Amazon Video Games Gold Box for Tuesday 4/23: GoW: Judgement $34.99, Halo 4 $29.99

zzamaro

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]30031[/IMG-R]Today''s Amazon Gold Box deals event features discounts on 7 gaming items, including God of War: Ascension $39.99 and God of War PS3 Bundle $279.99 as the Deals of the Day.

Lightning Deal Schedule (Pacific Time):
:360: Gears of War: Judgment $34.99 (12 to 5am)
:360: Halo 4 $29.99 (5 to 7am)
:360::ps3: Hitman Absolution $18.99 (7 to 9am)
:360::ps3: Dead Space 3 $39.99 (9 to 11 pm)
iconamazon.gif
Tritton 720+ 7.1 Headset $99.99 (11am to 1pm)
iconamazon.gif
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX51 Premium Wireless Dolby Digital Gaming Headset $199.99 (1 to 3pm)
:3ds::psp: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward $29.99 (3 to 5pm)
:360: Forza Horizon/Forza Horizon Limited Edition $19.99 (5 to 7pm)
:360: Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection $14.99 (7 to 9pm)
iconamazon.gif
Lego Lord of the Rings $19.99 (9 to 11pm)

Amazon Gold Box Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmangoose
I literally JUST bought ZE:VLR yesterday at full price from Amazon -___-
Damn my impatience and lack of faith on deals like these.
Oh well. At least I'll be gettingmy copy today because of Prime. It is one of the few games I'd pay full price for though, considering the devs are so unknown.
I'll just keep those two things in mind to prevent beating myself up...

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I made the same mistake with Forza Horizon. Just bought the LE 3 days ago![/QUOTE]

You could email CS and see if they'll credit you the differnce. Don't know if it works for gold box but it works for regular sales if you bought the item within 7 days of the sale.

UGH. Really was pumped to get the LE for $20, but for $30 was painful considering I already shared a copy with my younger brother who picked up the standard @ $15. (he's really into Forza)

Decided to bite anyways and just exchange copies with my brother, who said he'll pay me back the difference.

Between Hitman this morning, Virtue's Last Reward (which I pulled the trigger on for 3DS), the Gamefly sale for Anarchy Reigns/Star Wars Kinect & this, my wallet's taken a beating today, yikes.

[quote name='confoosious']OR how about you stop ranting about it in a thread where nobody cares and just let it take care of itself. If microtransactions are truly the devil's work then nobody will buy them. EA sees the results and there won't be any in Dead Space 4.

Problem solved. Buying the game itself won't set the precedent for microtransactions. Buying microtransactions creates future microtransactions. You see how that works?[/QUOTE]

I've been lurking in here for the past couple weeks and always find the pre-pubescent rantings and rude outbursts by nerds and shut-ins to be pretty par for the course...but I'm always a glass half full guy who expects cooler heads to prevail. So, with that in mind, you could stop acting like someone granted you thread police status and take into account that *discussion* is the entire point of these forums in the first place. There are a myriad of topics of interest to gamers, this being one of them. I myself am very interested in discussions regarding microtransactions, being as that its one of the prevalent trends in gaming that effects not only my pocket-book but the *gaming experience* itself. Given microtransactions is a topic involving the PRICE of gaming in a forum which revolves around finding the CHEAPEST games possible, I would think that it'd be hard to find something more relevant to discuss than this.

Now, back on topic....the person you were responding to actually made some great points: If games become a virtual ATM constantly asking for money beyond the retail purchase price every time you open a locker or need a new weapon or a health pack, how "fun" is that going to be? Given EA's track record, I'd say this is something we should all be pretty concerned about. I, for one, wouldn't mind further discussion on that idea as it relates to Dead Space 3 and what kind of experience and extra expense I can expect after the initial purchase price. I'm a fan of Dead Space 1 & 2, and am considering at what price point I should jump in to DS3....

[quote name='StryderOmega']If it becomes this, then don't buy it. At this point, however, it is not the case. Besides, each Dead Space was similar to this structure.[/QUOTE]
Of course, nothing I say or do will change the course of the industry, I am just saying the disgust for microtransactions is not a unreasonable one. I never "whined" about it, because again, what I say here doesn't matter whatsoever.

Nothing seems appealing to me. The Hitman Absolution looks the best, and it did sell out very soon. However, isn't it part of EU PS Plus free games for May? I'd rather spend a little more to enroll to EU plus to get it. You can also get a one month free trial to play the game for one month for free, or $1 from ebay.

[quote name='TooPoor']Of course, nothing I say or do will change the course of the industry, I am just saying the disgust for microtransactions is not a unreasonable one. I never "whined" about it, because again, what I say here doesn't matter whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

You are WELL within your rights to complain about this trend. And, while your opinion by itself may not change much, collectively gamers CAN and DO influence the industry. For example: the entire used game market thriving as it is, like any other after-market for any other product, is a sign that masses of gamers are collectively deciding that new games are often simply too expensive.

And, as with the whole used games debate, if a gamer doesn't care about microtransactions I'd guess he/she either has way more money than brains or has a vested interest in this trend taking hold in more games. I'm having a difficult time seeing any real advantage for gamers...which is what we're supposed to be right? "Gamers". Last time I checked I didn't identify myself as "cash cow" for devs/publishers. Just as I'm not inclined to feel sorry for publishers whining about used games sales as an excuse, I'm also not inclined to believe the corporate line that DLC is "offering more" in many or most cases. As with the used games debate, they already made money off the 1st sale. You don't see book companies or car companies whining that they don't get a cut of after-market sales. Used markets exist for a reason: many people either can't afford or justify $60 per game they want (see: off-shoring = more & more families don't have the income to keep pace with the rising cost of living...so games @ $60 become a luxury). Used games provide a secondary boost to the market by getting many more people involved in gaming than would otherwise be able to due to the entrance costs.
\
Publishers and console manufacturers thinking up ways to eliminate half the gaming ecosystem is idiotic at best.

[quote name='mjswooosh']
Publishers and console manufacturers thinking up ways to eliminate half the gaming ecosystem is idiotic at best.[/QUOTE]

qft

Was going to get the standard Horizon, but than I realized if I bought the LE I could get free snail mail and save me $8... I am cheap hehe.

I haven't owned a racing game in ages... and since GT will never ever show its face on a 360 I have to have something to have fun with.

Anyways, $20 for Hitman is a steal. The best Hitman to date. Not to mention the longest story for a Hitman title! 1000/1000GS, love that game.

[quote name='scottman']kinect sports ultimate for $15 for whoever missed it last time.[/QUOTE]

In for 1.
Is this on two discs or just one? Like is it seperate set of achievements?

@mjswooosh

Well your looking at in the negative light. I am looking at it as a possible way to offset dev costs. Considering games aren't making their trajectory goals in sales, which means a less likely chance of it getting a sequel/continuation.

Look at Tomb Raider, it must have sold well, but it probably didn't sell well enough to cover the astronomical dev cost for that game considering all the detail that the devs put into the game. At no point did I feel the developers stopped paying attention and just said, ok have fun with these random enemies till you get to the final boss. Everything was fine tuned and polished. A rarity in games these days, as it just costs too much to invest that kind of time and resource.

@toopoor

I agree with your thoughts. If you don't want to see future microtransactions then don't participate.

I did participate in the microtransactions twice for Dead Space 3, why? Because I ran out of ammo and was stuck at two points in the game (near the end even). I could have roughed it out, but I loved blasting people with the Evangelizer.

I know you may think of me as a sucker, but whatever. I choose to think of it as a means to see my goal of a Dead Space 4 because I want to know what happens after 3.

[quote name='StryderOmega']@mjswooosh

Well your looking at in the negative light. I am looking at it as a possible way to offset dev costs. Considering games aren't making their trajectory goals in sales, which means a less likely chance of it getting a sequel/continuation.

Look at Tomb Raider, it must have sold well, but it probably didn't sell well enough to cover the astronomical dev cost for that game considering all the detail that the devs put into the game. At no point did I feel the developers stopped paying attention and just said, ok have fun with these random enemies till you get to the final boss. Everything was fine tuned and polished. A rarity in games these days, as it just costs too much to invest that kind of time and resource. The same fate is likely true for the tomb raider 2013 reboot game, it felt below Square enixs sale expectations, so i doubt they will publish a sequel for the next tomb raider.

@toopoor

I agree with your thoughts. If you don't want to see future microtransactions then don't participate.

I did participate in the microtransactions twice for Dead Space 3, why? Because I ran out of ammo and was stuck at two points in the game (near the end even). I could have roughed it out, but I loved blasting people with the Evangelizer.

I know you may think of me as a sucker, but whatever. I choose to think of it as a means to see my goal of a Dead Space 4 because I want to know what happens after 3.[/QUOTE]
i doubt there will be a dead space 4, unless another publisher other than EA gets a hold of the IP rights. I am probably wrong tho, but with all the poor/ mediocre sales report regarding dead space 3, it was a let down for from EAs prespective.

[quote name='strait edge follower']the bestbuy coupon knocks hitman down to 19.99$ doesnt it ?[/QUOTE]
yes. indeed

[quote name='Brock 5amson']Was going to get the standard Horizon, but than I realized if I bought the LE I could get free snail mail and save me $8... I am cheap hehe.

I haven't owned a racing game in ages... and since GT will never ever show its face on a 360 I have to have something to have fun with.

.[/QUOTE]

And you will have fun with Horizon. Excellent game.
I'm not much into racing games, but I could not put this one down.

Last deal went up about 15 minutes ago. Lego Lord of the Rings for $19.99. 360 only.
Way to go Amazon. People likely waited up for midnight on the east coast to get a $20 Lego game for their PS3, and you go for one system only to apply the sale on.

I waited until 12am to find out the LEGO LOTR game was only on sale for the 360.... Argh! :( I could have sworn I saw it listed as PS3 somewhere.

[quote name='G1Burgertime']Last deal went up about 15 minutes ago. Lego Lord of the Rings for $19.99. 360 only.
Way to go Amazon. People likely waited up for midnight on the east coast to get a $20 Lego game for their PS3, and you go for one system only to apply the sale on.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! :(
I set an alarm for midnight and was pretty annoyed by this...
Oh we'll, it'll probably drop further anyway.

[quote name='spoonman']Exactly! :(
I set an alarm for midnight and was pretty annoyed by this...
Oh we'll, it'll probably drop further anyway.[/QUOTE]

I wait and buy them at $15 or lower. I'd jump on this one right now though if I didn't have Lego Pirates, Lego Harry Potter 2, and Lego Star wars 3 sitting in my backlog.

This one has really good reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings/critic-reviews

bread's done
Back