Amazon: XBOX 360 120 GB hd $134.99

[quote name='Anexanhume']This is the normal price on Amazon. It's not a deal. It was 120 on buy.com for a while, but that's gone.[/quote]

someone doesn't like me.

Pfft...I hate M$ for charging prices like this...But yeah, you can sometimes find these in the 70-90 dollar range on EBay. That's where I got mine for 72, still working and it has been 6 months or so.

Whether or not it's expensive for this small of a drive is kind of a moot point. This is another proprietary accessory from MS, so it's this or nothing (you can buy the model of WD drive that MS uses, open up the casing of your old drive, and put it in, from what I have read). You can't go buy any drive and use it with the 360. And this actually use to retail for $180.

As others have said, this is pretty much the usual price at Amazon, now.

Microsoft would be much better served selling these cheap so everyone has more room to pay for downloadable content.

I just can't get over how expensive these drives are. I recently got a 500 GB IDE internal drive for the PC and had to pay $73 shipped. I thought that was expensive

[quote name='safire']Microsoft would be much better served selling these cheap so everyone has more room to pay for downloadable content.[/quote]

How right you are....

What are the chances of seeing a larger drive from Microsoft anytime soon? I only have 5GB of space left on my 20gb drive after all of my Rockband1/2 songs, and all of the DLC I have. I don't have enough space to install any games so I have to run them off the DVD.

$130 is looking tempting.

Best Buy has this on sale this week for 129.99. Sure you have to pay tax, but if you like instant gratification like me then what's an extra $4.50 with tax than Amazon.com?

I just bought a new 120Gb off ebay for 70 bucks (+$5 shipping) . You can mail away to M$ for a free transfer cable, so I recommend anyone considering this deal of $130 to just go on ebay; NEW 120gb HDD are being sold by reliable sellers for less than 80 bucks.

Still a good post though, any deal is better than no deal, so please don't take this as a flame against the OP!

Those $75 ones on eBay are likely "modded." They gut defective hard drives for the casing and put in the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. I think a lot of people have bought them, and they work fine, but just pointing this out.

[quote name='moztacular']I just bought a new 120Gb off ebay for 70 bucks (+$5 shipping) . You can mail away to M$ for a free transfer cable, so I recommend anyone considering this deal of $130 to just go on ebay; NEW 120gb HDD are being sold by reliable sellers for less than 80 bucks.

Still a good post though, any deal is better than no deal, so please don't take this as a flame against the OP![/quote]They're not new, they're "special" modded versions of the drive. You can find info on how to do it via Google, and it's the same drive that's currently in a retail 120GB drive.

Pray it never fails, since I think you're boned if it does fail.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Those $75 ones on eBay are likely "modded." They gut defective hard drives for the casing and put in the model of Western Digital drive that MS uses. I think a lot of people have bought them, and they work fine, but just pointing this out.[/quote]Guaranteed to be 100% fake for "new" drives. Takes some work to get it working, from what I've seen on the Internet about it.

I ended up trading games to Gamecrazy for mine, and with selling my old 20GB, it was about $40-$50 out of pocket.

Now I just need to clean the damn thing out once in a while.

bread's done
Back