Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

scarface333

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Does the vehicle Voltron come in a tin for Vol6-8? I have all lion Voltron Vol1-5, and they are all tins. Would rather the full set matched.

When ordering the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Limited Editions:

Did anyone order the Melancholy Vol 1 bundle but receive the Vol 1 Limited Edition instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']When ordering the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Special Editions:

Did anyone order the regular Melancholy Vol 1 bundle but receive the Vol 1 Special Edition instead?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean. As far as I'm aware, vol 1 has the Limited Edition, the standard edition, and the bundle edition. I don't think there is a "special edition" outside of the limited. Bundle comes with two cds and the first DVD, Limited I think has two different cds and the big huge box set.

Did you mean order the regular edition and receive the bundle?

[quote name='ArthurDayne']Not sure what you mean. As far as I'm aware, vol 1 has the Limited Edition, the standard edition, and the bundle edition. I don't think there is a "special edition" outside of the limited. Bundle comes with two cds and the first DVD, Limited I think has two different cds and the big huge box set.

Did you mean order the regular edition and receive the bundle?[/QUOTE]
Sorry about the mix-up. What I meant to say was:

Did anyone order the Haruhi Vol. 1 Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/The-Melancholy-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Bundle/dp/B0013B1RN4) but receive the Vol 1. Limited Edition instead?

Looks like they dropped the Kurokami Vol. 1 DVD to $2.18. So now you can get 3/4 of the series for $6.54. But much like Hayate, that final volume DVD is the rare expensive disc of the show.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Looks like they dropped the Kurokami Vol. 1 DVD to $2.18. So now you can get 3/4 of the series for $6.54. But much like Hayate, that final volume DVD is the rare expensive disc of the show.[/QUOTE]

Nice, minus the last volume issue. But I'm still holding out for the :br:

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Does the vehicle Voltron come in a tin for Vol6-8? I have all lion Voltron Vol1-5, and they are all tins. Would rather the full set matched.[/QUOTE]
The vehicle series sets came in cardboard boxes of similar size to the lion series tins. They were simply square boxes that the top came off of (like a shoebox would).

Just got my order from amazon monday. They put everything in a big box with no real padding and just those air tube balloon things. Toys 'R Us did the same exact thing for me once too. But at least nothing appeared to be damaged at all.

The Gurren Lagann big red box is really nice and comes with Vol 1 & 2 of the DVD's plus that drill nite light thing that still worked really well. It opens on the side where the mouth is and then flips back open. Has a small on and off switch on it. Also it may have the dub after all. I haven't watched the DVD's yet but it does say English 5.1 and Japanese 2.0 audio on the back of both DVD cases. Also claims to have 1:78:1 anamorphic widescreen too. And I think the anime legends version said 4:3. So is this fake widescreen?

My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Is up to $6.69 now.

Ghost Slayers Ayashi: Part I (w/ Book)

Is up to $6.68 as well. And I got both of these and Hellsing Ultimate bluray/dvd combo pack vol. 2.

The anime legends set are the same discs as volumes 1-6. And yes it has a dub but there is a version that came before with just subs.

My Otome Zwei wasn't bad. Anyone who knows more about the series, I'm a bit confused. Is My Otome a prequel to that? What about My Hime? I'd like to watch in order.

[quote name='Capocci 007']My Otome Zwei wasn't bad. Anyone who knows more about the series, I'm a bit confused. Is My Otome a prequel to that? What about My Hime? I'd like to watch in order.[/QUOTE]

My Hime is an alternate setting of that world. So it's got similar things in it, but is a completely different world.

My Otome is the main TV series for the other setting. There were two OVA series. My Otome Zero was a prequel to the TV series. My Otome Zwei is a sequel to the tv series.

[quote name='tangytangerine']My Hime is an alternate setting of that world. So it's got similar things in it, but is a completely different world.

My Otome is the main TV series for the other setting. There were two OVA series. My Otome Zero was a prequel to the TV series. My Otome Zwei is a sequel to the tv series.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='shawnmelo']I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today[/QUOTE]

Thanks to this post and a few others reporting (newer posts since the deal has been live a long while) of ordering Lucky Star Vol.4 from Amazon Warehouse and getting the LE instead, I ordered it again a few days ago. I'm now happy I too got the Limited Edition Volume 4!!! Awesome, I know Vol.6 did not get a LE in NA, and the normal Vol.6 is rare, so I'm on the lookout for that :D

Few posts up someone asked about Haruhi Vol.1 Bundle, I got the Vol.1 Bundle as ordered (not LE which is an art box, that is rare+expensive). But for ~$6 it comes with volume+some cds and completes Season 1, so it's very worth it to me collection purposes wise. Although, the extra DVDs in Vol.2-4 with original air date episodes contain the full series, right? Years ago I watched the fansub, before it was licensed, in air date order and it made sense that way. So I want to avoid watching it in chronological order like Bandai NA put them in.

Thanks to this thread, I too am on the look out for Gurren Lagann Part 3 (last 2 volumes) as I dislike incomplete series. But cheap LE's were too hard to pass up.

For those that bit on Gundam 00 a couple notes:

1. I found Season 1 part 2 SE at my local Fry's for $10.23 + tax (and returned my non SE to Amazon), so if you are looking for the SE, you might want to check your local FRY's as it's cheaper than buying it off of Amazon. According to the Fry's website, some of their other stores have the other volumes "in stores" as well, though none of my local Fry's has any of the rarer ones. Incredibly YMMV.

2. Season 2 part 4 just received a little price drop on Amazon from $44.98 down to $32.99, not sure if you guys are willing to take a chance and wait it out or buy it now, but it's still a bit of a saving compared to the usual price.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...493&sr=8-1&keywords=gundam+00+season+2+part+4

[quote name='Dmonrei']For those that bit on Gundam 00 a couple notes:

1. I found Season 1 part 2 SE at my local Fry's for $10.23 + tax (and returned my non SE to Amazon), so if you are looking for the SE, you might want to check your local FRY's as it's cheaper than buying it off of Amazon. According to the Fry's website, some of their other stores have the other volumes "in stores" as well, though none of my local Fry's has any of the rarer ones. Incredibly YMMV.

2. Season 2 part 4 just received a little price drop on Amazon from $44.98 down to $32.99, not sure if you guys are willing to take a chance and wait it out or buy it now, but it's still a bit of a saving compared to the usual price.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-G...493&sr=8-1&keywords=gundam+00+season+2+part+4[/QUOTE]

Part 4 actually dropped to about 37 first for a few days. if it hits like 25-28 I'll probably bite. Not exactly selling like hot cakes.

As for Fry's, yeah, I found my S1.2 SE there as well, but they are very poorly stocked in general on the Bandai stuff. Maybe the Cali stores have stuff, but almost nothing in Texas in Dallas/Austin areas.

[quote name='ArthurDayne']Part 4 actually dropped to about 37 first for a few days. if it hits like 25-28 I'll probably bite. Not exactly selling like hot cakes.

As for Fry's, yeah, I found my S1.2 SE there as well, but they are very poorly stocked in general on the Bandai stuff. Maybe the Cali stores have stuff, but almost nothing in Texas in Dallas/Austin areas.[/QUOTE]

i actually saw the $37 price tag but figured $7 wasn't really big enough to talk about. I'm personally waiting for it to hit $25. I have it saved on my work PC and it's the first and last thing I check when I get to / leave work.

Don't bother with the SEs for Gundam 00 They only extra stuff they include are copies of the manga. And not even one of the side story manga, but a truncated version of the main story.

That might be good advice, but the SE for part 4 is actually cheaper than the regular edition, and I also have the SE for every other part, so ...

[quote name='tangytangerine']Looks like they dropped the Kurokami Vol. 1 DVD to $2.18. So now you can get 3/4 of the series for $6.54. But much like Hayate, that final volume DVD is the rare expensive disc of the show.[/QUOTE]

lol glad i ordered those months ago when they were all like 2-5 dollars.

i really wish that series had subtitles though argh. damn hearing problems.

[quote name='kayne2000']lol glad i ordered those months ago when they were all like 2-5 dollars.

i really wish that series had subtitles though argh. damn hearing problems.[/QUOTE]

The DVD version has english & japanese audio, along with subtitles. It's only the BR version that only has an english dub w/ no subtitles on the disc.

[quote name='tangytangerine']The DVD version has english & japanese audio, along with subtitles. It's only the BR version that only has an english dub w/ no subtitles on the disc.[/QUOTE]

ive got one of them on dvd and it has no subtitles if i recall.

[quote name='kayne2000']ive got one of them on dvd and it has no subtitles if i recall.[/QUOTE]

I have Vol. 2 & 3(& Vol. 1 on the way tomorrow) on DVD from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Both discs have 6 episodes with english dub and japanese audio w/ subtitles. It even mentions it on the back of the case. So I can confirm that the DVD do have subtitles, unless Amazon's Warehouse Deals are selling a bootleg or something.

Heh... got my order of kurokami in today... ordered dvd 1-3 and blu ray 5-6 (which would net me a full series with bandai's stupid release of the series) and instead I got dvd 1-2 blu ray 3 and 5-6 which nets me a useless blu ray and a chunk of my series missing... and the price went up for dvd 3 from $2 to $7 :/

Why couldn't I get a good screw up like the lucky star people in this thread... @_@
oh well I chatted with amazon support and got a $2 credit and a return of the blu ray so it will just cost me $2 or so to fix this :/

[quote name='zulux21']Heh... got my order of kurokami in today... ordered dvd 1-3 and blu ray 5-6 (which would net me a full series with bandai's stupid release of the series) and instead I got dvd 1-2 blu ray 3 and 5-6 which nets me a useless blu ray and a chunk of my series missing... and the price went up for dvd 3 from $2 to $7 :/

Why couldn't I get a good screw up like the lucky star people in this thread... @_@
oh well I chatted with amazon support and got a $2 credit and a return of the blu ray so it will just cost me $2 or so to fix this :/[/QUOTE]

need 4-6 and 4 is overpriced with it being oop

[quote name='tangytangerine']I have Vol. 2 & 3(& Vol. 1 on the way tomorrow) on DVD from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Both discs have 6 episodes with english dub and japanese audio w/ subtitles. It even mentions it on the back of the case. So I can confirm that the DVD do have subtitles, unless Amazon's Warehouse Deals are selling a bootleg or something.[/QUOTE]

well either im remembering wrong or i got a glitched copy.

[quote name='kayne2000']well either im remembering wrong or i got a glitched copy.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe a different/earlier release.

I lucked out today by finding a copy of Gundam 00: Season 2 Part 4 at a Best Buy for $14.99. I picked that up with my overabundance of BBY credit and ordered the other 3 parts on Amazon for ~$19 (also with credit I have on hand). \\:D/

[quote name='Vigilante']I lucked out today by finding a copy of Gundam 00: Season 2 Part 4 at a Best Buy for $14.99. I picked that up with my overabundance of BBY credit and ordered the other 3 parts on Amazon for ~$19 (also with credit I have on hand). \\:D/[/QUOTE]
Isn't that still kind of expensive? One part of a four part season for $15?

[quote name='Fukurou']Isn't that still kind of expensive? One part of a four part season for $15?[/QUOTE]Well, when you consider that my options are (were) limited to the following, I think I made the right choice:

1. Buy Part 4 used from the Amazon Marketplace for $24.99 (+$2.98 shipping) in Very Good condition, then buy the other three parts from Amazon for ~$19 -> ~$46 total for S2

2. Buy Part 4 (Special Edition) from Amazon for $33.99 and the other three parts like in (1.) -> ~$53 total for S2

3. Buy the complete second season set from Amazon for $49.49 (using Amazon credit).

4. Buy the complete second season set from Rightstuf for $37.49 (+ shipping unless I find something else worth at least $12.51 to combine with it and get free shipping).

Again, I think I did pretty well by paying ~$34 for the second season with my available credit. I also have a lot of BBY credit, so it's no biggie that I paid what I paid for 1/4 of the season.

It's also the rarest of the four sets, so...yeah. :cool:

Is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 better or worse than Seed Destiny? I'm thinking about getting into Gundam with this sale but don't know which is best.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 better or worse than Seed Destiny? I'm thinking about getting into Gundam with this sale but don't know which is best.[/QUOTE]
00 definitely seed and seed destiny are OK but if your just getting into gundam I would suggest starting with G-Gundam or Wing... but if your going with the sale know that one of the parts is gonna cost you a pretty penny. I recommend watching on youtube or somewhere first. Idk from your post if your new to mecha anime or just gundam but its a bit of different ball game than alot of other anime. Has a decent amount of focus on politics and back stories(aka a REAL story before the action really heats up) But still your buying just from the sales then go with 00 confidently. You may see a backlash post from this as Seed and Seed Destiny are generally either hit or miss with most people. But 00 is considered a good entry almost all the way around to the series.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 better or worse than Seed Destiny? I'm thinking about getting into Gundam with this sale but don't know which is best.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Seed or Seed Destiny yet, but I really liked 00. Well, I didn't love the movie, but if you get that far I guess the series treated you right.

And I have heard from pretty much everyone that Seed Destiny is garbage. Seed is fairly well regarded. I just haven't watched either yet because they are basically a new spin/retelling of the Universal Century Stuff, and I want to watch that first. 00 is actually similar in that you could argue it as a relaunch of Wing, similar themes and such.

Seed Destiny is a sequel to Seed, which is expensive to purchase, so 00 is better as a starting point. However Part 4 of Season 2 is expensive, so you are probably better off buying the parts for season 1 at Amazon, and Season 2 complete through RightStuf or somebody else, rather than try to get all of the individual releases.

Well, I finally threw $10 for "Toward the Terra" parts 1, 2, & 3. From what I've been reading on this thread for the past couple months, I'm hoping I'll enjoy the series.

Don't know about you guys but SEED was one of my favorite Gundam Series. But I would definitely recommend 00. Their MS designs are pretty neat, and the characters aren't too bad. Now G Gundam. It's basically Dragonball Z with Mecha. :lol:

I loved Gundam 00, one of my favorites. I watched 3 episodes of SEED and came to the conclusion is was a steaming pile of poopy compared to 00. :)

It really pisses me off that Zeta Gundam ch. 5 is so expensive. I had the first four volumes, and sold them off thinking I would get the Anime Legends box set because I couldn't find it. Nertz.

SEED had a rough beginning (bad animation, carbon copy of original Gundam, questionable voice acting) but got much better during the second half of the series.

SEED Destiny started out awesome, lagged in the middle, then got awesome again, but the final 10 episodes suffered from a ton of behind the scenes troubles and were so bad they had to fix the ending TWICE.

00 is far more tightly written than either SEED series, but the second season irked many by changing the status quo, introducing a character that seems too similar to a character killed in the first season, battles eventually had even more beam spam than the SEED series, and a rather bland bad guy.

On the .hack anime series which one do you start watching first? Been thinking about the two cheap ones on amazon. And I have the first two .hack//sign dvd's as well.

.hack//SIGN is the first anime series and a prequel to the games. Legend of the Twilight Bracelet occurs after the first set of games. ROOTS and G.U. occur some time afterwards.

Well this is very very weird and any help on this is appreciated.

I've never ever had a problem with a amazon order till now. My Toward the Terra Part 1 & 3 + the Kurokami vol 3 bluray claims to have been delivered at 2pm today at my front door but I can't find it anywhere. I looked all around the house/etc. Usually they knock at the door too and I didn't hear one this time. I sent a email to amazon about this already as well. But has anyone had this problem before? Could it just show up tomorrow? And yes I know it could have been stolen/given to the wrong address and I'm going to check with neighbors tomorrow as well.

Almost every other month I get a package or two from the street down. They've brought me one of my packages before too. So who knows, In any case Good luck with getting your stuff.

[quote name='TerraBemani']Well this is very very weird and any help on this is appreciated.

I've never ever had a problem with a amazon order till now. My Toward the Terra Part 1 & 3 + the Kurokami vol 3 bluray claims to have been delivered at 2pm today at my front door but I can't find it anywhere. I looked all around the house/etc. Usually they knock at the door too and I didn't hear one this time. I sent a email to amazon about this already as well. But has anyone had this problem before? Could it just show up tomorrow? And yes I know it could have been stolen/given to the wrong address and I'm going to check with neighbors tomorrow as well.[/QUOTE]

I take it USPS "delivered" it? It would be best to contact them in the morning(usually around 8:30-9am would be best) and ask about it, since they can look into it with the carrier being there.

I've had it happen once in the past and if you don't receive it, hope that those items are still in stock & at the same price. Because Amazon will just refund the money since they consider AWD a 3rd party seller and won't issue replacements. So in other words, they refund and then you have to order it again.

Was ups actually. I guess just call them up and give them the tracking number.

And yeah I really hope they stay at the same price too. This whole bandai thing doesn't help that though.

*Bump*

Ended up getting refunded for the two Toward The Terra volumes I didn't get in the mail. (Vol 1 & 3) And they gave me free one day shipping for those two. The Kurokami Vol 3 bluray I got a $5 credit for. But that credit can't be used on warehouse deals or anything that isn't sold by amazon directly.

Got the Toward The Terra DVD's today and reordered that Kurokami bluray. The irony is that amazon warehouse deals got it in stock again just today right before
I reordered it.

Pretty happy how this turned out. Just wish I could have used that $5 on the reorder as well.

bread's done
Back