Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread X

Does anybody have the amazon credit card and can they say it's any benefit to them?
I have one and I order basically everything from Amazon. Triple points build up fast, and they conveniently let you use your points right at checkout, no need to mess with the credit card company as a middle-man like most rewards cards. It's not at all uncommon that I'll be buying something that's $10-15 dollars and see I have enough points to completely cover it.

Edit: I originally got mine in college and ordered my textbooks off of Amazon. That was a good $20-30 in points per semester by itself. Definitely would recommend it for college students, if that happens to apply to you (or anyone else reading this).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a URL for South Park Stick of Truth used? I can't figure out how to get there from the normal page because GoHastings is selling the CE and Amazon is selling the standard, but there aren't more options for either where I can click on a link to go to more details about all of the sellers/types available.

I have one and I order basically everything from Amazon. Triple points build up fast, and they conveniently let you use your points right at checkout, no need to mess with the credit card company as a middle-man like most rewards cards. It's not at all uncommon that I'll be buying something that's $10-15 dollars and see I have enough points to completely cover it.

Edit: I originally got mine in college and ordered my textbooks off of Amazon. That was a good $20-30 in points per semester by itself. Definitely would recommend it for college students, if that happens to apply to you (or anyone else reading this).
It doesn't make any sense to use the points right at checkout, then you won't receive points on the purchase. If you get an account credit (credit card account, not Amazon account) then you'll still get points on whatever you buy on Amazon with that credit.

It doesn't make any sense to use the points right at checkout, then you won't receive points on the purchase. If you get an account credit (credit card account, not Amazon account) then you'll still get points on whatever you buy on Amazon with that credit.
If I have a choice between clicking one button at checkout and losing 30-45 cents worth of points, and screwing around with the rewards section of the Chase website (which last I used it was far more annoying than it should have been), I'll live with the loss of pocket change. But you are correct, that way does maximize your rewards.

Looks like my not for sale PS4 got bumped to tomorrow because of the snow. :(
First world problems! At least your order went through!

Haha I'm just being salty. Probably 30+ orders canceled between X1 and PS4. Oh well, still got a Titanfall bundle coming on the 11th. Pretty pumped.

My PS4 came in today! A day earlier than it was supposed to.
The box was pretty beat up but other than that it was in great condition. It looks like the guy that had it before me traded it in after 2 weeks so if the bonus codes work I'll be set.
Hope it turns out this good for everyone else that got one!

The box was pretty beat up but other than that it was in great condition. It looks like the guy that had it before me traded it in after 2 weeks so if the bonus codes work I'll be set.
Lucky bro I got all of them canceled

You got the replacement do not sale order? I assume you tested it.

My $254.xx PS4 just arrived and the box looks fine.  It's definitely been opened though.  Going to test it out in a few.

And yes, mine was the Not for Resale one from a few days ago.

My "Not for Sale" PS4 also arrived today.  Everything looks to be in pretty good shape.  I swapped it in for my current PS4 and after running through the initial setup it works and sounds like it should.  Sorry I can't do some more testing right now...have a 4 hour drive ahead of me that I need to get started on.

Should note the 1 major downside:  There was not a controller in the box!

On a scale of "Sell it to my friend for cost" or "Make it Gamestop's problem" I'd be fine selling this to my friend once I get the missing controller issue sorted out.  

Wow reading about all these replacement consoles is giving me a warm and fuzzy about mine that comes on Friday :D! With the titanfall bundle next week I'll be set for a long time!

Well, bad news for me.  I got a dead video (blinking blue light) console.  Not a biggie, I called Sony and asked for a warranty repair.  They're sending me a coffin.  We'll see how that goes.  Overall, not bad for $254.xx or $102 out of pocket (gift cards).

[quote name="dudeman06" post="11580694" timestamp="1393953205"]My PS4 came in today! A day earlier than it was supposed to.
Hope it turns out this good for everyone else that got one![/quote]

Where are the bonus codes? I didn't see any with mine.

AWD dreams are just the worst. Didn't even have a crazy restock dream, just that I checked my phone in the middle of the night and bought a $5 RE Revelations.

AWD dreams are just the worst. Didn't even have a crazy restock dream, just that I checked my phone in the middle of the night and bought a $5 RE Revelations.
I actually have ordered things from AWD in my sleep. I had to sign out of Amazon on my phone after that.

Does anybody have the amazon credit card and can they say it's any benefit to them?
I use mine for everything. The key is to use it and pay it off within 23 days so you are not charged interest. I get anywhere from 30-100 bucks worth of points each month because I use it everywhere.

My PS4 came in today. Sadly I'm at work for another 6 hours.

I'm getting kind of anxious to see what condition it's in given the wide range of responses so far (BLOD to great). All I need is for it to be good enough to trade in to GS as I finally made my decision to go with the Xbone mainly for Titanfall. With a full trade in value it'll make the titanfall bundle $350 total spent.

What is very interesting also - is that no PS4's have come in stock on the normal AWD page since the "Not For Sale - Replacement PS4" link was posted. 

CS doesn't have any clue either - I sent an email with dozens of order numbers that were cancelled and asked what were the cancelation notes. Since they told me that there are notes all all cancellations. 

What is very interesting also - is that no PS4's have come in stock on the normal AWD page since the "Not For Sale - Replacement PS4" link was posted.

CS doesn't have any clue either - I sent an email with dozens of order numbers that were cancelled and asked what were the cancelation notes. Since they told me that there are notes all all cancellations.
Way to be that guy that calls and ruins it for everyone. ;)

I have it but there are better credit cards for use on amazon out there since Amazon counts as a bookstore in their merchant code. I got a Citi Forward before the rewards program was neutered so I get 5% cash back on every amazon purchase (unlimited 5% on all restaurants, bookstores, and movies/theaters), but since that's no longer available for new credit card accounts then for now I'd say the Sallie Mae Mastercard is the best for year-round amazon purchases. It gives 5% cash back on bookstore purchases, on up to $750 a month (in addition to 5% back on gas and groceries, on up to $250 a month on each). There are some credit cards that give 5% on grocery and office stores where you can buy amazon gift cards. Chase Freedom and Discover It also give 5% on amazon during the 4th quarter of the year on up to $1500. Otherwise, yes, the Amazon cc is pretty nice. I use it occasionally just to keep it alive and I've still built up a nice bundle of cashback, but only use it for amazon purchases. You can very easily get cards that beat the other crappy rewards categories (2% on gas/restaurants/drugstores, 1% for everything else).

There was one up for 410.xx earlier. Some n00b bought it pretty quickly though.

No, that violates the first rule of never calling. Doesn't get you the deal and potentially ruins it for everyone else because you feel entitled.
I doubt and hope that it doesn't ruin it for you - but I am more concerned about getting my recent PS4 order price matched. Its business for me.

I do. I use it to pay all of my bills and buy all my gas and groceries. I end up getting about $30-50 a month in credit.

We are not big onto credit cards, but it fit the need to pay bills over the phone and online easier. I tend to buy more Shit from amazon with it as well.

It may not be the best rewards, but 50 to sign up was reason enough for me.

I doubt and hope that it doesn't ruin it for you - but I am more concerned about getting my recent PS4 order price matched. Its business for me.
That's why you're the newbie and we're the crafty veterans. Trust us, we know what we are talking about.

Where are the bonus codes? I didn't see any with mine.
It was just a little tri-fold insert that had codes for $10 PSN credit, 30 days of PS+, and 30 days of music/video unlimited. To my understanding they came with near launch systems.
Also, I tested the bluray drive with a movie and it worked so all in all I'd say it was a pretty good score!

If anyone one lives in the  bayarea I know a store that will see you n extended warranty for the ps4 without the original receipt, 

Well sad news on my 60GB PS3. Sounds good, Looks good, Worked playing sleeping dogs for a few hours, yet to test a ps2 game though. I popped in the last of us and it has frozen up on me 2 times already. First time made it through 10-15 mins gameplay, after that froze at warning screen.

No bueno :/

bread's done
Back