[Amazon] Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Blu-ray - $16.99 (Best Buy PM)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
V4Y37xG.jpg

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: 25th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray)
$16.99

I picked this up yesterday... my BB just had a slip of paper in the rack with them. Honestly, I wanted the blu-ray, so I may not even bother getting anything switched out, especially since I still have the old DVD.

Am I the only one that's actually more thrown off by the Rotten Tomatoes sticker? Is there someone out there browsing DVDs and going 'What's this? 25 years old, I'll pass... WAIT HOLY SHIT, IT'S CERTIFIED FRESH BY A WEBSITE THAT DIDN'T EXIST 25 YEARS AGO? GIVE ME ALL OF THEM.'? Eh, at least it peeled off no problem. I really hope this doesn't become a 'thing'.

Just noticed now that the disney logo isnt anywhere on the cover art.

Guess thats why I didn't find a disney movie reward voucher inside.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon has raised their price up to $23.99 and Best Buy has it out of stock for shipping at $16.99.[/QUOTE]

Noticed that yesterday right as I was going to pull the trigger on my amazon order... oh well, went and got the last one at my BB...

[quote name='M3wThr33']That's STAPLED to the slipcover? Jesus CHRIST.[/QUOTE]

First thing I noticed, too. fuck that. Maybe they think most people don't care about slipcovers.

"Our bad, we're correcting our mistake, but meanwhile, here's another one!"

My order from BestBuy.com came today with no slip as well. Boooo! I'm guessing the DVD error notice sticker was on the slip and BestBuy "shadily" just threw away the slips to lesson the confusion or panic that some buyers might want to return it or exchange.

[quote name='MrSneis']So it was a snafu?

20130312_193547_zps1a3b4b0b.jpg

Correction sticker LOL.

Looks like the DVD is Full Screen and NO bonus features. There is a phone number to call - likely to get replacements from Disney.

Wonder if me being on backorder is a GOOD thing?

Check THIS out :(

image1363130195197205.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The fuck? Does both best buy and amazon do this? I don't give a fuck about slipcovers but they are more important to me than the dumb DVD I'll never watch.

Ughhh my Best Buy took off all the slipcovers I think because none of them have it. I will just wait for my Amazon copy if it doesnt have a slipcover I will just return it.

Just wanted to let people know, I called up the 1800-72-DISNEY number and explained to them that Best Buy is removing all of their slipcovers and throwing them away. The nice rep then apologized and offered to send me the DVD replacement and a slipcover (they call them O-Sleeves).

So if you already purchased from BB, you may want to try giving them a call if you would like a slipcover.

I think I'll try that Jommy. Thanks. I had no idea the movie came with a slipcover/osleeve and was bummed it was lacking.

If you didn't get a slip cover and want one, Give a call to Disney and they will take care of it for you.

1-800-72-347639(DISNEY)

Thanks for the heads up. My Amazon hasn't shipped yet, and it explains why there was a delay (they were either tossing out slip covers like Best Buy I guess?) I'll be giving that number a call when it does.

[quote name='Mako1215']Contact Amazon, and you will get something back. They gave me a $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Where do I contact them?

[quote name='Trojann']Where do I contact them?[/QUOTE]

Online chat. Everyone's experience is different. Sometimes you'll have people like above where they give you a full refund, other times you'll get reps that won't give you anything. Usually they give you 20% off. That's been my experience with things at least.

I contacted Amazon and they said I could return the disc for replacement, but no guarantee that the new one will have a slipcover. I pre-ordered a long, long time ago. And I didn't even get the disc until yesterday. So not only did I get the movie almost a week after everyone else, but without a slipcover as well. Bravo, Amazon.

I will contact Disney about a slipcover. I will also stop pre-ordering movies from Amazon.

I called Disney and was told that the slipcover was destroyed to due a printing error and they have no plans to publish replacement slipcovers for those affected.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're likely going to issue new slipcovers down the road. People have had success getting slipcovers ordered from Disney too.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound likely, unless you want to purchase the whole thing over again. I just called now and was told the same thing myself that all of the slip covers have already been given out. Amazon just takes a long time to ship for me, so I wasn't in good timing to call in and receive them. If you haven't called in yet, you will get the same basic answer :/

Time to stop by Walmart and see if they have any slip cover versions now... I hate my Disney blu rays NOT having slip covers.

[quote name='soccerstud652']So is Disney replacing slipcovers?[/QUOTE]

Probably not until the second batch is shipped.

[quote name='Mako1215']So the ones with the slipcovers are rare?[/QUOTE]

Not really. I was at Walmart and they must have had at least 20 copies in the one location, all with slip covers. The difference was that they had a correction sticker on the back to list the proper features, but it's easy to peel off if you want to.

[quote name='soccerstud652']So is Disney replacing slipcovers?[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with them about not getting a slipcover. She told me that they will not be making anymore and they don't have extras to send. They were recalled to be destroyed. If you had a late shipping from Amazon and no slipcover than you got the corrected DVD version with the Bluray.

[quote name='Bumslie']I just got off the phone with them about not getting a slipcover. She told me that they will not be making anymore and they don't have extras to send. They were recalled to be destroyed. If you had a late shipping from Amazon and no slipcover than you got the corrected DVD version with the Bluray.[/QUOTE]

What? Why? It is a fucking piece of cardboard. Justput some in the next batch.

Wrote to Amazon about not getting a slip cover with my replacement disc and they offered to give me a discount if I wanted to keep it "incomplete." Normally I'm not anal about slips, but I like to have them all for my Disney movies. Thanks Amazon.

[quote name='Bumslie']I just got off the phone with them about not getting a slipcover. She told me that they will not be making anymore and they don't have extras to send. They were recalled to be destroyed. If you had a late shipping from Amazon and no slipcover than you got the corrected DVD version with the Bluray.[/QUOTE]

They told me on the phone that they were shipping out corrected copies and slips. Who knows.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']They told me on the phone that they were shipping out corrected copies and slips. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

They can tell me one thing and tell you another. That's the problem with CS reps they usually always give different answers even if it's the wrong one.

This is a pretty big mess-up all just for the slipcase. I don't know about you guys, but I have yet to see a copy of WFRR anywhere in Hawaii, and I went to both Wal-Mart and Best Buy on release day two weeks ago.

[quote name='Raye']This is a pretty big mess-up all just for the slipcase. I don't know about you guys, but I have yet to see a copy of WFRR anywhere in Hawaii, and I went to both Wal-Mart and Best Buy on release day two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I saw quite a few copies in the Keeamoku Walmart when I went to pick up Les Mis early Friday morning (around 1AM). There were some on the shelf, and a lot were in a cart yet to be shelved. All with slipcovers.

I guess it's possible they pulled them though.

[quote name='Bumslie']They can tell me one thing and tell you another. That's the problem with CS reps they usually always give different answers even if it's the wrong one.[/QUOTE]

Yep I know, that's why I said who knows, lol. I guess we'll find out in the upcoming days/weeks when stores get in more copies. Would be nice if reps actually knew. Or we knew which one was right. Oh well :(

[quote name='DNukem170']Technically, Roger Rabbit was never a Disney productuon. It is a Buena Vista production.[/QUOTE]

Touchstone Pictures, to be exact...

In general, that's an incredibly stupid reason to junk a whole bunch of cardboard sleeves and an incredibly stupid mistake to make in the first place: why would they even make new 4:3 DVDs of anything not originally shot in 4:3!?

bread's done
Back