Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

An update on my VG NFS PS4, I booted it up and it started in safe mode.  After that though, everything was great.  Connected to wifi, got the system update, downloaded FIFA demo and played it.  The $10 PSN code was also still valid.  I haven't read much on these:  If it was going to be a BLOD, would I have known already?  Thanks!

An update on my VG NFS PS4, I booted it up and it started in safe mode. After that though, everything was great. Connected to wifi, got the system update, downloaded FIFA demo and played it. The $10 PSN code was also still valid. I haven't read much on these: If it was going to be a BLOD, would I have known already? Thanks!
Try playing an actual bluray disc. Thoroughly test the disc drive before thinking you're scott-free.

Yeah wtf my Tomb Raider for X1 still hasn't shipped. Says delivery for March 7. It shouldn't get cancelled if I have a delivery date (albeit estimated) right??

I've been glued to this thread all day. It's an emotional rollercoaster reading about PS4s that work and PS4s that don't work. The one VG $254 one I ordered should be here Tuesday. The suspense for me is palpable.

I've been glued to this thread all day. It's an emotional rollercoaster reading about PS4s that work and PS4s that don't work. The one VG $254 one I ordered should be here Tuesday. The suspense for me is palpable.
I hear you. Mine just hit LA a few hours ago. I should probably get it pretty early in tomorrow but probably won't be able to test it until late. Wish I had a game to try on it.

Your link wasn't working but I've seen one that lists the PS4 as $344 and XBO as $390. I wish. No idea how to talk them into those TIVs, lol.
That is the Current TIV of 264.50-265 WITH a 30% trade in bonus. with the 50% trade in it comes out to $397

Anyway my VG $254 ps4 came in BLOD too, no sucessful hdmi picture or sound, tried to trade in for a NEW ps4, I told them i was doing it to Get a bunch of Rewards points, receive points for the trade in and the trade credit purchase, store reps and manager had no qualms and thought it was smart.

But they tested it multiple times, (before i did at home). They told me the picture would go through then not, then system would reset and black out, ALSO they said all settings were set To Spanish and while they were trying to figure out the translations the picture cut out.. the PS4 had finger prints and smudges, no knicks or damage and controller looked new with plastic over the buttons and cables were all new, or at least made to look new by being bagged and with twist tied never found out if the codes were used. Any way to do so without redeeming them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your link wasn't working but I've seen one that lists the PS4 as $344 and XBO as $390. I wish. No idea how to talk them into those TIVs, lol.
Those values have the 30% bonus already added in. To talk them into it, trade towards the games on the 30% trade bonus list. You can get more (50% bonus instead of 30% bonus) by trading towards PS4, Xbox One, or Wii-U.

This thread is about PS4s but nothing else. After hearing countless horror stories about the defects, I want nothing to do with them until a few years when all the bugs are worked out. Luckily for me, there's nothing important for me to play for a while. But when Kingdom Hearts III and Persona 6 come out, I'll need a PS4.

This thread is about PS4s but nothing else. After hearing countless horror stories about the defects, I want nothing to do with them until a few years when all the bugs are worked out. Luckily for me, there's nothing important for me to play for a while. But when Kingdom Hearts III and Persona 6 come out, I'll need a PS4.
KH3 isn't an exclusive lol, that made a lot of people rage a little, they lost metal gear solid, they lost KH3, they lost final fantasy before that, sony doesn't really have that big of a line up of exclusives sorry to say. Neither really do (except titanfall, oooohhhh boy that titanfall), but for the most part, they are identical in capabilities, and the failure rate is very low for both.

Kingdom Hearts III isn't a console exclusive. And these are all returned PS4s so, yeah, they are more likely to have issues because people returned them for a reason and Amazon likely didn't test all of them (even though they say they do).

Yeah wtf my Tomb Raider for X1 still hasn't shipped. Says delivery for March 7. It shouldn't get cancelled if I have a delivery date (albeit estimated) right??
I sure hope so. I snagged a LN dinger PS3 2 days ago and my status changes from "preparing items for shipment" to "shipping now" a few times a day and it still hasn't shipped. Mine says delivery estimate for March 6th. I just hope they dont send me the other cheaper "acceptable" model by mistake (there were 2 of these bundles total).

Arizona lol
Arizona lawmakers have been making that state look pretty crappy lately. No offense to the CAGs who happen to live there.

The person who theorized that these were all returns to Amazon might be correct. I guess it might make sense that a lot of them are BLOD, but some just have dented outer boxes, or nothing wrong because the original owner decided they didn't want it. I guess it also makes sense that at least one shady person attempted to return the console and keep the controller (and they succeeded). Sorry for the run on sentences, but I'm just trying to piece together where the heck these PS4s and Xbox Ones came from after reading all the stories today.

I agree with you about there being nothing important to play for a while. It is pretty smart to hold off making this purchase for a while if you're not dying to be an early adopter for some reason. The only reason I'm attempting to buy a PS4 now is because these were like $150+ off the purchase price. I know I'm buying a PS4 some day. I know I'm buying an Xbox One some day. If I can get $150 off either one, then that day is today :D/ even if there aren't any next gen (or current gen.. whatever you want to call it) games that I'm dying to play. Knaw meen?

No offense taken. I'm moving in five months anyway. Though, I'm moving to Texas to practice law so. Probably not the biggest step up. But still. A step up.
Awesome and Good luck! A fellow CAG, gamer AND law practitioner, a +3 to you sir! I'm taking the LSAT in June, studying when I SHOULD be playing games.

Awesome and Good luck! A fellow CAG, gamer AND law practitioner, a +3 to you sir! I'm taking the LSAT in June, studying when I SHOULD be playing games.
Lol, 'studying' for the LSAT. I took it cold. Twice. The second time I actually did good! Good luck, though. I take the bar in July. Three days after Comic Con.

On topic:

:xb1: Dead Rising (G) ~$33

I ordered it and then put it back. I'm just going to get a used XBO game from GameStop, test my NFS system out with that, and then return it if need be.

KH3 isn't an exclusive lol, that made a lot of people rage a little, they lost metal gear solid, they lost KH3, they lost final fantasy before that, sony doesn't really have that big of a line up of exclusives sorry to say. Neither really do (except titanfall, oooohhhh boy that titanfall), but for the most part, they are identical in capabilities, and the failure rate is very low for both.
I didn't say that Kingdom Hearts was an exclusive. I just said I'll need a PS4 to play it. Well, it wasn't my intention, but thanks for turning this into a console war. So now I'll tell you this. There is less than a 0% chance that I will buy the Xbox NOne after Microsoft believed that all gamers took the stupid pill last year. Not much point in flaunting Microsoft's multiplats. They won't have any games after this gen since the NOne will be Microsoft's last console. I'm sure that when that happens, it'll make people rage far more than when people raged when Sony lost a handful of their exclusive games.

that damn donkey kong isn't showing up on the warehouse :(

figures the game I want won't show up

I'm sure titanfall will be there day one for $40 since I'm buying it for retail lol :p

Donkey Kong was up a few hours ago for $37.xx. I'll link it next time I see it.
was probably asleep but at least its shown up

I also bought plants vs zombies instead of waiting cause I figured the community would take a hit when titanfall releases

EA should have released this sooner cause plants vs zombies is really fun

Man, they cancelled my dead rising 3 order saying they didnt get it in stock.... First time that's ever happened to me.

Sucks balls

I didn't say that Kingdom Hearts was an exclusive. I just said I'll need a PS4 to play it. Well, it wasn't my intention, but thanks for turning this into a console war. So now I'll tell you this. There is less than a 0% chance that I will buy the Xbox NOne after Microsoft believed that all gamers took the stupid pill last year. Not much point in flaunting Microsoft's multiplats. They won't have any games after this gen since the NOne will be Microsoft's last console. I'm sure that when that happens, it'll make people rage far more than when people raged when Sony lost a handful of their exclusive games.
You lost me at Microsoft's last console. I forgot you were the CEO, sorry.

An update on my VG NFS PS4, I booted it up and it started in safe mode. After that though, everything was great. Connected to wifi, got the system update, downloaded FIFA demo and played it. The $10 PSN code was also still valid. I haven't read much on these: If it was going to be a BLOD, would I have known already? Thanks!
No. It can creep up later when running stuff. There's also more issues then just the BLOD.

BLOD (Blue Light of Death) just means the system isn't properly displaying video out. Could be HDD, video or other hardware. Indicated by only seeing a flashing Blue light on the top of the console and doesn't change to white as it's supposed to as white means video output.

RLOD (Red Light of Death) - overheating. Needs sent in to check internals and fans. Of course don't put on carpeted surface and check to make sure air flow is proper

Disc Ejection Problems- some report continual disc ejection while others report not being able to eject disc. This is more prevalent when having the system horizontal. Try vertical system. Also if it gets stuck with disc inside, then power off unit and slide the cover off left hand side to manually eject disc.

Just snagged a (g) Mario Kart 7 for $25.15. There might still be one left.

Also my (LN) Bravely Default (regular edition for $29.69) arrived yesterday, with an unused CN code :D. However it had a 40 hour save file on it, so I would hardly call it like new. Whoever sold this back to Amazon must have really hurried, given how new the game is.

Also my (LN) Bravely Default (regular edition for $29.69) arrived yesterday, with an unused CN code :D. However it had a 40 hour save file on it, so I would hardly call it like new. Whoever sold this back to Amazon must have really hurried, given how new the game is.
i had 42 hours on chapter 5 when i sold mine

I don't think save files impact the condition rating...

Because there was 1 for $266 when I posted that link.
There sure was ^_^

a2434fda1b00f152c10bcf460cf98598.png

bread's done
Back