Amazon Year end Sale

[quote name='bojay1997']Not sure where you got that this was a "Year End Sale". It's the same group of allegedly 50% off games they have had listed since before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Amazon emailed me today saying they have a Year end deal, and to click so I clicked and they took me to this page

[quote name='foreinter']Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for $28.53, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I pretty much avoid all flight games. The only ones I previously had were Snoopy Flying Ace and Crimson Skies... And I loved Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Long story campaign. Heard great things about online multiplayer (will get to it! too many games for the holidays so online multiplayer got pushed back for me).

It's like playing a movie with very cinematic moments. They always keep you in the action so it's not like in other games where you're fighting dots on the horizon or doing constant turning exercises for half an hour.

It's sad to see Enslaved for so little, since it obviously sold so poorly. Enslaved is quite divisive when it comes to gamers' opinions of it, but I personally paid $20 for it and loved every minute of it.

[quote name='hereon']Only thing I am somewhat interested in is Bioshock 2 and Enslaved..I think I can restrain myself though[/QUOTE]

bioshock 2 has been cheaper...thats the lowest i've seen enslaved....u could just get 1, play it and beat it, then trade it in for amazon gc to get the other.

i'd recommend doing it with enslaved since there isnt much replay value compared to bioshock 2.

I was rockhard when I saw the Steam deals today, but then I went flaccid as soon as I clicked on the link in this thread.

[quote name='redmangoose']I was rockhard when I saw the Steam deals today, but then I went flaccid as soon as I clicked on the link in this thread.[/QUOTE]

lol @ your gaming limp bizkit.

[quote name='Nintendo_Hawk']Pretty much Amazons last chance to redeem themselves and offer some deals similar to BB ..

About to browse em all now .......[/QUOTE]

They've pretty much matched today's specials at Best Buy.

Also, I see Dead Rising 2 is $15.62 directly through Amazon. I don't remember liking this one that much. Is the "re-do" one with Frank, (Off the Record), any better? May just wait for that version to come down in price.

March isn't going to get here fast enough for RE: Operation Racoon City.

Rage is $19.11 damn i'm glad I got cold feet and returned my Amazon preorder. I'll think i'll pass even at $19. No time to play for a bit and it'll get cheaper.

[quote name='technicalstylez']bioshock 2 has been cheaper...thats the lowest i've seen enslaved....u could just get 1, play it and beat it, then trade it in for amazon gc to get the other.

i'd recommend doing it with enslaved since there isnt much replay value compared to bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]

I might just do that, I have no idea why I have yet to play Bioshock, and perhaps g will let me save a little somewhere else

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Great price on Enslaved[/QUOTE]

Same price it's been for a while now (perhaps two weeks). Some of these games have been at these "sale" prices for over a month now.

[quote name='preston181']Looks like Off the Record is $35. Is it a full new game or an add on?[/QUOTE]

Off the Record is a new game, but it is 80% identical as Dead Rising 2. I actually like DR2 much better than Off the Record, just seemed at points it was off balance in difficulty. The Bosses in DR2 seemed more balanced and I wasnt screaming at the TV as much. Just my opinion.

[quote name='foreinter']Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for $28.53, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I rented it and couldn't get myself to finish it. Take all the air missions from your first person shooters and consolidate them into one game and you'll get this. I was bored after a couple hours, but if that's your thing, you may enjoy it.

Vaguely considering Dragon Quest V. Anyone remember if it has ever been cheaper than $17? Or if it's cheaper somewhere else right now?

some of these prices went up, like someone said about splatterhouse.
and enslaved has been that cheap awhile, i got it 5/bbv, but i might flip/rebuy if she needs a new version....
ace combat was better than hawx2, but still eh
and that ddr mat? i heard it is crap

[quote name='vamn']Vaguely considering Dragon Quest V. Anyone remember if it has ever been cheaper than $17? Or if it's cheaper somewhere else right now?[/QUOTE]
No it's the cheapest it has been. It was $15 once at a lightning deal but that's about it.

Yeah, like someone said Splatterhouse went up, about $5. And Star Ocean went up something like $7 bucks. It had dropped to $11ish for a couple weeks now. Oh amazon...

[quote name='mikejenks']Grabbed Enslaved for $8 and change, heard enough good things about it.[/QUOTE]
You won't be disappointed. I actually bought the game on release day. Great game from start to finish.

[quote name='Popnmusic']You won't be disappointed. I actually bought the game on release day. Great game from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

If you've ever played a game for its story, you cannot go wrong with Enslaved.

Enslaved went on sale for a couple of days about 3 weeks back for $12.99 (I was stalking it in my Amazon cart after playing the demo) then back up, then down again to the $8.xx price you see now for the past couple of weeks. Finally ordered it Thursday so it should be here today.

After finally buying and playing Vanquish about 3 months ago I'm on the lookout for really good games that flew beneath the radar (my radar at least) so hoping Enslaved is a winner.

I bought Enslaved a few weeks ago for eight bucks. Finished it yesterday. I freaking loved it. The first eight chapters are kind of depressing and doom and gloom but then Piggsy came in and the dialogue between him and Monkey had me laughing my ass off. And the story line definitely goes places you aren't expecting.

Something about the gameplay...if didn't feel as smooth as it could have (don't know if it was the frames per second or what but something felt a little off). And I did notice a missing sound effect from time to time. If those problems had not been there, it likely would have been one of the best games of the current console generation.

Awesome game though.

Enslaved is fine at $8...combat mechanics are mediocre and fights are repetitive. The story and characters are good. I didn't like the ending though.

[quote name='Japakneez']Enslaved is fine at $8...combat mechanics are mediocre and fights are repetitive. The story and characters are good. I didn't like the ending though.[/QUOTE]

Combat mechanics were probably the weakest link in this game, as well as the main reason i'm nervous about this development team handing the new Devil May Cry(no, it's not "emo hair" Dante, though i'm less than thrilled about that, too): both this game and Heavenly Sword were mash friendly, and combat seemed a bit loose and laggy. Characters weren't bad, though the pacing of the story was all over the place, particularly with the whole "comic relief" section of the game that started when Piggsy joined the cast(and abruptly ended when he left). Just felt really forced to me.

The thing i hated the most about this game(and to me, this is one of the most grievous programming sins a developer can commit) was that it's one of those games that ostensibly encourages exploration by placing collectibles all over the map, but is full of "invisible lines" that, once crossed, trigger cutscenes that force you into the next area with no way back. This game took me months to complete, not because it's a long or difficult game, but because every time that happened to me(and it happens a lot), i got so angry i just shut off my Xbox and put the game away. That alone is why this was a one-play game for me, rather than one i went back and replayed two or three times. Maybe that's just me, though.

All in all, it was a decent game. I couldn't overlook its flaws at the $50 price point where i grabbed it, but it's not a bad buy for $8.

bread's done
Back