All Other console and handhelds

PC, Mac and Virtual Reality gaming:

:pc: PC
   Mac

iconcerv.png
  Virtual Reality Gaming

F.A.Q's
What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

What is AmazonSmile?
From Amazon: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.

For more information follow the link below:

About AmazonSmile

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What is this "glitch deals" that I keep hearing about in this thread?
On August 7th, 2014, AWD glitched out similar to how it did around penny deals, except lot of stuff went for cheap instead for a penny. The pricing algorithm went haywire and in the process lot of stuff went for cheap across the AWD spectrum from games to iphones to tablets and everything else in between. The "glitch deal" lasted for maybe a couple of hours and fellow CAGs that were around during that time made out like a bandit. Below is the timeline leading up to the night and the deals that went down on that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I didn't think 50 could even exist in one room; maybe 5 or 15 would make more sense. Unless, people are really getting that bored with current generation.
I think these are coming from the manufacturer. Refurb / b-stock units. That part make sense to me. The automated awd price continuing to fall makes a lot less sense.

I think these are coming from the manufacturer. Refurb / b-stock units. That part make sense to me. The automated awd price continuing to fall makes a lot less sense.
I'm not sure about that. The one I ordered in good condition still has its original manufacturers warranty until Dec 2022.

I'm just suggesting that most of these are coming from Microsoft. They're not being sold as refurb units so no changes to warranty the console had when it originally sold.

Unrelated: My awd searches are working again for the first time in a while.

I'm just suggesting that most of these are coming from Microsoft. They're not being sold as refurb units so no changes to warranty the console had when it originally sold.

Unrelated: My awd searches are working again for the first time in a while.
Wouldn't these be most likely returns tho? I don't see Microsoft taking a hit at $240 or so for an (A) model, when you still have issues finding consoles in stores lol.

Wouldn't these be most likely returns tho? I don't see Microsoft taking a hit at $240 or so for an (A) model, when you still have issues finding consoles in stores lol.
The consistency of the condition and packaging on these consoles (in significant quantity) suggest they're coming from another source then just returns.

in any case it's amazon taking the hit on these by means of their automated pricing tanking.

The consistency of the condition and packaging on these consoles (in significant quantity) suggest they're coming from another source then just returns.

in any case it's amazon taking the hit on these by means of their automated pricing tanking.
So many of us have had them show up with everything wrapped as though they were still in the original packaging that I don't know what to make of it. Is that a thing that happens with refurbs? FWIW my manufacture date is Nov '21.

So many of us have had them show up with everything wrapped as though they were still in the original packaging that I don't know what to make of it. Is that a thing that happens with refurbs? FWIW my manufacture date is Nov '21.
Mine was the same, no original box but looked brand new minus the controller which was obviously used. Warranty is good through March 2023.

Yikes, here I thought the Vita proprietor memory cards were bad. This and Sony's PS5 internal memory expansion has me glad that I can't find a current generation console.
I have a Series X and unless I was a digital hoarder, I can't see a reason for one of these. A regular HDD will work fine for most games and I have plenty of room on the internal SSD for the games that require the faster storage.

I'm trying to install my cheap copy of Tales to Arise ($13) on my cheap awd seriex s ($257).  Installation always stops between 68-72%.  Changing to the 2nd data disc just prompts me to inset disc 1, where it will just again sit at "installation stopped."  I even tried deleting it and starting fresh - same problem.  It's not a network connectivity problem and there's plenty of storage space.  Is the delivery just smarter than I am?

Edit:  Yes, it was.  Apparently I needed 200gb of free space for it to auto-install the 40gb game.  It started progressing again after I moved some things to external.

Stupid question: I bought some items on b2g1 sale, but the items constantly change. There are now items id rather have than my original order which is set to arrive today. If I return a single item bought on a B2G1 do I get refunded the sale price calculated with discount? Something else? It's not possible to ask amazon to swap out an item on the order after shipment right? 

I have a few minor questions, hopefully someone can answer them for me here. But I recently purchased a recently released headset under AWD. It was $100 off. So $250 instead of $350. It arrived and like usual, It looked good on the outside. Box was in good shape, the headset and parts were all there. Second battery unused. I mean what else can you ask for.... Until you get to the Mixamp/GameDAC. It looks like it been through hell. The AWD condition stated "Used - Good - Small cosmetic imperfection on interior of item. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged."

I personally feel like this was 2x worse? I got it plugged in currently and I can see the scratches or whatever that is on the screen. Its look like someone dropped it due to the minor nick on the top, and that's caused it to get scratched up on the screen maybe? Amazon doesn't even have this model new in stock until mid July. I don't mind waiting I guess, but I don't feel like I should be on the hook for an extra $100.

When I contact Amazon later over this, what should I ask for? I personally don't feel like I should be spending the extra $100 out of pocket. This should've been rated a lower rating on AWD.

https://imgur.com/a/dVQuRUO

Edit: I tried wiping the screen the best I could with no luck....

I personally feel like this was 2x worse? I got it plugged in currently and I can see the scratches or whatever that is on the screen. Its look like someone dropped it due to the minor nick on the top, and that's caused it to get scratched up on the screen maybe? Amazon doesn't even have this model new in stock until mid July. I don't mind waiting I guess, but I don't feel like I should be on the hook for an extra $100.

When I contact Amazon later over this, what should I ask for?
I would personally advise against asking for any kind of partial refund or promo credit. This is a direct route to getting an account flagged. AWD ratings are so arbitrary that you can't really dispute them.

If you're intent on keeping the deal you found, your best angle might be to wait until another awd offering is in stock and ask a rep to do a replacement. I've had this done for me in the past.

Otherwise, I'd just do a full return and chalk up the minor waste of time as the risk always associated with shopping awd items.

I would personally advise against asking for any kind of partial refund or promo credit. This is a direct route to getting an account flagged. AWD ratings are so arbitrary that you can't really dispute them.

If you're intent on keeping your item, your best angle might be to wait until another awd offering is in stock and ask a rep to do a replacement. I've had this done for me in the past.

Otherwise, I'd just do a full return and chalk up the minor waste of time as the risk always associated with shopping awd items.
How many flags do you get before they remove you from Amazon? Considering this item is newer, I don't know when it will be available tbh.

So when selecting the return, Do I just click on Inaccurate website description? Unless I'm wrong, I feel like the description was wrong, but I don't usually use AWD. So did the description feel accurate to you, I just don't wanna make a false claim?

I been using Amazon since 2007. A ding on my account isn't going to hurt. But I won't risk it. I'll just ask the rep what's the best option here.

I’ve received multiple partial refunds and had to do several returns, when I get a wrong item say Xbox one controller vs Xbox Series controller and it’s around $36 or so with tax I’d prefer to return and refund this, I’ve had partials due to Switch consoles that were “very good” or “like new” having joy cons that looked like they had been ran over and scraped over concrete. I feel like it’s all what they list at, acceptable is always a gamble, but I’ve paid a decent amount for some “like new” items that were far from it, I accept a loss within reason but if I buy a switch pro controller and receive a powerA I would rather send back for the refund over accepting the loss. I’ve had less than 5 issues overall but if I were to lose my account over their mistakes I wouldn’t lose sleep, I think there are times it’s appropriate to return an item or discuss the condition issues of “like new” items. I’ve eaten the cost on acceptable items and can definitely say I’ve had more misses on quality than scores since last November.

I’ve received multiple partial refunds and had to do several returns, when I get a wrong item say Xbox one controller vs Xbox Series controller and it’s around $36 or so with tax I’d prefer to return and refund this, I’ve had partials due to Switch consoles that were “very good” or “like new” having joy cons that looked like they had been ran over and scraped over concrete. I feel like it’s all what they list at, acceptable is always a gamble, but I’ve paid a decent amount for some “like new” items that were far from it, I accept a loss within reason but if I buy a switch pro controller and receive a powerA I would rather send back for the refund over accepting the loss. I’ve had less than 5 issues overall but if I were to lose my account over their mistakes I wouldn’t lose sleep, I think there are times it’s appropriate to return an item or discuss the condition issues of “like new” items. I’ve eaten the cost on acceptable items and can definitely say I’ve had more misses on quality than scores since last November.
This was what I wanted to hear. I'm just hoping they have an answer beside return and buy new lolz. Which I may do, seeing how the Xbox Model works on both systems and on PC I think too.

They told me to buy Another AWD Model, and they would refund me the difference in cost. Which is about $100 and some changes. She tried stating I knew what I was buying and it my fault. But once she saw the pictures, She said yeah someone didn't properly put the right description down in the system. Sorry about that.

I got the slightly better model today as stated. I told them when I requested the refund it wasn't much better. But the screen doesn't have many scratches compared to the other Good model. They tried to argue their was nothing in the system stating this refund and they don't do refunds on AWD goods. But after him being patient he finally found the proof needed from the previous rep and got his higher up to approve an refund of $115 back.

I got the slightly better model today as stated. I told them when I requested the refund it wasn't much better. But the screen doesn't have many scratches compared to the other Good model. They tried to argue their was nothing in the system stating this refund and they don't do refunds on AWD goods. But after him being patient he finally found the proof needed from the previous rep and got his higher up to approve an refund of $115 back.
glad that worked out, I’ve been buying from Amazon for well over a decade and I’ve had a few of these odd instances occur throughout that time, from missing items, to the entirely wrong, or as you had an extremely damaged item. They’ve resolved the issues I’ve had with Amazon warehouse items, and have always been super reasonable.

glad that worked out, I’ve been buying from Amazon for well over a decade and I’ve had a few of these odd instances occur throughout that time, from missing items, to the entirely wrong, or as you had an extremely damaged item. They’ve resolved the issues I’ve had with Amazon warehouse items, and have always been super reasonable.
Truth be told this one wasn't perfect either. Which I'm not understanding considering the price on this one was so close to MSRP. ($350 compared to $335 for the Used - Very Good Condition I purchased)

Even at $100 off, it's still hard to justify getting one when I have a OG one that can play homebrew.
I hope whatever Switch successor there is keeps the OLED screen, kickstand and bluetooth improvements.

What kind of conditions have people gotten with these? I was thinking of picking one up but acceptable tho? I don't know.
The one thing I will say is that the stated condition on AWD doesn't seem to mean much. 'Acceptable' often looks LN and 'like new' can often be missing more things.

Either way it's a crap shoot. I'd be perfectly fine with buying 'acceptable' if I decided to gamble on it. Their grading and checking of returned goods is haphazard at best.

The one thing I will say is that the stated condition on AWS doesn't seem to mean much. 'Acceptable' often looks LN and 'like new' can often be missing more things.

Either way it's a crap shoot. I'd be perfectly fine with buying 'acceptable' if I decided to gamble on it. Their grading and checking of returned goods is haphazard at best.
This. Any time I get something with "good" condition it is worse than anything I have gotten that is acceptable.

same here, good has always been a terrible condition item, acceptable is usually great.
The two headsets I recently got were both below average condition for me, meanwhile Amazon stated Used - Good and Used - Very Good on them. Makes me weary of using them in the future. Considering I dinged my account on both returning them.

The two headsets I recently got were both below average condition for me, meanwhile Amazon stated Used - Good and Used - Very Good on them. Makes me weary of using them in the future. Considering I dinged my account on both returning them.
I wouldn’t say you dinged you’re account with legitimate returns. Fraudsters ding their accounts with the DNA (did not arrive) scams.

There are 8 Series X currently available in good condition. No description. $389.15

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08H75RTZ8/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

There's a acceptable for $338 and a like new $417 and 4 very good for $406.
DId they wise up on their prices? I snagged one for $273 tax included a week ago. The machine is in perfect condition. It came with the box too which wasn't in the greatest of condition, but it's just the box. lol

There were a ton of new AWD listings / price mistakes that went up Mon-Tue this week.  By mistake I mean the result of the automated pricing continuing to apply drops AWD to items, even those selling instantly.  Starting yesterday it looked like they adjusted the price points for some of the more blatant ones.  I think the Series X was one of those changed. 

Most of the absurdly low prices ($400+ electronics items priced under $10) have been scraped by people running scripts on the site.  I saw several but only managed to order a few of the more lukewarm ones.

same here, good has always been a terrible condition item, acceptable is usually great.
I think it comes down to lazy graders, they mark everything as acceptable that way they can rate stuff super quick. I could be wrong, but it might also cut down on returns, if people are set up to have poor expectations, they’re way less likely to return it. Just a guess, because I’ve also had so many acceptable items show up nearly brand new.

There were a ton of new AWD listings / price mistakes that went up Mon-Tue this week. By mistake I mean the result of the automated pricing continuing to apply drops AWD to items, even those selling instantly. Starting yesterday it looked like they adjusted the price points for some of the more blatant ones. I think the Series X was one of those changed.

Most of the absurdly low prices ($400+ electronics items priced under $10) have been scraped by people running scripts on the site. I saw several but only managed to order a few of the more lukewarm ones.
Where and how can I get a script for AWD?

bread's done
Back