AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='renique46']Hmm interesting i wonder if people will get excited :)

don't click further if you don't want to be spoiled
Supposedly Andrea might bite the dust until she gets saved by
Michonne with samurai swords :)
[/QUOTE]

I just read what is a huge description of the finale, supposedly. Confirms that
says she even has her "pet" zombies. Heard the girl who plays Tara on True Blood was cast but she denied it, could be a trick though, to "surprise" viewers
. Also says
they find the prison at the end
. What I read would be one hell of hoax based on how detailed it gets.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I just read what is a huge description of the finale, supposedly. Confirms that
says she even has her "pet" zombies. Heard the girl who plays Tara on True Blood was cast but she denied it, could be a trick though, to "surprise" viewers
. Also says
they find the prison at the end
. What I read would be one hell of hoax based on how detailed it gets.[/QUOTE]

LOL i guess we read the same thing so i guess we know what happens next week

[quote name='blindinglights']I missed the last 3 weeks, is there anywhere to watch online?[/QUOTE]someone else may have a better idea but I know fellow amc show hell on wheels is on amazon streaming for 2 bucks an episode.

I had to LOL at this statement:

Carl just appearing out of field is embarrassing, added with the fact that a 10 year old who just the night before couldnt figure out how to kill a walker stuck in mud is now Captain Price and can curve a bullet around his father like that kid for WANTED.
:applause::lol:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The CDC guy probably just told him
they were all infected from the start. Which might explain why he said all he said to Carl, or that Shane was right and he didn't really go all out protecting them all, because he knows they're all fucked anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Also explains
why Rick shot that fat guy one more time in the head when they were in the bar. Those 2 shots to the chest should have killed him but one in the head to make sure he wasnt going to become a walker.

[quote name='TheRock88']Also explains
why Rick shot that fat guy one more time in the head when they were in the bar. Those 2 shots to the chest should have killed him but one in the head to make sure he wasnt going to become a walker.
[/QUOTE]

He would have turned, regardless, wouldn't he? First time dead, no matter the method, eventually turns into zombie. Right?

[/QUOTE]

Good catch!

[/QUOTE]
At the time I thought it was just to finish him off, like they said in Miller's Crossing, "Always put one in the brain!" But I bet you're right.

[quote name='shieryda']
He would have turned, regardless, wouldn't he? First time dead, no matter the method, eventually turns into zombie. Right?
[/QUOTE]
It seems like this show follows the brains idea so if someone is shot in the head then they don't come back.

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. And I would be interested to see if Crunchb3rry is correct. That would create some interesting moments in the TV series.

Just came in here to say that I got real excited at the end of the latest episode. Not because of the scene, but because of the score. The drums made that scene so far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='GUNNM']if rick knew why did he turn his back on that yun zombee[/QUOTE]

so he could see his sons sweet gun skills.

[quote name='GUNNM']if rick knew why did he turn his back on that yun zombee[/QUOTE]

He was waiting for him to rise back up. Carl showing up just surprised him. I think he dragged Shane back and was prepping it to look like Shane got killed by a zombie, turned, and came after him (although Dr. Daryl would have said "What'd he get bit by? A knife?"), so he could say that he killed him for that reason and hide the fact that Shane wanted to kill him (a lie so he could keep the group from "not being broken" anymore). I think when Carl showed up he forgot all about Shane turning, he was worried Carl thought (correctly) that he killed Shane. Because that rift between Rick and Shane had been pretty well hidden from Carl. Dumbass kid was clueless to it all, and wouldn't understand why Rick would have had to kill Shane.

What was with the zombie flashes after the knifing? Is that where we're supposed to believe the virus or whatever is taking over in Shane? I didn't quite get it.

It was useless filler. I think it was the either the virus eating away at Shane or just a way to show the zombies in the field finally working their way through.

[quote name='powercreep']What was with the zombie flashes after the knifing? Is that where we're supposed to believe the virus or whatever is taking over in Shane? I didn't quite get it.[/QUOTE]

In retrospect that's exactly what's happening. I guess I didn't entirely get it during the episode, and, having not read the comics, was entirely shocked by ZombieShane.

Agreed, though, it was a little odd-looking.

Yeah, it was just the visions Shane was seeing in his mind as the virus was taking over and creating the blood rage or whatever you want to call it.

Yeah, this one started off strong and isn't letting up. It's almost distracting. I'm used to them talking about their feelings and fighting for 90% of the episodes. Shaping up to be the most epic season finale EVAR!

Next Season they really need to stop the whole Bam Zombie out of nowhere perk, not that i care about patricia that out of nowhere football tackle had me :lol:

Yeah, but for comic followers, there was no fizzle. Two major things they've been waiting to show up on the show at the end.

Wondering if the rumor was true and
Michonne is being played by that girl from True Blood. Kinda looked like her.

And where the hell can I get a jacket like Rick's? What is that, Wrangler or something like that?

[quote name='renique46']Talk about blowing your load way to early and being left with just a fizzle. Still way better than the last 2 by far[/QUOTE]

Left with a fizzle? They showed
Michonne and the damn prison
. I hate on the show weekly but even I popped huge for those two things.

Lori/carl need to die

This bitch had the nerve to get mad/shun rick for killing someone that tried to rape her and because their son put him down that he didnt even know was there. fuck outta here Lori

[quote name='renique46']Lori/carl need to die

This bitch had the nerve to get mad/shun rick for killing someone that tried to rape her and because their son put him down that he didnt even know was there. fuck outta here Lori[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I was really hoping she'd bite it in those last 10 minutes. I seriously cant stand her. Carl also being a pussy and crying when Rick said he killed Shane irritated me too. There's no way in hell they can follow the comics because this kid is way too much of a sissy to play the Carl portrayed in the comics.

[quote name='renique46']Talk about blowing your load way to early and being left with just a fizzle. Still way better than the last 2 by far[/QUOTE]
cant please everyone

This bitch had the nerve to get mad/shun rick for killing someone that tried to rape her and because their son put him down that he didnt even know was there. fuck outta here Lori[/QUOTE]

Yup, and that's one of my biggest problems with the show. People react to things in ways that are ridiculous.

Like that kid they saved. Why did they think he had such a strong tie to his old group? I didn't get the impression that the kid gave two shits about what group he was with, he just didn't want to be alone. Did anyone even think about asking him that? No, they just assumed that he did and decided to torture and kill him. Who would really act like that? It's completely ridiculous and I don't get why this show has such a problem with that. The books didn't have that problem...

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How about Herschthal using the Unlimited Ammo code when holding off the farm. Nice touch. Over 40 shots without reloading.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I thought they did that as a way to make him die fighting. He was like a mini-turret.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How about Herschthal using the Unlimited Ammo code when holding off the farm. Nice touch. Over 40 shots without reloading.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that as it was happening and was called a nitpicker as he obviously stopped to reload at the exact time I said something. People in the room completely disregarded the 90 previous shots fired sans reload.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yup, and that's one of my biggest problems with the show. People react to things in ways that are ridiculous.

Like that kid they saved. Why did they think he had such a strong tie to his old group? I didn't get the impression that the kid gave two shits about what group he was with, he just didn't want to be alone. Did anyone even think about asking him that? No, they just assumed that he did and decided to torture and kill him. Who would really act like that? It's completely ridiculous and I don't get why this show has such a problem with that. The books didn't have that problem...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Also I use to hate on Andrea but ill be damn if she isn't the most useful female of the show.

Amazing how everyone was so quick to seemingly turn on Rick wtf?
Carol, really Carol? Can't trust Rick? WTF? I mean he only spent half the time on the farm along with Daryl looking for your stupid ass daughter (whom by the way would still be alive if she just would have listened to Rick in the first place) for weeks yet because he kept something secret for the good of the group, he somehow cant be trusted?

Idk but some of those scenes were like wtf?
Were they trying to get the audience to side with the group and be against Rick? Cause all it did was make me side with Rick even more.

Lmao

Ugh, I dont even want to say anything because the sensitive folks in here but damn it...these people must have been the ones to show Mitt Romney how to fuck up a sure thing.

I am not spoiler taging anything so dont read if you dont want it spoiled (I cant from where I am sending it)

The herd magically appearing explanation was borderline. Honesty? 200 zombies followed a heli 20 miles (apparently the world was completely silent the entire trip) and happened to be 10 ft away when they heard a gunshot? I will buy it because I want to buy it not because it makes that much sense.

Another thing, the "exciting part" was kinda meh to me for this reason and this reason alone. You either had people head shotting mofos like they were handing out aimbots with dinner or simply throwing themselves into zombies like the leaves of a freshly raked lawn. There was no in-between. Jimmy now owns the award for the pussiest of pussy-like deaths in any show ever. He headshotted 8 zombies and then stood up and walk into 5 of them, through a door he could of easily barricaded. And by barricaded I mean locked...and by locked I mean simply close the door...because it was apparently wide open. Then the one girl had 3 zombies just appear next to her and start eating.

Not really trying to rip it apart but come one...they were driving around headshotting zeds...with shotguns! At that point anything is a weapon...might as well be throwing those sharp cocktail toothpicks with your crazy aim. It took away a lot of the drama.

Plus, they didnt have the balls to kill of a real character. You set up this finale for the entire season and it result in the deaths of 2 people who have a combined 10 min of screen time for the season. Lori squeezes 10 min out of a 1 min scene on the regular.."WHERES MY SON....WHERES MY SON....HES NOT IN THE GARAGE!!! NOES!!!" As a black man...you have permission to kill T-Dawg, he is worthless.

The other thing, how did they "set up" the prison? Although I am super excited for them to get there I am not letting that blur what they did....panning to a computer generated prison for 5 seconds , there is a near limitless number of ways to set up the prison..that was the easiest and by far the laziest.

Michonne part was done well though...she doesnt need a long intro that was badass enough.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Jimmy's death was completely retarded. Why not just wait for Rick and that little punk to jump on the top of the RV and then drive off? What the fuck was he getting up for?! I thought that was what his plan was when he pulled up, and I thought "oh yeah, that's a pretty good idea." But no, I shouldn't give the show that much credit. Of course, he puts it in park and stands up to go outside for...??? I'm not sure. Did he think there was a party going on out there?

Stupid, stupid, stupid fucking show. What the hell is Krikman thinking? He can't be proud of this garbage.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, that reminds me, Jimmy's death was completely retarded. Why not just wait for Rick and that little punk to jump on the top of the RV and then drive off? What the fuck was he getting up for?! I thought that was what his plan was when he pulled up, and I thought "oh yeah, that's a pretty good idea." But no, I shouldn't give the show that much credit. Of course, he puts it in park and stands up to go outside for...??? I'm not sure. Did he think there was a party going on out there?

Stupid, stupid, stupid fucking show. What the hell is Krikman thinking? He can't be proud of this garbage.[/QUOTE]
lol i laughed so hard when that kid died, it was stupid as hell

tumblr_m0m19zg3ci1r5d224o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m0sjqv4OQR1r5d224o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m0noswwHOg1r5d224

Since there's no point in spoiler tagging if no one else doing on this page...

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How about Herschel using the Unlimited Ammo code when holding off the farm. Nice touch. Over 40 shots without reloading.[/QUOTE]

+1. I'm glad someone else couldn't stop wondering when he was going to reload the damn thing. Also glad Sood called out Glenn's disciplined sniper aim with his shotty hanging outside the window of a moving vehicle. Comedy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']As a black man...you have permission to kill T-Dawg, he is worthless.[/QUOTE]

+2, 3, 4, and 5. He's making our race look worse every episode.

[quote name='renique46']Also I use to hate on Andrea but ill be damn if she isn't the most useful female of the show.

Amazing how everyone was so quick to seemingly turn on Rick wtf? Were they trying to get the audience to side with the group and be against Rick? Cause all it did was make me side with Rick even more.[/QUOTE]

+6 and 7. After her struggle in the woods she gets a multiple future episode pass from me. She can be as bitchy as she wants to be. And Rick finally losing it and schooling those assholes on how's going to be from now on was the best part of the finale for me. I can't believe ANY of them still have the gall to judge him while lacking the balls to lead or leave and make their own way. Only two members that seem to respect him are Herschel and Darryl.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, that reminds me, Jimmy's death was completely retarded. Why not just wait for Rick and that little punk to jump on the top of the RV and then drive off? What the fuck was he getting up for?![/QUOTE]

+8. I thought the EXACT same thing. You hear the god damn impact on the roof and you drive the f*ck off into the sunset. It's that simple. I can't believe this is the same kid that was trading headshots with the rest of them a couple of scenes ago. >_>

[quote name='renique46']Next Season they really need to stop the whole Bam Zombie out of nowhere perk, not that i care about patricia that out of nowhere football tackle had me :lol:[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's really lame. NOONE else saw that zombie as they ran past it. Also, why did they wait that long to leave when they were already overrun, I know Lori's being a pain in the ass about Carl (OK, it's her kid, I get it, but obviously he's gone from the house so why not leave too?) Plus Herschel's around the corner with only zombies coming from in front at a distance. The character/zombie placements were really off it seems. Maybe more came from a different side of the farm, but it wasn't clear at all.

This bitch had the nerve to get mad/shun rick for killing someone that tried to rape her and because their son put him down that he didnt even know was there. fuck outta here Lori[/QUOTE]To be fair she didn't know Rick didn't know zombieShane was behind him, BUT this is such a problem in tv/movie writing. Who the hell leads an admission with the end result. People tell the story and give their reasons before dropping the bombshell. According to Kirkman, she's really mad at herself not him, but it all played out poorly.

[quote name='SEH']My thoughts exactly. I was really hoping she'd bite it in those last 10 minutes. I seriously cant stand her. Carl also being a pussy and crying when Rick said he killed Shane irritated me too. There's no way in hell they can follow the comics because this kid is way too much of a sissy to play the Carl portrayed in the comics.[/QUOTE]I'm not a big fan of the actor, but he's playing a CHILD, not a teenage psychotic. He seems to be maybe about ten years old, the actor is twelve. Shane has been in his life since the beginning, stepped in as a father figure when his own dad went missing and he just found out that very dad was the one who killed him and he has no idea of what was going on and why it had to happen. I hear demented stuff happens in the jail so maybe that's what pushes Carl over, although they really should have started with him being a little older.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yup, and that's one of my biggest problems with the show. People react to things in ways that are ridiculous.

Like that kid they saved. Why did they think he had such a strong tie to his old group? I didn't get the impression that the kid gave two shits about what group he was with, he just didn't want to be alone. Did anyone even think about asking him that? No, they just assumed that he did and decided to torture and kill him. Who would really act like that? It's completely ridiculous and I don't get why this show has such a problem with that. The books didn't have that problem...[/QUOTE]I thought the same thing about Randall, but I can see how paranoia and survival could cloud your thinking, but what if they treated him nice, got to know him while he healed and see? I mean how much loyalty could he have to the group that left him to die?

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']How about Herschthal using the Unlimited Ammo code when holding off the farm. Nice touch. Over 40 shots without reloading.[/QUOTE]That was ridiculous. He fired too many shots every time he was on camera, even assuming he had freshly reloaded while off camera, but that's all too common in tv and movies, too. I thought he was gonna bite it on the reload as I figured he'd go down swinging, but the creators really like his character and wanted to keep him going for a while. He was originally supposed to be killed by an escaped Randall until a last minute rewrite. Also, Jimmy, not a cow, originally was going to be found by Dale.

[quote name='renique46']
Amazing how everyone was so quick to seemingly turn on Rick wtf?
Carol, really Carol? Can't trust Rick? WTF? I mean he only spent half the time on the farm along with Daryl looking for your stupid ass daughter (whom by the way would still be alive if she just would have listened to Rick in the first place) for weeks yet because he kept something secret for the good of the group, he somehow cant be trusted?
[/QUOTE]People sure turned too fast, I mean I know they want to find a safe place to hole up, but sitting there with no gas what are they to do? And once again Rick's unveiling of Jenner's reveal was typical tv writing crap. Why not lead with "I didn't want to scare people unnecessarily cause Jenner was batshit crazy, but he told me ... and I wanted to be sure first." And on the Carol thing while I agree with you, she blamed Rick for her daughter getting lost because he left her alone.

[quote name='Soodmeg']...
The herd magically appearing explanation was borderline. Honesty? 200 zombies followed a heli 20 miles (apparently the world was completely silent the entire trip) and happened to be 10 ft away when they heard a gunshot? I will buy it because I want to buy it not because it makes that much sense.

Another thing, the "exciting part" was kinda meh to me for this reason and this reason alone. You either had people head shotting mofos like they were handing out aimbots with dinner or simply throwing themselves into zombies like the leaves of a freshly raked lawn. There was no in-between. Jimmy now owns the award for the pussiest of pussy-like deaths in any show ever. He headshotted 8 zombies and then stood up and walk into 5 of them, through a door he could of easily barricaded. And by barricaded I mean locked...and by locked I mean simply close the door...because it was apparently wide open. Then the one girl had 3 zombies just appear next to her and start eating.

Not really trying to rip it apart but come one...they were driving around headshotting zeds...with shotguns! At that point anything is a weapon...might as well be throwing those sharp cocktail toothpicks with your crazy aim. It took away a lot of the drama.

Plus, they didnt have the balls to kill of a real character. You set up this finale for the entire season and it result in the deaths of 2 people who have a combined 10 min of screen time for the season. Lori squeezes 10 min out of a 1 min scene on the regular.."WHERES MY SON....WHERES MY SON....HES NOT IN THE GARAGE!!! NOES!!!" As a black man...you have permission to kill T-Dawg, he is worthless.

The other thing, how did they "set up" the prison? Although I am super excited for them to get there I am not letting that blur what they did....panning to a computer generated prison for 5 seconds , there is a near limitless number of ways to set up the prison..that was the easiest and by far the laziest.
[/QUOTE]At least they explained the herd. It's a pretty big stretch, although I don't know how many distractions you really think there would be on the way there and they were more like 900 feet away, but my question is would they not lose interest eventually. They had to have walked for several days on a mission.

Jimmy's death was pretty lame. It was one of those flimsy ass folding doors that doesn't really lock and hence is a big problem, but why did he walk back there? I thought he'd stop, they'd jump on and bang the roof and say let's go and he'd drive off, not jump up and stand by the door waiting to get eaten.

The marksmanship of these people is truly earned. Remember when they were target practicing and everyone complained, well it prepared them for this. Seriously, WTF??? Constant headshots from moving vehicles ON FARMLAND, that shit's not smooth in the slightest. It would be constant bumps making any kind of shot impossible. The plan sucked ass from the get go, but they should have pulled up at a decent distance, got out and shot standing from the door until zombies got closer, get in, back up and do it again. Driving back and forth was ridiculous. Also, judging by the holes left behind, the shotties seem to be loaded with slugs and not buckshot so precise headshots from a fair distance would be much more possible, just not like that.

I still like the episode a lot, but some of the little flaws and tv writing moments just irk me.

bread's done
Back