All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure now that if any game has that "Renewed" mention in the title with AWD, you're going to get a disc only game.  Despite the fact that it has "new" listed as the condition.  As this is the 3rd & 4th game I've ordered from AWD under that "renewed" title and only 1 of the 4 games came with a case & manual.   So maybe the renewed games that show up in this section are discovered to be missing something?

But couldn't turn down getting Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7(Wii) for $1.17 and Star Wars Episode III: RotS(Xbox) for $3.12.

Pretty sure now that if any game has that "Renewed" mention in the title with AWD, you're going to get a disc only game. Despite the fact that it has "new" listed as the condition. As this is the 3rd & 4th game I've ordered from AWD under that "renewed" title and only 1 of the 4 games came with a case & manual. So maybe the renewed games that show up in this section are discovered to be missing something?

But couldn't turn down getting Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7(Wii) for $1.17 and Star Wars Episode III: RotS(Xbox) for $3.12.
Yeah, the Renewed deals are too good to pass up. I've picked up several of them in the last month or so and I'd say it is something like 4 out of every 5 come disk only but I have gotten a couple of complete games so far.

I'm a big fan of Chinese emulation handhelds, and I enjoy hacking them with custom firmware even more than playing games on them.

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now.  The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Opening-Handheld-Console-Portable/dp/B07YKNK73Z/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=rg350&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1594471618&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-7

I ordered one yesterday for $58.79 shipped after applying a $5 gift card that was already on my account. 

This is not the most recent hardware version, but for less than $70, it's a damn good deal since new RG350 models typically range from $110 to $150 in price.

I'm a big fan of Chinese emulation handhelds, and I enjoy hacking them with custom firmware even more than playing games on them.

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now. The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Opening-Handheld-Console-Portable/dp/B07YKNK73Z/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=rg350&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1594471618&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-7

I ordered one yesterday for $58.79 shipped after applying a $5 gift card that was already on my account.

This is not the most recent hardware version, but for less than $70, it's a damn good deal since new RG350 models typically range from $110 to $150 in price.
Sweet, I am debating because I just picked up a new 2ds to hack

If anyone is interested, there are two RG350 handhelds on Amazon Warehouse right now. The RG350 can run everything up to the PS1.

I did not even know this was a thing and now I am very intrigued. Do you have any experience with a PS1 setup on something like this? Is there one with a good quality PS layout to run PS1 stuff? Point me to the rabbit hole if you will, what do you even Google for information on this sort of thing?

What cu

What custom firmware do you put on it?

I did not even know this was a thing and now I am very intrigued. Do you have any experience with a PS1 setup on something like this? Is there one with a good quality PS layout to run PS1 stuff? Point me to the rabbit hole if you will, what do you even Google for information on this sort of thing?
What cu

What custom firmware do you put on it?
Also do you think these are dingers or used?
As a longtime CAG member, I know that CheapyD frowns upon discussions about emulation, and I don't want to get banned for going down that rabbit hole.

And since it's a pet peeve of mine when people send me PMs about such topics, I will simply suggest that you visit the RG350 system sub-Reddit or the Wagner's Tech Talk RG350 fan website below that is run by one of the world's foremost RG350 enthusiasts. More than likely, any questions that you have will be answered by visiting his site.

http://wagnerstechtalk.com/rg350tips/

And I wouldn't pay attention to the product reviews. If someone complains because they see Chinese language on the box or in the instruction manual, they probably shouldn't have wasted their money buying one or their time ordering one.

But I will say that I have purchased other Chinese handhelds from Amazon Warehouse that were already tricked out with everything on them that I needed, custom firmware and all. Others were dingers brand new from the factory except that they were opened, and they became do-it-yourself projects. But I enjoy doing that sort of thing anyway. It's half of the fun. :whee:

If you put in the work and the people in your area aren't the best at spotting decent specs you can get some good deals. BestBuy's Geek Squad and Micro Center's Open Box sometimes put some cheap Desktops for sale as well just bookmark the page and check it every morning. Be willing to drive out quite a distance for a good deal. If you ever buy anything from Micro Center have a friend buy it and return then rebuy it for a 10%-25% discount. Check Slickdeals every day to. Never know when a obscure website will have a killer deal to. Understand that if the Processor and Graphics Card alone sells for more or at least .75 of their value combined value you can easily get parts for a trade as well as some cash. I've made $400+ this month. I just turn on the computer, check some websites, say to myself I will call work that I will be late, get a good deal, resell the parts and make money.

The great thing about pawnshops is the more you build rapport with them the more they are willing to negotiate with you. Use cash as well, it might hurt your credit card rewards but many of them don't file certain cash sales so it is a win for them.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/desktop-computers/all-desktops/pcmcat143400050013.c?id=pcmcat143400050013&qp=graphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201050%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201060%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201070%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201080%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201650%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201650%20SUPER%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201660%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201660%20SUPER%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201660%20Ti%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202060%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202060%20SUPER%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202070%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202070%20SUPER%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202080%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202080%20SUPER%5Egraphicscardsv_facet%3DVideo%20Card~NVIDIA%20GeForce%20RTX%202080%20Ti&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=pricelow&N=4294967288+4294820736&myStore=true

https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=4294967292+4294820736&sortby=pricelow
Got any tips for finding an AVR receiver?

Question: looking at ordering a game and there are two (A) descriptions. Just curious what the consensus is for which is probably in better shape:

A) Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large cosmetic damage on item case. Large cosmetic damage on insert. Large cosmetic damage on cover art.

B) Large mark on disk. Moderate cosmetic damage on item case.

Thanks!

The first one sounds like it might be a dinger. The mark on disk for the second listing sounds questionable about the condition.

I ordered a game a few months ago in Acceptable condition with the description:
Large cosmetic damage on item case. Moderate cosmetic damage on cover art. Item may come repackaged.

It ended up being factory sealed with a small piece of the case missing.

The first one sounds like it might be a dinger.
I actually think B is the closest thing to a dinger description that they give these days. In my experience, "may come repackaged" indicates you're likely getting a return.

In almost all cases I've ordered, "___ mark on disk" is used as a general description to refer to a cosmetic ding on the product itself. Rarely if ever has it been talking about the surface of the actual game media. You'll often see it on something like a controller, where no disk is even present.

Of course, it's also possible to receive something that completely different from the description given. As always with AWD, results will vary case by case.

Thx for the heads up on these. I had been eyeing a RG350M as my first dip into the RG350 but this price was too tempting to pass up. Device arrived fine, after a charge it is running fine. Will look at expanding the catalog as time permits. Comes with enough to keep me occupied for awhile though lol.

Thx for the heads up on these. I had been eyeing a RG350M as my first dip into the RG350 but this price was too tempting to pass up. Device arrived fine, after a charge it is running fine. Will look at expanding the catalog as time permits. Comes with enough to keep me occupied for awhile though lol.
What's the condition?

What's the condition?
It looked new, no protective film on screen if they come that way (?). It wasn't sealed, but I don't know if they come that way. Honestly it looked like some one opened it, took it out and then tossed it back in. Not in the right order though as the shaped foam pad was under the unit. But there are no visible flaws. The 32gb card was included and preloaded and the power cable was still bundled under the unit.

If I'm submitting a console like a PS4 to Amazon what do I need to include? Do I need to include the headphone set
I would check the trade in thread for the answer. But I think they require everything but the headset. But I could be wrong and thinking of GameStop.

This is gonna sound extremely noob-ish of me, but what does "dinger" mean exactly? Thank you!
A dinger is a brand new (or basically brand new) product that Amazon throws on the warehouse bc the box may have dings in it or similarly miniscule issues (wrapping may be torn or off but it's still new, or box might have creases/dent in it). Getting a dinger is a big score bc it's basically just saving money on a new product

This is gonna sound extremely noob-ish of me, but what does "dinger" mean exactly? Thank you!
Just as Miker described, everything in my copy was still sealed and had the original plastic wrap over it. The plastic wrap was slightly torn in the front with a small tear on the slipcover at the top. Everything else was perfect. My description was something like "Acceptable: Item will come in original packaging. Large mark on disk." Always a hit or miss with AMZ Warehouse descriptions, but I got lucky this time.

It looked new, no protective film on screen if they come that way (?). It wasn't sealed, but I don't know if they come that way. Honestly it looked like some one opened it, took it out and then tossed it back in. Not in the right order though as the shaped foam pad was under the unit. But there are no visible flaws. The 32gb card was included and preloaded and the power cable was still bundled under the unit.
Mine came yesterday. The foam pad was on top of the unit, but the unit was still in the plastic bag. There wasn't a protective film on the screen, but I've never seen a protective film come on any of my Chinese handhelds that I bought brand new. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a protective film on any of my American handhelds either...that I can remember. But everything was in the box. Power cable and instruction manual were underneath the unit. So pretty much the same experience on my end.

I'm fairly certain that they have to open the boxes to inspect them if they are considered Amazon Warehouse items. I've never gotten anything from Warehouse that came factory sealed, and I've bought things other than video games from there.

Mine came yesterday. The foam pad was on top of the unit, but the unit was still in the plastic bag. There wasn't a protective film on the screen, but I've never seen a protective film come on any of my Chinese handhelds that I bought brand new. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a protective film on any of my American handhelds either...that I can remember. But everything was in the box. Power cable and instruction manual were underneath the unit. So pretty much the same experience on my end.

I'm fairly certain that they have to open the boxes to inspect them if they are considered Amazon Warehouse items. I've never gotten anything from Warehouse that came factory sealed, and I've bought things other than video games from there.
You must have missed the ps4 pro controllers then as they were all dingers and they had them for like a month because of the sheer amount. I regret not grabbing more than one but I didn't want to be greedy.

Did yours come with games already on it? Mine did. I had a light day at work, so I sat in my office tooling around with the damn thing. Someone had already set up the custom firmware on the internal memory with games for the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, Master System, Turbografx 16, Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo Pocket, MAME, Wonderswan, and PlayStation on an external 32 gb memory card. Not the entire libraries, but there were enough to make the afternoon go by pretty quickly. Glad that I didn't get it straight from the factory. :D/

Did yours come with games already on it? Mine did. I had a light day at work, so I sat in my office tooling around with the damn thing. Someone had already set up the custom firmware on the internal memory with games for the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, Master System, Turbografx 16, Neo-Geo AES, Neo-Geo Pocket, MAME, Wonderswan, and PlayStation on an external 32 gb memory card. Not the entire libraries, but there were enough to make the afternoon go by pretty quickly. Glad that I didn't get it straight from the factory. :D/
Yes indeed :) Though I haven't found any PS games....yet. I also spent a little time in between things at work today trying out different emulators on it lol. I'll have to compare your list against what I'm seeing on mine to see what I might be missing or likely just overlooking. Most if not all of what you listed I definitely saw. Now I really want a RG350M, but that's just because that aluminum chassis looks beautiful. This should tide me over though until the M drops in price.

Yes indeed :) Though I haven't found any PS games....yet. I also spent a little time in between things at work today trying out different emulators on it lol. I'll have to compare your list against what I'm seeing on mine to see what I might be missing or likely just overlooking. Most if not all of what you listed I definitely saw. Now I really want a RG350M, but that's just because that aluminum chassis looks beautiful. This should tide me over though until the M drops in price.
Yup, I overlooked PSX....it's there.
As I read the RG350 sub-Reddit, I noticed mentions of people getting their systems with 2300 games pre-loaded onto them. It is suggested to not update the firmware unless you know what you're doing. So I'm going to play mine as is for now. And don't play it while charging because you can damage it that way. Enjoy!

Is there any option to mod the buttons on the RG350 to make them Tri, X, Square, Cir?
If you mean the emulator button set-up, the PlayStation button set-up might mirror that of Japan where the face buttons are reversed from the default setting that we use in the West.

If you mean the actual buttons on the system, there are custom buttons that you can buy to replace them. I've seen people mod all of the Chinese handhelds to their personal specifications.

Have you checked out Wagner's Tech Talk or the RG-350 sub-Reddit? Those are the best resources that I've been able to find about the RG-350 system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RG350/

http://wagnerstechtalk.com/rg350tips/

For the retro Nintendo stuff, what link do you use to see when those deals pop up, and what days/times?
I don't think there is a specific day or time. My experience in an Amazon Warehouse leads me to believe it's just whenever the person grading/pricing it gets to it on the trolly full of returns, damaged packaging etc.

And as a person who purchases regularly from the warehouse section, it has been very random to find something you want. My best luck has been around 4am est. But I'm certain that's just luck/random. 10pm, 3pm... i just check regularly and hope to find something.

Copies of Granblue Fantasy: Versus Premium Edition ranging from $55-60
I bought an acceptable copy for $50 the other day and it was a dinger. Very happy!
So I rolled the dice on this one and mine was not a dinger. It was opened and the included code was redeemed. It says it is for the original Granblue which I am ok not getting but was there supposed to be another code included? Or is the rest of the DLC unlocked from the disk? Any info is appreciated.

Update: NM, watched half a dozen YouTube unboxing videos and tracked down the answer. Second code was behind the character card. It was also redeemed. Now to debate returning it.

So I rolled the dice on this one and mine was not a dinger. It was opened and the included code was redeemed. It says it is for the original Granblue which I am ok not getting but was there supposed to be another code included? Or is the rest of the DLC unlocked from the disk? Any info is appreciated.

Update: NM, watched half a dozen YouTube unboxing videos and tracked down the answer. Second code was behind the character card. It was also redeemed. Now to debate returning it.
Damn, sorry to hear that man. Yeah those types of items are always a difficult choice for me to make. I typically don't care about DLC, but I like my boxes to be pretty pristine as I display them.

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Yeah those types of items are always a difficult choice for me to make. I typically don't care about DLC, but I like my boxes to be pretty pristine as I display them.
No worries, it was a dice I rolled, I know too well the potential outcome. I don't have very good success rate when it comes to DLC, and this purchase has made me further reconsider attempting to buy with DLC in mind.

Thank you! Somehow I had a promotional credit, so this turned into a free rental.

Edit: Much better than I expected. I plan on watching it again before the 48 hours are up. And it goes on my Black Friday wish list. Thanks again.

I ordered this off-brand 7-inch IPS touchscreen from Amazon Warehouse last week, and it arrived yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085C172KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The condition was "acceptable," but it didn't show up with the box or the instructions or the screws for the mounts.  But after a $10 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards, I only paid $32.64 for it.  And it works decently enough with my Genesis Mini and my PlayStation Classic when I use a phone charger to power it.

I'm considering using it for a Raspberry Pi build that will be my next "quarantine" project (quarantine is in quotes because I go to work five days a week to pay for all of the crap that I buy from Amazon Warehouse). 

Amazon price matched Best Buy's Nintendo Labo VR price of $19.99, and I noticed they had one in acceptable condition for $15.99 with large cosmetic damage on the case. I snagged it hoping it just has a crushed box.

*Edit*
It was definitely a return, but everything is new. The game is still shrink wrapped and everything. The box is beat to hell and has part of someone's return label on it, but I'm happy everything is there.

Has anyone seen any deals on desktop PC towers? I need a new PC for everyday use as mine is pushing 7 years old and is starting to fail (ethernet stopped working and now I have a dead USB port). I don't plan to game on it, but I'm having a hard time finding any decent deals as PC stuff seems hard to find since the pandemic started and everyone started working from home.

I ordered this off-brand 7-inch IPS touchscreen from Amazon Warehouse last week, and it arrived yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085C172KQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The condition was "acceptable," but it didn't show up with the box or the instructions or the screws for the mounts. But after a $10 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards, I only paid $32.64 for it. And it works decently enough with my Genesis Mini and my PlayStation Classic when I use a phone charger to power it.

I'm considering using it for a Raspberry Pi build that will be my next "quarantine" project (quarantine is in quotes because I go to work five days a week to pay for all of the crap that I buy from Amazon Warehouse).
I am going to have to keep an eye our for this

bread's done
Back