Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

On topic but off topic. How do I know how good my ps3 I got is. Test ps3 game test ps2 game. Should I leave it running for a few hours?
Yeah, test it by playing both the ps3 and ps2 games. See it doesn't run too hot. Also, check for the vents that they are clean and hot air blows out of it. If the air blowing out isn't hot, it isn't dispersing heat from the unit out correctly and you run the risk of it running into ylod. Streaming and other activities doesn't put as much strain as does reading and running games from the disk so target hardware demanding game like GTA, Last of Us, Just Cause 2, Uncharted, etc to stress test.

Yeah, test it by playing both the ps3 and ps2 games. See it doesn't run too hot. Also, check for the vents that they are clean and hot air blows out of it. If the air blowing out isn't hot, it isn't dispersing heat from the unit out correctly and you run the risk of it running into ylod. Streaming and other activities doesn't put as much strain as does reading and running games from the disk so target hardware demanding game like GTA, Last of Us, Just Cause 2, Uncharted, etc to stress test.
It's pushing hot air out and seems blockage free. Runs sleeping dogs smoothly and so far been up for an hour no problems. Going to try the last of us now and then I have to borrow a ps2 game lmao. Sadly I own 0 haha

And is ht air bad? Or normal for these ones?
Thanks for the tips guys!!

I had my brother play COD Ghosts for a few hours. It was blowing out hot air, and it was quite loud. Thinking about repasting it JIC

It's pushing hot air out and seems blockage free. Runs sleeping dogs smoothly and so far been up for an hour no problems. Going to try the last of us now and then I have to borrow a ps2 game lmao. Sadly I own 0 haha

And is ht air bad? Or normal for these ones?
Thanks for the tips guys!!
The hot air blowing from vents is good. That means the fan is working as it should. Congrats on this, since so far you are the second person out of 5 other people to report a working console. Those were really a crapshoot to who got what and in what working condition.

I had my brother play COD Ghosts for a few hours. It was blowing out hot air, and it was quite loud. Thinking about repasting it JIC
Not a bad idea. After going to slims, I forgot how loud those phat ps3s were and they are loud and run hot (which is normal). Charm of 1st generation of console before redesign and tweaks down the line.

Mine didn't seem loud. Is that a problem? It hums but no more then my super slim really. Well I will do more tests and post later. Bed time before work. So glad this showed up now or else it would have sat on my doorstep until tomorrow lol

Btw if any good cheap ps2 games come up lemme know. I sorta skipped most of the ps2 gen :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You bet! Their are a whole bunch of good ones out there but really boils down to what you are into.
I think the last ps2 game I remember playing was legends of Legia 2 or something like that. It was dope but hardly remember it and arc the lad. Obviously kingdom hearts games haha

Mine didn't seem loud. Is that a problem? It hums but no more then my super slim really. Well I will do more tests and post later. Bed time before work. So glad this showed up now or else it would have sat on my doorstep until tomorrow lol
Didn't answer your question. No it isn't a problem if it isn't loud but it will and can get loud from hum to a whirl when it is reading a game disk and or doing some heavy lifting in processing the said game.

I think the last ps2 game I remember playing was legends of Legia 2 or something like that. It was dope but hardly remember it and arc the lad. Obviously kingdom hearts games haha
So jrpgs and or rpgs in general, cool! There is litany of good ones on ps2 from Final Fantasy to Kingdom Hearts to Persona / Shin Megami Tensei series to Tales series, to Valkyrie Profile 2 to Disgaes to Star Ocean to Castlevania, Xenosaga series, .hack series, etc. I can keep going because there is plenty to choose. Oh and if you are fan of rpgs I would certainly check out Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath series as well. Then their are all other games like God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Ace Combat, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Onimusha series, Dark Cloud Series. The list can go on.

Bayonetta ps3 went up $4.50   :shock:

OFC it happens when I find out the copy I picked up at gamestop repeatedly fails installation

Is 41 dollars a good price for super Mario 3d world for the wii u? Just bought a wii u today, so I need some games, lol. I hear it's good.
It has popped up at $35 and consistently at $41 so if you can hold out for cheaper then by all means but yes that is still good price for this game given how the other Mario game has held its value, which still hovers at AWD around $35 to $36.

Bayonetta ps3 went up $4.50 :shock:

OFC it happens when I find out the copy I picked up at gamestop repeatedly fails installation
Naturally because I've been watching it creep down a few cents at a time for weeks, waiting for it to hit like $12 so I could feel OK buying it. Then it disappeared yesterday.

I'm going back to the lake.

Wow, that was fast! :shock:

Should be an Acceptable copy of Mario Party that I canceled coming back in at some point for $7 something.

I was looking at the used listings for Xbox One, and I'm surprised that so many have missing items.

A while back I sold something that was supposed to be a bundle, but I listed the item on its own, and clearly stated in the description that it wasn't a bundle. The person who bought it complained and Amazon sided with them and made me refund. They stated that policy was that the item you're selling must match the item you list under. It doesn't matter what's in the description. I guess a lot has changed...

I got a Mario party 5 with one click. But I have one click set as an empty visa gift card. Do they tend to cancel when you use this method or will they ask me for another form of payment when it bounces?

bread's done
Back