Amazon XBOX 360 Arcade Spring Bundle (2 Games Included) $149 + $50 Video Game Credit

yzass69

CAGiversary!
Just posted this over at SD and wanted to share. Amazon is offering the XBOX 360 Arcade Spring Bundle for $149 with a $50 video game credit.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arca..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276712527&sr=8-1

From Amazon:
What’s in the Box
Xbox 360 Console
Viva Piñata (Rated “E” for Everyone)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Rated “E” for Everyone)
256MB of internal storage
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
Xbox LIVE Membership

Will I have any issues throwing my existing 250GB HDD on this unit? I'm thinking about buying this to make it my primary xbox, then taking my existing box and putting it into the bedroom.

Wow thats a awesome price considering I'll gladly dump money on video games on Amazon anyways.
The only thing that is stopping me from getting it as another backup is the lack of details on the Arcade redesign or whatever It's going to be. I already got 2 xboxs in the house and my current one still has 1.5+ years left of a warranty. But at the same time I can still see them charging $100 a few years down the road for a fix still.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Will I have any issues throwing my existing 250GB HDD on this unit? I'm thinking about buying this to make it my primary xbox, then taking my existing box and putting it into the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

No. Arcade systems have the same spot to put the hard drive, just when you get it there will be a snap on plastic cover over it. Just need to snap it off and snap on a hard drive (really simple). The arcade consoles can really be just like any other console thru upgrades, except that it doesn't have an HDMI port (or atleast mine didn't a few years ago.)

Edit: The details say that it does come with an HDMI port.

[quote name='joogle']Can the $50 Video Game Credit be used on existing Pre-Orders?[/QUOTE]

You can cancel your pre-order and pre-order the same item again to get it applied that way.

Also all Arcades have HDMI ports as of the last model.

[quote name='joogle']Can the $50 Video Game Credit be used on existing Pre-Orders?[/QUOTE]
You would need to speak to a rep to do that. Remember guys, if you have existing game credit, it will apply to this.

[quote name='OddLogik']No. Arcade systems have the same spot to put the hard drive, just when you get it there will be a snap on plastic cover over it. Just need to snap it off and snap on a hard drive (really simple). The arcade consoles can really be just like any other console thru upgrades, except that it doesn't have an HDMI port (or atleast mine didn't a few years ago.)

Edit: The details say that it does come with an HDMI port.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate. I'm still on the fence here. Can I really justify another 360???

[quote name='madcyantist']same.. realllly tempting[/QUOTE]

My thing is that I have a launch 360 that has rrod'd 3 times. It doesn't have an HDMI port either. I have a spare 60gb and 20gb drive available also.

gahh, this is such a great deal! My xbox died a month ago and I was waiting on the slim, what to do :(

SOLD!!!!! my 2nd xbox

149 - 50 credit = $99.00, delivered and no tax what so ever.

Wheres the best TIV for banjoo and viva?

TIV @ GS for a 360 is (60 + 25 hardware bonus) right?
I never traded in hardware before, does edge give another 10% on hardware trades?

[quote name='nixmahn']SOLD!!!!! my 2nd xbox

149 - 50 credit = $99.00, delivered and no tax what so ever.

Wheres the best TIV for banjoo and viva?[/QUOTE]

Odds are, the trade-in value is squat, as is normal for bundled games.

So... buy this for $150 and get a $50 credit at Amazon. Then trade it into Gamestop toward a "The New Xbox 360", getting $100 trade-in for the console, plus $26.28 for the wireless controller. Do they give you money for the A/V cable, or is that required with the console trade-in? If not required for the console, you get another $2.75 for the cable. Then $9.90 for the games. Here I'm presuming you've got an Edge card. So you get $138.93 toward a "The New Xbox 360", having spent $149.99 in order to get that. Yeah, a loss of $11.06 and you'll pay tax on the "The New Xbox 360", except that you also have a $50 gaming credit at Amazon. Ok, it doesn't make a lot of sense and is far too much work, but it would save a few dollars on a "The New Xbox 360", even after tax.

Really I just came here to repeat that name over and over. Do we love it yet?

[quote name='hellhunde']Odds are, the trade-in value is squat, as is normal for bundled games.[/QUOTE]

GS can take discs only. Splitting them up is actually more profitable then keeping them together.

[quote name='crunchewy']So... buy this for $150 and get a $50 credit at Amazon. Then trade it into Gamestop toward a "The New Xbox 360", getting $100 trade-in for the console, plus $26.28 for the wireless controller. Do they give you money for the A/V cable, or is that required with the console trade-in? If not required for the console, you get another $2.75 for the cable. Then $9.90 for the games. Here I'm presuming you've got an Edge card. So you get $138.93 toward a "The New Xbox 360", having spent $149.99 in order to get that. Yeah, a loss of $11.06 and you'll pay tax on the "The New Xbox 360", except that you also have a $50 gaming credit at Amazon. Ok, it doesn't make a lot of sense and is far too much work, but it would save a few dollars on a "The New Xbox 360", even after tax.

Really I just came here to repeat that name over and over. Do we love it yet?[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of work for very little gain if any.

You realize you gotta trade in your controller with the xbox right?

So basically you're getting an extra $10 for the games?

[quote name='OddLogik']No. Arcade systems have the same spot to put the hard drive, just when you get it there will be a snap on plastic cover over it. Just need to snap it off and snap on a hard drive (really simple). The arcade consoles can really be just like any other console thru upgrades, except that it doesn't have an HDMI port (or atleast mine didn't a few years ago.)

Edit: The details say that it does come with an HDMI port.[/QUOTE]

And the drive tray is not silver..... ;)

I want to get one, I really do, but my Elite has done me just fine and I don't need another 360. I think I'll hold off and see if there is a trade in deal for the new Elite at GS or something.

If I purchase this arcade bundle can you install XBLA Games to a USB drive? I know they enabled up to 16gig flash drives (and you can use two of them). Would that eliminate the need to purchase a hard drive or does that not work?

thanks

Just bought. It's perfect for me, since I've got an existing out-of-warranty 360 that RRODed, and I can just use its hard drive. Yeah, it's only 20GB, but I don't download that much stuff anyway, and I've got plenty of USB sticks.

[quote name='OddLogik']Trade in value may be garbage with it packaged like that.[/QUOTE]

Eh, this is Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Pinata we're talking about. Trade-in value is insubstantial anyhow.

[quote name='nixmahn']Any1 know when the game credit expires, I have not gotten an email yet?[/QUOTE]

Depends what you bought to get the credit. It lets you know in an email when they put it in your account. For example: When I got RDR they sent me an email that they added the $20 credit and that it expires Aug. 31st.

[quote name='ibbibby']Eh, this is Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Pinata we're talking about. Trade-in value is insubstantial anyhow.[/QUOTE]

@ GS
banjoo is 6
viva is 3
+0.90 edge
add another crap/unwanted game to get 10 promo if you have it

60 + 25 bonus for console/controller

I am trying to find another way to squeeze 5 dollars out of the trade to break even.

Only reason I got this new 1 was because there was a hack that made it possible to play games off of the usb before the 16 usb firmwar upgrade. think that was 1 of the reasons MS did the firmware upgrade.

I upgraded before I realized there was a hack for it and I can't go back on my current jasper that I got for 100 last pre-black friday.

Does anyone know what models are in the bundle? I'm thinking of buying a system to replace my current system one that is out of warranty for the 3RLOD.

how reliable are these xbox arcades? Mine just got the RROD and I'm looking to get a new one. I already have the harddrive and ethernet so i dont them. It seems like a great deal if it is reliable.

[quote name='greenhornet9']how reliable are these xbox arcades? Mine just got the RROD and I'm looking to get a new one. I already have the harddrive and ethernet so i dont them. It seems like a great deal if it is reliable.[/QUOTE]

Arcades are the same Jasper set as the other models, so you should be fine in that regard.

damn, wish i'd known this was gonna happen two weeks ago, when my 360 dropped a steamy load on my chest......

One note about using an existing hard drive (from an old system) on the Arcade. The content you've downloaded is licensed for use on the original console (it's bound to the system, not the drive). To play Arcade games you've purchased, you typically need to be signed into XBL for authentication.

However, there is a license migration tool you can use to "officially" migrate licenses to your new console, if you need to do so.

While this is probably not an immediate issue, I'm a little concerned what will happen to our licenses once the 360 DRM servers die.

In any case, you can go here to start the transfer process:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/faq.htm

This is a pretty awesome deal.

i bit on this cause my old one's ringed on me a few times (i've fixed it every time :/) and the dvd drives starting to shit out on me. And i can even use the $50 on reach :D

tempting deal but i just got a new elite just a couple months ago and even $99 for a spare xbox is not worth it. Better off to put those $99 towards new xbox slim $299

even still tempting , but i have no use for a spare xbox it would just be stored in my closet.

*after thinking about this for the past hour ive decided to pass on this deal and buy the new xbox slim when kinect is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh damn it i fixed my no video xbox and I want it to break so I can buy this. I just know it is going to break, yet every time I turn it on it is working fine,,,,

bread's done
Back