Amazon

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!
Question about Amazon. I want to know if this theory is correct or incorrect. If you don't have Prime and choose their free shipping, it feels like the item is shipped via the same method as standard or Prime shipping, but they just wait longer to actually ship it out. Is that true?

My Prime expired and I don't want to renew at the moment. I ordered something last Friday and it still hasn't shipped out. It has an estimated delivery date of March 6th-March 11th. So that means, I will either get it the 10th or 11th at this point which is 2 or 3 day delivery. Which is essentially Prime or standard shipping.

If true, I get that there has to be a difference in Prime and other deliveries, otherwise no one would pay for Prime. But to have an order sit in "Not Yet Shipped" for 8 days now when it is in stock is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
What get me is even with prime is them shipping my shit ups sure post and fedex smart post the cheapest shipping service it is. I wouldn't have a problem if the item still arrived it 2 days
but when they ship it by these methods it's almost no chance of it making it to me in two days because it has to go thru the post service for final delivery causing an extra day or two for delivery.

What get me is even with prime is them shipping my shit ups sure post and fedex smart post the cheapest shipping service it is. I wouldn't have a problem if the item still arrived it 2 days
but when they ship it by these methods it's almost no chance of it making it to me in two days because it has to go thru the post service for final delivery causing an extra day or two for delivery.
Do you live out in the boonies? That might be the quickest way for them if UPS/FedEx won't directly go out to your house.

Do you live out in the boonies? That might be the quickest way for them if UPS/FedEx won't directly go out to your house.

That's the worse part about it they ship some stuff regular fedex and ups ground that gets delivered directly to my house so no not in the boonies. 3 of my last 4 shipments have shipped by this slow method I'm almost to the point of complaining to them I'm saying it is a paid service that promises 2 day delivery think its really crappy of them to ship the cheapest rate

Question about Amazon. I want to know if this theory is correct or incorrect. If you don't have Prime and choose their free shipping, it feels like the item is shipped via the same method as standard or Prime shipping, but they just wait longer to actually ship it out. Is that true?

My Prime expired and I don't want to renew at the moment. I ordered something last Friday and it still hasn't shipped out. It has an estimated delivery date of March 6th-March 11th. So that means, I will either get it the 10th or 11th at this point which is 2 or 3 day delivery. Which is essentially Prime or standard shipping.

If true, I get that there has to be a difference in Prime and other deliveries, otherwise no one would pay for Prime. But to have an order sit in "Not Yet Shipped" for 8 days now when it is in stock is pretty ridiculous IMO.
I have always assumed super saver shipping was a system where they then ship it at their convenience instead of right away. So if there are enough packages going out to your region, then they will send it out.

[quote name="Tmega" post="11593643" timestamp="1394323674"]What get me is even with prime is them shipping my shit ups sure post and fedex smart post the cheapest shipping service it is. I wouldn't have a problem if the item still arrived it 2 days
but when they ship it by these methods it's almost no chance of it making it to me in two days because it has to go thru the post service for final delivery causing an extra day or two for delivery.[/quote]

I've read that if you're given a guaranteed delivery date and they miss that date, they give you a free month of prime membership. I had someone in my office test that when the new South Park game didn't get here on release date and not only did they give him an extra month, they gave him 10 dollar credit!

bread's done
Back