Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Finally received my $7.51 Mario party 5 game today the disc has no scratches and it came complete even with the advertisement inserts and all and no marks on the case very happy

All right, advice time CAG.

I got my XBO. Everything inside is brand new. There are scuffs on the console itself but the rest of it is all still wrapped including the Kinect. The issue is that it won't connect to the TV via HDMI cord. It's making all the right sounds, the fan isn't loud at all. But it will not connect to the TV. Should I wash my hands of it and send it back to Amazon and get my money back or send it on to Microsoft for repairs? It wasn't registered so I did that and it says the warranty on it is still good until February 2015.

So. Thoughts?
Does the serial number match the box? That sounds like they swapped out the system itself for a new one and then sent that back in.

got my cheapo Mass Effect 3, Top Spin, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and Dot hack infection today. They were all complete and Dot hack had the bonus dvd. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ALSO had a bonus dvd...Im not sure where this is from? Collector's Edition maybe?
how much was the dot hack

Got my VG NFS PS4 too. Missing controller and headset. I didn't realize it come with a headset. Amazon did replace the controller. I'll let the headset go since I rarely use it. Serial Number don't match the box.
Watching star trek on my ps4 now. It is definitely used. It still has previous user info on it. Zak Bonner. Looks like he returned it after playing battlefield 4 for awhile.

Hell, you might want to consider taking this to small claims court. I mean, the mental angush/pain and suffering is surely worth something.
I just want my USB cable that should have come with it!

Nope. The console SN doesn't match.
That right there wouldn't make me feel comfortable over the long term but that's me.

Watching star trek on my ps4 now. It is definitely used. It still has previous user info on it. Zak Bonner. Looks like he returned it after playing battlefield 4 for awhile.

Clearly it wasn't giving Zak Bonner the Xboner he was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just opened up my Like New NFS PS4.

The blue PS tape was still on the box and everything inside looked pristine. Everything was included. I've got it hooked up and it boots up fine. I'm updating now to see if it plays blus. Don't have any disc based games yet but I've got some PS+ games to try out.

Ok, here's another new one. I brought my working ps4 into Gamestop to trade. The gamestop employee tests it, and there's a blue light on the console and no video is coming in. I take it home and plug it in to my TV and I realize he's right. There's no video signal. I unplug and plug in the wires and now it works again. I just installed and am playing Killzone Shadow Fall. I turned the console on and off a couple more times and it works fine. I have no fuck ing clue what is going on. If anyone has any tips or advice I'll gladly appreciate them.

Ok, here's another new one. I brought my working ps4 into Gamestop to trade. The gamestop employee tests it, and there's a blue light on the console and no video is coming in. I take it home and plug it in to my TV and I realize he's right. There's no video signal. I unplug and plug in the wires and now it works again. I just installed and am playing Killzone Shadow Fall. I turned the console on and off a couple more times and it works fine. I have no fuck ing clue what is going on. If anyone has any tips or advice I'll gladly appreciate them.
I wonder if that's not one of those where the pin in the HDMI port isn't quite right? That's what caused a lot of the issues in the first place.

Got my $255 ps4 today and it's literally the pa4 console in the box with nothing else, no controller, no power cable, nothing, hahaha. I literally started laughing. Back it goes.

****EDIT: I just checked the the $10 voucher worked though, so I do get a free $10. Not bad I'll take it.

Folks, there are $.99 cents micro usb cable on ebay. It take a few weeks to arrive, but don't get yourself on Amazon ban list.

I wonder if that's not one of those where the pin in the HDMI port isn't quite right? That's what caused a lot of the issues in the first place.
I'm wondering if it was something like that. I didn't like the way the Gamestop employee was manhandling the console either. I guess they are ruff moving stuff, but that's not how I treat gaming hardware. He might have plugged it in shitty (even if there was a problem with a pin to begin with). Everytime I booted it up today, it worked fine. It worked the first time I tried it, but it did start in safe mode. I might have just held the power button down too long because I didn't know any better.

Also, before he even tested it he said he wouldn't give me the 50% bonus trade in for it. I was going to buy a Wii-U bundle. He said he can't give the 50% on next gen consoles. He said it would be like me getting a free console and corporate wouldn't like it.

Folks, there are $.99 cents micro usb cable on ebay. It take a few weeks to arrive, but don't get yourself on Amazon ban list.
And hell a generic power cable, hdmi cable, and micro usb cable won't do any harm. The power supply is internal unlike ahem.... Xbones and xbawks.

Got my $255 ps4 today and it's literally the pa4 console in the box with nothing else, no controller, no power cable, nothing, hahaha. I literally started laughing. Back it goes.
Well it was supposed to be a replacement console not for sale. Looks like some people got lucky, other's didn't. Glad you laughed it off, thats what most people should be doing instead of going " THANKS OBAMA!".

Well it was supposed to be a replacement console not for sale. Looks like some people got lucky, other's didn't. Glad you laughed it off, thats what most people should be doing instead of going " THANKS OBAMA!".
Yeah I don't see how people would get mad, I took a chance on a obvious "not for sale" item and it didn't pan out. No big deal.

I'm wondering if it was something like that. I didn't like the way the Gamestop employee was manhandling the console either. I guess they are ruff moving stuff, but that's not how I treat gaming hardware. He might have plugged it in shitty (even if there was a problem with a pin to begin with). Everytime I booted it up today, it worked fine. It worked the first time I tried it, but it did start in safe mode. I might have just held the power button down too long because I didn't know any better.

Also, before he even tested it he said he wouldn't give me the 50% bonus trade in for it. I was going to buy a Wii-U bundle. He said he can't give the 50% on next gen consoles. He said it would be like me getting a free console and corporate wouldn't like it.
I would bring it back if it's working correctly and spurn that employee for spreading misleading information lol. That, you are entitled to ;D

After reading about all the console issues, it kinda makes me not want to buy used consoles any more. I have a very good Wii U coming from AWD, and I'm really worried about it.
The consoles everyone talking about are not normal awd consoles the wii u should be fine the ps4 and Xbox ones everyone talking about was a special kind of listing

I would bring it back if it's working correctly and spurn that employee for spreading misleading information lol. That, you are entitled to ;D
Am I entitled to the 50% bonus on next gen consoles? Is it written somewhere on gamestop.com that I can show him?

I think you're joking but I'm a big enough a-hole to go do this.

He also argued with me that Battlefield 4 runs in native 1080p on the Xbox One. He didn't believe me saying that it was 720p upscaled to 1080p. It's 900p on the ps4 also, not 1080p. He didn't care. He was "right."

(I don't want to start a console war debate. I know resolution doesn't matter and it's still the same fun gameplay experience, which is all that really matters in the end. But it is playing a role in my buying decisions today and I can't help but consider it when making a large purchase on a new console).

Am I entitled to the 50% bonus on next gen consoles? Is it written somewhere on gamestop.com that I can show him?

He also argued with me that Battlefield 4 runs in native 1080p on the Xbox One. He didn't believe me saying that it was 720p upscaled to 1080p. It's 900p on the ps4 also, not 1080p. He didn't care. He was "right."
It says that it's "any system" in the offer and doesn't exclude the PS4 in the fine print. Honestly I would just go to a different location if he was there again because this person just doesn't seem to have any clue in general.

Nah he's just trying to dissuade you from trading in a console for that much credit.  Certainly corporate doesn't give a damn since these TIVs have been live for some time. Put a next gen toward a next gen and voila... it works.

I had this kid on XBL when Gears 2 came out and was the leggiest game ever made try and tell me it had dedicated servers. I tried to tell him it was p2p, but he laughed and told his team I was an idiot.

Nah he's just trying to dissuade you from trading in a console for that much credit. Certainly corporate doesn't give a damn since these TIVs have been live for some time. Put a next gen toward a next gen and voila... it works.
Indeed, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Helps their stores trade in numbers for the week and then you're spending the credit there which helps their sales numbers.

I had this kid on XBL when Gears 2 came out and was the leggiest game ever made try and tell me it had dedicated servers. I tried to tell him it was p2p, but he laughed and told his team I was an idiot.
buyalegonline.jpg

(I don't want to start a console war debate. I know resolution doesn't matter and it's still the same fun gameplay experience, which is all that really matters in the end. But it is playing a role in my buying decisions today and I can't help but consider it when making a large purchase on a new console).
It work with any system here the fine print for the offer: 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any systems towards a new Wii U, Xbox One or PS4
Valid 2/17/14 - 3/23/14
In-store credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new Wii U, Xbox One or PS4 system. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 2/17/14 through 3/23/14.

****EDIT: I just checked the the $10 voucher worked though, so I do get a free $10. Not bad I'll take it.
Your post made me laugh too. Not sure why

After reading about all the console issues, it kinda makes me not want to buy used consoles any more. I have a very good Wii U coming from AWD, and I'm really worried about it.
The consoles everyone talking about are not normal awd consoles the wii u should be fine the ps4 and Xbox ones everyone talking about was a special kind of listing
Pretty much what dreamer131313 said. Those consoles weren't directly from AWD but from a loophole link so don't fret the one you are getting. I have bought a wiiu, a 360, and a ps4 from them and all (except those cheapo phat ps3 weeks ago) have worked just fine and came in near mint / like new condition.

I remember the Gears 2 launch, lol. If those were all dedicated servers, then I'm a prima ballerina. I'd wager there are maybe SOME dedicated servers to make things work. There's no way in hell everyone was playing on dedicated servers. That's how I remember COD working sometimes.

If I had to only pick one console manufacturer that was the only one I could play for the rest of my life, I would choose Microsoft over Nintendo and Sony. My point is I don't view them as an immaculate company who can do no wrong. I think they are great, but I still am having trouble understanding why people blindly defend corporations no matter what (unless they get paid by them).

And hell a generic power cable, hdmi cable, and micro usb cable won't do any harm. The power supply is internal unlike ahem.... Xbones and xbawks.
I'm not saying you guys are incorrect. My concern was two fold. First, my guess was that they didn't give me a power cord because they didn't want me to power it on immediately and find out it didn't work. Second, if it didn't come with the power cord, it probably wasn't taken care of very well. When I would need the inevitable warranty work from Sony, I would have a major problem sending it in with a generic power cord. Sony would probably say that the generic power cord was the cause of my problem therefore it would not be covered.

It work with any system here the fine print for the offer: 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any systems towards a new Wii U, Xbox One or PS4
Valid 2/17/14 - 3/23/14
In-store credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new Wii U, Xbox One or PS4 system. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 2/17/14 through 3/23/14.
Thanks. I'm going to print it out and bring it with me tomorrow (probably to a different GS). Hopefully the TIV holds. What pisses me off the most is that I sold this employee some very old games at very good prices. I could have sold them for more online (even after ebay fees and paypal fees, and shipping fees), but I thought he was a nice guy and I wanted to help him complete his collection. I didn't know he was such a fuck ing cunt.

How the shaqfu did we get off on a gears of war 2 tangent again?
S*** I sincerely apologize. I know how frustrating it is to read this thread for page after page and not even see one Amazon Warehouse Deal. I just end up skimming through looking for different color font signifying an Amazon link.

This thread used to be like 90% talk and 10% deals, but after the "NFS" consoles, I think it's more like 99% talk and 1% deals. ;)

I'm not saying you guys are incorrect. My concern was two fold. First, my guess was that they didn't give me a power cord because they didn't want me to power it on immediately and find out it didn't work. Second, if it didn't come with the power cord, it probably wasn't taken care of very well. When I would need the inevitable warranty work from Sony, I would have a major problem sending it in with a generic power cord. Sony would probably say that the generic power cord was the cause of my problem therefore it would not be covered.
thats stupid. When has any company ever asked you to included anything but the main console? They even explicitly say not to include any accessories, as they will not be returned.

I've bought my 3DS, Vita, 2nd PS3, PS4, and Xbox One from them and they've all been great except for the codes are usually used. None were labeled not for sale though.

bread's done
Back