Amazon - Xbox 360 F.E.A.R. Files - $18.95

Oh man oh man....what to do...get it now or wait to see if it goes lower. I gotta keep my wallet tight...I'll wait, but I'll be thinking about it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man oh man....what to do...get it now or wait to see if it goes lower. I gotta keep my wallet tight...I'll wait, but I'll be thinking about it.[/quote]

it's $24.99 used at GS/EB if that helps. i'll probably rebuy FEAR and pick up FEAR Files w/ the B2G1 promo.

Argh, I loved FEAR, but I heard some disappointing things about this game. Is it worth it if one loves FEAR and is their a decent amount of people playing online?

Thanks, I grabbed it up-one buck more than used and no adding stuff to cover free shipping is always good for me.

[quote name='nflsonic']Argh, I loved FEAR, but I heard some disappointing things about this game. Is it worth it if one loves FEAR and is their a decent amount of people playing online?[/quote]
Try out the demo and see if you like it yourself. I played through Fear when it first came out for the PC and loved it. I tried out the demos for the expansions and thought they suck. Didn't seem to really capture the feel of the original.

Yea, I really liked the first game and wanted to pick this up for a while now. Not sure if I'll go this route or pick it up with another couple games using B2G1 at GS/EB this weekend.

Thanks OP

[quote name='nflsonic']Argh, I loved FEAR, but I heard some disappointing things about this game.[/quote]

Ditto.

And the online component wouldn't do it for me either. The thing I hated the most about the campaign from the original fear was the dreadfully repetitive environments. This one is said to be more of the same. Shame too, since every other aspect of the game was top notch

Is this game a totally new one or is it F.E.A.R. with additional stuff? I was looking at the box art and couldn't figure it out, haven't played the first one.

[quote name='freshzen']Is this game a totally new one or is it F.E.A.R. with additional stuff? I was looking at the box art and couldn't figure it out, haven't played the first one.[/quote]
The two games that are included in Files are essentially sides stories to the first game. They are different games, but just slightly expanding the FEAR storyline (from what I hear).

I do remember now playing the demos of both Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate on my computer. They ran okay, but I definitely got the vibe that those games were not as of high quality as the original. Probably the reason why I almost forgot about those games!

I highly suggest picking up the original if your computer can run it or you can get it on a 360 or PS3!

[quote name='freshzen']Is this game a totally new one or is it F.E.A.R. with additional stuff? I was looking at the box art and couldn't figure it out, haven't played the first one.[/quote]Two stand-alone expansion packs. Doesn't come with FEAR.

I got the 1st game for $8 is worth every pennies. I seen the Fear files trailer and it look awsome. I really don't know to drop down $26 for it or wait it drop down $20 or less. Also, i have "The Darkness and Beautiful Katamari" on the way. Just don't wanna spend any money right now :(

I didn't like the first FEAR when I started it but it grew on me. That last level was creepy as hell. Opening that massive vault all the way to the the "finale" which is freaky as hell but not in the context of the rest of the game.

I ordered this. Figured I'd jump since the game squeeks by for free shipping and no need for a filler.

The price is not bad because chances are, some people will just buy $20 and throw in a $5 filler item, I know its not the value but the principle of the matter. Still, Amazon is not such an ass, so sticking it to they when not necessary is kinda meh

Hmm, that seems like a good price. Im always up for a scary game, I love the Condemned series but never played any FEAR game yet, I wonder if I should start on this one or buy the Original first...

Here's hoping the price continues to drop. If it makes it to ~$15, I'll consider it more seriously. I still haven't played the first FEAR, even though it's sitting on the floor about 10 feet from me.

I should've jumped on it at $25.99, that way I wouldn't have to worry about filler items to get to $25, and would've just been asking for price reductions. :wall:

[quote name='shrike4242']I should've jumped on it at $25.99, that way I wouldn't have to worry about filler items to get to $25, and would've just been asking for price reductions. :wall:[/quote]
see the point I made earlier

This game was kinda wack, I loved F.E.A.R. 1 but F.E.A.R. files isn't made by the same developers and since it's an expansion, it's pretty much just 10 hours of more hallways. This is great though for people that have replayed the first one alot and don't mind alot more of the same

[quote name='shrike4242']Better, though not quite to the $20 price point I think this is worth.[/QUOTE]

lol. A true cheap ass. It's a $1.05 difference :p

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's THAT bad? the demo wasn't THAT bad...[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's that bad. They're just really, really boring. Imagine playing that same demo for six hours per expansion. FEAR kept me going for the atmosphere and the plot -- the expansions are just a bunch of shooting. Go buy The Orange Box instead. Yes, it's $30 more, but who cares, HL2 kicks the shit out of every other FPS ever made.

[quote name='redgopher']Yes, it's that bad. They're just really, really boring. Imagine playing that same demo for six hours per expansion. FEAR kept me going for the atmosphere and the plot -- the expansions are just a bunch of shooting. Go buy The Orange Box instead. Yes, it's $30 more, but who cares, HL2 kicks the shit out of every other FPS ever made.[/quote]

I loved FEAR, it was the reason I got a new pc. As for HL, I have no desire to play that series and I think it sucks. I'm ok with "just a bunch of shooting". It's kinda what I do in RSV2. xD

bread's done
Back