Amazon's Black Friday Movies & TV Deals Calenders

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon posted up a calender of what Blu-Ray and DVD deals they are going to have for this upcoming week.

Most notable in my eyes are probably -

Wolverine : Origins Blu-Ray - $9.99 tomorrow
Fast & Furious (2009) Blu-Ray - $9.99(most likely) Wednesday

Glad to see they are matching on F&F, really didn't want to go out on Black Friday to go get that. There probably are good deals on the other things for other people, but those two are the only ones that catches my attention. This should help out a lot of people deciding where to go for Blu's on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got X-Men Trilogy for $30. Wanted the upgrade to Blu for a while, and these seem like complete editions with tons of special features. Also, Nightcrawler on XMen2 = win.

I like the tip someone suggested of turning on Amazon Prime for that free month trial. Now I can buy one thing without having to buy a stack of others to meet the $25 shipping price AND get 'em in two days.
Got Surf's Up for $5, shipped free.
Got Mad Men S1 and a Norah Jones CD, shipped free.
Man, I like this single-item free shipping!
Too bad my debit card doesn't expire next year-- I'd just open up a new account with that new card next Xmas and do it all over again.

[quote name='genfuyung']So what are the opinions on Mad Men?[/QUOTE]

I've heard great things about the show but never seen any of it, have one in my cart but hesitating pulling the trigger... would also appreciate comments... (am leaning heavily towards buying, though)

Mad Men is amazing. Warning though, it is a slow burner. If you are willing to invest your energy in it, it definitely pays off. It's great to see the characters slowly evolve, esp. within the context of history. If Weiner can take it all the way into the 70s like he wants, it will be an amazing achievement. Some people think it's boring, but there really is a lot of depth and detail. Seemingly unimportant scenes always tie back into the theme of the episode and help compare/contrast the characters.

Anyway, yeah, it's a great show, but don't pick it up on a whim thinking it's a popcorn type show.

(blind bought season 1 on blu last year for 14.99 and i am very happy i did)

[quote name='dburger']Mad Men is amazing. Warning though, it is a slow burner. If you are willing to invest your energy in it, it definitely pays off. It's great to see the characters slowly evolve, esp. within the context of history. If Weiner can take it all the way into the 70s like he wants, it will be an amazing achievement. Some people think it's boring, but there really is a lot of depth and detail. Seemingly unimportant scenes always tie back into the theme of the episode and help compare/contrast the characters.

Anyway, yeah, it's a great show, but don't pick it up on a whim thinking it's a popcorn type show.

(blind bought season 1 on blu last year for 14.99 and i am very happy i did)[/QUOTE]
Well, it did win Best Drama in the Primetime Emmy's for like however many years. I blind bought that along with True Blood and Gossip Girls season 1. Get ready for 3 completely different tv shows.

[quote name='moviewizguy']True Blood and Gossip Girls season 1. Get ready for 3 completely different tv shows.[/QUOTE]

Get ready for sadness...

[quote name='SuperJedi']Put Heroes/Lost/Supernatural on SALE Dammit!!![/QUOTE]

Supernatural is on sale. 12.99 for S1-S3 and 14.99 for S4. I have never been interested in the show so I don't know if that is a good deal, but it seems pretty fricken good.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0...&field-keywords=supernatural&sprefix=supernat

The mediocre S2 of Heroes is also on sale for 12.99, which is pretty legit.
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Season...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259359858&sr=1-3

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The movies and games I ordered yesterday all arrived today :shock:[/QUOTE]

NICE! None of mine have even shipped yet.

[quote name='Don G.']What's the "one of the greatest love stories of all time" one? If it's Casablanca or Gone With The Wind on blu-ray then I'm in.[/QUOTE]
Pride & Prejudice - $7.99

[quote name='SuperJedi']You can only do that on movies page? Not any other pages (Games, Electronics, etc)?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I think so.

picked up Prison break season 4...

Now to find season 3 at a dirt cheap price...

Then i need time to find to watch all 4 seasons... have season 1 and 2 still sealed ... along with every season of 24 sealed ... LOL if i ever get snowed in i have something to watch

[quote name='genfuyung']Damnit Wanted and Braveheart went up in price. :([/QUOTE]

Braveheart's still 10 for me. So is Wanted.

[quote name='vx2']Braveheart's still 10 for me. So is Wanted.[/QUOTE]
Strange. Both 12.99 for me now.

Please note that the price of Wanted Blu-ray has increased from $10.00 to $12.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Braveheart Sapphire Series Blu-ray has increased from $10.00 to $12.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

It shows as $10 in the search listing but if you go to the page they are now $12.99, Gladiator as well. Looks like a lot of the prices went back up.

:cry:

The Beatles stereo boxset went for $99.99 via lightning deal yesterday... and I missed it.

(Okay so this is a CD boxset I'm talking about... but still damn it)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The movies and games I ordered yesterday all arrived today :shock:[/QUOTE]

same with me!! gotta love amazon!

[quote name='moviewizguy']I haven't seen the 4th film but I personally think it's the best out of the first three. It's really good.[/QUOTE]

Really!!! Tokyo Drift? I had no idea people liked this movie. After 2 Fast 2 Furious I was kinda done. It wasn't a bad movie but not as good as the first. and Tokyo Drift I didn't even bother. I may have to watch it some time.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Really!!! Tokyo Drift? I had no idea people liked this movie. After 2 Fast 2 Furious I was kinda done. It wasn't a bad movie but not as good as the first. and Tokyo Drift I didn't even bother. I may have to watch it some time.[/QUOTE]

It is pure dumb fun set in Tokyo. Amazing on a good 1080p tv and surround setup.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Really!!! Tokyo Drift? I had no idea people liked this movie. After 2 Fast 2 Furious I was kinda done. It wasn't a bad movie but not as good as the first. and Tokyo Drift I didn't even bother. I may have to watch it some time.[/QUOTE]
I wanted to kill myself during 2 Fast 2 Furious. Haha. I set my bars low during the third film but yes, it was really good, especially the showdown scene.

Some game prices are going back down now. Hopefully braveheart will go back.

Edit:Damn it just went up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back