Amazon's "Big Horror DVD Sale"

Thanks OP, I'll have to match some of these up with DD and see what comes out cheaper. I'm always looking for some more horro flicks :)

texas chainsaw massacre 2 disc steelbook $12

Dawn of the Dead ultimate edition $20

Cemetary man $6.50

Near Dark $9

those are my reccomendations. Everyone should look into Cemetary Man, it's a fantastic movie and for 6.50 its quite cheap.

EDIT: also a nightmare on elm street 2-5 is part of amazons 4 for 3 deal. So you could get 2-5 for 16.50

Who's The Twitch Now?;3449634]The Blind Dead Collection is probably running out of stock real soon said:
I've been tempted to for almost a year now, may finally get it.

Also, that TCM remake steelcase version is cheaper at walmart for their halloween sale right now.

Is the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition considered the best version of the movie? I heard there are like 3-5 different versions floating out there. I wonder if this Ultimate Edition is the definitive one.

[quote name='Requiem']Is the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition considered the best version of the movie? I heard there are like 3-5 different versions floating out there. I wonder if this Ultimate Edition is the definitive one.[/QUOTE]

The Ultimate Edition is basically a compendium of most, if not all, of the various cuts floating around. If memory serves, you get three full cuts of the film. It's the definitive version, and I very interesting way of seeing how editing effects the tone, theme, and effectiveness of a film.

[quote name='Requiem']Is the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition considered the best version of the movie? I heard there are like 3-5 different versions floating out there. I wonder if this Ultimate Edition is the definitive one.[/quote]

Yes, it has the US theatrical cut, the unrated directors cut, the European version cut by Dario Argento, and the extended cut for Cannes. Its as complete as anything will ever be for this movie, so it's deffinately worth getting

As for Event Horizon, meh, let me know when they finally get off their asses and release the directors cut finally.

great sale.

I picked up near dark, witchboard, susperia, cemetary man, and for the hell of it the 25th aniversary of poltergeist for 9.99.

just under 40 bucks total.

Maybe its just me, but this list isn't nearly as impressive as Best Buy's. I think you end up saving more at Best Buy (a significant amount more if you choose in-store pick up).

picked up:

House of Nine
Meatball Machine
From Beyond

personally I prefer the Amazon sale as the B&M stores ala CC + BB usually only have real 'mainstream' type horror which most of the 'classics' I already have. I actually collect horror all year around , read Fangoria etc.

Gonna be parting with the "Masters Of Horror" DVDs for around $ 5.00 as I recently upgraded to their respective blu-ray versions(s) - if anyone's interested they are in MINT+ condition.

REWN

p/u:
Night of the Demons
The Ray Bradbury Theater-Complete
Danger After Dark Collection
MPD Psycho: The Complete Miniseries
Prayer Beads: Complete Series
Kadokawa Horror Collection
all arrived 2day. I ordered on 16 Oct... thanx for the post...

bread's done
Back