Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

omg. I got a PS4. I got one. I didn't see the description at all but it was $277.xx. I don't even need it but it was like a sick game to win one that I couldnt stop playing, and now I won. I should probably go outside or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg. I got a PS4. I got one. I didn't see the description at all but it was $277.xx. I don't even need it but this it was like a sick game to win one that I couldnt stop playing, and now I won. I should probably go outside or something.
haha, me too. I'm guessing it will get cancelled. BTW, it was listed as VG.

omg. I got a PS4. I got one. I didn't see the description at all but it was $277.xx. I don't even need it but this it was like a sick game to win one that I couldnt stop playing, and now I won. I should probably go outside or something.
I too join the team of a 277.xx PS4. Mine was listed as very good... unbelievable. Hoping I have some of the luck others have had this board. Thanks to the OP and other regular contributors.

I just got one too. Too bad one of my $296 PS4 shipped out today or I would have cancelled it. 

But I did just cancel my backordered $296 PS4 so hope someone here gets it. 

I feel like a jerk but I'm really thinking about doing that. It'd be something like $300 overall for a Titanfall bundle. Not sure if I can resist.
this is my plan. Thanks to Amazon credit and a couple GS coupons I'll be coming away with a shiny new Titanfall bundle for less than $100 out of pocket.

I bought one but I already have one, might take it to Gamestop and flip for an XB1. Isn't there a pretty good promo going on right now?
Yeah 50% bonus credit towards an Xbox One, Wii U, or PS4. PS4 would trade in for around $397.50 with a base credit of $265. Could also keep the headset and you might fight that $10 PSN credit in there.

Against by better judgement, but I saw that after the original bunch sold out, they had it listed that more would ship on March 11th. I'd like to ship back my $254 Not for Sale PS4 that doesn't work and put that $254 amazon credit towards the $277 console. Any advice?

I paid with a credit card that doesn't exist anymore, so how long will Amazon give me to put in a payment method that works? Seven days or something? I'd just rather not pay $277 in cash when I have almost $254 in Amazon credit in limbo right now.

Edit: How long usually does it take for Amazon to credit you back when you return something?

hmm...my $296 PS4 is scheduled to be here Monday night (one-day shipping) while the $277 would get here next Friday with one-day shipping.  Anybody think the PS4 values at GS will drop by next Friday?

Yeah 50% bonus credit towards an Xbox One, Wii U, or PS4. PS4 would trade in for around $397.50 with a base credit of $265. Could also keep the headset and you might fight that $10 PSN credit in there.
I should probably check the GS thread but I wonder if people have had any issues with trading in their used console for a new one. I'll gladly take this one I'm getting from Amazon and trade it in for a new PS4 for a few bucks.

I should probably check the GS thread but I wonder if people have had any issues with trading in their used console for a new one. I'll gladly take this one I'm getting from Amazon and trade it in for a new PS4 for a few bucks.
I ran in to a jerk employee who wouldn't even consider it because I was "trading in a next gen console." He said corporate wouldn't like it and it would be like he was giving me a new console for free. The promotion even says you can trade in "any console" towards the titanfall bundle and get 50% extra, but this jerk employee told me he wouldn't do it.

I think there's like a 10% chance of getting my experience. I have a feeling like 90% of GS employees will do it no problem. I just had bad luck. Just maybe plan on driving to two Gamestops possibly if you have bad luck like me and run into a jerk employee.

hmm...my $296 PS4 is scheduled to be here Monday night (one-day shipping) while the $277 would get here next Friday with one-day shipping. Anybody think the PS4 values at GS will drop by next Friday?
That's always a possiblity. I don't know if there is any history to go by. Amazon just restocked so it's not inconceiveable other retailers will get restocked and it might force a decrease in TIV. However, I can't imagine it would drop such that you couldn't get even if it drops a bit. You could always move that money back to Amazon through Kindle cards and you'd get PUR points for the initial trade and then kindle card purchases.

You're all welcome since that's right about when I finally fell asleep this afternoon.

I spoke with a supervisor for Customer Service and was able to get $100 off a Xbox One Titanfall bundle since they cancelled my Not For Sale console. YMMV
:twoguns:

I ran in to a jerk employee who wouldn't even consider it because I was "trading in a next gen console." He said corporate wouldn't like it and it would be like he was giving me a new console for free. The promotion even says you can trade in "any console" towards the titanfall bundle and get 50% extra, but this jerk employee told me he wouldn't do it.

I think there's like a 10% chance of getting my experience. I have a feeling like 90% of GS employees will do it no problem. I just had bad luck. Just maybe plan on driving to two Gamestops possibly if you have bad luck like me and run into a jerk employee.
Didn't you go back and buy America's Test Kitchen to give him a bad review yet?

In other news I'm kind of hoping that the Stick of Truth CE they're shipping me next day shows up just as damaged and that it keeps happening so I can line up and take a photo of like six of them, all damaged, before I send them all back. More about my general level of unhappiness about the quality of CS I've received lately.

You're all welcome since that's right about when I finally fell asleep this afternoon.

:twoguns:

Didn't you go back and buy America's Test Kitchen to give him a bad review yet?

In other news I'm kind of hoping that the Stick of Truth CE they're shipping me next day shows up just as damaged and that it keeps happening so I can line up and take a photo of like six of them, all damaged, before I send them all back. More about my general level of unhappiness about the quality of CS I've received lately.
I actually did buy a PS4 game. He processed the order... should I do it? I've never given anyone a bad review in-store or online. Stupid karma is fuck ing with my head.

Eh who am I kidding, there's not really much I want on XB1 right now. I'll cancel the PS4 in a bit.
TITANFALL!!!! and there's also that one cool game TITANFALL!!!! and don't forget about the underhyped game called TITANFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

unless you have a 360 or pc or don't really care about shooters.

I actually did buy a PS4 game. He processed the order... should I do it? I've never given anyone a bad review in-store or online. Stupid karma is fuck ing with my head.
Yes because he's not doing his job and actively giving you inaccurate information. That's different than giving someone a bad survey because they were out of whizbobs or something.

Has anyone ever tried this "Amazon Instant Refund" ???

It sounds kind of scary in the same way the instant payment option works on Amazon Trade Ins. But there really shouldn't be a problem as long as I return everything with the broken NFS PS4 I ordered within 30 days, right?

I'm going to call Amazon customer service and hopefully speak with someone competent because I don't know WTF I'm doing. I am just tempted to do the "instant refund" so I can pay off the $277 PS4 I just ordered....

Yes, do it. It's not necessarily a matter of revenge; that employee should really know the terms of that promo.

Yes because he's not doing his job and actively giving you inaccurate information. That's different than giving someone a bad survey because they were out of whizbobs or something.
Is it anonymous or is there some way that the employee will know it was me? I just don't want a Jr. Detective on my ass every time I trade in something.

I do a bit of flipping whenever the opportunity strikes.

Has anyone ever tried this "Amazon Instant Refund" ???

It sounds kind of scary in the same way the instant payment option works on Amazon Trade Ins. But there really shouldn't be a problem as long as I return everything with the broken NFS PS4 I ordered within 30 days, right?

I'm going to call Amazon customer service and hopefully speak with someone competent because I don't know WTF I'm doing. I am just tempted to do the "instant refund" so I can pay off the $277 PS4 I just ordered....
Yeah Ive done that before a couple times without a problem.

Is it anonymous or is there some way that the employee will know it was me? I just don't want a Jr. Detective on my ass every time I trade in something.

I do a bit of flipping whenever the opportunity strikes.
i don't think you will see many people trading in a used ps4 for a brand new ps4. LOL

Yeah Ive done that before a couple times without a problem.
Thanks. I did it. The CS person said the giftcard portion should be refunded within 24 hours and the debit card portion should show back up in my account in 2 or 3 days. Hopefully I get the giftcard credit back soon. I never ever return anything to Amazon, so hopefully this all works out and I receive a working console this time. The only thing making me risk this again is that this time the listing is directly from warehouse deals and also that it's listed as "fully tested and working."

i don't think you will see many people trading in a used ps4 for a brand new ps4. LOL
Lol, yeah. He'll know it was me because I'm probably the only person at his store who tried to trade in a next gen console towards a new next gen console. I'm not going to give him a bad review. I just don't need anyone looking into my gamestop history Jr. Detective style.

Whenever new GS employees who don't know me see how many thousands of dollars I've "saved" being a PowerUpPro member, they usually make a big deal about it. "Wow, I've never seen that before!" It's probably nothing compared to many other CAGs though.

Lol, yeah. He'll know it was me because I'm probably the only person at his store who tried to trade in a next gen console towards a new next gen console. I'm not going to give him a bad review. I just don't need anyone looking into my gamestop history Jr. Detective style.

Whenever new GS employees who don't know me see how many thousands of dollars I've "saved" being a PowerUpPro member, they usually make a big deal about it. "Wow, I've never seen that before!" It's probably nothing compared to many other CAGs though.
you should still give him a bad review, but i know if i was in your shoes, i would not go back to the same store that rejected me once already.

you should still give him a bad review, but i know if i was in your shoes, i would not go back to the same store that rejected me once already.
I agree. If this $277 PS4 works well and cosmetically looks good, I'm just going to keep it. If it's scratched and greasy like the NFS one was, it's going to a different GS store if the $265 TIV somehow holds (very doubtful with an expected delivery date of March 17th).

I agree. If this $277 PS4 works well and cosmetically looks good, I'm just going to keep it. If it's scratched and greasy like the NFS one was, it's going to a different GS store if the $265 TIV somehow holds (very doubtful with an expected delivery date of March 17th).
About how much trade in credit would you get

i think you should still try to trade it into gs, even if it works well. but just not trading it into the same gs that rejected you already. since it is always better to have a peace of mind, when it comes to hardware. Especially, since the tiv is that good.

About how much trade in credit would you get
It's $397.50 towards a Xbox One, Wii U or PS4 with the 50% bonus. Maybe someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the GS employee has to scan a barcode from their book for the 50% bonus to apply. I might be wrong (and I secretly hope I'm wrong).

Got my not for sale ps4 today. It was basically sealed. It had the plastic film on the controller buttons still. All the codes worked and I tested the blu ray player. When I turned it on it went to safe mode but after I installed the latest firmware it works like a charm. I am one of the lucky ones.

It's $397.50 towards a Xbox One, Wii U or PS4 with the 50% bonus. Maybe someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the GS employee has to scan a barcode from their book for the 50% bonus to apply. I might be wrong (and I secretly hope I'm wrong).
yeah, that is how these type of promo usually work. even with the 30% promo trade in toward select preorder games, they have to scan a barcode from their book. so the 10% for being a powerup member does not stack?

Got my NFS-PS4 today.  Came in legit PS4 box with playstation sticker covering the close flap (which I thought was a good sign).  HOWEVER, although the condition of the console came in fine, there's no hdmi cable, no usb charging cable (AAAGGH), no headset (just a weird headphone thing), and no controller (wtf).  Did come with a power cord and HDMI cable.  No codes either. 

Since I cant even test it, the big issue now is do I try to get a replacement controller from Amazon, or do I just return it.  Thought about maybe doing the gamestop switch up for a new unit or xboxone, but that doens't seem likely now.

edit: it did come with an hdmi cable lol

Oh okay I might do the same , depending on the condition , would I be able to convert it to amazon credit

Got my NFS-PS4 today. Came in legit PS4 box with playstation sticker covering the close flap (which I thought was a good sign). HOWEVER, although the condition of the console came in fine, there's no hdmi cable, no usb charging cable (AAAGGH), no headset (just a weird headphone thing), and no controller (wtf). Did come with a power cord and HDMI cable. No codes either.

Since I cant even test it, the big issue now is do I try to get a replacement controller from Amazon, or do I just return it. Thought about maybe doing the gamestop switch up for a new unit or xboxone, but that doens't seem likely now.
unless you can somehow persuade an amazon cs rep, to send you all those missing parts for free. i would return it.

Got my NFS-PS4 today. Came in legit PS4 box with playstation sticker covering the close flap (which I thought was a good sign). HOWEVER, although the condition of the console came in fine, there's no hdmi cable, no usb charging cable (AAAGGH), no headset (just a weird headphone thing), and no controller (wtf). Did come with a power cord and HDMI cable. No codes either.

Since I cant even test it, the big issue now is do I try to get a replacement controller from Amazon, or do I just return it. Thought about maybe doing the gamestop switch up for a new unit or xboxone, but that doens't seem likely now.
So there's no hdmi cable, but it did come with a HDMI cable? :whistle2:

That sucks, maybe amazon can work out something for you as long as the console works.

bread's done
Back