Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Omg, why have I never thought of this before?!

I'm so doing this now
It's great because, as terrible as gamestop is, their 7-day return is a no-questions-asked policy so that soccer moms and the like will feel okay buying used. The cashier is required to ask you why you returned it but you can give any answer, it doesn't matter. I've used it to get missing manuals, extras (the map from Bully and the origami from Heavy Rain), slipcovers, and cover arts since they will take a return back as long as it's the disc inside a case. If you do it with a credit card then the money isn't ever even removed from your bank account.

I'd just advise to do it at different stores from time to time because, although it's perfectly within policy, it's obviously a waste of their time so a stingy manager may shut you down - though even at this point it's not so bad because you can return the game to any gamestop in the country =p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure we should be talking about this... ahem.  Not going to discuss the correctness of it, but I'm pretty sure this isn't something that is discussed in the forums.

I...technically find that to be wrong.

Do I think you're a morally abhorrent person? No, obviously there are 100x worse things that people do.

but that's still theft, really no grey area about it.

I...technically find that to be wrong.

Do I think you're a morally abhorrent person? No, obviously there are 100x worse things that people do.

but that's still theft, really no grey area about it.
Yeah it is, I acknowledge that fully and don't deny it =] I'm not like the people that try to justify pirating things =p

lol you guys could also just ASK at gamestop if you could have a case / manual...almost always they let me take it...they honestly dont mind since they just print out a generic one right after.

Not sure when they stopped, but a long time ago, GS would put a super-sticky seal on used games when you bought them, so they could tell if you tried to return them after playing them. To keep my cases in better condition, I'd ask them not to put the seal on, and they would inform me that if I bought it without the seal, I wouldn't be able to return it.

Not sure when they stopped, but a long time ago, GS would put a super-sticky seal on used games when you bought them, so they could tell if you tried to return them after playing them. To keep my cases in better condition, I'd ask them not to put the seal on, and they would inform me that if I bought it without the seal, I wouldn't be able to return it.
Doesn't GOO GONE work on that?

That's just for new games. And f them for opening them in the first place?

Their used policy actually says if you don't like the game you can return it in 7 days, so of course you had to open the case.

So, my PS4 (hopefully working, damn FedEx) will be here tomorrow. What are some essentials that I need to pick up other than Playstation Plus? 

Also, whereabouts on price should I be shooting for BF4 & Assassin's Creed on AW? Gracias

So, my PS4 (hopefully working, damn FedEx) will be here tomorrow. What are some essentials that I need to pick up other than Playstation Plus?

Also, whereabouts on price should I be shooting for BF4 & Assassin's Creed on AW? Gracias
Not much really but I'm not a big accessory person.

BF4 and AC4 have regularly gone for $30 on AWD so I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Really not anything worth getting accessory-wise right now. Of course get PS+. And if you happen to find a camera anywhere they're like finding gold. They are so freaking hard to find for some reason.

NOOOO they cancelled my Petz Monkeyz House.

Jerks keep cancelling everything I get from restocks lately.

Has 3D Dot Game Heroes ever been around the $10 mark in AWD (or anywhere, for that matter)? I recently got an itch to pick that back up and work on its trophies after starting it years ago, losing interest, and trading it in somewhere while the value was still good.

I could pick up a copy from Gamestop for $10.39+tax after b-day coupon, but I figured I'd ask about AWD first.

I just noticed that it's $9.99 used at Bestbuy.com, but do I take the risk on it not coming complete...? :whistle2:k
Toysrus has it for $9.99 new in store. I've seen it still kicking around at my local ones. Worth a shot to look by you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unless GoHastings has a XX% off and free shipping sale, I don't think the price would necessarily be that much better--they tend to run 30-40% off sales (with 50% off occasionally), but the $2.28 per item shipping would effectively negate that discount and put the game in the $7-$8 range after shipping. Also, since I have BBY & GS credit, I'd prefer to spend that over using Paypal at GoHastings, so saving a whopping $2 isn't all that enticing to me.

Again, though, if they ran a percent-off and free shipping promo, I'd likely jump on it since that would place it in the $4-$5 range.
8.99 at bby used and in stock if you have gcu

Edit - like eight hours too late, carry on

It's great because, as terrible as gamestop is, their 7-day return is a no-questions-asked policy so that soccer moms and the like will feel okay buying used. The cashier is required to ask you why you returned it but you can give any answer, it doesn't matter. I've used it to get missing manuals, extras (the map from Bully and the origami from Heavy Rain), slipcovers, and cover arts since they will take a return back as long as it's the disc inside a case. If you do it with a credit card then the money isn't ever even removed from your bank account.

I'd just advise to do it at different stores from time to time because, although it's perfectly within policy, it's obviously a waste of their time so a stingy manager may shut you down - though even at this point it's not so bad because you can return the game to any gamestop in the country =p
Just be aware that employees above the entry level (LGA, SGA, ASM and SM) are required to look out for "repeat offenders" (people abusing the policy). They can and are encouraged by corporate to "cut you off" if you return too many items within a short period of time. Usually when they ask you why you returned the item, its to make sure its not defective so they can re-sell.

If ever an employee casually mentions that you "return a lot of stuff", take that as "you have been reported to management". Best advice, if you return often, spread it around as many stores as you can, and as many different employees as you can. Most managers wont give two shits about you returning stuff, but they can and will use it to get their own back on people who argue policy or are generally douchbags to the staff.

Most importantly, if they do cut you off, its company wide. Usually they attach to your power up card or your ID. I went through this several times when i was a GS manager.

They just cancelled the $4 Skylanders kit and the magically appearing Xone as well on me.  Don't know why I even order anything from them lately, very nearly everything I've ordered has been cancelled.

So basically 90% of that last restock was a lie. :rofl:

They just cancelled the $4 Skylanders kit and the magically appearing Xone as well on me. Don't know why I even order anything from them lately, very nearly everything I've ordered has been cancelled.

So basically 90% of that last restock was a lie. :rofl:
How is that possible? It didn't used to be that way.

How is that possible? It didn't used to be that way.
*shrug* I would chalk it up to bad luck but you see a bunch of other people got stuff cancelled all at the same time. so I think it's something on their end.

Wow, $4 Skylanders? What was it? The original?
Yeah, it was the 3DS original. Had a WiiU Giants kit for $5 from the previous big restock that got cancelled and that was truely disappointing.

my guess is their ordering system has some sort of race condition, so two people can order one item and the system thinks it's available for both of them
still its a bit frustrating I thought I would have gotten a ps3 for really cheap and they will problably not come that low soon

still its a bit frustrating I thought I would have gotten a ps3 for really cheap and they will problably not come that low soon
They probably got a metric shit ton of orders for the 60gb ps3 within seconds. As cool as it is to have the OG model... Those things are sketchy as hell as far as reliability. Especially 7 years later.

Let's hope mine goes through. I had the a $43 (g) one. But free shipping since no prime. No cancellation yet.

They probably got a metric shit ton of orders for the 60gb ps3 within seconds. As cool as it is to have the OG model... Those things are sketchy as hell as far as reliability. Especially 7 years later.
Well I thought the same about my pspgo I ordered. Still holds a great charge for being used most my time at work and being a 5 year old handheld. It's just bad luck when your console gives up and dies on you.

bread's done
Back