Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

it was 43.xx and it popped up on page 2 when that small stock pop hit but i couldnt one click it so not a huge loss to you

Last edited by a moderator:
it was 43.xx and it popped up on page 2 when that small stock pop hit but i couldnt one click it
Well that's actually rather disappointing then. SMB3D World was up in (instantly disappearing droves) for $35-38 when it started appearing and stayed that way for a few weeks. Was really hoping for a repeat of that. At $43 that's more than going to BBY and getting it new with GCU and tax.

If your a collector, the box is 80% of the value.
Yep, people that buy these expensive things value the cardboard more than what's inside. After all in 20 years it's going to be relatively easy to find what's inside, but finding it sealed inside the perfect cardboard will be much harder.

Yep, people that buy these expensive things value the cardboard more than what's inside. After all in 20 years it's going to be relatively easy to find what's inside, but finding it sealed inside the perfect cardboard will be much harder.
Don't forget the smell. Any true collector knows the smell of factory sealed, non-box-damaged contents. Box damage ruins the aroma.

Don't forget the smell. Any true collector knows the smell of factory sealed, non-box-damaged contents. Box damage ruins the aroma.
Lets all the savory chemical odor out.

Pretty sure that I just wasted the last however many days hunting that damned dirty ape as I'm now contemplating just getting it digital, skipping the tax and essentially getting it for $35 after the DDP promo. I really need to start thinking of these things before I waste such huge chunks of my time.

Yeah that is kinda high for a game that retails for 50. Hoping down the line we'll see more in the 30 range. I'm also tempted for digital but that download size is really unappealing (trying to save my hard drive for Mario kart and smash) and I dunno if DK is a game I'd play frequently enough to justify digital.

Came home from work yesterday, found my X1 Day One edition waiting for me. Upon inspection, box was resealed, and I everything was used. No Day One code, sadly. Looks to be in good condition, but considering it was a VG... :twisted:  I'll post some pics, so the more discerning users can comment about it.

Came home from work yesterday, found my X1 Day One edition waiting for me. Upon inspection, box was resealed, and I everything was used. No Day One code, sadly. Looks to be in good condition, but considering it was a VG... :twisted: I'll post some pics, so the more discerning users can comment about it.
Was this the one for $383? Not bad still I'd say.

On another x1 note, is the kinect required? Googling says no, but I want to make sure. I've seen some cheap xbox ones being sold without kinect and wondering if I would be missing out on anything. I don't care for voice controls or any of that stuff - plus I see a media remote is coming out soon for it anyway. Just keeping my options open if I want to go the x1 route for cheap, thanks.

On another x1 note, is the kinect required? Googling says no, but I want to make sure. I've seen some cheap xbox ones being sold without kinect and wondering if I would be missing out on anything. I don't care for voice controls or any of that stuff - plus I see a media remote is coming out soon for it anyway. Just keeping my options open if I want to go the x1 route for cheap, thanks.
Kinect is not required but the dashboard is designed in such a way where using the Kinect is preferred. Basically one or two voice commands vs a series of button presses.

I believe the Kinect may be the IR receiver for the remote. I know for certain it is the IR blaster. If you configure the Xbox with your TV / Stereo model, the Kinect will power them on when you turn the Xbox on. Unfortunately, they half assed it and it doesn't set inputs, unless I'm missing something. So that feature is kinda useless unless you only have a cable box and Xbox hooked up. I guess that's what they want but, realistically, people have other stuff too. Otherwise, why have 4 HDMI ports on our TVs?!?

I believe the Kinect may be the IR receiver for the remote. I know for certain it is the IR blaster. If you configure the Xbox with your TV / Stereo model, the Kinect will power them on when you turn the Xbox on. Unfortunately, they half assed it and it doesn't set inputs, unless I'm missing something. So that feature is kinda useless unless you only have a cable box and Xbox hooked up. I guess that's what they want but, realistically, people have other stuff too. Otherwise, why have 4 HDMI ports on our TVs?!?
I'm guessing it must be the brand/size as my lg tvs only have one hdmi on them. hell the one only has 1 slot to plug the systems av cord things into. (disclaimer not a very tech savvy person)

Got mine today and like yours, it's obviously not brand new. Some scuffs on the top of the console and lots of dust on everything! But...after a little cleaning up and hooking it up, I'm happy to say its 100% working. Plus, where I have it in my setup you can't see any of the scuffs on top, so it looks perfect. AND, Day One code was unused. Very happy with my first big AWD purchase.
Well...update time. Turns out the disk drive is crap, got the infamous grinding noise! So check it all out thoroughly if you guys get one, mine is on its way to Microsoft for the repair/replace. Fun times!

Well...update time. Turns out the disk drive is crap, got the infamous grinding noise! So check it all out thoroughly if you guys get one, mine is on its way to Microsoft for the repair/replace. Fun times!
i like to think of it as getting a brand new x1, with free game, for the discounted AWD price you paid.

oh and a month of live

i like to think of it as getting a brand new x1, with free game, for the discounted AWD price you paid.

oh and a month of live
How exactly do they go about giving you the free game? Im not doing the Advanced Exchange program either because I dont like the idea of a $500 hold on my credit card till they get the old system back. Wonder if I'll still get offered the free game now...

[quote name="aspen1284" post="11560496" timestamp="1393432265"]How exactly do they go about giving you the free game? Im not doing the Advanced Exchange program either because I dont like the idea of a $500 hold on my credit card till they get the old system back. Wonder if I'll still get offered the free game now...[/quote]
Its an xbox exclusive title only tho so that kinda sucks lol

I snagged this one for $408.xx, but I had credit, so it came down to $200.xx. I'm curious to see how it stacks up, considering the description was VG, so I'm playtesting it when I get home. I just hope I don't get the damn noise and everything works fine. A quick redbox rental because I didn't buy any game for it. Also, for those savvy about the X1, how do I verify if the console was registered with Microsoft? Would be nice to have their one year warranty at least. Thanks in advance.

So redbox doesn't have a current gen selection. Great.

I snagged this one for $408.xx, but I had credit, so it came down to $200.xx. I'm curious to see how it stacks up, considering the description was VG, so I'm playtesting it when I get home. I just hope I don't get the damn noise and everything works fine. A quick redbox rental because I didn't buy any game for it. Also, for those savvy about the X1, how do I verify if the console was registered with Microsoft? Would be nice to have their one year warranty at least. Thanks in advance.

So redbox doesn't have a current gen selection. Great.
Maybe playing a Bluray would work to test it? Maybe not... I'm not sure if they spin at max "installing game to hard disk" speed.

Got my G $1.67 copy of Madden 12 PS3. Looks brand new, papers are all still inside. I have not tested the online pass yet to see if it still works.
EA abandoned the online pass system so you should be good regardless :D

I'm of the philosophy that collecting things that you don't use is pretty fuckin stupid. That's just me though.
I had a friend told me once that he bought the best pair of shoes he ever had and that if he could've, he would've bought another pair just to keep unused. Made me think that if I buy something I like or to collect, I would use it so much that if it breaks down, then I would buy another. So I can understand where you are coming from.

[quote name="Zeldafanatic15" post="11560776" timestamp="1393437654"]Completely forgot about EA abandoning that. Awesome. Lol[/quote]
I agree. Paying to play a used game that you already purchased sucks.

Bummer. Haven't had that with mine, but I haven't played anything yet (I did put the Ryse disc in, but I haven't run it yet). I think I may trade it to GameStop tonight, though. I really shouldn't have bought it in the first place. It would have been different (slightly) if Amazon was still tax-free for me.

Just picked up 3 copies of Fighter Within for Xbox One for $18.01 plus tax in Very Good condition, will wait for BB to do their 100% promo, they show $20 TIV, or trade in to GameStop if base value is still $18.00 using their 30% + 10% promo.

Just picked up 3 copies of Fighter Within for Xbox One for $18.01 plus tax in Very Good condition, will wait for BB to do their 100% promo, they show $20 TIV, or trade in to GameStop if base value is still $18.00 using their 30% + 10% promo.
Best Buy normally drops their TIV's when they do 100% so you'll probably still be getting $20 TIV or maybe $22

Not a great buy. When BB does their next 100% TIV, you'll probably be getting $24 tops for those. With taxes, you'd be lucky to make $3-4 bucks per game.

Not worth it IMO.

Of course they would then test yours and not return it for four months. Speaking of which I need to see how long it's been since they rejected one of those Borderlands 2 loot chests for no apparent reason, still no tracking number.
I sent in a book almost a year ago, they rejected it for "wrong ISBN number" (even though I bought it from them), and they never returned it even though I'd set that option.

Got my $132 (G) Amazon 360 250 GB Holiday bundle (Forza and Skyrim bundle) for boomerang. This thing would pass for (LN) if he just shipped the Forza game with it instead of a Halo 4.

Even the Skyrim code was unused. I don't feel like a LN rejection so in sending it in (G) for a $204 credit. Decided I'm swapping out controller for a more used one I have. Also gonna redeem the free copy of Skyrim. That way I don't feel bad about not trying for LN.

Got my $132 (G) Amazon 360 250 GB Holiday bundle (Forza and Skyrim bundle) for boomerang. This thing would pass for (LN) if he just shipped the Forza game with it instead of a Halo 4.

Even the Skyrim code was unused. I don't feel like a LN rejection so in sending it in (G) for a $204 credit. Decided I'm swapping out controller for a more used one I have. Also gonna redeem the free copy of Skyrim. That way I don't feel bad about not trying for LN.
Why not try LN and let them downgrade it if they choose to?

Wrong forums. This site doesn't work on reputation points.

I'm not against flipping or anything like that, but people need to value their time, gas, etc a bit higher.
Especially time, depending on the person. I mean, if you have nothing happening, I guess time is worth nil. But I agree that all of the unconsidered costs net companies like eBay or Amazon or whoever most of the actual profit. Or BP.

Well guys I'm noticing some lag with my TV and was wondering, would I be better off trying to snag one off AWD or just go to best buy or etc?

This is was I get for having a Sanyo lol. Works great for tv but gaming just seems blah. Sorry if this to OT. Just been watching tv section of AWD lately and an highly interested in a few that pop up.

Well guys I'm noticing some lag with my TV and was wondering, would I be better off trying to snag one off AWD or just go to best buy or etc?

This is was I get for having a Sanyo lol. Works great for tv but gaming just seems blah. Sorry if this to OT. Just been watching tv section of AWD lately and an highly interested in a few that pop up.
There was some discussion a few pages back about this topic. In short, it is a crapshoot (much like other AWD items). Some of us (myself included) have had very good experiences with AWD and TVs. I got a 65" Panasonic VT60 last month for $2200 (VG) from AWD when they were becoming uber rare. The cheapest new price at the time was $3000 and if you look now, they're up to $4300. My TV was flawless - no scratches, dead pixels or any imperfections. All accessories and original packaging, the TV was basically brand new. So I had a great experience.

bread's done
Back