Amazon=Wireless sensor bar-14.99

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just looked around Amazon looking for any deals, and I think I saw something new. It's the Nyko sensor bar. I don't know if it's been posted or if its been like this for a while, but here it is. BTW, Amazon's "special price" for the PS2 is 128.99.(wow, down a dollar) I mean, seriously, they make you click for that?:whistle2:#

Sensor bar=
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LFJNG6/ref=olp_product_details/105-8078475-7427642?ie=UTF8&seller=

PS2=
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-2-Console-Black/dp/B000TLU67W/ref=pd_ts_vg_9/105-8078475-7427642?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I thought Nintendo was coming out with an official wireless sensor bar soon? I remember something along those lines a couple of months ago when looking for one - that's why I held off then.

I wouldn't recommend that sensor bar to anyone. It has the most ridiculously bright blue LED I've ever seen. It blinds you while you play...

Also eats batteries like a mad thing.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Do these Wireless sensor bars create any lag? I would be worried about that...[/quote]

No information is processed by the bar, it just emits IR light. The remote does all the work.

I wish Nintendo just packed in a wireless one with the console. i hate how long the cord for the bar is. I swear I could stretch it from my kitchen table to my tv in my bedroom. -.-

[quote name='WilliamG']I wouldn't recommend that sensor bar to anyone. It has the most ridiculously bright blue LED I've ever seen. It blinds you while you play...

Also eats batteries like a mad thing.[/quote]

While I do agree with you about the light, that can be fixed with a piece of electrical tape.

The bar itself works flawlessly. I don't know what you mean by "eats batteries like a mad thing". You get at least 20-40 hours on the batteries and you can set it to warn you to shut it off after 1 or 3 hours.

I've never experienced a single lag issue with the bar either.

Yea, the controller does the work, not the bar. The bar just emits two IR beams, so there's not "lag" possible.

Using two lit candles side by side works great. :)

[quote name='emperordahc']Yea, the controller does the work, not the bar. The bar just emits two IR beams, so there's not "lag" possible.

Using two lit candles side by side works great. :)[/QUOTE]
no, actually, it's 4 lights on each side, the remote just picks up 2 on each side.

I purchased the same bar from GS for $20, sad to see I missed saving $5. To the poster who hates the light - I mean, come on. I play in a dark room not 15ft away from the thing and it doesn't bother me at all. Do you electrical tape your Wiimote lights as well? It's no brighter than those..

Thing works perfectly, only thing I dislike about it is after I'm done playing I have to get up and switch it off. Battery life has been fine - besides, if you have a Wii with at least 2 Wiimotes you're on rechargable batteries anyway...at least I know I am...

[quote name='emperordahc']Using two lit candles side by side works great. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah? what's the battery life on 2 candles?

seriously, does anyone really play w/ 2 candles on top of his tv b/c he thinks that's better than the included sensor bar?

if you have a big screen tv and larger room or if your wii isn't next to the tv, gettting an aftermarke sensor bar makes sense.

--
btw, guyjr, never saw anything about an official Nintendo sensor bar being released. if you find that info again, feel free to post a link.

[quote name='shiny']btw, guyjr, never saw anything about an official Nintendo sensor bar being released. if you find that info again, feel free to post a link.[/quote]

You're right... afaik Nintendo doesn't have plans for their own wireless sensor bar. I found what I was waiting for on Amazon... an extension cable for the bar that comes with the Wii which supposedly comes out next month:

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-IR-Bar-Ex...7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1190124546&sr=8-12

My problem is I've got all my home theater wiring running through the basement, and I'd need to run the wire for the sensor bar down there too to keep the living room wire free, but it won't reach.

bread's done
Back