AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='JP']Everyone dies and the show becomes a documentary style program following zombies as they migrate across the country.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, this is a FANTASTIC idea. I'm not even joking.

[quote name='Strell']Holy shit, this is a FANTASTIC idea. I'm not even joking.[/QUOTE]

That would be boring as shit. Carl's gonna die :)

As someone who has read the comics, I'm a bit nervous about where the show goes after season 3. I think at this point, everybody (comic reader or not) knows what the finale is going to be...and an assumption that lots of people will die is a fairly safe bet. There are plenty of new characters to be introduced still...but I can't think of too many shows that wipe out the majority of their cast in one swoop. Now, that would be very true to the source material...but part of me wonders if it would actually hurt ratings. Even for characters people don't like...you get invested after multiple years of watching. Essentially starting over could lose some viewers. It definitely seems like something they need to be careful with.

[quote name='WV Matsui']That would be boring as shit. Carl's gonna die :)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for Carl and Andrea to die painfully.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

This is how you can tell the writer are being handcuffed into forcing plot devices.....Michonne has only personally saved 4 or 5 peoples lives including blondie, informed them that their group was kidnapped, lead them to the governed, helped with the raid, then did a bunch of stuff to help afterward as well as being the one who invented the hole zombie-b-gone tactic...(which I am surprise no in the show cares about...)

It feels as though they forgot to air the episode where Michonne actually betrays them in some way.

They have also ruined the Governor because they showed his hand far to early and to too many people. The people in Ricks group arent suppose to know the governor is a mini hitler until 5 seconds before he shows up to kill everyone. As it stands now the group has first hand knowledge from about 10 sources that the governor bathes in blood every night.....yet they keep on with this..."maybe if we send him some cookies he will be cool?" You mean the guy who you know.....sexually assaulted maggie, tortured glenn, tried to kill daryle and merle by having them fight enough other to the death, tried to kill michonne, kept his dead daughter tied up in a room and fed her everyday as well as going to sleep with the charming gazes of 50 severed heads?

Its annoying to see rick constantly having to ponder how to make peace with him when he already knows that he is a nut job.[/QUOTE]

I believe Hershel mentioned all those and more about Michonne just at the end of the other episode. Also the episode before with Morgan was mostly all about how she is now part of the group. Carl even goes and it says it right at the end.

I feel they have gotten past the whole doubting Michonne thing - at least for a few weeks now and now she is part of the group.

As for Rick's group not knowing the Governor is evil until he storms the gates. I'm not sure if you are referencing the comics, because even though it has been years and years I'm pretty sure after all that happened in the town and with Tyrese everyone knew he was evil.

If you are just on about the show - I don't think anyone is showing that think they can bargain with him. Any character who talks pretty much says either kill him or get out of the prison before he shows up. Rick specifically says that he knows that if they give into the deal the Governor will just kill them all immediately afterward

I do agree with the lack of people in the town. It doesn't feel like there are too many people there, but maybe there are only like 40 or something. I do not know. They showed a good amount of people trying to leave the town after Rick's group was there and during the gladiator fights. Maybe there isn't that many and that is why the Governor even mentions it will come down to the last man, especially since Rick's group is much more battle hardened then his town folk.

As for the episode itself. It had some high tension moments with Rick and the Governor, but did feel a bit flat after last week's episode.

On an unrelated note - I wonder where they will go with this next season. Follow the comics a bit or do their own thing? I honestly haven't loved the comic over the last 2 or 3 years. Characters who I don't care about show up, do a little and then die while the core (well almost all the core) just keep doing there thing.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I wonder where they will go with this next season. Follow the comics a bit or do their own thing?[/QUOTE]

For those who subscribe to Rolling Stone, there's a great article in the March 28 issue on this very thing. In it, Robert Kirkman says, "The episodes are all about ramping up the conflict between the Governor and Rick. There are a few surprises in store as to who is going to be doing what on which side. Those reveals are going to be startling."

Oh, and exactly 27 characters die in the season finale.

"The reality is, nobody is safe. We're not going to slow things down, but if I had a criticism of Season Three, it would be that we didn't focus on character development. We're going to try to step it up a notch in that department."

He points to "Clear" which focused on a road trip. "We're going to focus on fewer characters per episode." Not coincidentally, Clear was written by new showrunner, Scott Gimple.

[quote name='JP']Everyone dies and the show becomes a documentary style program following zombies as they migrate across the country.[/QUOTE]

Seriously this is an fun idea, even if it's done as a spoof. Someone make this and get it narrated by David Attenborough while you're at it.

[quote name='cancermatt']Oh, and exactly 27 characters die in the season finale.[/QUOTE]

My predictions:

For sure:
Merle
Governor
Martinez
Asthma kid
White guy #1(Tyrese crew)
White guy #2(Tyrese crew)
Random Woodburians #1-20

Maybe:
Michonne
Glenn
Hershel's youngest daughther

No way in hell:
Tyrese, the black Highlander

[quote name='Strell']No way. Stephen Fry needs to narrate it.[/QUOTE]
That was my thought as well. Depending upon the tone it might be better with Morgan Freeman though.

Possible spoiler (Picture) *not mine

picture.php

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Possible spoiler (Picture) *not mine

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

There goes half the TWD audience if thats legit, all though i wonder how that whole full episode was obtained already.

-Another episode that has some shitty ass annoying random song playing in the end.

-Poor Tyrese, just getting HHH buried and taking shit left and right, I guess he isnt worthy of the aimbot since he couldn't hit a walker about 5 ft in front of him with a scope yet Carl can snipe walkers from a watch tower with a pistol :applause:

-Props on bringing back the special "Ninja zombie out of nowhere" perk...and being strong enough to restrain someone with chokeholds...... fuck you.

-Jason,Freddy, Mike Myers watch out there's a new Governor in town (pun intended)

-If Gov was humming Zelda's lullaby, he should be allowed to win the season, cant hum that up and fail.

-The way Governor kept finding Andrea reminded me of those Looney Tunes Droopy cartoons where every time someone would run away Droopy would be already there and waiting for them till they run away again.

-Again with another Lori appearance fuck you

Poor Laurie Holden trying to explain her character because she probably knows they butchered the writing for her character, hopefully they show the deleted scenes that she was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking the youngest daughter of Hershel will die, crushing Judith during the battle, Andrea will be brainwashed into fighting for the govenor but end up killing him. The gates will be destroyed zombies will be infesting the Prison, Hershel will be so shocked by his daughter's death he will be shot or eaten. The Grimes crew will then head to DC. Oh and Maggie will start showing signs that she's pregnant.

[quote name='renique46']There goes half the TWD audience if thats legit, all though i wonder how that whole full episode was obtained already.

-Another episode that has some shitty ass annoying random song playing in the end.

-Poor Tyrese, just getting HHH buried and taking shit left and right, I guess he isnt worthy of the aimbot since he couldn't hit a walker about 5 ft in front of him with a scope yet Carl can snipe walkers from a watch tower with a pistol :applause:

-Props on bringing back the special "Ninja zombie out of nowhere" perk...and being strong enough to restrain someone with chokeholds...... fuck you.

-Jason,Freddy, Mike Myers watch out there's a new Governor in town (pun intended)

-If Gov was humming Zelda's lullaby, he should be allowed to win the season, cant hum that up and fail.

-The way Governor kept finding Andrea reminded me of those Looney Tunes Droopy cartoons where every time someone would run away Droopy would be already there and waiting for them till they run away again.

-Again with another Lori appearance fuck you
Poor Laurie Holden trying to explain her character because she probably knows they butchered the writing for her character, hopefully they show the deleted scenes that she was talking about.[/QUOTE]

My reply to your points:

- Yes, using TWD as a platform to introduce these indie artists is getting pretty old already since it seems like every episode they are doing it now.

- Carl was trained by 2 police officers, Tyrese has no training at all. I would hope Carl has better aim, however I do agree with you that he can snipe pretty well with a hand gun.

- I thought nothing of the ninja zombie, since I figure most zombies have super human strength anyway if they can rip apart a body so easily. I was more suprised that Andrea kept her cool and killed 3 zombies with a pocket knife like it was nothing.

- Ha! I cant do anything but agree with you on that one. It did have that Freddy nightmare feel to it.

- :applause: Another excellent point. I was trying to figure out what he was humming, but now it all makes sense!

- It will be hard for the Gov NOT to find her with all the damn noise she was making. I was just watching and thinking "WTF? Do you HAVE to run into everything?"

- I might have missed this scene, but I thought the only time we saw Rick was when Andrea was near the camp, which Rick mistakenly thought that when he saw Andrea he thought he ws just seeing another vision. I actually thought they played the scene very well, since it made a lot more sense than him just mistaking her as a walker.

And yes, I did see the Talking Dead and thought it was funny that Andrea had to go on about "yea, there is A LOT more explained about why my character is sticking around the town, but some asshole edited everything out."

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. I like it when it stays at one location. I think that is what takes it away when they start running the two different sides against each other in a single episode. It losses focus to me for some reason.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]
Only your face turns gray when you become a zombie? His neck looks pretty flesh tone and healthy to me.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

That's been all over /b/ for the last week. Sucks, but it seems legit.

For this week: (Spoilers are needed for a show that aired the day before? Meanwhile this entire thread is full of posts the day after without spoiler tags? Hypocrisy)
Terrible episode. Terrible beyond belief. The Governor is the new horror movie bad guy as one person pointed out in this thread.

-He's driving a truck in the other direction but spots Andrea in the field. Okay, maybe believeable.
-But when he tracks her down to the empty warehouse type building, he knows her location like 90% in there. Terrible writing. I know this is fiction and zombie fiction at that, but the Governor is pretty much Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers. He knows where his target is at the entire time during this sequence. Horrible writing.
-Tyrese = bitch. Horrible.
-Governor hits a zed in the face with a shovel (while the zed is on its back) and the whole head crumbles like jello. I didn't realize that zombie's heads became soft mush. No wonder knives penetrate skulls so easily in this show.

[quote name='jbroush99']
Only your face turns gray when you become a zombie? His neck looks pretty flesh tone and healthy to me.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I came to point out. Something about it just looks off.

My unpopular opinion on spoiler tags in television show threads on CAG:

The tagging of spoilers point of view is flawed. If someone enters a thread about a show that airs on sunday night, on monday.....they should expect results. Same thing with going to IMDB to look out information on a show or a movie they haven't seen and then venture into the forums.

So should every single post on TWD have spoiler tags from now until a year or two from now? Keep in mind, through the current logic.....someone may have not watched the episode/seasons being talked about.

Talking about an episode and having spoiler tags the same evening makes sense. A day later is a moot point. People know well enough to not enter a thread if they don't want to read about what happened. Hell, put "spoilers" in the title of the thread. Spoiler tagging entire posts ruins the thread and the point of it.

[quote name='Tsel']
That's exactly what I came to point out. Something about it just looks off.
[/QUOTE]

TWD isn't exactly a top-notch operation when you get down to the brass tacks. I can believe that someone overlooked that particular mistake because they miss mistakes every week on this show.

Plot holes, terrible writing and common errors are the norm on the TWD. I'm just hoping for the finale to be something close to how good Season One was. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be waiting every week during Season 4 to watch it.

[quote name='Calipso']My unpopular opinion on spoiler tags in television show threads on CAG:

The tagging of spoilers point of view is flawed. If someone enters a thread about a show that airs on sunday night, on monday.....they should expect results. Same thing with going to IMDB to look out information on a show or a movie they haven't seen and then venture into the forums.

So should every single post on TWD have spoiler tags from now until a year or two from now? Keep in mind, through the current logic.....someone may have not watched the episode/seasons being talked about.

Talking about an episode and having spoiler tags the same evening makes sense. A day later is a moot point. People know well enough to not enter a thread if they don't want to read about what happened. Hell, put "spoilers" in the title of the thread. Spoiler tagging entire posts ruins the thread and the point of it.[/QUOTE]

Whenever i miss the airing of the episode i simply stay the fuck off the thread and wait till im able to watch the episode to keep up. Damn thing airs about 4-5 times Sunday ffs. Having to spoiler our shit because people are too stupid to come into a thread the night of or day after the show is aired without watching is retarded.

Wow, some people are kind of a big deal in this thread. What with deciding that every other person in the world should abide by their big shot life's schedule.

Goodness. Do you people get mad when you hit a red light while driving? I mean, because red lights shouldn't apply to your busy hot steppin'?

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

The other thing of note here is that it says WDS0315 which I assume means season 3 episode 15. There are 16 episodes in this season. So if this really happens, it will happen this Sunday and not in the season finale.

[quote name='jbroush99']
The other thing of note here is that it says WDS0315 which I assume means season 3 episode 15. There are 16 episodes in this season. So if this really happens, it will happen this Sunday and not in the season finale.
[/QUOTE]

oEttQaH.jpg

:bomb:

[quote name='Calipso']That's been all over /b/ for the last week. Sucks, but it seems legit.

For this week: (Spoilers are needed for a show that aired the day before? Meanwhile this entire thread is full of posts the day after without spoiler tags? Hypocrisy)
Terrible episode. Terrible beyond belief. The Governor is the new horror movie bad guy as one person pointed out in this thread.

-He's driving a truck in the other direction but spots Andrea in the field. Okay, maybe believeable.
-But when he tracks her down to the empty warehouse type building, he knows her location like 90% in there. Terrible writing. I know this is fiction and zombie fiction at that, but the Governor is pretty much Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers. He knows where his target is at the entire time during this sequence. Horrible writing.
-Tyrese = bitch. Horrible.
-Governor hits a zed in the face with a shovel (while the zed is on its back) and the whole head crumbles like jello. I didn't realize that zombie's heads became soft mush. No wonder knives penetrate skulls so easily in this show.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that spoilers are needed on anything posted on this thread, since I had spoilers on everything BUT my last sentence saying I liked the episode and my post was still edited. Spoilers on everything I type for now on!

Not much to add since everything has already been mentioned.

I cant wait for the governor storyline to be over since they cant seem to show how menacing he is suppose to be without turning him into a caricature of every movie bad guy ever.

The interview with real life blondie makes serve to reenforce how handcuffed the writers are on this show for me. Like I said before, the guys who write this show are actually stellar and have been working in the business for decades, they know what they are doing.

This feels like the network not wanting to spend any money on anything and forcing them to write in very small boxes.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not much to add since everything has already been mentioned.

I cant wait for the governor storyline to be over since they cant seem to show how menacing he is suppose to be without turning him into a caricature of every movie bad guy ever.

The interview with real life blondie makes serve to reenforce how handcuffed the writers are on this show for me. Like I said before, the guys who write this show are actually stellar and have been working in the business for decades, they know what they are doing.

This feels like the network not wanting to spend any money on anything and forcing them to write in very small boxes.[/QUOTE]
If I recall correctly, I believe that the network is basically barebones funding the show just to take advantage of the tax credits as the primary source of profits. I can't remember if they did it with another show or if they're just copying that model from another network.

[quote name='Strell']Wow, some people are kind of a big deal in this thread. What with deciding that every other person in the world should abide by their big shot life's schedule.

Goodness. Do you people get mad when you hit a red light while driving? I mean, because red lights shouldn't apply to your busy hot steppin'?[/QUOTE]

Or.....you simply avoid the thread of a TV show if you HAVEN'T watched it. Hurr durr, that would make too much sense.

Whoa, slow down there, chief! I didn't realize you didn't have people to post in this thread for you! Just order one of those many, many servants to be considerate to other people, and take the .2 seconds it takes to click the spoilers button. Or .4 to type it out, provided they aren't retarded.

I don't come into the thread until I have seen the latest episode. Doesn't take that much self restraint. That's just my .02

I guess some people are still on Season 1 or 2 how ever which makes sense in a way.

Plus, those spoiler tags are a big red button that you shouldn't touch but just have to anyways.

I also avoid the thread until I'm caught up on the show. People can make all the clever quips they want, but it seems pretty unreasonable for me to expect others to restrict their discussion just because I'm behind on the show...but still feel compelled to read people discussing episodes I haven't seen...but only if it's in vague detail. I mean, I still try to do it as a courtesy, but at some point, it does start to sound a little silly doesn't it?

[quote name='renique46']
oEttQaH.jpg

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

remember they said if you smell like one they would not attack... maybe they dressed him up as on to get though the swarm

[quote name='Strell']Whoa, slow down there, chief! I didn't realize you didn't have people to post in this thread for you! Just order one of those many, many servants to be considerate to other people, and take the .2 seconds it takes to click the spoilers button. Or .4 to type it out, provided they aren't retarded.[/QUOTE]
Came into a thread about a show that just aired and am shocked to see spoilers.
Crazy fucking world!

Looks like those spoilers came to pass. Unfortunate. Good ending to the episode though, glad to see some people can redeem themselves.

What an ending and what a performance by Darryl. I had chills throughout my entire body during the final scene.

wow...

honestly I thought it would have been an interesting turn of events if...
Meryl somehow recognized his brother and instead of going after him, just walked off. I know that's not how the virus works..

[quote name='ITDEFX']wow...

honestly I thought it would have been an interesting turn of events if...
Meryl somehow recognized his brother and instead of going after him, just walked off. I know that's not how the virus works..[/QUOTE]
uhhhhh

Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... fuck

Ending made up for the other 55 mins of garbage.

-Welcome back the dodge ram with its wax job again

-Couldn't stop laughing at the chevy on 20's, then an extra laugh was had when i realize the original owner could only afford 2

-wtf is with having such a tense scene with merle and the governor troops shootout etc only to have the very next scene be a goddamn marriage proposal? way to kill that tension.

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

-that shootout scene seemed to highlight the problem Soodmeg was pointing out a couple of episodes ago. They set up this whole impending war with the Governor and every time you saw the town it seemed like there was only about 5-6 people that would be going to war against the prison which would seem like they have even numbers. Now fast forward to this episode and now there seems to be 10+ of these bastards at the rendezvous that Merle went after. where the hell these fools come from?

-If Martinez is sporting a damn grenade launcher im gonna love how they somehow write this war to be somewhat even.

[quote name='renique46']Sucks those spoiler pics were true.... fuck

-Sad that Merle's genius plan had to get buried by Mazzaras shitty writing with the surprise ninja zombie out of nowhere routine. Then suddenly everyone knows where Merle is even though nobody knew he was even there in the first place. Let me also get this straight, Michonne whooped the Govs ass all around his place leaving him with only 1 eye, yet Merle who has Military training gets his ass beat by that same 1 eyed governor :roll:

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was explained pretty well what happened:

Martinez and his buddy had already noticed Merle before the zombie showed up. Showed them pointing to the window after noticing someone getting shot. Also before the Governor fought Merle he was pretty much already curb stomped for about 30 seconds by the two guys who kicked his ass before then pretty much picking him up for the Governor to get his kicks in.

bread's done
Back