economy. the fact is amazon is the LAST one to offer credit or pricematch. every single time is always newegg, walmart, kmart, or bestbuy who offer promo credits first, and most often lower their price first. amazon is ALWAYS last, havent you seen how many people post "submit price to amazon for PM". why? they rarely PM and they reluctantly do it............and are the last ones to do it.

watch the same thing happen for MW3 for instance. Amazon wont offer credit unless someone else has the Balls to do it first, like Walmart or Kmart. its like amazon HATES giving out promo credits or PM other retailers. ive seen this scenario over and over and over with them on this site.

[quote name='zanbeak']thank you amazon. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is that way -->:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to drop a hammer (so I won't) but the day that Amazon files for Chapter 7, is the day that well...I can't even think of anything to say that would make sense re: Amazon.com going bankrupt.

I was thinking of dropping "it will be a cold day in hell" but that is so overused (and pending on your religious affiliation, lack thereof, etc. it doesn't hold the depth and weight it may have a back in the day??). :whistle2:#

I was moved to do a simple Google search for any derivative of the following words/sequence: "Amazon", "Bankruptcy", "Chapter 7", "File(s)", "Chances" "Of", et. al. and besides the books for which Amazon.com sells to assist those in need of filing Chapter 7, the only mention of Amazon and the aforementioned words was this article:

http://atlantabankruptcynews.com/2011/02/how-borders-bankruptcy-will-affect-consumers.html

Looks like they (Amazon) are doing their fair share of helping others do what you propose...

Amazon sells other items besides video games, doubt thats going to make them go bankrupt because they are not giving away credit or extra items with video games

[quote name='zanbeak']your wondering why i said amazon sucks? because: 1 year ago they had awesome deals like 58$ games with 10-20$ promo credits. alot of good games had 20 credit deals like killzone3 or ac brotherhood or blackops, etc.

Dark souls had NO credit
BF3 has NO credit
MW3 has NO credit

100 bucks says amazon will release BF3,MW3,UC3 just as they released dark souls = with ZERO credit. thank you amazon. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is that way -->:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

You're asking for promotional credit for highly anticipated games. It's up to the game's company on whether or not they want to offer a promotional credit. Games that aren't worth a lot of time or may seem unpopular will eventually get the promotional credit.

Amazon does PM pretty well when you tell them about it. They PM Toy's R Us Deus Ex for $35. You can always wait a few weeks and see a drop in price. Dead Island was down to $45 about a week ago.

Why don't you get a job or you can shut up and buy your games at Gamestop/Bestbuy and pay your taxes.

I cant believe how sidetracked this thread got, but Amazon does not suck, sure it would be great to have games a but cheaper, and more promo credits but Amazon is still by far my go to retailer for almost everything due to prime and no tax, also great customer service. Anytime ive ever had a problem they fix it.

[quote name='Mattx510']I cant believe how sidetracked this thread gotQUOTE]

its no sidetracked because even this amazon thread sucks because of the item amazon decided to make Deal of the Day. i mean who here considers this crappy plastic move toy a "Deal"? a real DEAL of the day would be an awesome game at an awesome price, like infamous 2 for 30 bucks for instance, etc.

[quote name='zanbeak'][quote name='Mattx510']I cant believe how sidetracked this thread gotQUOTE]

its no sidetracked because even this amazon thread sucks because of the item amazon decided to make Deal of the Day. i mean who here considers this crappy plastic move toy a "Deal"? a real DEAL of the day would be an awesome game at an awesome price, like infamous 2 for 30 bucks for instance, etc.[/QUOTE]

I have a great idea. How about you go out, make a website that offers brand new games with $20 credit, no tax, and free 2-day shipping and get back to us when you have it up and running. As they say "put up or shut up", you can bitch and moan all you want, but unless you can personally change the situation for the better you are just coming off as a winey brat.

You don't need to shop at amazon, you don't need to thread-crap, you don't like the deal, just move on.

[quote name='Mattx510']I cant believe how sidetracked this thread got, but Amazon does not suck....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I started laughing aloud about it after submitting my last post about five (5) hours ago (the post with the link from Atlanta Bankruptcy News re: Borders filing for Chapter 7); I too, said, "What in the hell is this thread about?"

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't touch the DOD for today, simply b/c I have no use for a Move Battle Rifle, I was just putting it out there last PM b/c I was awake and figured someone might want it. Crazy how a "DOD" that 99.9% of CAG's could care less about (myself included) created such a "Rally Cry" for Amazon. Maybe an Amazon CSR would be interested to see it; not that I would contact them directly nor do I think most of them would care, but it might brighten one of his/her days' to see that 'most' CAG's jumped to their defense when the words: "Amazon" and "Suck(s)" were mentioned in the same sentence......:cool:

Dark souls had NO credit
BF3 has NO credit
MW3 has NO credit

While I somewhat agree that Amazon hasn't brought as many good gaming deals this year and their preorder bonuses aren't as noteworthy as last year's, this still isn't the "Bash Amazon Here" thread. It was a simple DOTD thread for a PS3 peripheral.

Saying Amazon will go bankrupt is absurd. Take a breather, and go buy from another online retailer instead.

And seriously Amazon, does not suck, especially for a CAG. I know we're all entitled to our opinion(s) but that almost seems like a "blackball" (ouster) comment to me.

I'm with Saix_XIII, re: anyone coming close (or that's how I read it; w/ 2-day Shipping, No Tax, a steady (and often "worthy") stream of consistent deals, willing to price match anyone in the business, etc. All the while, selling anything from Children's mittens to Grandpa's Coveralls (a Lightning Deal yesterday PM), to Hershey's Candy (a Lightning Deal today) to Women's Nike Air Max+ 2011's in (to name two of the five color schemes offered): 1) Black/Metallic Platinum-Bright Violet-White and 2) BLACK/METALLIC PLATINUM-BRIGHT VOLT-WHITE (with a 25% off "Columbus Day" coupon to boot; Sizes may vary) and still have (what I consider to be) the Video Game Industry by the balls (thankfully).

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit as well that amazon has been less vigilant about offering promo credit on games, but in terms of online retailers there are none better. K-Mart has really stepped up in the B&M scene and as a result Best Buy has as well. Toys R Us is also a good retail deal location, but GameStop is easily a distant last place.

The issue is that getting CE as well as older/niche games is not easy to do unless you go the GS (bleh) route or the much better option of amazon. Add in Amazon's amazing customer service (example: getting $100 back on a $400 TV because of a badly damaged box, this happened with me around 2-3 weeks ago), free 2 day/release date shipping, a huge variety of products for sale, competitive/really good prices in general (not counting 3rd party of course), and no tax in most places makes them a great online retailer no matter what anyone thinks.

[quote name='nsxviper']"Why don't you get a job or you can shut up and buy your games at Gamestop/Bestbuy and pay your taxes."[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Is he serious or is it meant to be satirical?

[quote name='XF Gator']:applause:

Is he serious or is it meant to be satirical?[/QUOTE]

If I were a gambling man, and let's assume that "I know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em"; he is serious.

Amazon has $10 credit on a $40 halo remake...that's solid. As was the $20 credit on all the new EA Sports games, making them cheaper on release day than they will be all year. Credit is something to be appreciated, not expected.

The guy who said amazon is going bankrupt, I have two words for you: Kindle Fire.

bread's done
Back