AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='renique46']
YoTp8mP.png
[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!:applause:

[quote name='Scorch']TWD shattered numbers last night again, netting over 12.3M viewers.

Expect a fourth season renewal soon. With those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and renewed it for a fifth season.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's AMC. They'll hedge their bets every season waiting for the bottom to drop out.

I don't know about you guys but I got excited when the governor named the list of the people that died. I didn't care about the others but when I heard Heisenburg, I couldn't help but smile to myself. Then that smile went away I realized we have to wait another 6 months =(

I still enjoyed the episode last Sunday. It was a building point.
We can't have every damn episode with explosions and what not.

I thought the episode was pretty good. Not a fan of ghosts though.

I have no problem if they want to have Rick go crazy and have a break down and go crazy, but I'd rather not see he his crazy. I'd rather be like one of the the other people in the room watching this crazy guy with a gun raving like a lunatic.

I feel like Glen may bite the dust soon. He is getting too ballsy and aggressive, and that means he may get killed. I doubt they would kill Michonne (even though I'm not a fan of her in the comic or here). Especially since they now have Tyrese and crew around.

I wonder if Axle will get any more of a role. Maybe Sofia's mom will hook up with him.

Is the girl with Tyrese suppose to be his daughter from the comic? She looks pretty old so I didn't know. I also may have not paid attention if it was discussed.

I'm still enjoying the Governor. He is bad, but not like crazy over the top evil like in the comic.

[quote name='Gannikus']I don't know about you guys but I got excited when the governor named the list of the people that died. I didn't care about the others but when I heard Heisenburg, I couldn't help but smile to myself. Then that smile went away I realized we have to wait another 6 months =([/QUOTE]

Wow nice touch...I didn't catch that :(

[quote name='Dokstarr']I thought the episode was pretty good. Not a fan of ghosts though.

Is the girl with Tyrese suppose to be his daughter from the comic? She looks pretty old so I didn't know. I also may have not paid attention if it was discussed.

.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was his sister...I read that in reviews.

[quote name='Rodimus']I thought it was his gf or wife. I don't remember him having a daughter in the comics.[/QUOTE]
Really? What happened was a pretty big deal in the comics.

She ended up having sex with the white boy a little older than her and they made a suicide pact. Only problem is that he pulled the trigger before she did. Tyrese then strangled him, waited for him to turn, and then kept mutilating him until there was nothing left to keep animated.

[quote name='Rodimus']I thought it was his gf or wife. I don't remember him having a daughter in the comics.[/QUOTE]

He did.

Remember she had the weird boyfriend and he killed her as they were trying the joint suicide (shoot each other at the same time, but she didn't do her end of it)--comeback as walkers and live forever together crap. Tyreese ended up torturing him to death.

Thanks for the refresher. I speed through that part of the story. I really should go back and re-read it. I vaguely remember what happened before
they left the prison

As for the episode it was good. I'm kinda hating Rick now. Going crazy and just being a douche to all the new comers even though Michone's proved her worth.

I still haven't finished S2, at first I was avidly watching it but got sidetracked. However, it definitely didn't impact me as much as S1 which had me hooked.

Time to finish the deed on Netflix so I can get into S3.

In July, AMC aired The Walking Dead pilot in black & white. The format was a hit with fans. As a result, AMC has decided to air seasons 1 and 2 in black & white this February.

These are the dates AMC plans to air the black & white episodes:

Feb. 14, 6:30pm 101
Feb. 14, 8pm 102
Feb. 21, 8pm 103
Feb. 28, 8pm 104
March 7, 8pm 105
March 14, 8pm 106
March 21, 7:30pm 201
April 4, 8pm 202
April 11, 8pm 203
April 18, 8pm 204
April 25, 8pm 205
May 2, 8pm 206

To me Glenn has been the soul of the TV show (haven't read the comic, so don't know about that medium), since its inception. For those who saw Talking Dead (now in a full-hour timeslot, feels more natural, althought padded), there was a comment that Steve Yeun (Glenn), who appeared on the show, will be spun off to have his own show, The Walking Glenn.

They were half-joking about the spin-off, but I agree with them that Glenn isn't being Glenn this year. Not really for the better, just different. With the addition of Tyrese -- who I really enjoy -- I feel Glenn is expendable. While Glenn used to be the soul of "Rick's Gang," I feel Tyrese has now become the conscious of this Prison Community. I can forsee Tyrese assuming control of Rick's Gang temporarily, until Rick snaps out of his craziness.

Just my two cents.

[quote name='cancermatt']I feel Glenn is expendable.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that may be true judging by how he is acting and the preview showing him wanting to go after the Governor. He is no longer the conscious of the group and wants to wander off by himself. May not be a good idea.

Now that Dale is gone (wandered off by himself) Glenn became the kind of conscious and innocent one of the group, but it seems Tyrese may fill that roll now that Glen wants to get all badass.

He guys I'm watching a rerun of the new episode. Got a question.

I'm on mobile idk how to get that spoiler button.. I guess /spoilers?
In the woods, Daryl and Merle had an argument.

Merle said: you and rick are thise close now

Then something happened, Merle tore Daryls shirt exposing that tattoo and

Merle said: I didn't know he...

Daryl: Yea he did
What's he referring to?

Also what's the deal between maggie and glenn again?

Why is maggie mad?

Edit: holy shit I got the tags right by typing them lol

[quote name='giantqtipz']He guys I'm watching a rerun of the new episode. Got a question.

I'm on mobile idk how to get that spoiler button.. I guess /spoilers?
In the woods, Daryl and Merle had an argument.

Merle said: you and rick are thise close now

Then something happened, Merle tore Daryls shirt exposing that tattoo and

Merle said: I didn't know he...

Daryl: Yea he did
What's he referring to?

Also what's the deal between maggie and glenn again?

Why is maggie mad?

Edit: holy shit I got the tags right by typing them lol[/QUOTE]

RE: Daryl & Merle

The whole thing with Daryl's shirt wasn't supposed to draw attention to his tattoo, it was supposed to draw attention to the scars that were all over his back. The conversation that occured afterwards implies that their father beat the bejesus out of both of them, but Merle left.

[quote name='Sycowulf']RE: Daryl & Merle

The whole thing with Daryl's shirt wasn't supposed to draw attention to his tattoo, it was supposed to draw attention to the scars that were all over his back. The conversation that occured afterwards implies that their father beat the bejesus out of both of them, but Merle left.
[/QUOTE]
I didn't notice any of that just his tats

[quote name='GUNNM']I didn't notice any of that just his tats[/QUOTE]

The tats were distracting, but yeah, we were supposed to look at the spoilered stuff.

Merle didn't know that his father beat Daryl, too. Not sure if that happened because Merle left or if it happened at the same time, but no doubt their dad went heavy on Daryl once Merle left. Which is also why Daryl said he's the one walking away, but Merle is the one leaving "again."

Nice episode of call of walking dead dead duty :roll:

The writers need to seriously stop being so goddamn shitty and predictable when someones about to get axed ( no pun intended axle lol )

also "slloooooooow down beaner" - LOL Merle i swear :rofl:. The Governor continues to be the best part of this show

Props to axles body being one of the best bullet proof shields ive ever seen i mean no scratch on carol =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Season finale: Rick wields Axel's Kevlar corpse and Hershel's infinite shotgun, singlehandedly defends the prison and takes Woodbury.

The director did a pretty bad job at supposedly showing the scars that I never noticed. Even on talking dead someone asked about the tats over the scars.

[quote name='ced']Season finale: Rick wields Axel's Kevlar corpse and Hershel's infinite shotgun, singlehandedly defends the prison and takes Woodbury.[/QUOTE]

While riding a motorcycle he spray painted LIKE A BOSS on. There will also be fireworks.

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't know which character is washing and waxing all the cars but they did a bang up job with that truck.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I turned to my wife and asked her "Where the fuck did they just find a brand new Dodge Ram in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?"

But yea, I was pretty pissed with this episode.
Everyone is shooting hundreds of bullets, The Governor is just standing there not moving, not one person gets hit (besides the guy on the watch tower eventually). But as soon as the zombies come out, head shots left and right! Don't understand it.

The governor needs to step it up. I would have hacked into the prison's speakers and said ZOMBIES HAVE ENTERED THE GAME when that van's door dropped open.

[quote name='Manifest95']LMAO! I turned to my wife and asked her "Where the fuck did they just find a brand new Dodge Ram in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?" [/quote]
I knew there was something off about that truck.

Everyone is shooting hundreds of bullets, The Governor is just standing there not moving, not one person gets hit (besides the guy on the watch tower eventually). But as soon as the zombies come out, head shots left and right! Don't understand it.
Not true.
Axel was a bullet magnet.:lol:

I must be the only one that's been completely happy with every season thus far. I've enjoyed pretty much every episode. I don't need any more action, more zombies, more Darryl, or whatever. I'm fine with the show as it is. I enjoy it because I enjoy the interactions between the characters. It's much deeper than just zombies and gore.

As usual, people just like to nitpick. I'm not going to say it was a flawless episode, and like pretty much any TV show ever in the history of life, there were things that lacked realism. But like it's been brought up a thousand times over...nitpicking about minor details being "unrealistic" in a show about zombies just seems silly. It's still one of the most enjoyable shows on television right now (as proven by the ratings it pulls in week after week).

I'm actually surprised so many people had issues with this episode, as I thought it had a solid mix of drama, action, and tension. The scenes with Darryl and Merle, Glenn's struggle to deal with what has been happening, Rick trying to keep it together, etc. The way people just mercilessly rip into the characters and their actions...they're just not giving them any leeway for erratic behavior during a crisis situation. Then you've got people too busy thinking of their next complaint that they miss blatant scars on somebody's back or forget why there's tension between Maggie and Glenn. This is the biggest show on TV right now. It's gotta be doing something right.

[quote name='uglyteradon']You're correct that Moore stopped at the first trade but you're wrong when it comes to Adlard having better artwork. I really think that Tony Moore is one of the best comic artists in the industry these days (and I've read a lot of dumb books just because he did the art for it). Not to say that Adlard's art is horrible, I just think that it wasn't very good at first and has gradually improved over the course of his run.[/QUOTE]
I still don't know why Adlard changed Andrea to look like her sister and then in the show put Andrea is back to being blonde.

[quote name='Manifest95']LMAO! I turned to my wife and asked her "Where the fuck did they just find a brand new Dodge Ram in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?"

[/QUOTE]

I share your comment, shooting / shoot outs on television shows are very frustrating. Also terrible continuity error on the tattoo!

[quote name='saunderscowie']I share your comment, shooting / shoot outs on television shows are very frustrating. Also terrible continuity error on the tattoo![/QUOTE]

Calling it "terrible" is a bit of an exaggeration. Movies and TV shows do things like that all the time. You'll have shirts going from buttoned to unbuttoned, objects "mysteriously" moving back and forth, etc. It's just extremely difficult to be that perfect all the time. If I had to guess, there was probably a logical reason the shot needed to be mirrored, and they were just hoping people wouldn't notice. For people to gripe about it so severely just shows that they're looking for problems. I'd suggest that people just relax and have a good time, but I know what a massive uproar that would cause.

[quote name='Tsel']I must be the only one that's been completely happy with every season thus far. I've enjoyed pretty much every episode. I don't need any more action, more zombies, more Darryl, or whatever. I'm fine with the show as it is. I enjoy it because I enjoy the interactions between the characters. It's much deeper than just zombies and gore.[/QUOTE]

Same. I'm not a big action show/movie fan, I'm more into it for the character stuff. I also don't nitpick things much, which helps not get annoyed by things like not being able to hit the governor and other people, and being crack shots on the zombies that drive people nuts.

The show isn't a masterpiece or anything, but I like the characters and seeing how they interact and develop in dealing with life in the post-zombie apocalypse. Those are the main things that have me still watching and reading the comics.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmaul1114']Same. I'm not a big action show/movie fan, I'm more into it for the character stuff. I also don't nitpick things much, which helps not get annoyed by things like not being able to hit the governor and other people, and being crack shots on the zombies that drive people nuts.

The show isn't a master piece or anything, but I like the characters and seeing how the interact and develop in dealing with life in the post-zombie apocalypse. That's the main things that has me still watching and reading the comics.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed.

The shootout was a bit ridiculous, but to be fair it's different shooting at something that is slowly walking towards you and shooting at someone that is firing hot death in your general direction.

bread's done
Back